April 19, 2014 | 1653 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - RESIST- Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought most of this line to see if it would help my very mild yet persistent acne. I have super sensitive and dry skin and i really think this line calmed it down. Its a thick white lotion that comes out of the bottle. I rub it around for about thirst seconds and then rinse it off. The only reason i didn't give it a perfect score is because it says it removes all traces of makeup but its actually the worse cleanser I've ever tried for makeup removal. I guess thats just the trade off. Id repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year and noticed great improvements in my skin tone, texture and radiance. This cleanser is so comfortable on your skin and removes heavy make-up, including eye makeup. I am really, really happy with it. It is quite pricey and for that reason I will try one of the other cleansers from the same brand to see if they are equally good at a lower price ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by vs3

At first I liked this cleanser. I have sensitive skin prone to the rare breakout. It feels luxurious and soft but unfortunately it has caused multiple breakouts in the 3 weeks I have used it, after nearly a year of hardly any. I'm going back to Peter Thomas Roth's Gentle Cleanser. It also feels soft but is lighter in texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser I've ever used! It completely removes my makeup and leaves my combo skin feeling smooth, hydrated and baby-bottom soft. I love that it contains only ingredients clinically proven to be good for your skin and is fragrance-free. The luxurious, creamy texture makes washing my face a real pleasure. It's reasonably priced for the excellent quality. My HG cleanser, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser after I have taken my make up off with make up remover. It cleanses wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kimm

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I've been using a handful of sample packets for a few weeks. I have normal-dry, rosacea-afflicted skin that is extremely sensitive. This has caused no irritation, and combined with the matching toner, my skin is calmer than it has been for some time.

As others have noted, it does tend to sting slightly around the eyes. I do use a separate eye makeup remover. It has thoroughly removed my other makeup (foundation, powder, blush), which surprised me given the medium consistency lotion texture. It does not dry my skin out in the morning, yet thoroughly cleanses at night. It does not leave that heavy, coated, and/or dirty feeling that some cleansers marketed toward dry-ish skin tend to do, nor does it every leave my skin feeling dry, irritated, or rough. I will be buying the full size once my current cleanser runs out.

Other cleansers I enjoy are First Aid Beauty Cleanser, Clinique Liquid Facial Soap and Liquid Extra Mild Soap, Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ronhynesfan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hi. I am a 55 year old woman who is concerned about aging skin. I tried this cleanser and absolutely love it. Using this product along with the Resist toner - I can see there is quite a noticeable improvement in the way my skin looks - I have more of this on order and will definitely keep using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very expensive product for something you wash down the drain. It takes a couple of pumpfuls to remove makeup and, even then, it doesn't get all of it. One of the ingredients (PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate) may not be safe for use on injured or damaged skin. Some of the other ingredients are less than completely safe. Again, because you wash it down the drain, you might not be at unusual risk, but I prefer to minimize my exposure to toxins wherever and whenever I can.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ybabe

Very impressed with this cleanser! It's gentle and effective and very comfortable to use on my sensitive rosacea prone skin. Rinses easily with warm water.

Some fragrance-free products have a bad smell, but this cleanser doesn't seem to have much of a scent at all. I actually don't find it super hydrating, but it's not drying either.

The only small negative is I find it stings my eyes a little if I don't rinse it immediately from my eyes. It's not a major problem, I still use it to remove eye makeup, I just have to make sure I rinse promptly.

I use it with or without my Clarisonic Mia, and follow it up with the Resist Replenishing Toner, which I also really like. Perfect!

The price is quite reasonable compared to high end brands like Babor or Sothys, and this cleanser is every bit as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Fatang

I absolutely LOVE this product. A few months ago my skin decided to change its mind about being super oily, and decided to be sensitive and truly combo (hello oil-soaked nose, peeling cheeks, and red bumps galore). I embarked on a whirlwind search for anything that wouldn't further aggravate and strip my skin of moisture without contributing to my growing collection of blemishes. This led to natural home remedies (yogurt, honey, etc) HE (Clinique, Caudalie, etc) & DS (list just about everything here), all to no avail. Then one day I decided to try this product as a last resort (not really a fan of ordering online if I can help it) and I was floored. It took my makeup off without taking the rest of my face with it, and my skin felt clean and.....balanced! Of course I still get the random breakout here and there if it's that time of month or if I forgo face-washing due to fatigue (bad, I know), but my skin feels comfortable again. Not a fan of the small bottle, price tag, or ordering online but I will always repurchase for as long as it's available :)