Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 5/20/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the packaging (as it clicks to really know the cap is closed). Mine smells slightly like "Windex" perhaps I just got an old one @ Target as it was the last on the shelf I do not know...Was expecting it to smell more lotion-y like, like Voluminous or Lancome. The price was really economical $6.99. I have long yet thin / sparse lashes, so it didn't really deliver in the volume dept, however I didn't really expect it to as their "One Coat Thickening" doesn't either...However, that's what I have my beloved Colossal via Maybelline for. What I did love was the length, the rich black pigment, price (altho on sale) so not sure what it is regularily in Toronto, the easy removal (non WP type I purchased) but above all, the way my lashes did NOT feel crunchy, stiff or brittle. I will re-purchase for every-day natural looks. Took 3 generous coats to get a luscious look, but heck, that's ok. I was very happy w/ my purchase as I've 9 mascaras (my fav cosmetic lol) & only my Voluminous CB (L'Oreal) makes my lashes not feel (overly) stiff, so this will be my 2nd go to mascara, I actually bought this over my usual Mega Plush.

on 5/10/2014 7:56:00 AM

EmilyNoel mentioned this product as one of her new drugstore favorites so I decided to give it a try. I can see why she is impressed with "Get Up and Grow." This mascara does a great job at lengthening and extending lashes. Do you like that "flared" lash look? Then this is the one for you. It also imparts decent volume but it can get clumpy on the second or third coat so be careful. My major gripe with this mascara is transfer. It extended my lashes so well that they hit my upper eyelid and left faint black lines. I may give the waterproof version a try for that reason. Definitely worth a try when it's on sale or a BOGO.

on 4/2/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara as just something to brighten my eyes if I'm off to class or off to work. It doesn't do a great job of bold lashes but then again, that's not what it's for. For an everyday mascara, amazing. The only negative thing about it is that it doesn't come off as easily as I'd like at night even after using makeup removal pads and washing my face (and I don't even buy the waterproof one!)

on 3/3/2014 9:19:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara! The brush is the perfect size, and it does wonders in terms of lengthening. In my opinion this is definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras. I always buy mine in blackest black, and it gives the darkest, most dramatic lashes! It can start to clump after applying a few coats, but I find wiggling the brush through the lash really helps with that. If I had to say there was a con it would be that it doesn't hold the curl very well, but for me no mascara has really ever exceled in that department so I wouldn't even really call that a con. Great mascara, definitely give it a try!

on 3/1/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

watch my review here

on 2/4/2014 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the black waterproof because it was low on the ewg deep skin guide and I am trying to be as chemical free as possible. Sadly, this made my eyes swell and tear up all day and I had to take the product back. Oddly enough, I have never had this issue with any other mascara. Kind of bummed because it was cheaper than the ewg's 0 rated mascaras but this just didn't work for me.

on 2/3/2014 9:01:00 PM

I always use Almay products for my eyes because my eyes are quite sensitive. I have never had any problems with this mascara. I only need to put a few coats on my eyelashes and they look like I'm wearing false lashes. I have read other comments and some people have said that after a few hours this mascara can make their eyelashes feel and look clumpy. If you make sure you don't have big clumps of the mascara on the wand before you apply it, your eyelashes shouldn't end up looking heavy. You really don't need to apply a lot of this mascara to get long looking lashes. The price is a steal for the quality of this mascara.

on 11/27/2013 8:21:00 AM

I have used this mascara on and off for about three years, and I find that I always come back to it.

I happen to love the brush. I find that it is not too large to work with, but it still manages to cover my lashes. One of my favorite things about this mascara is how soft my lashes feel all day long. I never have that heavy feeling you get with some mascaras.

That being said, this does not hold a curl all day long (8 hours or so) for me, so I tend to use a separate mascara before applying this. Lately I have been using Maybelline's the Colossal Cat Eyes as my curl holder and then applying two coats of Get Up and Grow. I know three coats sounds like a lot, but it gives my lashes the most natural, full and lush look.

I do not find that this mascara actually makes my lashes grow or anything, but that isn't what I look for in a mascara so I love this.

on 11/22/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does lengthen the lashes very nicely. However, it smudges. It also dries out very quickly. I will not repurchase this mascara.

on 11/13/2013 7:55:00 PM

I was showering and forgot to use makeup remover and it SMUGE really bad!!! But that wasn't with the regular remover.... Brush is AMAZING, leaves me lashes soft and long. I have sensitive eyes and it works amazing! Doesn't flake but kinda smudges

Video Reviews & Tutorials