November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Beautyguru101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I love lots of volume in my eyelashes, and this definitely gets the job done, but you have to know how to use the product to it's fullest potential.
On it's own, this product is not that fantastic. It clumps and does not separate well. But I have found the best way to use it is to layer it with a lengthening/separating mascara. Loreal's telescopic has been my go-to match. I normally add a layer or two of that, and top it off with a few swipes of the sumptuous extreme. It makes a HUGE difference! Lots of volume, especially coming from the roots, and it won't clump as easily. If you like very big volume in lashes, play around with a sample of this product (Estée Lauder gives them in freebees all the time). I promise you'll love the dramatic affect!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Rosahelen

This product is horrible!!!!!

it makes my eyelashes spidery and makes them stick together. I have big eyes yet I find that the brush always smudges onto my eyelid. it is a complete waste of money and I will not be repurchasing it. As for the packaging it is the same as any other mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a GWP. I am not at all impressed by this mascara. I found that I had to be extra careful with it because it has a tendency to make lashes stick together. There are so many other, superior mascaras out there (especially drugstore mascaras). I'd never go purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have big, round eyes and the big, fat brush is perfect for me. My eyelashes are light and straight and this product gives them a fabulous lift. No need for an eyelash curler! Originally got the mascara on a GWP but have now purchased it. It is very expensive but far superior to the many brands I've tried before. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Makeupplover1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I freaking love this mascara. It's amazing!!! I haven't found any other as good as this one. It's definitely my favorite, so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Sofieli

this mascara is amazing, absolutely one of the best I've ever tried. However it is crazy expensive (365 swedish kronor which is about 40 (!) Euro) It made my lashes seperated and long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this really volumized and wasn't spidery on me made my lashes look thick and full without being clumpy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

According to its very thick brush, I thought it would be an amazing mascara but I was wrong. The brush could be good but it had a thick and dense formula which binds my eye lashes together and create a spider looking. I think if you have a weak and less lashes it can be a good candidate for you. Thick formula will help you to volumizing your lashes but if your lashes are big and bushy, it will create a spider look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I received this in a gift with purchase but it costs a crazy $52 here in Australia. So I'm just gonna say outright that at this price, I would never actually buy this. Samples are the way to go : ).

Anyway, I was curious to see how this compared to the Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara cos I love that one. After running out of the bold lifting one, I tried the Sumptuous Extreme and have concluded that it's wonderful too!

I have very stubborn lashes which are short and point downwards. Even if I curl my lashes, it really depends on the mascara I use as to whether or not they will actually hold a curl. In fact, my lashes are so stubborn that I have to curl them one at a time otherwise the second one will start to droop as I'm applying mascara to the first!

I don't have any problem with this mascara. To my happiness, my lashes remain curled whenever I wear this. It adds more volume and length than the bold lifting one. It's not too dramatic for daytime and can be built up for night. I tend to go over my lashes more than once and don't find that they went clumpy, they just looked even more intensely black. The mascara also doesn't smudge which is saying a lot cos I have oily eyelids which with most eye products, needs an eye primer (I love Nars').

So yes, I would definitely recommend giving this mascara a go, especially if you're like me and have trouble finding mascaras that hold a curl and won't smudge. But as I said at the start, probably best not to pay full price for this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I am rating this based on the full size version. I got it as a GWP and it is one of the few mascaras I've tried that I would re-purchase. Intensely black, wet-looking and doesn't clump; separates and lengthens lashes nicely for a more dramatic look. It's not my daytime, natural mascara look. I really like this mascara.