July 28, 2014 | 2069 users online

Masks - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 25% Mandelic Acid Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask has really made a difference in my skin in terms of evening the tone out and keeping it nice, clear, and smooth. The price is right too. I have reordered this several times. I no longer have the need for the Ren glycol lactic mask because I find this to be more effective and it has a better price point. But if your skin is more sensitive, you may prefer something like the Ren. The mandelic peel doesn't have the best smell, but it is only on your face for 3 to 5 minutes, so you may not find that to be a big deal. Highly recommend!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin with light hereditary freckling on my cheeks (I'm Japanese) and about 4 months ago my face started breaking out badly in cysts and regular acne. I had tons of clogged pores also, most likely from the glycolic acid lotion and salicylic acid pads I was using. During the peak of the break out, I had about 30 painful, large inflamed bumps all over my face. It was terrible and I got depressed because of it. My skin had always been one of my assets and all of a sudden, I had moderate acne as an adult. I quit using all the products I'd been using before, and went to a dermatologist who put me on Bactrim (sulfa antibiotic) and Epiduo.
Then, midway into my one month cycle of Bactrim I added this gem of a product to my regimen and my skin has been getting better and better every week, exponentially. Undoubtedly, the Bactrim and Epiduo have made a difference in my skin (I have only one active pimple on my forehead now) but this peel has amped up the results of the topical medications. I feel that the peel helps keeps the flakes from the Epiduo (it's a retinoid with benzoyl peroxide) under control and does a stellar job of unclogging pores. All of the clogs that sat under my skin before as those infuriating bumps that never come out when you try to extract them have surfaced to the point where they are very easily extractable. I've used this peel once a week, leaving it on for 3 minutes, for three weeks and all of a sudden, handfuls of people I see every day have been telling me that I'm glowing, poreless and that I'm so pretty. Trust me, when I was depressed and broken out NO ONE told me that. Of course, I still have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (red marks) from my acne but they are fading quickly. This peel hasn't done much for my freckles, but I imagine I'd need a deeper peel to touch those. At this moment, I'm just thrilled that my skin is smooth, soft, glowing and clearing up so much more quickly.
This peel is special because of its' antibiotic properties and it's gentle enough to use on active acne: I had a cyst and few pimples when I first did the peel and all of them had shrunk 50% by the following day. I avoid pimples that have popped (open wounds) by using a q-tip for application because it burns and causes the wound to become irritated and more red. After all, it is an acid. Also, I don't use the Epiduo for 24 hours before and after the peel. I have not experienced peeling or irritation to my skin as a result. What a great product this is! I feel so much more confident after using it because my skin is smooth like glass to the touch and my foundation and sunscreen (not to mention acne medications) apply and wear much better throughout the day. I got the sample size from makeupartistschoice.com for a few dollars and I've got more than half the bottle left. I will never be without this in the future if I can help it!! I will update after my full 6 week course but I had to come here and share my story because I'm so happy with the results halfway through. For all those who are suffering from adult onset acne, I empathize and recommend that you try adding this little good-skin-catalyst-in-a-bottle.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by enolan119

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this peel. It gives me that "glow" that other reviewers have been describing.

The price is great, the packaging is fine (I don't care about fancy bottles, just make it practical) and the directions are clear. MUAC has quick shipping although now they charge for it.

I've been using it for over a year on an "every week" basis, sometimes twice a week. I have rather hearty skin and I kept leaving the peel on longer and longer until I left it on overnight. There were no ill effects except for some mild tingling, so that's what I do once or twice a week. I realize this may not be a good idea for everyone (especially those youngsters!) but it is what works for me.

