September 2, 2014 | 878 users online

Foundations - Too Faced - Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So my HG foundation is Diorskin Nude Skin - Glowing Makeup... and I was looking for something similar to this (without having to pay the $48) anyway, looking for something similar as far as coverage (medium to full) and hydration. I was pointed to this. I still didn't want to pay the $36 (I believe it was) for the bottle, so I had to sales associate put some on me in-store and I took a sample home. I've only been using it for a few days now, but from the first application, I fell in love!! I have dry skin and this definitely left me with that "dewey" look that I absolutely love. So if you have oily skin, this may not be for you. The dry patches that I get on my face in the winter time were covered, as well as acne blemishes on my cheeks. I would probably still use a little concealer. But that's just me. So the pros of this foundation..

PROS
hydrating
hasn't broken me out (so far) I'll update in a few weeks.
gives a nice dewey/glowing finish
cute bottle
nice yellow undertone (im shade perfect nude)

CONS
price (normally isnt a problem for me, so not a HUGE deal) my foundation normally lasts me a long time, so I feel i get my money's worth
no pump (have to pour product out) which i dont like because i feel you waste product that way...

**UPDATE**
I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I still really like it. I was starting to think there was a problem with it because when I applied it it started feeling greasy, and after a while it wasnt covering the dry patches like it was. However, I changed my skin care regimen, primer, and makeup brush. And have definitely noticed a difference. And once again, really love how well it matches my skin tone!

**UPDATE**
I still really like this foundation, but boy does it break me out!!! Had to deduct a lippie for this reason. I definitely have to limit the use of this product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this for the first time today and am absolutely in love with this foundation. Previously, my HG liquid foundation was Revlon Colorstay and I will never go back. I first came upon this Too Faced foundation when I was searching for one that is oil-free and SPF-free, because the SPF in Colorstay would give me a ghostly gray look in photos. Now I don't have to worry about looking grey! It feels light weight and leaves my golden asian skin looking radiant, since the foundation line is yellow based and is chalk full of skincare qualities. It blends well, lasted over 8 hours, hasn't broken me out, is easier to remove than Colorstay, and gives a buildable medium to full coverage. Most of my acne and discoloration could not be seen. This is the most I have ever paid for a foundation and I feel it was worth every penny. The only flaw to this product is that there is no pump!

Does anybody know whether the Mac Foundation Pumps can be used with this bottle?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been on the perfekt foundation hunt the latest moths now.. and this is aaalmost perfeckt. It covers my redness so good and it looks totally natural. I had been trying the benefit hello flawless foundation, loreal magique, maybelline fit me, maybelline 24 h foundation, lily lo lo mineral foundation, Dior forever, Bobbi brown and many more.

This is perfekt!:) cover my redness without looking like I have nothing on my skin, its yellow based and I have the vanilla creme shade. it looked a bit too yellow for my skin at first, but when its sets it looks totally natural. I always thoght that i was an ivory, but this shade was greyish on my skin, and thats so unflattering.

The staying power for this is not the best, but i always have too use a primer under every foundation( unless the Dior Nude) i have tried. foundations dont stick too my skin that good. I have dry skin but they always slide off my skin easily, for some reason.
I use the Benefit that gal primer and this is so good. gives alot of glow and my foundation stays on all day. lovley:)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by simhyungp

I have a combination skin type and it is too oily. It covers good at first as I applied on my face however it does not stay long and at the end of the day, it doesn't cover my skin at all but leaves grease on my face which is totally disappointing. Doesn't worth the price so I wouldn't purchase this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I noticed that Too Faced isn't on Temptalia's Foundation Matrix so I thought I would add a comment on the shade.
I am N10 & wear L'Oreal True Match in N1 during the winter & Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Ivory during the summer. Vanilla Creme is the lightest shade and it is darker and much more yellow-toned than the Colorstay.

