October 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This foundation was average, nothing special. I wish this had worked since the price is right and I like the majority of rimmel products I have tried.
Pros:
Price
Nice satin finish

Cons:
the lightest color is to dark for my pasty irish skin
Applicator is inconvenient
I found i had to put on a lot to get the coverage I wanted

I will not be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually received this product for free, however, it is only $3.97 at Walmart. I apply this particular foundation with my fingers and I find it to be very creamy and light. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with oily and/or acne prone skin as it stays matte for quite a while and my sensitive skin didn't have any negative reactions to it and it didn't clog my pores. It does a nice job of evening out uneven skin, and even covering minor blemishes without needing concealer. If you are someone who has spots, blemishes, redness, etc., that usually requires more attention to conceal, this foundation will give you a decent base to start with. Be careful because it dries pretty quick! The packaging is different in that it is a glass bottle with a twist off cap and wand. It's like a little paddle. I'm not sure how hygienic it is, but it really allows you to get the exact amount you want. I'm 27 and have the the beginnings of lines and wrinkles and I love that this product didn't settle in my lines as so many foundations do! I would recommend for oily skin and individuals who want a light-wearing, long-lasting, foundation that has very decent coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

I really like this foundation. First off, I have the colour soft beige, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing at all - maybe it's just the darker shades that oxidize? The packaging is a little weird... I'd prefer if it came with a pump instead of a spatula. Once it's out of the bottle, I find it dries very fast, so I have to apply it to my face in sections otherwise it is hard to blend evenly. It's medium coverage but it does a good job at concealing the major redness I get in my cheeks. Stays on well with primer. Con: it can feel really heavy when you first apply it. Other than that, I think it's great. It matches me perfectly, stays on all day with primer, and I've even received compliments on my "flawless" skin. I just ordered a beauty blender so I'm looking forward to trying it with that.

I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and it's definitely my favourite foundation. Give it a go if you have a chance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The only good thing about this foundation is the nice texture. Other than that, this foundation is horrible, absolutely a waste of time. I put on a shade lighter than my own skin and within minutes it oxidised to a hideous orangey shade. I tried one shade even lighter, which made me look like a ghost and within minutes again, it turned orange too. It looks streaky, unnatural and like you got sprayed in the face with bronzer. I can't comment on staying power or anything because I washed it off within an hour and wouldn't go near this ever again. There are so many better options in this price range, I wouldn't bother even trying this out.

Also, if you have yellow undertones, forget about it. The shades are not yellow enough for my skin. The oxidisation is the biggest issue really, so no matter what shade you choose it ends up somehow darker. Then separates and pools, again this is within the hour I wore it. It looks unnatural no matter what, not skin-like at all. If you do try this, have a look in natural light 20 minutes after applying and I can almost guarantee you won't come back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by inspirit11993

Stay away from this is you have oily skin!!!! I bought the two lightest shades thinking that one had to match me but this oxidized really badly. The staying power also sucks... after wearing it for about 3 hours, it had begun to break down. I do however like the packing. At first I thought that the little spatula thing was odd but it's actually pretty cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why all the hate? I Love this! as a person with acne who needs coverage, I wear this quite often!! It is FIVE dollars!! It lasts well only if you have a Primer!!! The packaging is so cute, it comes with a nifty lil spatula!! No scent no breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by amera5151

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation! It is by far my favourite drugstore foundation ever!! I'm more of a MAC girl but I just wanted to rave about this product. The texture is that of a creamy foundation, my only wish is that it would have been runnier, but since it was a matte finish I knew that it was good. I got it in the shade 340 nude and it matches me perfectly!

For swatches and more info, check out my blog

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by shmeckley

This is the best drug store liquid foundation.it didn't turn orange after a while.it leaves my face looking flawless.my goodness this stuff is nice for a cheap price.I can only find it at walmart.if u want a more dewy look don't use the matte one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SallySan

I have been using high end foundations for as long as I could remember, which has been costing me a fortune. A bottle of Nars foundation would cost me about $55(CAD). I decided it was time for me to ditch the high end foundations and try drug store cosmetics. My first choice of foundation was the Rimmel Matt clean finish because it was on sale at shoppers drug mart for $5.99. The foundation did give a flawless finish when first applying it on but after a few hours, it started to look dry and awful. If you have dry skin then stay away from this foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by megannduffett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally do not like this product. I was looking for a new foundation, and I decided to try this product out. The foundation seems heavy on my face, even when I'm wearing very little. I also feel like this product gives little coverage, despite how much I apply. The packaging and applicator looks messy as well. Overall,I'm not a huge fan of this product.