October 20, 2014 | 1829 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Arhtexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the black waterproof because it was low on the ewg deep skin guide and I am trying to be as chemical free as possible. Sadly, this made my eyes swell and tear up all day and I had to take the product back. Oddly enough, I have never had this issue with any other mascara. Kind of bummed because it was cheaper than the ewg's 0 rated mascaras but this just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jgal280194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always use Almay products for my eyes because my eyes are quite sensitive. I have never had any problems with this mascara. I only need to put a few coats on my eyelashes and they look like I'm wearing false lashes. I have read other comments and some people have said that after a few hours this mascara can make their eyelashes feel and look clumpy. If you make sure you don't have big clumps of the mascara on the wand before you apply it, your eyelashes shouldn't end up looking heavy. You really don't need to apply a lot of this mascara to get long looking lashes. The price is a steal for the quality of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this mascara on and off for about three years, and I find that I always come back to it.

I happen to love the brush. I find that it is not too large to work with, but it still manages to cover my lashes. One of my favorite things about this mascara is how soft my lashes feel all day long. I never have that heavy feeling you get with some mascaras.

That being said, this does not hold a curl all day long (8 hours or so) for me, so I tend to use a separate mascara before applying this. Lately I have been using Maybelline's the Colossal Cat Eyes as my curl holder and then applying two coats of Get Up and Grow. I know three coats sounds like a lot, but it gives my lashes the most natural, full and lush look.

I do not find that this mascara actually makes my lashes grow or anything, but that isn't what I look for in a mascara so I love this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does lengthen the lashes very nicely. However, it smudges. It also dries out very quickly. I will not repurchase this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mivina

I was showering and forgot to use makeup remover and it SMUGE really bad!!! But that wasn't with the regular remover.... Brush is AMAZING, leaves me lashes soft and long. I have sensitive eyes and it works amazing! Doesn't flake but kinda smudges

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

Love this mascara. It's has an insanely volumizing, dry-type formula that separates and builds up my lashes nicely. The non-waterproof formula doesn't hold a curl well for me, though. And as others have said, this can get drier as the weeks wear on. Nevertheless, I will be repurchasing. Sometimes an outstanding, inexpensive formula wins over the temporary joy of trying a new formula that doesn't measure up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like many I decided to run for this product once I saw Emily's rave. It was amazing the first week or two but after this, it got terrible. The smudging on my concealer. It had never happened before but it started and I always looked like I had panda eyes!! No no, then the formula got bad and then really dry but clumpy nono. I thought it was somehow my concealer so I didn't use it for a day and the mascara still smudged near me... I remember it being pretty easy to take off, I used the sephora eye makeup remover in the blue bottle, love it. But I mean overall, the first week it was a dream, thickening and all but after the week it got disgusting.. Will not but again and don't really recommend it. I do recommend revlon last fantasy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great mascara.

it is inexpensive and it performs better than Chanel Volume. I do use this on top of the Chanel inimitable waterproof since I do need to curl my lashes and this would be like throwing water on a headfull of curls.. immediately drowning them.

I really love it on my lower lashes -- it makes them longer and fuller and is a breeze to get off. No more tugging my skin due to waterproof products. Bifacil or Cetaphil work great on this.

I got it in Black. It's affordable, very functional for longer fuller lashes.

packaging is meh, but I do not care. It performs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lengthens, separates, add volume, holds a curl. Loving this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

When I first got this about a month ago, I didn't really like it. It was kind of wet and didn't really do much for me. I have long, very straight/pointing down lashes. It was meh. But now that some time has passed and the formula dried out a bit, I'm starting to like this product. I have the waterproof and it holds the curl decently enough, lengthens a bit and gives acceptable volume. It can smudge if you're not careful, but it doesn't flake or anything. It's a pretty good, staple mascara but nothing amazing. I would probably buy it again eventually, but not immediately after I run out. I'll rotate through others and unless I find a new, awesome mascara, I will come back to this.