I did like the finish & the coverage. Sad that it's too dark for me

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I have been using this for a week and I absolutely adore it! I think I have found the perfect foundation. I must say i have been using this with the primed and poreless pure primer, so I dont know if this works as well on its own.
My shade is warm honey (I'm NC40) and it matches me perfectly (cocoa something waas too dark for me) it is a yellow foundation. It is very liquidy, not heavy at all, very easy to blend . It gives a natural finish, and I think is medium coverage...so i just apply a bit more where I need and I'm ready to go, even if I dont apply concealer. I think this gives the more "real skin" look, you don't look as if ypou were wearing makeup.
My face is pretty oily and this keeps me with a fresh look, not comp,letely matte but not greasy, ad I almost don't have to blot my face, 2 times a day at the most.
Packaging is sooo cute! it looks very pretty, and although it doesnt have a pump, it is very easy to pour makeup in your fingers without wasting product.
This foundation has hands down the BEST staying power I've ever tried! (maybe because of the primer) i apply this at 6 30 am and at 22:00 I still have my makeup on. It doesnt transfer. Although it fades a little, it stays on veery decently! i dont need to touch up with powder.
Also it didn't broke me up (the only brand that makes me break out like crazy is Loreal).
I really recommend this foundation, and if you can afford the combo primed and poreless+ foundation you will loooooove this!
It is kind of priey, but based on the results I got I will rebuy this maaaaany times!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a replacement for Nars Sheer Glow and probably would have never considered trying except that Paula Begoun made this a Paula's Pick. I don't always agree with her make-up tips but I've liked a lot of her favorites.

I've away consided Too Faced to be a kind of "cute" brand for teenagers, which isn't really fair since I love Urban Decay, but it seems like they have been evaluating their image in the last few years to be more sophisticated. (I will definitely be trying Naked Skin when I'm done with this foundation, unless it has ingredients I don't agree with)

Anyway, this is a nice, light sheer coverage foundation, that blends easily (it work perfectly with a Beauty Blender) and dries to a very natural finish. The color I matched myself closest to is Warm Vanilla which is a very good match once its blended in. Does not seem to oxidize at all on me, in fact it looks a tiny bit orange when i first put it on but lightens up after it dries. For reference, I am Nirvana in Urban Decay Sureal Skin Cream to Powder, Petal in Benefit Hello Wow Liquid, Barely Light in Bare Escentials and Ceylan in Nars Sheer Glow.

The bottle is cute, though it doesn't have a pump but I deal.

Also a word of warning. On me, it does not work with the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Primer, When I use it with that it starts to break up after a couple of hours and look obvious. However it works with the Boots no7 Protect and Perfect Intense Serum beautifully.

Update 12/22/13: This is still a favorite of mine and my go to foundation when my skin is extra dry and peeling in the winter and on great for those days when I want light coverage in the summer. I'm getting worried because Sephora no longer carries it. Ulta still does but its at the very bottom of the shelf and they seem to be pushing the BB creams more. I really hope they don't discontinue this because its the perfect light to medium coverage foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

It looks like this is not for everyone, but it's great for me. It matches my skin perfectly & doesn't fade through the day. It contains vitamins A, E & C and after using it for almost a year, my skin has improved. The coverage is buildable & looks flawless. A bottle lasts me 6-7 months and I use it daily. My only complaints are that it doesn't contain sunscreen and I wish it was a pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by vanilla1202

this foundation is a great pick for someone who is looking for a light, natural coverage. if you are experiencing a bad breakout or have a lot of scarring/uneven skin tone i would either choose a more full coverage or invest in some awesome concealer to team up with this. i never look cakey, it is oil free and it hasn't caused any breakouts in the three months i have used it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation for the light natural finish it gives while providing (buildable) medium coverage. It blends easily and disappears into my skin leaving an even, polished finish. I don't mind that it has no spf in it because I always use a separate sunscreen. It does have a chemical smell when you first apply it but that fades after a while. The bottle looks cute but I would have prefered a pump version so I can control how much to dispense (and it's more hygienic).