April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye booster eyeliner + serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- very pigmented
- dries very quickly
- doesn't transfer even without primer
-- for reference, I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes
- the applicator/tip is like a brush
-- it doesn't become wonky like some of the felt-tip liners
-- you also get a lot of control with the thickness of the lines
-- in fact, this is extremely easy to use
--- I can line both of my eyes perfectly in 5 minutes

Cons:
- not waterproof
- the eyeliner fades in the inner corners of my eye (even with primer)
-- in fact, if you slightly touch the eyeliner, some of it will come off
- if you put this on top of eyeshadow, the brush/tip will dry up a bit thus making it difficult to apply

Overall, this is a very good eyeliner. Although this isn't exactly my HG liner, this is an eyeliner that I would use on an everyday basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kplprovoke

I was really hesitant to buy this eyeliner at first because I swatched the color "Black" in the drugstore and found it to be too grey for my liking. However I found out there was a darker color called "Ultra Black" and I love it. Finding a good drugstore pen tip eyeliner is hard enough. This one has smooth application, great color, and lasts all day for me. It reminds me of Kat Von D's tattoo liner or Dollywink liquid pen liner, but for the price and ease of accessibility, I would probably buy this liner again. Def wait around for a drugstore sale to pick this up, as it is fairly expensive for a drugstore item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the colour 'Blackest Black'

I love black liquid eyeliner, and I think it's safe to say that I've worn it pretty much everyday for the past 4 years. It's kind of been my goal to find the ultimate liquid eyeliner, which is hard since there are quite a few factors that come into play when searching for a good one - I've tried ones that are SUPER black in colour (which I love), but the applicator sucks. Or visa versa, the applicators great but the colour leans towards greyish, as opposed to a true black. I have a few high end brands that I love for black liquid eyeliner, but they set me back $35-$40 a pop, which is crazy.... This Physicians Formula is amazing, it's SO close to the high end brands I've tried, it's reasonably priced ($15-$18 CAD) it's such a crazy good dupe for most of them. LOVE! I've broken down my review below!

Note, in regards to the lash boosting benefit:
So, I haven't be using this for long enough (a month) to really see benefits, but I do believe that my lashes are growing a bit, which is better than not at all. You have to be careful not to get this too close to your inner eye, because I find it can sting a bit.

Colour:
Good true black, not the darkest I've ever used, but really close! I like my eyeliner pretty black, as I find some are kind of 'dull', and this really delivers on that front. You don't often find such good pigmentation in a drugstore brand.

Application:
Awesome! Love. It's so easy to be precise with this, and I find that because it isn't a felt tip (more of a brush style), that it's so much easier to use, like a paint brush. Physicians Formula really nailed it. I've been applying liquid liner for a few years, but I think this would be perfect for anyone starting out with liquid liner, as it can take some time to practice.

Longevity/Formula:
Amazing, lasts all work day (from 7am-10pm). No smudges, no flaking, the colour holds itself really well (obviously some minor fading). On par or better lasting power than a lot of high end brands!

Basically, this is a really great liquid liner. I believe it comes in brown, black, and blackest black. I can't believe that this is only around $16, when I've been paying at least $35 for liquid liners for years now - and this is better than most of those expensive brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

I'm on my third tube of this stuff and it's great! It's precise and easy to use! Consistency is great and I love the brush compared to felt tip brushes that other brands and pushing out. The colour is super black and never smudges! I can make a thin line or a dramatic cat eye with this brush. I've even gotten my friends to switch to this liner and they all love it almost as much as I do! The only negative is that it's a little pricey and hard to find where I live. Sometimes they only have dark brown in stock and it's a little pricey for me being a teenager xD but I love it. It's easy to remove with water. It says it helps with the growth of lashes... I don't know about that since I already have long lashes but I have noticed my lashes are fuller and I don't lose as many as I did before! I'll continue to repurchase this! Honestly I'm scared they'll take it off the shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SarahAutumn

Holy. Grail. Product. Granted, I don't have much experience with other liquid liners, but that's probably because this was the first one I ever tried and I loved it so much, I never felt the need to change. It goes on well and has great staying power. If I put it on in the morning, wear it all day, and then plan to go out in the evening, I do touch it up, but I don't really have to if I don't want to. After many hours it will fade a little but not enough to be a problem. The color is vivid and the lines are sharp. I only ever have problems with it when it starts to get old and dry out. When that happens I usually put the cap back on and shake it and give it a minute to get wet again between eyes. How long one will last before drying up seems to vary by the batch. Some of them have only lasted a few months, and some of them have lasted six or longer (and that is with everyday use.) I will say that my criticisms of the product are over nitpicky and somewhat insignificant things but that's because I have had no real problems with it at all. I do have a few problems with the packaging, because sometimes when I apply it over eye shadow, the shadow will stick to the applicator and prevent the liquid from coming out. When this happens, I usually wipe it off on a piece of tissue and it fixes the problem. Again, just a little nitpicky problem. Overall, this stuff is amazing. If you're looking for something to make your lashes grow, I have been using it for close to two years and I haven't noticed a difference. But then again, my lashes were fine in the first place and I wasn't really looking for a product to grow them so I haven't paid attention to whether this product does. Regardless of whether it grows lashes, it's just an awesome liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

