August 28, 2014 | 1626 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these products and absolutely love them. Cheap, easy to apply, easy to wear, long-lasting, and the line has a great color selection. They're not drying like other matte lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I purchased two shades- San Paulo & Monte Carlo. The first thing that really drew my attention to these lipsticks, is the fact that they are meant to be matte, but still feel non drying and velvety. I felt skeptical about trying these, because I've rarely purchased matte lispticks that come with the advantage of not drying out the lips too much. However, I'm very glad that I took a chance in trying this lipstick. For the first few hours of wearing this lisptick (3-4 hours), i legit felt like I didn't have any lipstick on my lips-meaning it wasn't drying at all. When it comes to 8-10 hours of wearing it, that's when it becomes somewhat drying but that's such a long time, so im not complaining. The longevity is amazing, as it lasts me a good 8 hours, including eating and drinking. I find applying this product to be pretty easy, as the applicator is like your typical lip gloss applicator, and I find that to be a pro, as it gives me a boost in really outlining my lips to perfection. I sometimes also pair this lisptick with a lip liner, because I find that it makes my lips even richer in colour and even longer lasting. Another plus about this product is that it also gives your lips that fuller look, and I love that so much. The scent is nice(a light sweet vanilla scent), and the price is quite affordable ($12 each, Australian prices).

Overall, I really love this product, and I would definitely repurchase!! If you're looking for a nice matte lipstick that isn't too drying and has great longetivity, then please give this a go. There are a great range of colours to choose from, and they are reasonably priced, so yeah. Give them a go, because you could really end up loving them as much as I do :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

I have so many of these by now. I love them so much. I was kinda late on the new colors that they came out with. But I picked up the Athene nude color and another dark berry color (forgot the name) from the new collection. I have several other shades of these and I love them all. Yes they sometimes emphasize imperfections but it depends which color you get. My lighter/nude shades tend to settle into my lines which isn't cute but I just have to exfoliate before putting those colors on. Otherwise the darker colors go on beautifully and easily. They are the perfect consistency and pigmentation to me. I can sheer them out or layer them depending on how intense I want them to look on me. Lip balm underneath these babies and you're good to go. I've been a big fan of this line for years now. Love love love the scent and the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got 5 of these babies during the 4th of July sale ULTA had. All NYX products were 40% off! Wow what great timing. Just as I was eyeballing these lippies! 😍 The formula is great for the price! It's matte but not drying like a lot of matte lipsticks are. When you apply it on it feels like a thick mouse, and then when it dries you can barely tell you even have anything on your lips cause it's so light! Boy, let me tell you these lippies are PIGMENTED! The only suggestions I have is as follows: exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! This cream will settle into any crack or flake and it will be extremely visible! And if you have sensitive lips, don't reach for the darker shades because they have a strange firm/tight feeling.... I don't know exactly how to describe it but it you try it you'll know what I mean. It's nothing I've ever felt before with a lip product. But eventually as you go on with your day, you forget about the feeling....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Monklin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product in the color Monte Carlo and I thought the color payoff was pretty good for a drugstore brand. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smells heavily of cake mix from a box. Luckily, it doesn't taste like it or awful at all. It also seems to last longer than most drugstore lipsticks. All in all, I am in love with the product and love the color range they have. Definitely choose this over their butter lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

Color pay off is crazy !!! The color you see on the outside of the tube is EXACTLY what you'll get.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by lipstickisllife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have five of these, three that I bought separately and two from The It List boxes, and I am always wonderfully impressed for the first ten minutes after application. The colours are beautiful, rather unique, extremely opaque and very comfortable. The packaging is simple but cute, as everything else NYX is, and the doe-foot applicator is easy to use.

However, after ten minutes every single time I can feel that my lips have dried out, and upon looking in the mirror see that it has sunk into my lip lines and looks awful! I always exfoliate and wear lip balm under this, and wear a lip hydrating mask most nights but it makes no difference to me for this particular product. This would probably be great for someone with normal or oily skin but unfortunately it is unusable for myself. I won't buy any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Behemath

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I can't rant and rave about it enough! At first I bought SMLC in the colour Antwerp, which is a lovely natural colour of pink, and I fell in love with it after one application, so bought another SMLC in the lighter pink colour Istanbul. It glides on so smoothly, and the finish is flawless. The texture on your lips really looks like you are wearing no product at all, it's great! However if you do want it to appear more glossy, you could always apply a little lip balm or gloss on top. I really cannot get over how good this product is. It looks great, feels great, smells amazing and has reasonable staying power too. The only thing that I could criticise about NYX's SMLC is the packaging, which looks a little cheap and basic, much the same as their packaging for most of their other products. But this is just a very small downside, and I would highly, highly recommend this product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of these! I bought the color Tokyo, which is a light bubblegum pink, and I am very pleased with it. I have a fair/light complexion (NW15) and am somewhere between a pink and neutral undertone and this color looks great. I am very happy with the texture of the cream. It can apply clumpy so some blending is needed, but that is not hard to do. It is the only lip product I've found that actually stays on my lips even through eating and drinking. Plus, its one of the very few lipsticks I can stand to wear without feeling cakey and dried out. I like to pair this with the NYX chunky dunk lippie. They go very well together and give me a natural semi-gloss looking color rather than layers of lip product. I don't even need to use lip liner which is a plus and another step I can remove from my makeup routine. Overall, I am really happy with this matte cream and have already planned to buy a few more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Syababy06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it so much! They smell really good like vanilla scent. They have various shades if colors and when you applied the texture is creamy which I like. The only problem is if you have chapped lips don't even use it because it will cracked on your lips!