December 21, 2014 | 1238 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Philosophy - Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought two- one in light and one in extra light- (the one closest to my skin color). I really like these. They provide a little coverage, but the main thing I love is the glow I get. These are very moisturizing to me and so I use blotting papers during the day. That's the one negative I have when using a non-powder product. As I said before, the glow is amazing. I look sun-kissed and more even toned. On top of that, I need less concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this at first. Loved the coverage. However, after a few weeks, I began to notice how greasy my skin was looking halfway through the day (and I have dry skin, so that is highly unusual).

I switched to another brand of TM and got a nice matte finish that lasted way longer. There is nothing wrong with this TM I guess, just not right for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by akimbo123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually use Murad Sheer Tint with SPF 15, which is actually not marketed as a tinted moisturizer but does a wonderful job moisturizing my skin while giving me a bronzed glow and spf protection. I decided to try the Philosophy tinted moisturizer because the spf is a little higher. My take on it is that it feels nice on my oily skin and smells okay. It is cosmetically elegant in application, but once on, you must quickly distribute the product as it tends to sit in place. A few times, I left the house only to later find yellow streaks on my skin - embarassing! It doesn't blend very well. Also, if you have oily eyelids or mistakenly rub your eyes, this will BURN! I like this product enough to finish what I have, but since I have to be careful with application and my eyes, I will not buy it again. With Murad Sheer Tint, I never felt any irritation if the product got near my eyes and it just absorbed into my skin perfectly, no streaks or line of demarcation ever. I'll happily go back to Murad.

Update: I took off a lippie because this really breaks me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Extra light for C2 skin and mix of that and light to medium in summer. Use daily and will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a BI 100 point sample from Sephora. I used this for about 3 weeks (the sample tube is pretty big) before I purchased the full size. I love this TM!!! If Sephora did not offer this as a sample I would have never discovered this as I usually skip over Philosophy products. The sample was in Light/Medium which works for my NC25 skin but since I like to wear bronzer, I would prefer it a little lighter. I have since purchased this in Light and it works perfectly. If I wear a moisturizer underneath this, it lasts pretty much the whole day. I have to blot in the afternoon but thats about it. The coverage is light. I have ok skin so it works for me.
The packaging is nice too and portable. According to Philosophy, it has an airless pump which I guess is a good thing?
It is a bit pricey at $38/1.7 fl.oz but there was a Philosophy friends & family sale so I bought two at $28.50/each.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by BAYLOVEBarbie

Let me say that i wanted to sooo badly LOVE this product but unfortunately I did not. I have combination skin with an oily tzone. I wanted something not only for summer time but for the times im in a rush and do not want to apply makeup. I kept trying it wishing I could change my mind, but when i applied this, within ten minutes my face was blotchy. I applied this with different brushes, sponges, by hand, with expensive and inexpensive primers, without primer, and it just didn't work for me. I absolutely love how it feels, but it comes off easily. I even tried setting it with a few different powders. I gave product a 2 start rating just because i LOVE philosophy the brand, but this tinted moisturizer just did not work for me :( If you have oily skin or an oily t zone, this is not for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

i applied this with the SK skunk brush and it goes on a lot better than when i tried it with a foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xkendallx

I got this as a sample with my Sephora points, and fell in love. After I finished my sample I went and bought a regular size (it IS expensive and I cringed when I had to pay for it). I have fairly light skin but I use the light to medium shade, and it brightens my whole face up. It's the only thing I need to put on in terms of cover up or foundation, so I'm thinking it will be good for summer especially with the SPF. I do still use a powder to control any shine though. It's very light, so it doesn't cover up everything, but my skin is generally pretty good so I don't need much coverage. It may not be a good product for people who need more coverage, but then again most tinted moisturizers aren't good for that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the "deep" shade, even though I probably could've went for the tan one...but summer's coming and I get a good five shades darker, so whatever. Speaking of, I'm very active in the hot, humid weather of Virginia during the summers, so I wonder how this will work then. For now, however, it is wonderful. I just wish that I felt completely confident with the sunscreen in it as I do with regular moisturizers; I'm always feeling like it's more foundation than sunscreen/moisturizer. The price is horrid (38 dollars at sephora) but it does last awhile so I can't really complain. If I find something better I'll quickly switch, but for now this will work just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TripleD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use a lot of Philosphy products, so It was a no-brainer for me to try this, as I prefer tinted moisturizers for my 47-y.o skin.

Bleh. ot moisturizing enough and I felt it just sat on top, didn't blend in or give a dewy lightly correcting coverage.

Not for me