October 31, 2014 | 929 users online

Masks - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 25% Mandelic Acid Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

I like this product and will repurchase. I have very fair skin, but it's NOT sensitive at all. I can use this several times a week with no issue and have used it as a spot treatment overnight. Packaging isn't sexy so if you're into that, you should probably skip MUAC products all together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MsMoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This peel is amazing! I find that it provides a great light peel, minimizes your pores, and gives you an over-all fresh & glow-y appearance!
It is a very superficial peel, if you are looking for something that will give you a deeper exfoliation and more intense results, I would not recommend this.
I use this in between my Mandelic/salacylic peel and fade peel so I can still do a peel, but not something too intense, so I don't dry out my skin (especially in the winter)
I believe that if I got my skin to the clarity level I want it to be at, I would use this peel more, and use a deeper peel about once a month, as this is quite effective!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mmsxo1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first exfoliating product I can use without irritating my skin. Manual exfoliants always made me feel like I was rubbing my face off, but this is so gentle and effective. I apply it over my whole face using a cotton round or a qtip, wait 3 minutes, then rinse my face and wash it with my regular cleanser. I make sure to moisturize after since my skin is pretty dry. I don't experience any redness during or afterwards if I wash it off before 4 minutes though once I left it on for 5 and I was a little pink. I get mild peeling for about 2 days afterwards, but my skin glows so beautifully after. Started with the sample size from MUAC but just finished it and ordered the larger size.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by xazzie

Just finished my first 1 ounce bottle of MUAC's 25% Mandelic Acid Peel and have purchased 2 more bottles as a replacement.

Overall, I am really impressed by the effectiveness of mandelic acid. I get quite a bit of hormonal acne and have been fighting it all my life. It's not gone (nothing's been a miracle so far), but I'm definitely clearer than usual when I use this peel with frequency. I wash my face in the evening and then apply the peel (it's a clear, watery consistency) with a Q-tip all over my face. The first few weeks, I washed off the peel after 5 or 10 minutes. But now I just leave the peel on overnight while I sleep. I haven't experienced any irritation or issues with that extended time.

The first thing I notice immediately when waking up the next morning is that my usually peppery-looking T-zone is much cleaner. The mandelic acid dissolves much of the grime in the open pores and leaves behind visibly cleaner, more petite pores. This is amazing for me as I haven't experimented with too many products that so completely addressed the black speckles all over my nose and inner cheeks. So finally experiencing that cleanliness is really nice. My pores seem much clearer. I do have to repeat the peel every 2 or 3 days to maintain though.

The second thing I notice is that mandelic acid's antibacterial properties do in fact keep some of my blemishes at bay. Since using this a few times per week, I've noticed that my breakouts overall have decreased. I'm still waking up to some inflamed pimples, however, due to continued hormonal acne and what I think might be an issue with my NARS blush. I'm presently auditing all of my cosmetics' ingredients to eliminate anything else that's causing me irritation. Once I've done that, I think I'll really be able to appreciate the mandelic acid's antibacterial nature more fully.

And the third thing I've noticed is that my skin is overall a bit more glowing and smooth. I don't think mandelic acid penetrates too deeply, but I have noticed a gentle smoothing effect on some of my pitted acne scars, eye crepes, etc. For someone who was on benzoyl peroxide for years and is used to having dull, overdried skin, the idea of glowing at all is pretty unreal. I'll take what I can get.

Right now I'm using this every other night with Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads and the occasional MUAC Retinol 0.30% on other nights. Each product has its purpose, and I really like how the MUAC Mandelic Acid Peel adresses my pores and how this likely fights future breakouts.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mandelic acid is the holiest of holy grails at pore de-gunking! I've been using different MUAC peels during the past few years (55 lactic seemed to be my fave; radiance peel is OK, but makes me flake more than the lactic; finally my skin didn't agree with the glycolic peel). After trying 3 samples of the mandelic acid peel, I decided I liked it very much, and I've actually purchased the biggest size available as of lately.

It had been a long time since I last used the mandelic peel (I had to wait until finishing up my lactic and radiance peels --> intl shipping+duties didn't justify otherwise) and after using it I've remembered why I loved it so much. This stuff clears out your pores like no other MUAC peel does (at least in my experience), and it does so instantly. It also leaves your face glowing without any sign of irritation.

