April 16, 2014 | 1877 users online

Nails - Wet 'n' Wild - FastDry - Party of Five Glitters

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild's FastDry Nail Polish in Party of Five Glitters contains five different types of glitter, suspended in a clear base. The formula is toluene and phthalate free. I purchased my bottle at Rite Aid for .99c for .46 fl oz of polish.
I like the unique packaging of Wet n' Wild's FastDry line. The glass bottle is tall and cylindrical and feels solid. The cap is black plastic with texturing on the side, making it easier to get a firm grip. Wet n' Wild is embossed on the top of the cap, but due to the unique shape of the bottle, this isn't very hard to find in the Sea of Polish. The cap hasn't detached from the top of the brush yet. The brush is slightly longer and thicker than the average brush and is rounded at the end, which is perfect for glitter application.
Suspended in thick, clear polish is 5 different glitters. Red. Green. Silver. Violet. Blue. All different shapes and sizes. I get the name Party of Five, the polish certainly has a festive visual appeal in the bottle as well as when applied.
I would classify Party of Five Glitters as a layering polish. Sure you can wear it on it's own, but it'll take 5+coats for opacity. I've tried. I've found the best way to apply this glitter polish is to dot it on with the tip of the brush. Swiping it like a normal polish barely leaves behind any glitter. Dotting deposits way more glitter, more evenly. I personally use two coats of this for satisfactory glitter coverage, but really its up to you how much sparkle you want.
Despite being called "FastDry", Party of Five Glitters takes forever to dry. About 3-5 minutes to be dry to the touch, over 10 minutes to be dry enough that it doesn't smudge. The dry time is unacceptably long.
What Party of Five lacks it dry time it makes up for in wear. It seems to make whatever polish it's layered over last a few days longer. It's impressive and tempts me all the more to use it.
Removal is easy for a glitter polish. It's a little stubborn, but it comes off with a little work. As I mentioned in my Revlon Blue Mosaic review, I prefer to use a combined method of soaking and pressure to remove difficult polishes, as opposed to vigorous rubbing, which can damage the nail.
I do recommend Wet n' Wild's Party of Five Glitters polish. Aside from the absurd dry time, this is an excellent and appealing glitter polish. It wears well and gives any polish a cute sparkle. This is a polish that'll get a ton of wear in the holiday season and in summer. It's hard to resist layering it over every polish I wear. At just under $2, this polish is a great value and an almost definite repurchase.

Dupes: This is said to be a dupe for Milani's Gems polish, as well as OPI's Rainbow Connection. Some even say Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday.

Best Layered Over: Sinful Colors Big Daddy or Essence's Just Rock It.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. The varied glitter sizes and colors make this polish perfect for dressing up any color nail polish. I've been wearing it over avon nailwear pro in gunmetal and it makes all the different glitter colors really pop.

Nice consistency with just the right amount of glitter and it dries fast as it promises, even with multiple coats. The only drawback is once it starts to chip the glitter escapes and sticks to my skin and hair. (The smell is kind of strong as well but it fades quickly.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i decided to try this np since i tried one of their megalast nps and it impressed me. this ones pretty good too! like the name states, it really is fast drying which is perfect for someone like me who doesnt have the patience to wait till their nails dry. i picked up this color for the holidays, it looks fab on white, layered with other glitter nps, or on its own if you layer it enough. when i purchased this, i couldnt decide between this and a milani np thats almost the exact same color as this but that one has more glitter and gold glitter too iirc? except this one was half the price. since this ones fast drying, its easy to layer so i dont mind doing it but im still knocking a lippie off for not having enough glitter.

will update about the wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by xCupcake7

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! I put it over a bright red polish, and its PERFECT for the holidays. For reference, i used a red polish from the Charlotte Russe "Reds Collection"polish set from Christmas 2010. The glitter in this polish is really spread out, and i would use about 2 coats over your polish of choice. Over red, this nail polish is very Christmas-y. I think over a dark blue, purple or black, it wouldn't be so holiday-ish.(?) But the formula is spot-on. Very easy to work with, and dries quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by bambinichole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just picked this up at Walgreen's last night for .69. I really like it. I didn't apply it over a base or anything and it still looks really pretty. You kinda have to press/push the glitter on with the brush but after two coats, it covers fairly well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I found a bottle of this at Five Below for a whopping $1.99 and decided to give it a try. It's a multilayered glitter polish in a clear base. It dries pretty quickly (fastdry formula) and looks really pretty when layered over a dark color (I used OPI's Black Cherry Chutney for the base color). I think if you use it with darker colors like purple or black it helps get rid of the "Christmas" vibe of this polish. That said, I can't wait to use this with a white pearl base or a deep green in December. It's cheap thrill if you find this - I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is an interesting polish containing five different glitters: Silver, light blue, red, green, and magenta. Because of the red and green, this gives me a slight Christmas vibe which is kind of weird because I hate holiday themes when it's not the holiday season. At first I thought I could layer this to be one big wall of glitter, but even with 3-4 coats, it's not happening. This is just best as a glittery top coat. I tried it over AA Hunter and is pretty neat. The polish also dries quickly, per the name. If you like glitters, you should try this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by boilerscuba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought PoFG b/c I was hardcore lemming DL Happy Birthday! Though they are not exact dupes, I decided at 1.99 and with the Milani Gems (another dupe for DL HB) was not available at my local DS.

Finish: multicolored hexagonal glitter! 3 different sizes
Base: clear base
Colors: Purple, green, red, silver and skyblue
Opacity: 2 heavy coats or 3 medium coats to get decent coverage
Dry time: fast :)
Application: super easy! not thick at all
Durability: I had it on for 3 days before I removed it, but really... I can't comment on it since it wasn't covering my tips. No notable chips.
Removal: easy
Price: 1.99 at Walgreens

I think it's a good alternative to DL HB (esp with the change in glitters from what I hear), but the original DL is prettier IMO (I think it has gold and a different red colored glitter + much more dense coverage). I wish there was more glitter, but I guess if it were more loaded with glitter, it may have been more difficult to apply. I haven't used it enough to comment on whether it gets thicker with use, but I have seen no settling issues.

I would re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mariaoleary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this glitter polish, it's unlike anything I own. It actually reminds me of a dupe for a deborah lippman polish (i forgot the name). My favorite way to apply this is over a medium pink color towards the tips, it ends up looking like a pink donut with springkles :) yes it takes a bit of time to dry but nothing out of the ordinary. I think for a deborah lippman dupe, the look, and price alone; it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this polish over black!!! I mostly see the red glitter pieces, the green, & silver. The other two don't stand out as much. My nails chip with this polish, but with a clear coat on top it lasts quite awhile for me!