I wash my face first, make sure it is completely dry and then use my fingers to spread the acid over my skin. I let it soak in for about 5 minutes, then I cover with a heavy moisturizer. In the morning, I wake up with clear, glowy skin that feels supple and moist. ALWAYS USE A SUNSCREEN!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

love this and have repurchased 3x. it's now hg! I only use it on my tzone and chin. i find my cheeks are too sensitive and break out from the peel. i have sensitive oily skin with fairly even skin tone, but large gunky pores. this peel has helped tremendously with that. my pores do look smaller since they're cleaner and definitely less gunky, esp around the nose area... just helps my face look clearer and more glowy. I do notice a difference when I don't use it, which is enough for me to continue to repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just did this peel a few hours ago and it took away this white tiny pimple thing I had forever! It was under my eye just low enough where it was save to apply the peel Yay! I did it for about 31/2 minutes and it's gone. Retin A couldn't get rid of it the 40% glycolic didn't either though I love that for different reasons but even this worked on one cycstic pimple that just kept coming back no matter how faithful I was with my RA and aha 10% cream. Omgosh I did this applied the Gly Luronic serum and a good moisturizer Landcome Energie de Vie at the moment.
I have suffered from acne since I was 13 I'm 33 now and am so happy to have my skin under control this stuff is like the clean up crew. Getting rid of all the scars and uneven skin tone. I'm amazed at just one peel how well it has worked! my pores are clear and my skin feels great if there is peeling I will slather on my moisturizer. Till then I will use this and I recommend it. For the 1st time to have results like this is unbelievable! i never thought I could get anything like this except from the Derm which I can't afford. This is worth every penny and it works! try it you will be happy and I will update if anything changes but this is Grade A stuff!

Update: 10/27/13
Here's little trick I tried once your getting used to the peel. Put a drop or 2 in your favorite moisturizer the more moisturizing the better for bedtime. Then in the A.M. omgosh your skin will look amazing! Make sure your skin is AHA tolerant so you don't burn yourself. Now they also make the 10% serum which I just ordered but if you want to save some $$ try it. Your skin will thank you I have been getting compliments on my skin and I never used to. Tells ya this stuff is just amazing in how it really works!

Another side note: Research is coming out that mandelic acid can clear acne alone without other products.I think this is true as that is what I have been using and having no breakouts at all. I was so nervous stoping the Retin A and I still will get it and use it before peels. This acid though I think will be something to look out for in the future in terms of acne.Yay! Definitely Recommended!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Started using this more faithfully and going to try and stick to a regular routine of using it every 4 days (at night) for 6 minutes. This defiintely leaves my skin "glowy" the next day, followed by a few days of rougher, dull texture and some mild peeling, then by day 4 it starts to look back to normal again. I'm hoping with more continuous regular use I'll see more improvements in the texture and quality of my skin (and hopefully less closed comodones/bumps). I had to stop using BHA products (previously used Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid due to my recent pregnancy (3 months along), but got the okay to use mild glycolic and AHA products from the doc. Was told since BP was still an unknown to stop using as well. Also stopped using BP because it honestly didn't seem to help my skin overall. I think it does a good job at PREVENTING new acne, however, since I tend to pick my face and blemishes more than I should I've always noticed how harsh BP is on the condition of you skin, on your skin's youthful appearance (dulls like no otha), and I was always flaky and dry in some places and overly oily in others. I'm really hopeful a steady regime of the mandeli acid peel every 4 days, followed by jojoba oil for gentle moisturizing, and being careful to keep my make up brushes spotlessly clean, will help my skin in the long run. I'll check back in a few weeks to advise.
Day after second peel (08/06/13): definite improvement in texture of skin. less small closed comodones. I have one huge cystic zit on the side of my nose, still healing. Pregnancy is definitely increasing hormonal acne - big ol' zits. Other than peel, only using JOjoba Oil and Purpose FW.

