LUSH It's Raining Men

4.3

Honey, Rosehip, Lotus flowers, Tiger Lily Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Water, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Methylparaben *occurs naturally in essential oils

on 5/25/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I generally have a problem with odd and quirky names for cosmetic products and it goes without saying that the same applies to this one. However, the product itself is great! It smells delicious, lathers well and the smell even lingers a bit after showering. Another pro is that it actually moisturizes.

The smell can be compared with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap bar but unlike the bar the gel lathers well as I mentioned before, it doesn't have a drying effect on the skin and the smell slightly lingers. I do have to take one lippie of for the price though because it's way too high.

Will repurchase!

on 5/22/2014 11:52:00 AM

I've always liked gourmand scents and this pleases me very much. The scent is quite strong as others have mentioned, but after rinsing it's lighter (definitely still noticeable). I find the last drops nicest to use as the honey seems to sink to the bottom of the bottle. Honey scent is not at all artificial. I don't think it's hydrating on my skin, which at times can be very very dry (especially during freezing Northern Europe winters), but it does seem to prevent further drying. I would always still moisturize after this.

on 5/22/2014 5:48:00 AM

there's really nothing more that I could say that hasn't already been said.

1) this shower gel smells AMAZING. it smells like how I'd imagine The Land of Milk and Honey to smell like. It's not just sweet, it also smells almost creamy.

2) the scent lingers but isn't overpowering

3) it lathers very well even without a loofah

4) it's very moisturising and it leaves my skin feeling soft.

5) it is a bit pricey but just for the scent alone, it's worth it.

I will definitely be repurchasing, the largest size!

on 5/15/2014 4:31:00 PM

I love this shower gel. I got a 100ml bottle as a gift, used it up, and have since purchased it myself. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that for 100ml, at 4.50 pounds it's a bit pricey, but the larger sizes work out to a better value and last a long time.

It's very moisturizing, which I love, as the skin on my body is quite dry. A lot of the time I don't even feel the need to apply moisturizer after having showered with this. A little goes a long way, it's easy to pour out too much. It lathers up very well and very quickly and feels a little creamy, yet cleansing and pampering on the skin. I believe that is because of all the honey in it.

The scent: I love the scent. I was a bit apprehensive at first because when you pour it out it's quite strong, (not as strong as Imperial Leather scents, mind you) but once you rinse off, a very pleasant, milder version of it lingers on the skin and it just smells delicious, like honey or a sweet delicious pastry. Did not dry me out at all, on the contrary. No bad reaction whatsoever either.

Normally I steer clear of heavily scented shower gels, but because this is mostly made of natural ingredients and is so moisturizing, which my skin badly needs, I went back to it as soon as I used up the first bottle. Other than the slightly steep price, I have only good things to say about this, and strongly recommend it to those out there with dry skin.

on 5/14/2014 5:52:00 PM

Another LUSH product that I bought for the ingredients and performance, even though I didn't care for the smell. I just got the 3.3 ounce in case I ended up hating the smell. I am not usually a fan of sweet fragrances or for that matter food-ey scents either. I don't like my lotions or body washes to smell like something I want to eat. Especially candy. Yuck. The thought of a toffee smelling body wash was a huge turn off. But it has the most moisturizing ingredients of all LUSH's shower gels. The first ingredient is honey(!) so I picked it over Flying Fox and Olive Branch, both of which I liked the scent of more. Well you can certainly tell it has lots of honey. It lathers, but not as much as a typical shower gel IMO. That is fine with me as long as it leaves my skin soft and not dry. And it certainly accomplishes this. My skin feels super smooth after using. I can even get away without using lotion. And the smell really isn't too sweet. It's more sophisticated than I expected. After I get out of the shower, it's more like a light honey smell than toffee. And I love honey :) may actually buy the full size when I run out.

on 4/29/2014 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: . The smell is heavenly . A tiny bit goes a long way as the lather is incredible. Using a 250ml bottle every day for six weeks and I still have enough for at least two more weeks . Very moisturising and cleans your body very well . Cleans hair surprisingly well . Soothes razor rash like a dream Cons: . The price! £9 for a 250ml bottle! . Smell isn't strong when washed off

on 4/26/2014 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is WONDERFUL! It smells like salted caramel toffee and is one of the most moisturizing body washes I've ever used. I even debated putting on body lotion after my shower because I felt like I didn't need it! My skin felt so soft, it lathered wonderfully, and the scent was super light, but sweet. You can only smell it if you get really close! Definitely buying again!

on 11/21/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a thick, honey-based shower gel with a sweet toffee scent with a hint of orange and flowers. The scent is supposed to be the same as in HIWTK soap, but I personally think the soap smells a bit better. I'm not a fan of overly sweet scents, and sometimes this is a little too much for me. However, as a shower gel it's awesome, without a doubt the best I've ever tried, and I really like to have some around all the time. I've never had a shower gel that leaves my skin as soft as this one does. It's very gentle, and even suits my acne-prone skin, leaving it feeling moisturized but not coated or oily at all. In fact, my skin seems much clearer when I've been using It's Raining Men. I also find it suitable for shaving, which is not the case for me with most shower gels. All in all, this is a great option for sensitive skins of any type, as long as you can tolerate the sweet scent.

on 11/2/2013 9:38:00 AM

I love this! I was using Dove body wash, and noticed my skin was starting to get dried out. I bought this because the first ingredient was honey, and I'm so so pleased with it. My skin is no longer ashy, and I've been using this every day for a month and have barely put a dent in it. The consistency is very thick, and makes a great shaving medium when you lather it on. My husband was put off by the name of this, but he loves it too :] I use this in conjunction with their coco lotion, and my skin looks and feels great.

on 10/19/2013 11:19:00 PM

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!? Before Honey I Washed the Kids, I NEVER used bar soap on my body in the shower. Once I smelt, that delicious, sweet smell, that changed however and I became a dedicated bar soap user. THAT WAS BEFORE I SMELT THIS BODY SOAP! I am in love. It is identical to my beloved bar soap. So now I have removed my Honey I Washed the Kids soap from my shower, and put it back by the sink to use to wash my hands where it belongs.

I love It's Raining Men. The smell is enough to make me a life time buyer, I am not even joking. It's also more than just an amazing smell. It is a really thick consistency, which I have discovered means that I have to use significantly less to get an amazing lather. When I use this soap, my skin feels so soft and clean, I love it!

Currently I have the 3.3 ounce bottle which cost me 9.95 USD which admittedly is a bit expensive for a shower gel, but I have been using the same tiny bottle daily for about two months and have a little more than half left. I plan on purchasing the large bottle next time I go to LUSH since it is a better deal and will last me forever.