September 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Hart93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipbalms, great for everyday use, always have it handy in my bag. I use the 'cherry me' shade as i love red lips but just feel a red lipstick is too bold for an everyday casual look, this just gives a more subtle rosy tint to the lips which i think is lovely.

My lips always feel nice and moisturised when i use this however i do find i need to reaaply it quite often so it does run out quite fast, but it's really good value for money so i really don't mind if it needs replacing often.

And a definite added bonus is how lovely it smells, maybe a little bit too sickly sweet, but i really like the cherry scent to it personally.

Overall, a good product and absolute bargain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Hit and miss based on colour. It is a stain like balm with the added bonus of spf.

Cherry Me is probably the best of the bunch. Beautiful reddish translucent colour that is buildable. This is the best alternative to a lipstick when you want to go casual, but still look put together.
Pink Punch has a different consistency, more opaque and almost chalky. I found it really drying and actually made my lips a bit gross and crusty.
Pink Shock has a similar consistency as Cherry me, although it is not quite as translucent as Cherry Me. It is a reddish fuschia that builds nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonsugar13

AMAZING! Nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Whittyurwelcome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging. Not moisturizing but I liked the way it looked under one of my glosses so I finished the tube. Strangely, my lips had a really terrible reaction to it that caused them to be really dry and rough. Like beyond chapped rough, even after exfoliating them. I didn't realize it was the Baby Lips until I switched and the problem went away, started using again and the roughness came back. I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by smase

this was one of the worst lip balm I have ever wasted my money on..colour pay off is bad..and the product itself isn't properly moisturizing

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by MMBisMe903

Ehh. I'm sort of on the fence about this. I was super hyped when this first came out, I bought like every single color, I tried them and I was let down. If I had to pick a favorite it'd be Peach Kiss, I found myself grabbing this one a lot more than the others, and I like the SPF. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by FionaKemp

I love Baby Lips. If you're in need of a chap stick/gloss either to look cute or just cover your lips I would definitely recommend this. Depending on the flavor you get they last for a while. My absolute favorite is Twinkle because it's a clear color that smells great and lasts for quite some time. Definitely would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by joannajlfx

Love it! Cute packaging, smells delicious, colour is great and super moisturising! Nothing to fault

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by thrillclauds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product so much. I wear it on a daily basis! So moisturizing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by siminims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you get a good tube of Baby Lips, it's GREAT.

But when you get a bad tube, MAN is it bad.

My main problem with Baby Lips is the inconsistency. Pink Punch gives me a great, bright pop of color, and Cherry Me gives me a beautifully hydrated, glossy, red-pink finish. Cherry Me reminds me of cellophane candy wrappers actually: bright but transparent. Pink Punch is more opaque.
However, Peach Kiss was chalky and drying, though the smell was lovely, and though I loved the purple-red finish of Grape Vine, I weirdly had a mild allergic reaction to it. The more I used it, the drier my lips got, it was bizarre.

So to sum it up, 2/4 shades I tried were wonderful, 1/4 was underwhelming and 1/4 caused an allergic reaction. That's why I took off two lippies, for the staggering inconsistency. But I still vouch for Baby Lips because the good shades are both pretty and moisturizing, as a lip balm should be. c:

Also the packaging is straight up adorable. Small, bright and cute. It's incredibly easy to pop off the top and apply it one-handed in the car without getting distracted, and it's impossible to lose in my bag.

A note about the Dr. Rescue BL: I have one in Soothing Sorbet, and it's alright. Makes me smell like a Halls throat lozenge but the color is pretty. It doesn't have the same slip as the original BL in my opinion--takes a bit of work to get on smoothly and it can ball up in places.