August 21, 2014 | 1705 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Mriyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love love love this scrub. i have been using this for years. i am writing this review to help people incase they arent sure.i use this every second or third day during winter time depend on my skin but in summer time i practically use this everyday. i have combination to oily skin and prone to acne but this scrub is great on my skin. it helps lift of the dirt and oil of my face without drying it out. it is just so gentle on skin, so gentle but it does the job.

i just love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

I have gotten it as a scrub, but feel like it is more of a cleanser with exfoliating properties.
I like the gel texture and the fact that it leaves the skin squeaky clean. Feels like it is quite dehydrating and rips the skin off of the oils so you would need to moisturize well afterwards. It would be perfect for combo to oily skin and in the summer.
Would not recommend using this as a daily cleanser since I think it is too harsh and drying for that, but using this two-three times a week instead of your regular cleanser would seem sensible. That would not cancel out using a proper scrub or exfoliator.
The packaging is great, I love squeeze tubes for scrubs and cleansers, it is convenient and hygienic. I guess I might repurchase, but I lean towards maybe on this one. It is on the pricier scale, but I would not think it's too expensive. It does a nice job, but I can not say I am impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I know this is suppose to be an exfoliator only, but i kind of used it as a cleanser.
suprisingly when i use it as a cleanser all my pimples subside quite fast!
Although it does'nt really smooth my skin that much, or fade my scars but it does quite a good job as a cleanser.
i wear a lot of makeup and the weather here in Malaysia is really hot and humid, thus all the oil and dirt clogged into my pores.
I have really oily skin, pimples, acne scars, large pores and blackheads on my nose.
After a month of stopping from this, ( i grew bored and wanted to try something different) all my pimples came back!
So until i find my HG cleanser im surely gonna stick with this first.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jwyl

This product is okay as a cleanser but I'm not sold on the supposed pore-clarifying effect. It certainly wasn't very noticeable on me. The exfoliating grains are not too irritating for my skin. I found the gel base of the product left some filmy, rather clingy residue which, if not rubbed away completely (and it took a fair bit of vigourous scrubbing, I tell you!), caused me to have irritated bumps the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing!! I'm not using any other product.. EVER! I'm going to keep coming back to this. I love this product so much. It deep cleanses blocked pores, exfoliates to remove dead at skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime. Best exfoliator ever. My skin felt so soft and smooth when I was done. The only cons are that the bottle is kind of small and it is a little pricey. Its worth it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MyLittlePanda11

A soap-free facial scrub that effectively deep cleanses blocked pores and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime. This is what the body shop promises you when you buy this scrub, and I must say it is actually really nice!

The product has key ingredients jojoba oil, which absorbs oil and leaves your skin soft and smooth and wild-harvested seaweed, which is non-oily and very hydrating.

So I really like this product. The beads are small and not very harsh on the skin. You can even, if you really have a problem with large pores use this two days in a row to give them a good cleanse. Because the small beads don't irritate my skin it leaves a soft smooth surface.

If you have oily or combination skin this is a really good scrub for you!

I hope you liked this review!

More coming soon!

XOXO laura

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SkinCare9

This is absolutely amazing!
It smells good, feels amazing when using. It really refreshes my skin and makes my skin super soft, gets rid of oiliness, blackheads and zits/pimples and acne in general.

I use this after my cleansing, then I use a toner.
I use the scrub Thursday & Sunday. Also on a Sunday I'll use a mask after the scrub (in the evening).

Definatly worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by repercussionist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I prefer having separate cleansers and exfoliators, so I'm always on the look for a good exfoliator, since it seems like nowadays the only exfoliants are combined with cleansers.

This is a little on the pricey side (at least it is here in Norway), but it works very well. I normally have oily skin in my native Florida, but in Norway, I have combination/dry skin. This exfoliator does not overdry, nor does it leave my skin oily during the summer. The grains are medium to large, which is a negative in my book since I believe finer grains are better for your skin.

However, I have yet to find that holy grail of exfoliators that leaves the right moisture balance with the right size grains at the right price. In the meantime, this seems to be the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lizxphile

I was a little surprised to see some negative reviews of this but of course not everyone's skin is the same. I bought this to try about 6 months ago and am hooked - love it! My skin is combination with dryness in the winter and super oiliness in the humidity in summer if I don't use the right product, and my skin loves this scrub! It's just scrubby enough without being too abrasive (I tried TBS's Green Tea scrub and it was too much...) and my face has been very happy since I started using this (I use it every other day); pores have improved a bit, not as many breakouts. I am pretty cheap so I don't like the price but I will definitely pay it for this. I've been pretty happy so far with all the items in the Seaweed line I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it love it loooove itttt. The grains are small enough not to tear at your skin yet large enough to exfoliate your pores like it promises, leaves a clean tingly feeling, and foams like a cleanser on my skin. It controls my oily nose and forehead without drying out my moderately dry cheeks and chin. I also feel like it makes my skin glow and appear softer after I use it. The only face exfoliator I buy, and with the relatively small bottle lasting me for four-six months, I never mind repurchasing. Totally worth it.