September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been wanting to try these for the longest, but I wasn't ever really impressed with the original line of colors they came in. Once I found out that some darker colors launched this year, I was alll over it!

I bought this in Copenhagen. In the tube, it's a dark maroon/burgundy color, with some purple undertones. Unlike the butter glosses, what you see is what you get for application! Yay!

This feels like a DREAM. It feels like lip gloss made of velvet. I love that this can be sheered out, if I wanted, or applied full force to get the color from the tube. This applies totally even. It doesn't cake on certain places on my lips either. Usually, I sheer this out for work, and it is a pretty berry/plum color.

The only thing that could be better is staying power. Don't get me wrong, It's pretty decent, but, it would be nice if these lasted a couple of hours. Maybe this because I wear it less opaque.When it does fade, it does evenly, and sometimes leave a hint of color. The stain usually doesn't last too long.

Overall, I LOVE these! I already have two more colors on the way!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the color Sydney, a beautiful purpley pink. It shows up exactly as it is on the applicator, which is even better.

I've found it actually doesn't dry out my lips too much. It doesn't seem mine dries down completely to a matte finish though, so I'm not sure about that but I don't mind it. The wear time is alright, too. It doesn't stain the lips and no smell.

My only issue is that its quite streaky and has a weird texture. That's why I took off two lippies, because it is quite an issue. It requires a bit of effort to perfect.

Overall, I really like it though. Especially the color!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sorayaso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NYX SMLC in Amsterdam was the first red lippie I've ever had, and I now plan on significantly adding to my SMLC collection! The formula is so creamy and smooth, and during application I find that it's almost pleasurable! The colors are terrifically opaque and pigmented. The sweet vanilla scent does not bother me and whenever I put this on, I feel extremely reminiscent! LOVE THIS. The shade 'Stockholm' is also the best nude I've come across so far for my skin tone. The doe-foot applicator could be a teeny bit smaller, and a transparent tube would be helpful to see how much product is left, but other than that, a foolproof lip product with amazing quality and also for an amazing price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I have finalized My pros and cons.

PROS:
•color pay off is great
•goes on very silky
•staying power is amazing

CONS:
•sets into creases and lines in lips
•after a few hours even though it does stay really well, it somewhat flakes
•don't use if lips are chapped

That's all I've really come up with while using this product. I probably would repurchase but I'm not sure yet... If you don't like this i recommend using the butter gloss'.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbeauty1065

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are amazinggg. I have 2 already. Istanbul and Milan. They are literally a cream! Like lipsticks blended up and put in a tube. It's lovely and smooth I think they are wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by veectoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These lip creams are a dream to apply. The doe foot applicator is actually not a hindrance at all! They really help with applying this cleanly onto your lips. Because these are matte, definitely exfoliate before you use these.

I have Antwerp, Ibiza and Prague. They're all beautiful and apply well. Antwerp is definitely a softer mauve pink, Ibiza pops more like a deeper pink and Prague is a medium berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these products and absolutely love them. Cheap, easy to apply, easy to wear, long-lasting, and the line has a great color selection. They're not drying like other matte lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I purchased two shades- San Paulo & Monte Carlo. The first thing that really drew my attention to these lipsticks, is the fact that they are meant to be matte, but still feel non drying and velvety. I felt skeptical about trying these, because I've rarely purchased matte lispticks that come with the advantage of not drying out the lips too much. However, I'm very glad that I took a chance in trying this lipstick. For the first few hours of wearing this lisptick (3-4 hours), i legit felt like I didn't have any lipstick on my lips-meaning it wasn't drying at all. When it comes to 8-10 hours of wearing it, that's when it becomes somewhat drying but that's such a long time, so im not complaining. The longevity is amazing, as it lasts me a good 8 hours, including eating and drinking. I find applying this product to be pretty easy, as the applicator is like your typical lip gloss applicator, and I find that to be a pro, as it gives me a boost in really outlining my lips to perfection. I sometimes also pair this lisptick with a lip liner, because I find that it makes my lips even richer in colour and even longer lasting. Another plus about this product is that it also gives your lips that fuller look, and I love that so much. The scent is nice(a light sweet vanilla scent), and the price is quite affordable ($12 each, Australian prices).

Overall, I really love this product, and I would definitely repurchase!! If you're looking for a nice matte lipstick that isn't too drying and has great longetivity, then please give this a go. There are a great range of colours to choose from, and they are reasonably priced, so yeah. Give them a go, because you could really end up loving them as much as I do :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

I have so many of these by now. I love them so much. I was kinda late on the new colors that they came out with. But I picked up the Athene nude color and another dark berry color (forgot the name) from the new collection. I have several other shades of these and I love them all. Yes they sometimes emphasize imperfections but it depends which color you get. My lighter/nude shades tend to settle into my lines which isn't cute but I just have to exfoliate before putting those colors on. Otherwise the darker colors go on beautifully and easily. They are the perfect consistency and pigmentation to me. I can sheer them out or layer them depending on how intense I want them to look on me. Lip balm underneath these babies and you're good to go. I've been a big fan of this line for years now. Love love love the scent and the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got 5 of these babies during the 4th of July sale ULTA had. All NYX products were 40% off! Wow what great timing. Just as I was eyeballing these lippies! 😍 The formula is great for the price! It's matte but not drying like a lot of matte lipsticks are. When you apply it on it feels like a thick mouse, and then when it dries you can barely tell you even have anything on your lips cause it's so light! Boy, let me tell you these lippies are PIGMENTED! The only suggestions I have is as follows: exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! This cream will settle into any crack or flake and it will be extremely visible! And if you have sensitive lips, don't reach for the darker shades because they have a strange firm/tight feeling.... I don't know exactly how to describe it but it you try it you'll know what I mean. It's nothing I've ever felt before with a lip product. But eventually as you go on with your day, you forget about the feeling....