Too Faced Romantic Eye

4.1

on 8/11/2013 9:49:00 AM

this is a versatile and terrifically designed palette. all colors are highly pigmented and true to color in the pan. i especially love that u can create neutral, sweet, sultry and girly looks all from this palette! the light blue shimmer and green are very pleasant surprises, so is the matte grey and black. very good balance of matte and shimmer, and the packaging is gorgeous!

on 7/23/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was hoping more pigmentation from the pink shade. Overall very nice palette.
I like the packaging, it's cute!

Update: I haven't used this much.. Would not repurchase. Still sad about the not pigmented pink shade =(

One of my favourite palettes of all time! The colours are beautiful and go on wonderfully, giving you either a nice, neutral eye or a glam night time eye. The pigmentation is beutiful and i love the three highlight colours at the side, you just get so many great shadows all in one palette, loved this!

on 5/24/2013 12:05:00 PM

This is my fourth Too Faced e/s palette. I own the Natural, Naked and Matte collections and I love them all. I received the Romantic Eye palette as a gift from my bf and it is by far my favorite. Although it isn't advertised as such, this palette seems custom made for green eyes. The pink and purple shades in the middle row create an especially gorgeous look for my eye color (First Dance makes a superb liner as do all of the deepest shades). The other standout is Honeymoon, a stunning, gilded spring green that is unlike anything I own or have tried before (wish they made this shade solo-would definitely buy). I also think it's brilliant that Too Faced makes the three pale, creamy shades in every palette the largest since I use these the most as base and highlight shades. No other palette I've seen addresses this, so it's something that further elevates Too Faced palettes for me. Overall, this palette is particularly flattering for green eyes and it offers the most variation in shade range of any TF palette I've seen. Also well worth the price for the quantity and quality in my opinion.

on 2/5/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't know why there is so much hate on this palette. I own the Smoky eye palette as well and I'm in love with Too Faced eyeshadows now. I don't experience fallout with the colours, I find them pigmented and easy to blend. There are a variety of matte and shimmery shadows in this palette and gorgeous colours that all go well together. You could use these colours for an every day look and then switch it to a nighttime look with some of the darker colours. The packaging for this palette is gorgeous just like any other Too Faced palette. It has the little magnet flap that keeps it closed so it's perfect for travel. It also has little cards in the top that show you different kinds of looks to do with these colours which is perfect for beginners or to give someone some inspiration for a look. The only downside to this palette is that it is so dang expensive, especially in Canada. It's $36 in America and $46 in Canada...not fair lol. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants something light for everyday but slightly more done up than a neutral brown look.

on 1/18/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't understand what is going in with too faced palettes lately. I tried the naked eye kit and it was really dry and chalky and I couldn't get it to show up at all. Now I have the romantic eye kit and although the pigmentation is better, it's a chalky mess and the fallout is unbelievable. I can't do my foundation before applying these because of all the fallout I have to clean up. My neutral eye and smokey eye palettes by too faced were nothing like these two. They were great quality and I can't beleve they were even made by the same company.

on 10/14/2012 12:37:00 AM

I'm a college student who prefers not too natural, but barely done makeup looks. My aunt gave me this palette for gift. So far I love it!! First of all, the colors are divided into three sections for separate looks. For a beginner like me, this division helped me choose colors wisely. I use Fashion section for going out because the yellow and greenish eyeshadow really stand out in my opinion. It doesn't look cakey. Rather, it helps me blend the colors easily because of soft texture. I was surprised that this shadow goes on really smoothly on my eyes. I use the Day and Classic for daily looks. This eyeshadow is a perfect mix of shimmer and matte colors. If applied with an eyeshadow primer, it even lasts longer. I strongly recommend this to all the women who want something in between no-makeup makeup and all-out party night makeup.

on 9/17/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice palette, with a few reservations, the highlight shades are all probably too light for me (even as highlights), and they are the largest shades in the palette. My skin is quite pale and even I think I'd have trouble making them look flattering. The other shades are in much smaller pans, but are all more to my taste at least, the metallic shades in the bottom row of the palette are the ones I have used the most. There is no brush or applicator included, but the ones that come with palettes tend to be pretty useless anyway. My real problem with this palette is the packaging. It just looks really cheap. The overall design is okay, if a bit too pink and cutesy, but the box itself isn't that well made, it doesn't close entirely, and when it first arrived in the mail I assumed it was a knockoff (I got mine on eBay, they don't sell this brand in my country), but I've seen other examples and they all look like that. I just doesn't seem good enough for the price this retails for.

on 9/15/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm enjoying the colors in this palette! Well, the Day and Classic looks are what I'm using. I don't know that the other is for me...not fitting into my lifestyle currently, at any rate. There is a good bit of fallout from these shadows, so I'm applying before my other makeup, so I can clean up under my eyes. I don't usually use e/s as liner, but this is working just fine! I am pleased with the "staying power"...just took a nap and my eye m/u looks fine! I don't use an eye shadow primer (gasp!) , so I imagine I'll be even more pleased if I ever get around to that!
I do not like the packaging, but the getting six shadows I really like compensates for that. It's not that the packaging isn't sturdy, just...not aesthetically pleasing to me. I also find the price very reasonable, as I could spend a whole heck of a lot more trying and failing to put together colors that work well together. I just don't have that kind of time to spend! Overall, happy with this purchase.

on 7/5/2012 11:58:00 PM

As someone who used a Too Faced palette before (pixie pin-ups) I was thrilled to receive this as a gift. I tried the classic look right away and it turned out beautifully! As always with Too Faced shadows, the application was super smooth and easy to shade and blend. I had absolutely no problems with fall out. These colors are so pretty for a day to day fresh look. Can't wait to keep using it!

Popular Palettes