April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THESE! They are so soft and smooth when applying, they are unlike any other product I've ever used. They dry matte and are really pigmented. I guess my only gripe is the fat applicator and the fact that they dont last too long on the lips. But still a superb product. Plus they smell like cake! If you're olive skinned like me, Monte Carlo, Antwerp and San Paulo will look great on you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are pretty damn wonderful.
I'd classify these as a liquid matte lipstick - packaged like a typical gloss, tidy, slim tube with a soft doe foot applicator, these hold a generous 8mL of product (about double a normal bullet lipstick) and apply very easily but may require a teeny tiny bit of effort to make them completely smooth. They "set" or dry down within about 20 - 30 seconds so you've got plenty of time to make sure your edges are tidy and even. If you have already dry lips, yep, these are going to settle into lines a wee bit and perhaps won't be the most flattering thing ever on really chapped areas, so that's something to keep in mind.
If you're a regular balm or gloss wearer, these might wear off a bit sooner if you layer other products over or under them but they usually last a good 4-5 hours on me and last reasonably well through a coffee or cold drink. Once you eat anything juicy or oily, these will wear off like a normal lipstick.
And they smell delicious!
The shades I have are...
Milan - light/medium dusky neutral pink
Sao Paulo - moderate berry mauve
Monte Carlo - semi sheer, slightly cool toned cherry red
Antwerp - warm peachy pink
Ibiza - vibrant coral rose
Prague - gorgeous deep plum berry
Cannes - pinky beige nude
There's a good mix of soft and wearable MLBB shades and vivid, striking pops of colour so there's something to suit just about everyone... if you like matte finish lip products (or even if you don't!), you should definitely check these out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by etherealcharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lip cream in the color Stockholm. It's my first time purchasing this matte lip cream. I was looking for a color that is not too striking and stockholm was perfect.

The color is lovely! It looks good with my skin so I'm not complaining.
The texture, pigmentation, the smell are all amazing.

The only con I have with this product is that you have to constantly re-apply it because it doesn't stay too long.

I love this product and I would buy it again. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by RandomFuture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Copenhagen (dark berry colour) and Transylvania (very dark purple). I love the range of colours and the price. I did have to order it online though as they don't sell the full colour range here in Australia. The doe foot applicator can make an even application a bit tricky though. They can be a little drying but they last for ages as long as your not eating anything too oily. I like these, probably would repurchase, I might get some more natural colours as well. Also I noticed where I had gone outside my lip line the colour did get a little flaky but I also had a lip gloss on so that could have caused it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by beautybabe10

if you're looking for matte colour for your lips, i think this lip cream is better than a lipstick because its more durable and the colours are amazing :) 'antwerp' is my fav

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the color, love the consistency, and I love the scent! It doesn't last very long though and needs constant reapplying however it is fun to reapply because the color is just lovely and it smells really nice. A bit drying though so make sure you moisturise your lips first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

Not my HG mainly because it cracks my lip a little after 1.5 hours of wearing it. I love the color selection. The product itself is very smooth and dries matte. But since I have naturally dry lips, it dried my lips out even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the color "Milan" and I absolutely love it. I exfoliated my lips before applying it and it went on perfectly. It stayed on even after eating and drinking. I plan on buying many more shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Halliroussell

I don't own anything else quite like this lip cream. It goes on silky and matte and lasts quite awhile. I originally bought this in Stockholm but ended up going back for Abu Dhabi, Istanbul, and Monte Carlo, love them! These also look good with a bit of gloss over them for a smooth finish that helps them last, but they take awhile to dry on your lips so you shouldn't put gloss on right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i am OBSESSED with NYX soft matte lip creams! i'm a makeup junkie but have been discouraged by other lipsticks because of my dry lips and deep vertical lines.... however these are PERFECT, especially for beginner lipstick wearers!

pros:
- does not emphasize dryness or deep lines
- forms a perfect stain even after eating (esp for bolder colours)
- does not fade blotchy
- easy to wear, lightweight and effortless
- classy yet low-maintenance look (not fussy like shimmery or glossy lipsticks)
- excellent price point
- lip liner not needed
- doesn't smear or smudge

cons:
- difficult to find outside of USA (it's been a PAIN trying to collect more colors)
- color stays true (to first application) only about 4 hours without eating (drinking ok)

colours I have:
- Amsterdam: truly versatile, got SO many compliments, it was the first time i ever wore a red lipstick and was a resounding success!
- San Paulo: a deep rose stain
- Milan: bright, bold, playful pink that's easy to wear

for reference:
- NC20 skin with quite neutral undertones
- Neutral blushes i wore with the bolder lips: MAC tenderling, Benefit Hervana or Sugarbomb

please oh please nyx! make it easier to ship internationalllyyyyyyyyyyy!

p/s: I have since tried the Revlon colorburst matte balms and.. the NYX SMLCs are WAYYYYY better, in my humble opinion :)