Follow - up (10/02/13): I stopped using this product. My OBGYN gave me the greenlight to use a Garden Of Wisdown 2% Salicylic Acid toner. I use this every day after I wash my face and very very sparilgnly use a gel Benzoyl Peroxide over-the-counter product. At night I wash my face and use just Hemp Seed Oil (seems to clog my pores less than Jojoba oil does). We'll see...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by maryam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is an excellent peel. it made a tremendous difference in my skin with consistent use. i noticed a difference after the 4th or 5th time using it. skin was even, glowy and pores were clean. it DID make me flake/peel, but i moisturized like a fiend and rode through it. definitely worth it for me. i do not like the packaging i wish it was in a dropper type bottle but i guess that is how they keep the cost down.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jlseck

i really like this peel and will buy again when i run out. it makes my skin smooth and glow and i think its helping the unevenness. I use it about once a week. it stings only a very little bit, but that's how i know it's working. my face is a little pink after i rinse off. i think my pores look much smaller. a friend just told me i'm looking younger. :) its not too harsh. and it takes under 5 minutes. i recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by dawnlois

Can I get a big HELL YEAH?!? As an older woman, I have been making a really conscious effort for several years to be kinder and gentler to my face - harsh cleansers and scrubs are out. I have done a couple of microlaser peels and IPL treatments, but I had no idea what to do at home to keep the results up - till I found MUAC. This peel is unbelievable - I am really impressed, and I mean overall, not just with some things about it. The price is right(!!), customer service is wonderful, and I frankly couldn't care less about the packaging. It's serviceable and doesn't leak - and I REALLY appreciate that I'm paying for a product that works, and not frou frou packaging and advertising. I have been prone to hormonal acne since I hit about 38 - so frustrating, I can't tell you. After a youth of clear skin that I was completely careless with, suddenly my skin started to dry up, wrinkle a bit, and break out!! In fact - I have almost always had at least one pimple every month for the last 11 or twelve years. And 3 or 4 times a year,I am gifted with a subterranean monster cyst that might hang around for a month or so, because they never come to a head. Now I don't want to sound like I have ever had severe acne, or that I know what that feels like. But constant small blemishes still bugged me alot - especially since I consider myself too damn old to have them! Not only that - but my skin has gotten progressively drier over the last several years - dry skin AND zits - whoo hoo!! So then I found MUAC - I was googling "at home chemical peels", and just decided to click on the website - and I was definitely skeptical. I figured I didn't have much to lose, and they included a newcomer coupon - and the sample sizes convinced me. I received my order within 3 days and used the peel that same night - and was blown away by the results!! I already use Retin A and amino acid products, but man oh man, did this stuff ramp up the results. I have used it about every 10 days or so for the last 3 months, and I can attest that results are cumulative - my skin looks better after every use. I have very little peeling now but the first month or so I had quite a bit - I cleansed with a castor oil/sunflower oil combo that I swear by, removing it with a warm, coarse wash cloth, and kept up a religious moisturizing schedule, and peeling is pretty much gone now, except for a day or two after each peel. I'm very happy with this product, and have since ordered several other products from MUAC - which just happens to now be mostly my only source for skin care. I also highly recommend the gly-luronic serum for maintenance between peels - but that's another review, right? For about 5 bucks or so ( I forget the exact amount) this is worth your while - I bet if you try it you'll like it.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nicizzy

I've become a MUAC ADDICT! I've tested out quite a few of the products including glycolic and TCA peels, but my absolute favorite is the Mandelic peel. I'm 45 and have fairly good quality skin, but prone to small blackheads on my cheeks, and white heads in the corners of my nose and lips. I've tried all sorts of acne products and scrubs and none has worked until the Mandelic Peel.

I use it every four days and get the following amazing benefits:
- soft smooth skin
- clearer more even tone (Mandelic acid is used in many of the spot treatments available on the market)
- blackheads and whiteheads GONE

Mandelic acid works as an antibacterial, and I find that if I'm consistent in using it every four days (left on for 6 minutes) all my little issues disappear. When I've been off the mandelic for TCA peels, the zits and whiteheads start to reappear, so I'm going to stick with this permanently.

A note, MUAC also offers a Mandelic toner which I've added to my regime. Excellent light daily exfoliant, combined with the peel, and I have the skin I've always wanted.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No