October 21, 2014 | 2166 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This was an impulse buy and I will probably be returning it. these kind of primers never work for me but my skin isn't very red anyways. eh, not my fav product. especially for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by x1MissWorld1x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Ever since I was a kid, I've had pink cheeks that would turn to a very prominent shade of red at the slightest activity, embarrassment, just about anything really. I've recently discovered the Smashbox color corrector and have loved, and used it daily ever since. I like that it is light, yet buildable. It gives your face a very thin green tint (to counter the redness) which doesn't show at all when you go on and wear your foundation.

Also, I developed Rosacea after hitting 30, and this has been a great help at keeping the redness hidden. I recommend this to anyone who wants to control/hide an overall redness, compared to spot coverage that requires a full-on concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this and then returned it a week later because while it may have (I couldn't really tell, honestly) helped reduce redness, it dried out my skin and makeup looked horrible over it. It felt smooth and slightly powdery on my skin after it was applied, but once any makeup tried to go over it, started pilling up in little balls on my face. Gross. Makeup didn't apply smoothly at all -- it was flat out impossible to get a nice, smooth look with this primer.

I cannot believe how much people have raved over this product when I just genuinely hated it. Most of the time I can see how certain products just don't work well with my skin/hair/coloring/etc. but this product seems really rotten. I can't imagine who it would work well for.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by andiemarie

Disappointed with this product. It got rid of some of the redness on my face, and I liked the finish both under and without my foundation, but after just 2 uses, it made my skin break out horribly. Luckily, I was only using a sample. Will not be purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by maggiexox

I have extremely red cheeks. This product is able to disguise this amazingly well!! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation over it, which will last all day and the primer gives it an amazing finish. I love love love this primer!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

Mixed bag. The green primer evens out skin tone, but can leave you looking matte and sickly. It aged my skin and brought out lines on my forehead that aren't visible when I'm not wearing makeup. I recently started using Korres Quercetin primer and noticed that it gives my skin a better glow and conceals fine lines rather than highlighting them. I like the thickness of Smashbox, as it helps cover pores, but it can also ball up if you're already wearing moisturizer. I would recommend it to cover up redness, but its drying and aging effects may not be worth the skin-tone benefits. My face is always dry the day after using it. On the plus side, it isn't oily and never breaks me out, and it looks lovely on noses (mine tends to get a bit red after a glass of wine).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by simplygirlicious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a review for the green correcting primer. I really like using this primer, especially for an event where I know I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures. I have lupus, and part of that is a malar (butterfly) rash. This means my skin is pretty dry and bright pink on my cheeks and across my nose, in the shape of a butterfly. I start by putting Photo Finish in green over a very well moisturized face, but after the redness from the irritation of putting my sensitive skin moisturizer on fades down. The joy of lupus face, ugh! Anyway, after putting on Photo Finish Color Correcting primer, I can see my skin is toned down a lot. I don't want to lose all my color and look like a ghost, so I'm happy that it doesn't cover too much. I've used green primers (Make Up Forever) in the past that have left me with a sickly pallor from being too opaque. It's super smooth and leaves my skin perfect for applying concealer and foundation. A little bit goes a long way, so the bottle lasts forever. It doesn't feel heavy on and my skin is no drier when I remove it than I was when I started. I plan on keeping this stocked in my makeup bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nsr

I have used Smashbox regular primer and I liked it which is why I decided to try this...I like how smooth it makes my face feel but the corrector part is a little lacking. It does not do enough to get rid of my redness...I would have to use a lot more product to get the result I need. I will probably get something where I can spot treat my problem areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this primer. It lessens ruddiness. I sometimes wear this "green" primer alone after washing and moisturizing my face. I have also used it under Pur Minerals & Stila tinted moisturizers. It doesn't necessarily get rid of all redness, but it greatly reduces it. I have sensitive skin and it has not irritated it. I have bought the full size (1 ounce) for around $38. I just got some of the smaller size (0.40 ounces) on sale at Ulta for $10 (9/22/12). The smaller size normally runs $17. One day, a coworker commented on how "green" I looked. I was horrified, because I had on this primer. As I stood in shock and asked what she meant, she mentioned the bright green shirt I was wearing. Whew! She had me worried for a minute. I tried other green "color correcting" makeup before and it was so cakey and green looking, I had to wash it off. This is the only "green" color correcting primer I have tried that looks transparent on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this has been a staple for years. i have acne prone skin, but it's never broken me out. upon applying, my skin immediately looks a lot nicer. I wear foundation every day, so i guess even though this counteracts redness, you wouldn't be able to tell due to my foundation covering it up. considering getting the light clear formula until i feel like my skin is good enough to not have to wear foundation with (like that will ever happen). It's expensive at sephora, but i buy it online for $16 including shipping.