the reviews really are true on this product. it's amazing, lovely to use, precise, gives a gorgeous shiny black finish and stays on like a tattoo-- never a flake, peeling, or smudge in sight. once this liner is on, it's not going anywhere! i've been loyal to a certain liquid felt-tipped eyeliner for quite a while now (Palladio Eye Ink- it's AMAZING), but curiousity gets the best of us all and i decided to pick this up to see how i liked it. the first thing that i ADORE about it is the fact that while it has bristles (instead of a felt-tip like i usually go for), they come to a perfect point that's so exact you could draw the most thin, miniscule line ever if that's what you wanted. i wear the same bold, black winged-out liner on top everyday so i do make my line thicker towards the middle of my lashline but near your tearducts?! this line starts out there so razor sharp and thin that it looks like a pro did your makeup for you! i do find it slightly more difficult to get matching wings on each eye with the bristles (as opposed to a felt-tip) but that's my own technical error and has no impact on the product. i really like how once you've done your liner and it sets, it stays glossy looking and gives my regular daily eye-makeup a different but subtle look. i'm just crazy about the bristles on this liner though-- they are amazing! they're stiff but pliant enough, they lay down a nice line of color, and come to a point so your eyeliner doesn't end bluntly. now here are the unfortunate cons to this product: to get a really dark, opaque line, you have to go over it a few times. it's not as if the product lays down a gray or weak color the first time you run it over your lashline, but it draws on a line that's not completely solid. not the biggest deal, but slightly annoying when you're rushing. what i usually do is get both eyes lined and then give them a few minutes to dry before i go back over them with the liner again, and then you have a solid, glossy, pitch-black line. when i had read reviews on this product before buying it, a lot of people mentioned that they wished it could be a little bit darker, and this worried me as i like a carbon black color when it comes to liners and mascaras. so, fingers crossed that it wouldn't be greyish on my pale skin, i went to Rite Aid to pick this up i saw the color "Ultra Black" (not sure if they added it or it's always been an option), and needless to say Ultra Black is the one i bought. to me, a person obsessed with the blackest of the black when it comes to eyemakeup, it's definitely black enough after two swipes across my lashline. now here comes the strangest con, and it's something i haven't seen when reading other people's reviews of this product: each night when i used my regular (been using it for years) MAC Cleanse Off Oil, i notice that i'm losing atleast 2 lashes when i rinse my face off! i don't understand this and chalked it up to a fluke the first time but then it happened again, and again, and again! this liner is supposed to have ingredients to help your lashes (which i never bought into, i just wanted it for it's performance) but i sure as hell don't want something that's going to make all my lashes fall out! and the worst part is that i'm a regular user of Latisse, so what the heck does this mean? how can a product that's supposed to help your lashes grow (PF liner) make them fall out when you've already been using Latisse for years?!?! if anyone has any ideas as to why i'm losing lashes, please let me know. i know in my gut i should stop using the liner due to the lash loss but i love it and i don't want to stop using it! any suggestions? regardless of my lash loss experience, this is a fantastic product, definitely worth the hefty (for a drugstore) pricetag, and i would absolutely buy it again.
**UPDATE** the lash loss was just a fluke, it hasn't happened again and i've been using this liner every single day-- i am obsessed with it! it has completely won me over, it's the best liner i've ever used- EVER! the day i die they'll find me clutching this in my gnarled fingers, that's how much i adore this liner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

KATE makes my favorite eyeliner -- brush tip, precise, black, inexpensive, and long-lasting. The only thing is that I have to order it online in order to avoid the local 50% markup.

I'd heard Physicians Formula made a fantastic liner so I waited for a 40% CVS sale to pick this up.

I bought this liner in Ultra Black, which has a shiny finish. The brush tip was nice and felt pretty sturdy. It is not as precise or thin as the one on the KATE liner, but it is pretty good anyway. The black color is very black, also comparable, but it does take a couple of strokes for this to get to full opacity.

My issue with this liner is that it flakes like cray. I've tried applying this liner with and without primer underneath, by waiting for it to completely dry before blinking, and even just applying a thin layer, but I still have this problem. And the thing is the flaking/cracking happens so quickly after application. I understand those of us experiencing flaking are in the minority but it is still an issue.

I'm hoping to return my liner and get a replacement just in case my liner is old or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

Smooth appl

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

I freaking love this eyeliner!!! I have gone through at least 3 of it already with almost daily usage. And it's pretty cheap too, great looking silver pen, quality synthetic brush that does not fan out.

I favour the Ultra Black most of the time, or the Deep Brown when i prefer a more natural look. Honestly the serum does nothing for me as my lashes has not grown back, BUT! as an eyeliner, it works great. I have to go over it 2 times to make it opaque, but it does rarely flakes with repeat application and it does not smear once it is dry.

Lastly, it did not irritate my eyeball when it gets into my eyes. Seriously, I LOVE THIS THING. I will buy it again and again and again.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just adding another one to the pile. I'm on my second tube of the deep brown. I don't normally mind the package much but this is really high end looking, the cap closes very strongly, very high quality packaging.
This eyeliner has been my go to and I've always taken it with me in my make up bag because It's quick and easy to apply, and I was a lot less likely to make a mess with it compared to other liners.
The formula is runny and the color comes out evenly, it dries quickly leaving a very thin, comfortable layer that is easy to go over. It wears very comfortably, it never irritated my eyes and it's weightless.
It doesn't last super long but I've never had any problems with it wearing off or smudging. I also really like how easily it washes off without leaving any residue.
What's not to love about it? It's great.