Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Propylene Carbonate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleanolic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/27/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG foundation, works perfect for my skin type(normal) and coverage is good for a natural light coverage. If you're prone to redness or dark circles a concealer is needed. Leaves my skin smooth, no dry spots, no oily spots, just even toned. Packaging stinks, no pump and glass bottle will break, I've dropped one already and at $36 it made for a bad day. Bottle makes it difficult for travel bag because of it's odd shape.

on 2/13/2013 8:17:00 AM

This foundation looks good for first 3 hours when I set it with powder. After that face gets shiny. Everything that you have put on top - blush, bronzer, highlighter etc - will look bad after some time, because foundation starts to separate on skin and gather to any fine lines, pores and flakes. So you have to keep an eye on it.
I have used the foundation over 6 months now and lightest shade was almost perfect match. Now it has oxidized - it looks darker and more orangey. I think it's because of the packaging which is bad. Bottle is made of heavy glass which is not good when you'd like to bring it somewhere with you. It looks pretty on your makeup table but that's it. It doesn't have a pump so it's annoying to get the product out. Also every time you open it, air gets in so your foundation expires quicker. Plus you can't see how much you have left and you can't use it all up.
On the good side this foundation looks very natural when you have found the right shade. It doesn't feel heavy and it covers any imperfections very well. It doesn't set quickly at all so you have time to blend. Finish is more on dewy side and you have to powder it, otherwise your face is a bit tacky to touch. It looks the best when applied with buffing brush. Texture is a bit slippery, when you're using your fingers you'll just end up sliding the product around your face.
I'd say if you can deal with touching up during the day and you like glass bottles it is a good medium coverage foundation for normal/combination skin. It's definitely not suitable for really oily skin types because it will just melt. Keep in mind that lightest shade (Vanilla Creme) will oxidize (maybe you can still use the "new" color during summertime).

PROS:
* natural finish
* feels comfortable
* coverage
* for combination skin
* oil free

CONS:
* glass bottle
* oxidizes after some time

on 1/6/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is awful I guess thats why too faced isnt really know for their foundations. This made me really streaky and theirs no applying this with a foundation brush. Also this product gave me no coveravge. Save your money if you have oily skin.

on 12/30/2012 6:04:00 PM

Another mediocre foundation. Too light to cover anything enough, like acne scars. Caked up. Got oily. Moved out of place. And overpriced. Too bad though, the shade is a nice yollowy glowy one.

on 12/3/2012 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

So my HG foundation is Diorskin Nude Skin - Glowing Makeup... and I was looking for something similar to this (without having to pay the $48) anyway, looking for something similar as far as coverage (medium to full) and hydration. I was pointed to this. I still didn't want to pay the $36 (I believe it was) for the bottle, so I had to sales associate put some on me in-store and I took a sample home. I've only been using it for a few days now, but from the first application, I fell in love!! I have dry skin and this definitely left me with that "dewey" look that I absolutely love. So if you have oily skin, this may not be for you. The dry patches that I get on my face in the winter time were covered, as well as acne blemishes on my cheeks. I would probably still use a little concealer. But that's just me. So the pros of this foundation..

PROS
hydrating
hasn't broken me out (so far) I'll update in a few weeks.
gives a nice dewey/glowing finish
cute bottle
nice yellow undertone (im shade perfect nude)

CONS
price (normally isnt a problem for me, so not a HUGE deal) my foundation normally lasts me a long time, so I feel i get my money's worth
no pump (have to pour product out) which i dont like because i feel you waste product that way...

**UPDATE**
I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I still really like it. I was starting to think there was a problem with it because when I applied it it started feeling greasy, and after a while it wasnt covering the dry patches like it was. However, I changed my skin care regimen, primer, and makeup brush. And have definitely noticed a difference. And once again, really love how well it matches my skin tone!

**UPDATE**
I still really like this foundation, but boy does it break me out!!! Had to deduct a lippie for this reason. I definitely have to limit the use of this product. :(

on 11/13/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wore this for the first time today and am absolutely in love with this foundation. Previously, my HG liquid foundation was Revlon Colorstay and I will never go back. I first came upon this Too Faced foundation when I was searching for one that is oil-free and SPF-free, because the SPF in Colorstay would give me a ghostly gray look in photos. Now I don't have to worry about looking grey! It feels light weight and leaves my golden asian skin looking radiant, since the foundation line is yellow based and is chalk full of skincare qualities. It blends well, lasted over 8 hours, hasn't broken me out, is easier to remove than Colorstay, and gives a buildable medium to full coverage. Most of my acne and discoloration could not be seen. This is the most I have ever paid for a foundation and I feel it was worth every penny. The only flaw to this product is that there is no pump!

Does anybody know whether the Mac Foundation Pumps can be used with this bottle?

on 9/30/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have been on the perfekt foundation hunt the latest moths now.. and this is aaalmost perfeckt. It covers my redness so good and it looks totally natural. I had been trying the benefit hello flawless foundation, loreal magique, maybelline fit me, maybelline 24 h foundation, lily lo lo mineral foundation, Dior forever, Bobbi brown and many more.

This is perfekt!:) cover my redness without looking like I have nothing on my skin, its yellow based and I have the vanilla creme shade. it looked a bit too yellow for my skin at first, but when its sets it looks totally natural. I always thoght that i was an ivory, but this shade was greyish on my skin, and thats so unflattering.

The staying power for this is not the best, but i always have too use a primer under every foundation( unless the Dior Nude) i have tried. foundations dont stick too my skin that good. I have dry skin but they always slide off my skin easily, for some reason.
I use the Benefit that gal primer and this is so good. gives alot of glow and my foundation stays on all day. lovley:)

on 9/27/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a combination skin type and it is too oily. It covers good at first as I applied on my face however it does not stay long and at the end of the day, it doesn't cover my skin at all but leaves grease on my face which is totally disappointing. Doesn't worth the price so I wouldn't purchase this foundation again.

on 8/25/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I noticed that Too Faced isn't on Temptalia's Foundation Matrix so I thought I would add a comment on the shade.
I am N10 & wear L'Oreal True Match in N1 during the winter & Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Ivory during the summer. Vanilla Creme is the lightest shade and it is darker and much more yellow-toned than the Colorstay.

I did like the finish & the coverage. Sad that it's too dark for me

on 8/21/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for a week and I absolutely adore it! I think I have found the perfect foundation. I must say i have been using this with the primed and poreless pure primer, so I dont know if this works as well on its own.
My shade is warm honey (I'm NC40) and it matches me perfectly (cocoa something waas too dark for me) it is a yellow foundation. It is very liquidy, not heavy at all, very easy to blend . It gives a natural finish, and I think is medium coverage...so i just apply a bit more where I need and I'm ready to go, even if I dont apply concealer. I think this gives the more "real skin" look, you don't look as if ypou were wearing makeup.
My face is pretty oily and this keeps me with a fresh look, not comp,letely matte but not greasy, ad I almost don't have to blot my face, 2 times a day at the most.
Packaging is sooo cute! it looks very pretty, and although it doesnt have a pump, it is very easy to pour makeup in your fingers without wasting product.
This foundation has hands down the BEST staying power I've ever tried! (maybe because of the primer) i apply this at 6 30 am and at 22:00 I still have my makeup on. It doesnt transfer. Although it fades a little, it stays on veery decently! i dont need to touch up with powder.
Also it didn't broke me up (the only brand that makes me break out like crazy is Loreal).
I really recommend this foundation, and if you can afford the combo primed and poreless+ foundation you will loooooove this!
It is kind of priey, but based on the results I got I will rebuy this maaaaany times!!!