Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient thickener), Decyl Glucoside (cleansing agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent/emulsifier), PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agents),Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol (thickeners), Polyacrylamide (binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent), Sapindus Mukurossi (Soapberry) Peel Extract (foaming agent), Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 8/14/2012 4:30:00 AM

Actually my mom is the one who use this on daily basis,
But one day i ever went out of town and i forgot to bring my own cleanser and fortunately my mom bring this.
Yes,i'm one of Paula Begoun fan. I used their Clear range set,the gel moisturizer and 8% AHA gel.
And this cleanser is the 'cream' type,not gel or liquidy like most of cleanser, not lather much just clean your face perfectly.
But for me, still i love the Normalizing cleanser (from the Clear range of Paula's Choice) because i feel that it clean my face better,
My only grip is the pump sometimes hard to push,
And for the price is quite pricey and the shipping cost too much and tax and those makes this cleanser way too expensive
But besides those complain,it's still a good cleanser

on 7/29/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Aloe Vera Cleansing Cream from the Body Shop for years. The problem with that cleanser is that you have to use it on dry skin. After sports I prefer to use a cleanser that I can use in the shower (on wet skin), so I bought this. My skin is sensitive acne rosacea prone and oily. I don't use a lot of make-up, just mascara and some blusher.
I use this cleanser for 3 weeks now and for me it cleanses perfectly.
But I realised today that the breakouts and dry skin that I experienced the past weeks are due to this cleanser, because it is the only thing that I have changed.
I get more and more P&P, my skin looks red and I have an eczema rash in my neck, what I normally never have.
Actually I could have known because my skin is always reacting bad to cleansers that have sulfactants in them, but I hoped that the decyl glucoside would be fine, but it isn't.
Back to the Aloe Vera Cream Cleanser, again.

I bought most of this line to see if it would help my very mild yet persistent acne. I have super sensitive and dry skin and i really think this line calmed it down. Its a thick white lotion that comes out of the bottle. I rub it around for about thirst seconds and then rinse it off. The only reason i didn't give it a perfect score is because it says it removes all traces of makeup but its actually the worse cleanser I've ever tried for makeup removal. I guess thats just the trade off. Id repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year and noticed great improvements in my skin tone, texture and radiance. This cleanser is so comfortable on your skin and removes heavy make-up, including eye makeup. I am really, really happy with it. It is quite pricey and for that reason I will try one of the other cleansers from the same brand to see if they are equally good at a lower price ;-)

on 3/11/2012 10:02:00 AM

At first I liked this cleanser. I have sensitive skin prone to the rare breakout. It feels luxurious and soft but unfortunately it has caused multiple breakouts in the 3 weeks I have used it, after nearly a year of hardly any. I'm going back to Peter Thomas Roth's Gentle Cleanser. It also feels soft but is lighter in texture.

on 2/25/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best cleanser I've ever used! It completely removes my makeup and leaves my combo skin feeling smooth, hydrated and baby-bottom soft. I love that it contains only ingredients clinically proven to be good for your skin and is fragrance-free. The luxurious, creamy texture makes washing my face a real pleasure. It's reasonably priced for the excellent quality. My HG cleanser, for sure.

on 2/15/2012 11:54:00 PM

I use this cleanser after I have taken my make up off with make up remover. It cleanses wonderfully.

on 1/29/2012 9:01:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. I've been using a handful of sample packets for a few weeks. I have normal-dry, rosacea-afflicted skin that is extremely sensitive. This has caused no irritation, and combined with the matching toner, my skin is calmer than it has been for some time.

As others have noted, it does tend to sting slightly around the eyes. I do use a separate eye makeup remover. It has thoroughly removed my other makeup (foundation, powder, blush), which surprised me given the medium consistency lotion texture. It does not dry my skin out in the morning, yet thoroughly cleanses at night. It does not leave that heavy, coated, and/or dirty feeling that some cleansers marketed toward dry-ish skin tend to do, nor does it every leave my skin feeling dry, irritated, or rough. I will be buying the full size once my current cleanser runs out.

Other cleansers I enjoy are First Aid Beauty Cleanser, Clinique Liquid Facial Soap and Liquid Extra Mild Soap, Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, Cetaphil.

on 1/25/2012 9:22:00 AM

Hi. I am a 55 year old woman who is concerned about aging skin. I tried this cleanser and absolutely love it. Using this product along with the Resist toner - I can see there is quite a noticeable improvement in the way my skin looks - I have more of this on order and will definitely keep using this.

on 1/23/2012 10:12:00 PM

This is a very expensive product for something you wash down the drain. It takes a couple of pumpfuls to remove makeup and, even then, it doesn't get all of it. One of the ingredients (PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate) may not be safe for use on injured or damaged skin. Some of the other ingredients are less than completely safe. Again, because you wash it down the drain, you might not be at unusual risk, but I prefer to minimize my exposure to toxins wherever and whenever I can.