December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bobbysoxxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before using this product, I only moisturised my face. I bought this just over a week ago and my skin has become noticeably softer, I no longer have dry patches when I apply make up and I have fewer blackheads. My face looks better with and without foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

There's no denying I like a good face scrub - I tend to find they reach the parts that regular facial cleansers can't. At 9.00GBP this sits nicely in the same band as some regular drugstore scrubs, which I find tend to range between 2.99GBP and 10.00GBP. However, in the case of this one I would say the price reflects the product. It exfoliates effectively without being too scratchy or leaving my skin feeling dry and tight.

Unlike some facial exfoliators this foams up as you use it, which might not appeal to some (it has SLS in it, which I know some people try to avoid in skincare products), but as someone with sensitive skin I can honestly say this has never given me any cause for concern. As mentioned, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, but equally it has never left me with breakouts or sore patches.

A 75ml tube of this has easily lasted me 3 months when using it twice a week, so for the price this is pretty good value for money. The smell takes a little getting used to - I can't put my finger on what it smells of, but it's quite earthy in tone which I'm guessing has something to do with the seaweed content - but it certainly wouldn't put me off using it or buying it again when this one finally runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this exfoliator and at the moment I use this 2-3x a week. I used to use St Ives, but after reading reviews that stated St Ives can easily break your capillaries and is too rough for your skin I switched over to this exfoliator since it is much gentler. The beads are much softer than St Ives, but are a decent size so you can still feel them on your face. I love the smell and the lathering properties of this since I prefer face washes that lather...it makes me feel like its working. I normally use a clarisonic 2x a day so I tend to have a seperate face wash from an exfoliator; this is gentle enough for me to use on a daily basis so when I go on vacations I just bring this with me and leave the clarisonic at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Mriyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love love love this scrub. i have been using this for years. i am writing this review to help people incase they arent sure.i use this every second or third day during winter time depend on my skin but in summer time i practically use this everyday. i have combination to oily skin and prone to acne but this scrub is great on my skin. it helps lift of the dirt and oil of my face without drying it out. it is just so gentle on skin, so gentle but it does the job.

i just love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

I have gotten it as a scrub, but feel like it is more of a cleanser with exfoliating properties.
I like the gel texture and the fact that it leaves the skin squeaky clean. Feels like it is quite dehydrating and rips the skin off of the oils so you would need to moisturize well afterwards. It would be perfect for combo to oily skin and in the summer.
Would not recommend using this as a daily cleanser since I think it is too harsh and drying for that, but using this two-three times a week instead of your regular cleanser would seem sensible. That would not cancel out using a proper scrub or exfoliator.
The packaging is great, I love squeeze tubes for scrubs and cleansers, it is convenient and hygienic. I guess I might repurchase, but I lean towards maybe on this one. It is on the pricier scale, but I would not think it's too expensive. It does a nice job, but I can not say I am impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I know this is suppose to be an exfoliator only, but i kind of used it as a cleanser.
suprisingly when i use it as a cleanser all my pimples subside quite fast!
Although it does'nt really smooth my skin that much, or fade my scars but it does quite a good job as a cleanser.
i wear a lot of makeup and the weather here in Malaysia is really hot and humid, thus all the oil and dirt clogged into my pores.
I have really oily skin, pimples, acne scars, large pores and blackheads on my nose.
After a month of stopping from this, ( i grew bored and wanted to try something different) all my pimples came back!
So until i find my HG cleanser im surely gonna stick with this first.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jwyl

This product is okay as a cleanser but I'm not sold on the supposed pore-clarifying effect. It certainly wasn't very noticeable on me. The exfoliating grains are not too irritating for my skin. I found the gel base of the product left some filmy, rather clingy residue which, if not rubbed away completely (and it took a fair bit of vigourous scrubbing, I tell you!), caused me to have irritated bumps the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing!! I'm not using any other product.. EVER! I'm going to keep coming back to this. I love this product so much. It deep cleanses blocked pores, exfoliates to remove dead at skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime. Best exfoliator ever. My skin felt so soft and smooth when I was done. The only cons are that the bottle is kind of small and it is a little pricey. Its worth it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MyLittlePanda11

A soap-free facial scrub that effectively deep cleanses blocked pores and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime. This is what the body shop promises you when you buy this scrub, and I must say it is actually really nice!

The product has key ingredients jojoba oil, which absorbs oil and leaves your skin soft and smooth and wild-harvested seaweed, which is non-oily and very hydrating.

So I really like this product. The beads are small and not very harsh on the skin. You can even, if you really have a problem with large pores use this two days in a row to give them a good cleanse. Because the small beads don't irritate my skin it leaves a soft smooth surface.

If you have oily or combination skin this is a really good scrub for you!

I hope you liked this review!

More coming soon!

XOXO laura

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SkinCare9

This is absolutely amazing!
It smells good, feels amazing when using. It really refreshes my skin and makes my skin super soft, gets rid of oiliness, blackheads and zits/pimples and acne in general.

I use this after my cleansing, then I use a toner.
I use the scrub Thursday & Sunday. Also on a Sunday I'll use a mask after the scrub (in the evening).

Definatly worth a try!