April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Makeupplover1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I freaking love this mascara. It's amazing!!! I haven't found any other as good as this one. It's definitely my favorite, so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Sofieli

this mascara is amazing, absolutely one of the best I've ever tried. However it is crazy expensive (365 swedish kronor which is about 40 (!) Euro) It made my lashes seperated and long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this really volumized and wasn't spidery on me made my lashes look thick and full without being clumpy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

According to its very thick brush, I thought it would be an amazing mascara but I was wrong. The brush could be good but it had a thick and dense formula which binds my eye lashes together and create a spider looking. I think if you have a weak and less lashes it can be a good candidate for you. Thick formula will help you to volumizing your lashes but if your lashes are big and bushy, it will create a spider look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I received this in a gift with purchase but it costs a crazy $52 here in Australia. So I'm just gonna say outright that at this price, I would never actually buy this. Samples are the way to go : ).

Anyway, I was curious to see how this compared to the Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara cos I love that one. After running out of the bold lifting one, I tried the Sumptuous Extreme and have concluded that it's wonderful too!

I have very stubborn lashes which are short and point downwards. Even if I curl my lashes, it really depends on the mascara I use as to whether or not they will actually hold a curl. In fact, my lashes are so stubborn that I have to curl them one at a time otherwise the second one will start to droop as I'm applying mascara to the first!

I don't have any problem with this mascara. To my happiness, my lashes remain curled whenever I wear this. It adds more volume and length than the bold lifting one. It's not too dramatic for daytime and can be built up for night. I tend to go over my lashes more than once and don't find that they went clumpy, they just looked even more intensely black. The mascara also doesn't smudge which is saying a lot cos I have oily eyelids which with most eye products, needs an eye primer (I love Nars').

So yes, I would definitely recommend giving this mascara a go, especially if you're like me and have trouble finding mascaras that hold a curl and won't smudge. But as I said at the start, probably best not to pay full price for this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I am rating this based on the full size version. I got it as a GWP and it is one of the few mascaras I've tried that I would re-purchase. Intensely black, wet-looking and doesn't clump; separates and lengthens lashes nicely for a more dramatic look. It's not my daytime, natural mascara look. I really like this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by scabbedwings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this mascara, not clumpy, alot of volume, length, and very black!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Erica7dawn

This product gave my medium sized blonde lashes and round eyes a dramatic sexy look. Best mascara for bold volume and nice length with no clumps. It's great to apply many times and add on layers to increase the bold volume but also delivers great looking lashes with just a couple sweeps. I would not recommend this product for those seeking more of an individual defined lash look (like the original sumptuous mascara gives) or if your lashes are extremely thin since the wand is thick. Love the results it gave my lashes and it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Jessxxa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Probably one of the best mascaras I've used. I have long, curly, thick and black lashes, so I guess I'm pretty blessed. Don't really know how this would work on sparse, short and straight lashes.

I'm currently using the mascara in Cobalt, and I absolutely love it. It may seem very bright when you apply it, but it does dry in to be a little less dramatic. And whenever I want my eye makeup to be a little less bright or go for a smokey eye, I just apply one light coat of black mascara and it turns into a dark navy colour.

It makes my lashes even longer and thicker, and it honestly doesn't clump at all - not even after several layers.

Only downside is the brush is huge and can be sort of hard to handle, but you really get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite mascaras ever! I have naturally long, thick lashes and always go for very dramatic eye looks. Natural isn't my thing ;) This mascara doesn't clump, even when I layer on 4-5 coats. I have never had any flakes or raccoon eyes using it. It also comes off easily with makeup remover and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Overall it's one of the best mascaras I've ever used.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No