October 30, 2014 | 1693 users online

Liquid - New York Color - Skin Matching Foundation

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by gwenwalls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff broke me out like crazy! I've initially liked a lot of their products, but I think now there's a reason for the cheap price -- they are terrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

So, I went to Walmart to go get some concealer when I saw this foundation. I was thinking "Wow, it's cheap maybe I'll get it" So I bought it, it was no more than 4$ which I like because I hate spending money especially on makeup. I went home and only used it about 2 months later, I got the lightest shade that they were selling which was "687 Light To Medium" and it's still a bit too dark. I find the foundation a bit too liquidy for my tasting so it takes forever to properly blend but its fine if you put less than I did. The foundation doesn't smell too bad and it gives a reasonable amount of coverage for the price. Although I especially did not like the not having packaging part I hate the thought that someone could have used it and also I don't like that this product contains parabens but as it is a cheap product and most products have parabens in it anyways I can't really complain. Overall I give it a 3/5 and I would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by chasingthestars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was not very good. It left m skin tinted orange, and patchy dry areas all over my face. It did not help my dry skin at all, even when I moisturized. It did not match my skin. It left my face feeling heavy and cakey. A poor performance by NYC.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Mimijona

It's really hard for me to say anything good about this product. I got it off a site that had a sale, I had never tried any NYC products so I was really excited amd I got it for really cheap, so that's good, I guess. But still I feel like I wasted my money, since it felt pastey after a few minutes I even hadn't finished applying it and it looked horrible and patchy/cakey. I was in a rush, but had to takeall of it off, since it looked so horrible. It can't be layered at all, maybe with just one thin layer it would look all right, but then it doesn't cover it. That was a good skin day btw, but it looked horrible after this. I tried to blend it with a stippling brush, nope, it just dried and rubbed right off like a gel type of thing, so weird :(((

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few cheap brands that actually matches my skin tone.
I find it offers medium coverage.
I don't really enjoy the way this feels on my face, a little pasty, if you know what I mean.
It's ok, but not awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is more of a tinted moisturizer and less of a foundation. It really didn't provide adequate coverage for me at all, but it is moisturizing. I still have quite a lot of left in my tube so I continue to use it occasionally as a moisturizer, but I wouldn't buy it again if I was looking for a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by emmylovesbeauty

This is a great foundation for people like me that dont have a lot of acne but just need a little something to even out their skin tone and some extra coverage. I have been told that I'm very pale, but the Light-Medium shade (#687) fits me pretty well. It does give me a little bit of color and I dont look washed out. It can go a little orange though! Make sure to blend it thoroughly and get your neck. Its actually not that liquidy either, its kind of creamy, and it mousturizes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to get this because I tried their smooth skin foundation and was actually very pleased. The skin matching foundation, not too much. It didn't feel too terrible and it sort of evens skin but other than that it was bad. It made dry areas stick out and I put on three layers of it for anything to really be covered but at that point my forehead was starting to cake up. I felt like while I was putting it on it was coming off like these little crusty pieces? I don't know if anyone had that or not but I was like what the heck? It didn't do much for me and it made me look older. I would recommend looking at their smooth skin foundation because it was a lot better than this one. Sorry to those who like this foundation because it just sucked on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally a foundation that is really cheap and seems to somewhat match my skincolour. Fortunately it is crazy organge. So, I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately, I am not a big fan.

My skin is quite good and I am just looking for sheer cover to even out my skin colour. I find this product does not blend into the skin. My nose ends up feeling like it's made of rubber. The foundation also makes makes me look old, every little line is emphasized to the point where you see lines you didn't even know you had.

Finally, for some reason I seem to be able to get at least twice the amount of product I need when just giving the tube a slight squeeze.

So even though it's dirt cheap, I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff was an ok replacement for my regular foundation. The color matched my skin well however..it pills when i apply. That wad my main issue with this other than it fades after awhile. The coverage is sheer to medium.