I'm so happy I purchased the 2 oz bottle. Even more so since MUAC can't ship now to where I live (Spain) sigh sigh sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using the Mandelic Peel for about a month, but already I notice such an improvement in my skin, I have to write a review about it. My skin is (was?) sensitive, acne-prone on the oily side. I pretty much always have a new breakout somewhere on my face.I have a lot of acne scars on both my cheeks and a little on my chin from past bouts with acne. But the worst was being able to FEEL how congested my skin was. I could feel tiny bumps under my skin indicating extremely clogged pores and acne that would eventually make its way to the top layer of my skin.
Then I ordered this peel.I followed the exact directions on how to use the peel when I got it, and now my skin has done a complete 180! every morning i wake up and look in the mirror and I'm shocked at how much better my skin looks. The breakouts I get now are small and infrequent and they dry up and heal themselves after a couple of days. My skin is smoother and brighter than ever. I no longer feels those congested bumps under my skin! AMAZING. And I would say my acne scars have lightened by about 40%..in one month!
I have already reordered the full bottle size so that I will never be without this peel. I can't wait to see what the results will be in another month!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by standupnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second bottle of this peel bc it's that awesome. Ok so it's not going to rid you completely of your acne scars but it will clean out your pores of blackheads and flatten cysts and heal pustules way quick. Your face will glow and appear brighter for a week but the real magic is the healing and cleansing of acneic skin. Wish I'd have found mandelic acid before using benzoperoxide and sacilic acid for so long. I still stand by retin a though. more over, Yay for ahas!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask has really made a difference in my skin in terms of evening the tone out and keeping it nice, clear, and smooth. The price is right too. I have reordered this several times. I no longer have the need for the Ren glycol lactic mask because I find this to be more effective and it has a better price point. But if your skin is more sensitive, you may prefer something like the Ren. The mandelic peel doesn't have the best smell, but it is only on your face for 3 to 5 minutes, so you may not find that to be a big deal. Highly recommend!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin with light hereditary freckling on my cheeks (I'm Japanese) and about 4 months ago my face started breaking out badly in cysts and regular acne. I had tons of clogged pores also, most likely from the glycolic acid lotion and salicylic acid pads I was using. During the peak of the break out, I had about 30 painful, large inflamed bumps all over my face. It was terrible and I got depressed because of it. My skin had always been one of my assets and all of a sudden, I had moderate acne as an adult. I quit using all the products I'd been using before, and went to a dermatologist who put me on Bactrim (sulfa antibiotic) and Epiduo.
Then, midway into my one month cycle of Bactrim I added this gem of a product to my regimen and my skin has been getting better and better every week, exponentially. Undoubtedly, the Bactrim and Epiduo have made a difference in my skin (I have only one active pimple on my forehead now) but this peel has amped up the results of the topical medications. I feel that the peel helps keeps the flakes from the Epiduo (it's a retinoid with benzoyl peroxide) under control and does a stellar job of unclogging pores. All of the clogs that sat under my skin before as those infuriating bumps that never come out when you try to extract them have surfaced to the point where they are very easily extractable. I've used this peel once a week, leaving it on for 3 minutes, for three weeks and all of a sudden, handfuls of people I see every day have been telling me that I'm glowing, poreless and that I'm so pretty. Trust me, when I was depressed and broken out NO ONE told me that. Of course, I still have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (red marks) from my acne but they are fading quickly. This peel hasn't done much for my freckles, but I imagine I'd need a deeper peel to touch those. At this moment, I'm just thrilled that my skin is smooth, soft, glowing and clearing up so much more quickly.
This peel is special because of its' antibiotic properties and it's gentle enough to use on active acne: I had a cyst and few pimples when I first did the peel and all of them had shrunk 50% by the following day. I avoid pimples that have popped (open wounds) by using a q-tip for application because it burns and causes the wound to become irritated and more red. After all, it is an acid. Also, I don't use the Epiduo for 24 hours before and after the peel. I have not experienced peeling or irritation to my skin as a result. What a great product this is! I feel so much more confident after using it because my skin is smooth like glass to the touch and my foundation and sunscreen (not to mention acne medications) apply and wear much better throughout the day. I got the sample size from makeupartistschoice.com for a few dollars and I've got more than half the bottle left. I will never be without this in the future if I can help it!! I will update after my full 6 week course but I had to come here and share my story because I'm so happy with the results halfway through. For all those who are suffering from adult onset acne, I empathize and recommend that you try adding this little good-skin-catalyst-in-a-bottle.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by enolan119

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this peel. It gives me that "glow" that other reviewers have been describing.

The price is great, the packaging is fine (I don't care about fancy bottles, just make it practical) and the directions are clear. MUAC has quick shipping although now they charge for it.

I've been using it for over a year on an "every week" basis, sometimes twice a week. I have rather hearty skin and I kept leaving the peel on longer and longer until I left it on overnight. There were no ill effects except for some mild tingling, so that's what I do once or twice a week. I realize this may not be a good idea for everyone (especially those youngsters!) but it is what works for me.

I wash my face first, make sure it is completely dry and then use my fingers to spread the acid over my skin. I let it soak in for about 5 minutes, then I cover with a heavy moisturizer. In the morning, I wake up with clear, glowy skin that feels supple and moist. ALWAYS USE A SUNSCREEN!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No