July 31, 2014 | 1020 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - FastDry - Gray's Anatomy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color polish for my toes in the summer. Beautiful flashes of shimmery purple, green w/gray/silver. I agree w/the other reviewers, this polish is pretty thin and several coats are required----I don't like doing that many coats of any polish, so after Revlon base coat, I appy 1 coat of LA Colors Color Craze nail polish in # 558 (Gunmetal Gray) then apply 2 coats of Gray's Anatomy for a nice opaque coverage, top w/Revlon Fast Dry top coat. The LA Colors Gunmetal gray coat doesn't change the color of Gray's A. at all. Just gives it a nice base. I think any dark gray base would work.
Inside or in low light, my nails appear to be a dark gray. Outside, in sunlight, they flash back in forth between the purple/green/silver, kinda like a mermaid sheen, for lack of a better discription. I faux tan my feet very lightly and it makes the color stand out even more. 5 lippes because I love the color and it last for 2 weeks. Def. repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

its okay. i do like the color but i feel like ive been lied to. the color when its on your nails is no where close to the color in the bottle. in the bottle it looks more grey/silvery/ green and the pink/purple barely shows. but when i started painting my nails were more pink/purple. the duochrome of this polish its that great since most of what i saw was purple on my nails. it was like the silvery part disappeared. it is a nice color though but i would prefer the color in the bottle on my nails. i like it because the color reminds me of this polish i had in middle school that i used to wear all the time but lost. i will repurchase mainly because i have history with this color.
A 3 for packaging. IT LIES ...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was browsing the makeup section of my local Fred Meyer's yesterday and this nail polish caught my eye immediately. It was the last one left, super cheap, and I was fascinated by the colors in the bottle so I bought it in a flash. It's gray, purple, silver, green, and blue all at the same time. I read reviews of it when I got home and read that it was a bit thin and watery so when I applied it I layered it over a black polish. I used one coat of black, two coat's of Gray's Anatomy, and a top coat. Wow. My nails look GORGEOUS! They haven't chipped at all yet, and usually my polish is chipped within a few hours. I can't stop staring at my nails. I got tons of compliments on it and everyone wanted to know where I got the polish, and everyone was shocked that it was such a cheap brand!
I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LaPetiteOphelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful, long-wearing, fast-drying *and you can always buy a nail polish fast dry spray if you don't want to even wait that long*. I love the color! I wanted something opalescent and this is just gorgeous. Unlike others, I have plenty of time to wait while I put on three or four coats of this by itself and let it dry. This polish without a topcoat lasts me a good four or five days without chipping. I would suggest wearing with a topcoat, however. You don't need a base coat, as this doesn't stain or dry out healthy nails. It removes easily too. I'd like to try this on top of other colors as others have suggested as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: cheap dupe for more expensive brands, unique color, dries quick, great brush, shear enough to layer over other colors, holo!

Cons: requires 2-3 coats to get to bottle color, not gooey but I wish the formula was a little thinner, might not compliment those with yellow/golden undertones

Summary: I like this unique color but am on the fence as to whether it compliments my NC45 skin tone. Those with pink under tones may like this color more. But this color applies so shear it layers well (i.e. over essie's berry naughty) So it's unique & versatile enough to keep.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by SupahLissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because, at least in the light at my local Walgreens, it looked grey, and I had no true grey nailpolish. I wasn't impressed when I put it on my nails: that's not the polish's fault, though.

It is a very sheer/thin nailpolish: I think that's a factor in why it dries so fast, or is supposed to. (That's why base coat and top coat tend to dry fast.) Because it is so sheer, it takes a LOT of coats to get to the color in the bottle, and even then it's hard to. If you have an issue with that, definitely avoid this.

The main reason I like this is, because it's so thin, the duochrome works great with darker colors, and alters it a bit. Right now, I have it over one of Sinful Colors' older colors, Dream On (a fluorescent-ish purple). The grey in it muted the fluroescent-ness, and the purple of the duochrome, gives my nails a bit of a lilac-ish sheen in the light. As far as what it's a dupe of...I'll leave that to everyone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is what's on my nails as I type. I'm beginning to love it. It's color is different and very pretty. Drying time is quick and I am also in love with the brush. I could cover my nail in 1 stroke. You can't go wrong for under $2. Thank you Wet N Wild!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by bkwrrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild's Gray's Anatomy is a beautiful sheer silver purple, with green, grey and blue flashes. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippman Wicked Game (which I also own and yeah - exact).

It takes 2 or 3 coats to get to bottle color, but it dries quite quickly (it is in their Fast-Dry collection after all) and has a beautiful shine. I've tried it layered over black, dark blue and Zoya Kelly and that was mind-blowing. Brings out the colors and the duochrome so very well.

At $1.99 for the Wet n Wild, versus $18 for the Deborah Lippman, I know which one I'll be buying another bottle of.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Very sheer color on its own but exquisite when layered over something dark. Formula is nice and fluid, very easy to apply. Its a duochrome that looks silver in the bottle but flashes from green to purple. Click continued for a picture of it layered over Sinful Nirvana.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by heroicdestinysqud

Dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Wicked Game. The polish is somewhat sheer but I think that's alright for this type of color. Unlike most duochromes, I found it looked best under fluorescent light and pretty lackluster outdoors. I'm completely indifferent to the way it looks in natural light, but its gorgeous in my office! The formula is a bit watery and definitely required 2-3 coats. Works nicely for layering as well.