Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.5 % OTHER INGREDIENTS: TALC - NYLON-12 - LAUROYL LYSINE - MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE - BORON NITRIDE - OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE - MICA - DIMETHICONE - ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE - HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE - PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE - ZINC STEARATE - GOLD - SERINE - STEARIC ACID - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - ALLANTOIN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - ALUMINA - PANTHENOL - SORBIC ACID - TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE - ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT - SODIUM HYALURONATE - LIMONENE - BENZYL SALICYLATE - LINALOOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - CITRONELLOL - HEXYL CINNAMAL - CINNAMYL ALCOHOL - GERANIOL - EUGENOL - BENZYL ALCOHOL - [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)

on 5/22/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer. I bought shade 00 (nude). It is a dream to apply. I thought it may be too light but it is very buildable and I like the pink tinge to it when you swirl all the sections . I think the packaging is sturdy and pleasing to the eye. I think this is a great bronzer for use all year round. It is very expensive but it has not disappointed so far . Will definitely buy again now I'm hooked !

on 5/2/2014 1:02:00 AM

I have golden hues in my skin and am a brunette and chose the wrong color, Moyen Blondes (which btw is very red/orange). However, even if I had chosen the correct one, this bronzer just irritated the hell out of my super sensitive skin and made me itchy. It's very heavily fragranced, and while the fragrance itself didn't bother me, my skin was definitely unhappy to find a red rash all over it, esp. with a $75 bronzer. I ended up swapping it with the original Guerlain Terracotta bronzer in 03, which totally looked like it was my perfect color. However, that one was very ORANGE and caused the same irritation on my face. Guerlain really needs to rid their products of the awfully strong fragrance. Two stars for the fact that this bronzer is incredibly soft, smoothes out the complexion, has incredible depth, and does not look blotchy. I hate to mess up the incredible ratings, but everyone's experience is different, and I'm glad so many people are loving this bronzer.

on 2/2/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My HG BRONZER!! Love how i can use this same bronzer all year round due to the four shades!! Beautiful texture on the skin and such natural sunkissed MATTE colours which i love! Pricey but worth it

on 1/12/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore the Guerlain brand and was lusting after this bronzer months before I got it, so I had quite high expectations when I finally did. However, I wasn't enamored by this product like I thought I'd be once I got it, much to my disappointment. First off, the packaging and bronzer are beautiful, but my one complaint about the packaging is that it's difficult for me to open. I have short fingernails, and the way that it's designed forces me to find another object to slip between the magnetic closure to open it, which is quite the nuisance. Second, it may just be that I have a yellow undertone, but the quad overall seems to be very red. This is not a positive for me because I prefer my bronzers to have more of a grey/brown look rather than red which makes it look much more unnatural. Overall, I think this bronzer is alright, but definitely not worth the $75.

on 10/24/2013 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've used alot of bronzers but this is the best bronzer that I ever used..
It has such a great color payoff, velvety texture, blends like a dream and you can customize the shade by blending the 4 shades you have, so this can be used in all seasons + it's matte which is my favorite finish for bronzers.. I like to use shimmery products are for highlighting not bronzing.

I have been using it for year and a half on a daily basis and I still didn't hit pan!

LOVE IT

on 10/7/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Medium Brunettes and Natural Blondes, and love both. I have to be very light handed with the brunettes, but used lightly it gives a gorgeous healthy colour. The Blondes is more subtle, very natural colour on me. The brunettes looks a little more tanned, the blondes sunkissed.

on 9/16/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The texture is amazing - it's creamy, silky and looks really posh compared to most other bronzers. And you definitely don't need much, I've used my bronzer for months now and you can barely tell the product has been used. To be honest it is way too expensive (can any bronzer really be worth this much money?) but the quality is great. My only complaint is about the shade: I was surprised to see that it looks a little bit orange/red on my skin, cause it certainly doesn't in the package. I think my next bronzer will be Hoola again, but this was definitely a nice experiment.

I have shade 3 and while it's beautiful, after using it for a couple of months I'm getting tiny dark hard oily spots on the powder. I keep my brushes pretty clean and I have never had this happen before with another powder. This is way too $$ for that. I actually prefer the lower end guerlain terracotta bronzers. This might go back to the store since I hoard the boxes.

on 7/6/2013 8:07:00 AM

Two words come to mind when reviewing this bronzer: expensive and amazing!! That´s about it, you pay a lot of money but you get an amazing product that offers amazing results.

The quality of the powder is superb, sooo creamy and buttery, no powder effect at all. It sinks in your skin and all you can see is the effect but not the product itself and that´s what I am looking for. The duration is quite good, but I haven´t tested it for so many hours.... so I have not had opportunity to test it for more than 5-6 hours.

Overall I love this product. Yes, it is expensive but it is also luxurious, very good quality and you can use it all year long. I would, definitely, recommend it and will for sure repurchase it.

on 6/26/2013 10:52:00 PM

I bought this on the internet for about $65 AU, which isn't too bad considering how much it really costs at department stores. I have this in 02 for brunettes and use it mostly for contouring and sometimes as a bronzer in summer. I particularly love this as a contouring bronzer, because it contains four different tones of brown which can be mixed or used individually to sculpt your face. Without using this product, my face looks flat, pale and dull. But When I contour my face with this and MAC 168 brush around my cheek bones, temples and forehead, WOW I look like I have a smaller face!! or should I say it makes my face look three dimensional ~!!! I wish I'd discovered this product earlier.. it really makes you look like a million bucks and gives you a subtle luminous glow..* although it's a matt power (I think the house of Guerlain is just an expert at making powders etc). I really recommend it if you want to invest in a high quality, customisable bronzer! I'm sure it'll last for about 2-3 years! for sure!