Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient thickener), Decyl Glucoside (cleansing agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent/emulsifier), PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agents),Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol (thickeners), Polyacrylamide (binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent), Sapindus Mukurossi (Soapberry) Peel Extract (foaming agent), Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate (cleansing agent), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

I have been using a daily facial cleaner and 2% BHA by PC thanks to reviews on here. My skin looked great. But as I hit midlife I wanted more help with anti aging. So when the resist line came out I was like cool - just what I needed from a skin care company that I love. I used the cleanser for about 6 months. My face deteriorated. More face acne, more little white bumps under the skin, more neck acne. I kept thinking it was my shampoo which is Aveda and something I had used for 10+ years with no issues. One day on vacation I realized - duh maybe my resist cleanser and moisturizer? I went cold turkey on resist. My face cleared up, my neck did as well. I then moved back to my old PC daily cleanser and 2% BHA. My face is worlds better. I feel like an idiot. I just never thought the new cleanser could cause so much acne. As they say "if it aint broke don't fix it".

I am a redhead with sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Me: Normal to dry rosacea skin. Mature with fine lines. Combination in the summer.

I hated this cleanser before but recently tried it again and I think it has changed. I like it better now. It has a lighter texture, is hydrating but is rinsable, and removes makeup. And I don't need a washcloth with this now. Totally different experience than before. So this has become my morning cleanser for summer and will probably become my full-time winter cleanser. I am really liking the Resist line, and can use many of the products even though they have soy and or retinol, 2 products that often bother my skin.

Very creamy and effective. I've used four different Paula's Choice cleansers (not counting samples), and all are excellent. This was the creamiest and thickest of the bunch. Takes off makeup in one pass, does not burn my eyes, and leaves my skin soft. No bothersome fragrance. I personally prefer a slightly more milky cleanser, so I probably won't repurchase this, but if I ever develop truly dry skin, this will go back to the top of my list.

Actually my mom is the one who use this on daily basis,
But one day i ever went out of town and i forgot to bring my own cleanser and fortunately my mom bring this.
Yes,i'm one of Paula Begoun fan. I used their Clear range set,the gel moisturizer and 8% AHA gel.
And this cleanser is the 'cream' type,not gel or liquidy like most of cleanser, not lather much just clean your face perfectly.
But for me, still i love the Normalizing cleanser (from the Clear range of Paula's Choice) because i feel that it clean my face better,
My only grip is the pump sometimes hard to push,
And for the price is quite pricey and the shipping cost too much and tax and those makes this cleanser way too expensive
But besides those complain,it's still a good cleanser

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Aloe Vera Cleansing Cream from the Body Shop for years. The problem with that cleanser is that you have to use it on dry skin. After sports I prefer to use a cleanser that I can use in the shower (on wet skin), so I bought this. My skin is sensitive acne rosacea prone and oily. I don't use a lot of make-up, just mascara and some blusher.
I use this cleanser for 3 weeks now and for me it cleanses perfectly.
But I realised today that the breakouts and dry skin that I experienced the past weeks are due to this cleanser, because it is the only thing that I have changed.
I get more and more P&P, my skin looks red and I have an eczema rash in my neck, what I normally never have.
Actually I could have known because my skin is always reacting bad to cleansers that have sulfactants in them, but I hoped that the decyl glucoside would be fine, but it isn't.
Back to the Aloe Vera Cream Cleanser, again.

I bought most of this line to see if it would help my very mild yet persistent acne. I have super sensitive and dry skin and i really think this line calmed it down. Its a thick white lotion that comes out of the bottle. I rub it around for about thirst seconds and then rinse it off. The only reason i didn't give it a perfect score is because it says it removes all traces of makeup but its actually the worse cleanser I've ever tried for makeup removal. I guess thats just the trade off. Id repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year and noticed great improvements in my skin tone, texture and radiance. This cleanser is so comfortable on your skin and removes heavy make-up, including eye makeup. I am really, really happy with it. It is quite pricey and for that reason I will try one of the other cleansers from the same brand to see if they are equally good at a lower price ;-)

At first I liked this cleanser. I have sensitive skin prone to the rare breakout. It feels luxurious and soft but unfortunately it has caused multiple breakouts in the 3 weeks I have used it, after nearly a year of hardly any. I'm going back to Peter Thomas Roth's Gentle Cleanser. It also feels soft but is lighter in texture.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best cleanser I've ever used! It completely removes my makeup and leaves my combo skin feeling smooth, hydrated and baby-bottom soft. I love that it contains only ingredients clinically proven to be good for your skin and is fragrance-free. The luxurious, creamy texture makes washing my face a real pleasure. It's reasonably priced for the excellent quality. My HG cleanser, for sure.

I use this cleanser after I have taken my make up off with make up remover. It cleanses wonderfully.