August 31, 2014 | 1585 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this mascara on and off for about three years, and I find that I always come back to it.

I happen to love the brush. I find that it is not too large to work with, but it still manages to cover my lashes. One of my favorite things about this mascara is how soft my lashes feel all day long. I never have that heavy feeling you get with some mascaras.

That being said, this does not hold a curl all day long (8 hours or so) for me, so I tend to use a separate mascara before applying this. Lately I have been using Maybelline's the Colossal Cat Eyes as my curl holder and then applying two coats of Get Up and Grow. I know three coats sounds like a lot, but it gives my lashes the most natural, full and lush look.

I do not find that this mascara actually makes my lashes grow or anything, but that isn't what I look for in a mascara so I love this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does lengthen the lashes very nicely. However, it smudges. It also dries out very quickly. I will not repurchase this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mivina

I was showering and forgot to use makeup remover and it SMUGE really bad!!! But that wasn't with the regular remover.... Brush is AMAZING, leaves me lashes soft and long. I have sensitive eyes and it works amazing! Doesn't flake but kinda smudges

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

Love this mascara. It's has an insanely volumizing, dry-type formula that separates and builds up my lashes nicely. The non-waterproof formula doesn't hold a curl well for me, though. And as others have said, this can get drier as the weeks wear on. Nevertheless, I will be repurchasing. Sometimes an outstanding, inexpensive formula wins over the temporary joy of trying a new formula that doesn't measure up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like many I decided to run for this product once I saw Emily's rave. It was amazing the first week or two but after this, it got terrible. The smudging on my concealer. It had never happened before but it started and I always looked like I had panda eyes!! No no, then the formula got bad and then really dry but clumpy nono. I thought it was somehow my concealer so I didn't use it for a day and the mascara still smudged near me... I remember it being pretty easy to take off, I used the sephora eye makeup remover in the blue bottle, love it. But I mean overall, the first week it was a dream, thickening and all but after the week it got disgusting.. Will not but again and don't really recommend it. I do recommend revlon last fantasy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great mascara.

it is inexpensive and it performs better than Chanel Volume. I do use this on top of the Chanel inimitable waterproof since I do need to curl my lashes and this would be like throwing water on a headfull of curls.. immediately drowning them.

I really love it on my lower lashes -- it makes them longer and fuller and is a breeze to get off. No more tugging my skin due to waterproof products. Bifacil or Cetaphil work great on this.

I got it in Black. It's affordable, very functional for longer fuller lashes.

packaging is meh, but I do not care. It performs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lengthens, separates, add volume, holds a curl. Loving this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

When I first got this about a month ago, I didn't really like it. It was kind of wet and didn't really do much for me. I have long, very straight/pointing down lashes. It was meh. But now that some time has passed and the formula dried out a bit, I'm starting to like this product. I have the waterproof and it holds the curl decently enough, lengthens a bit and gives acceptable volume. It can smudge if you're not careful, but it doesn't flake or anything. It's a pretty good, staple mascara but nothing amazing. I would probably buy it again eventually, but not immediately after I run out. I'll rotate through others and unless I find a new, awesome mascara, I will come back to this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is awful! I purchased it due to YouTuber's emilynoel83 incessant raves and it just did nothing for me! I have extremely straight sparse Asian lashes. I typically curl them with a slightly heated eyelash curler, lightly coat with Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof mascara to hold the curl, then proceed with my mascara of choice. Get Up and Grow completely straightens any curl upon the lightest application, yes, even when I wipe of excess mascara with a tissue beforehand. I find the formula is too wet for my wimpy lashes. I tried using the mascara on its own - same results.
However, after much begging, I did test it on my SO's luxuriously full and long lashes - looked great on him. Isn't that always the way? So yeah, not a fan of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. In just two quick coats I get super thick, long lashes. I had issues with smudging when I first bought it, but after about a week or so, the formula got a little thicker, and I haven't had any smudging problems since then. The Blackest Black is a deep, rich black, which I absolutley love. This is my new HG and I'm stocking up!