December 18, 2014 | 1791 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and I loved it, unfortunately I can't find it in my country, I bought it traveling to Canada, so... I came back and saw the price of this foundation and I couldn't believe it, I had to try it.
My skin is light with yellow undertones, so I choose the shade Warm Ivory, usually "Ivory" shades are too light or too pink for me but this was actually fine, it surprised me.
The first time I used it with my moisturizer I kinda felt I was slightly orange, the foundation oxidized a little bit, but overall it looked good, however I felt it was light-medium coverage, a least comparing it with my Covergirl 3 in 1, the covergirl definitely has more coverage in my opinion, maybe because I used a small quantity of product and applied it with my beauty blender sponge... I also noticed the lasting power is not very long, this will come off after a few hours, while my other foundations hold up more.
I used it today again without my moisturizer and I didn't experienced oxidation, looked good and natural matching my skin.
The price of this foundation is awesome, looks really good, has no scent, this gets the job done.
I would recommend using a primer to extend the lasting power, and if your foundation oxidizes, maybe it's because you're mixing it with a product that does not agree with it.
Overall, good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this when I ran out of my usual foundation and this one was crazy cheap. I have long days where I'm usually putting makeup on in the morning and hoping it'll last through college classes, working in an elementary school, and then whatever I end up doing after work. It could be midnight before I'm getting around to taking my makeup off. And this $4 cheapie holds up! I was a Revlon colorstay addict before finding this, it doesn't feel as thick, has a more natural finish in my opinion, and lasts! My skin is a little oily so I do usually touch up the powder in the middle of the day, by the time I wash it off it may look a little less than perfect, but I don't even mind it because of the price. Seriously, for a $4 foundation to do that good of a job, give it a try. And even if it ends up rubbing off a little in the evening, I still call it a steal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I was visiting my relatives a couple thousand miles away and realized that I forgot to pack my foundation! so, I grabbed this on a whim since I just needed a quick replacement and it was really inexpensive. I'm so glad I did!
First off, I must say that I am in love with the spatula applicator. When it comes to liquid foundations, I dot the product on my face and then blend it out with a brush. Usually, I'm pretty annoyed with having to dip my finger in a liquid foundation and having residue left over on my finger, so the spatula applicator is really nice for avoiding that issue!
I was so surprised to see how much coverage this foundation offered after I blended it out. All my problem areas were completely gone and my skin looked flawless! The colour match was pretty close, too. It's nothing I could complain about.
I often forget to use primer, so I only dust my face with some loose powder after foundation and by the end of the day it had oxidized just tiny little bit, but I didn't really mind because the coverage was still there and it still looked pretty flawless!
Once I got home I actually replaced my foundation I was using before with this one because I loved this one so much.
I like experimenting with new products all the time, so I probably won't immediately repurchase. But if there aren't any new foundations that appeal to me once I finish this bottle, I'd buy this one again for sure!!

EDIT: this stuff transfers onto clothing sooooooo bad. it's ridiculous. because of that I really don't think its my HG foundation anymore..I'm taking off a lippie for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This foundation was average, nothing special. I wish this had worked since the price is right and I like the majority of rimmel products I have tried.
Pros:
Price
Nice satin finish

Cons:
the lightest color is to dark for my pasty irish skin
Applicator is inconvenient
I found i had to put on a lot to get the coverage I wanted

I will not be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually received this product for free, however, it is only $3.97 at Walmart. I apply this particular foundation with my fingers and I find it to be very creamy and light. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with oily and/or acne prone skin as it stays matte for quite a while and my sensitive skin didn't have any negative reactions to it and it didn't clog my pores. It does a nice job of evening out uneven skin, and even covering minor blemishes without needing concealer. If you are someone who has spots, blemishes, redness, etc., that usually requires more attention to conceal, this foundation will give you a decent base to start with. Be careful because it dries pretty quick! The packaging is different in that it is a glass bottle with a twist off cap and wand. It's like a little paddle. I'm not sure how hygienic it is, but it really allows you to get the exact amount you want. I'm 27 and have the the beginnings of lines and wrinkles and I love that this product didn't settle in my lines as so many foundations do! I would recommend for oily skin and individuals who want a light-wearing, long-lasting, foundation that has very decent coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

I really like this foundation. First off, I have the colour soft beige, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing at all - maybe it's just the darker shades that oxidize? The packaging is a little weird... I'd prefer if it came with a pump instead of a spatula. Once it's out of the bottle, I find it dries very fast, so I have to apply it to my face in sections otherwise it is hard to blend evenly. It's medium coverage but it does a good job at concealing the major redness I get in my cheeks. Stays on well with primer. Con: it can feel really heavy when you first apply it. Other than that, I think it's great. It matches me perfectly, stays on all day with primer, and I've even received compliments on my "flawless" skin. I just ordered a beauty blender so I'm looking forward to trying it with that.

I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and it's definitely my favourite foundation. Give it a go if you have a chance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The only good thing about this foundation is the nice texture. Other than that, this foundation is horrible, absolutely a waste of time. I put on a shade lighter than my own skin and within minutes it oxidised to a hideous orangey shade. I tried one shade even lighter, which made me look like a ghost and within minutes again, it turned orange too. It looks streaky, unnatural and like you got sprayed in the face with bronzer. I can't comment on staying power or anything because I washed it off within an hour and wouldn't go near this ever again. There are so many better options in this price range, I wouldn't bother even trying this out.

Also, if you have yellow undertones, forget about it. The shades are not yellow enough for my skin. The oxidisation is the biggest issue really, so no matter what shade you choose it ends up somehow darker. Then separates and pools, again this is within the hour I wore it. It looks unnatural no matter what, not skin-like at all. If you do try this, have a look in natural light 20 minutes after applying and I can almost guarantee you won't come back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by inspirit11993

Stay away from this is you have oily skin!!!! I bought the two lightest shades thinking that one had to match me but this oxidized really badly. The staying power also sucks... after wearing it for about 3 hours, it had begun to break down. I do however like the packing. At first I thought that the little spatula thing was odd but it's actually pretty cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why all the hate? I Love this! as a person with acne who needs coverage, I wear this quite often!! It is FIVE dollars!! It lasts well only if you have a Primer!!! The packaging is so cute, it comes with a nifty lil spatula!! No scent no breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by amera5151

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation! It is by far my favourite drugstore foundation ever!! I'm more of a MAC girl but I just wanted to rave about this product. The texture is that of a creamy foundation, my only wish is that it would have been runnier, but since it was a matte finish I knew that it was good. I got it in the shade 340 nude and it matches me perfectly!

For swatches and more info, check out my blog