Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/2/2013 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I like the pink "browbone" color on my lids, and a sweep of the crease brown in the crease. I never like the eyelid colors of W&W, and almost always prefer the browbone highlight on my lids. These shadows do give outstanding quality for the price.

on 3/2/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

All the colors in this palette are soft, buttery, and pigmented. Because they are soft, however, the dark brown (the softest color) in my palette shattered a few months after purchasing it. The pink and gold still remain. The gold and brown are very fallout prone -- to combat this, I dust loose powder under my eyes before doing my eye makeup, and then brush the fallout and loose powder off when I am done. I LOVE the gold is this palette, and it looks especially remarkable over a dark base. All the colors are very shimmery. Even with its setbacks, I think this is a very good palette for the price and would purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great summer palette! The pink is great for valentines day looks
and the brown is a great liner and this gold is GORGEOUS!!!
The rating is 4 because I found that it isn't much of a powder as much as it is a glitter.Mine I bought and the packaging was broken but I'll live with it.But a really great palette and I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved these eyeshadows. Mine broke and I have so many others I just have not re-purchased but now that I am thinking about it I want it again lol. The dark brown crease color is a bit messy, kinda got all over the other shadows when I used it and had some on my cheeks after applying, but after using it a couple times I got used to it. I actually even used it for a photoshoot and it looked great in the pics as well. I love it, makes me sad for everyone who didn't like it!!!

on 1/31/2013 9:22:00 PM

Well, I tried it how the package says to use it, with my own brushes. Oh wow, that was HORRIBLE! Horrible. I know how to put dark color in my crease, and I couldn't get it to blend or anything. So I took it off and tried again. I put the gold color all over my lid, with a damp brush. So pretty! Then with a dry brush I put the pink on my browbone. That looked nice and sheer. I dabbed on the brown on the outer quarter of my eye... blended the HECK out of it, and it looked FAB! Then I brushed the gold over the eyelid dry and dabbed a bit of pink in the inner corners. It was SO pretty and made my eyes shine. :) It wasn't overwhelming. I have very fair skin with a little bit of olive undertones and brown eyes if that helps any. I think this is pretty, just be prepared to play with it a bit. :) The gold color alone is worth it, imo. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this. :)

on 12/18/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovely palette for darker/warm compexions. Not so good with mine.

on 11/21/2012 10:09:00 AM

The Wet n Wild "I'm Getting Sunburned" Eyeshadow Trio is so pretty!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The three colors in this palette are: a really neat pink, which turns kind of purple-toned, depending on how the light hits it, very shimmery and pretty; a dark brown with some gold sparkle, and a metallic gold. The pink color is incredibly unique, and the other two are awesome as well.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eyeshadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these trios at WalMart, Walgreen's, and Smith's Marketplace for fairly cheap, and I got mine from Smith's Marketplace. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I want to say it was about $2.39, which is pretty good.

on 10/22/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this lil trio! I like to do a soft smokey eye for my every day look. Wet n Wild has really improved their products. The pigmentation is superb and the quality is very nice.I love the dark brown crease color. It is a dark brown with gold shimmer. The bottom color is gold. i don't use the "browbone' color very much. It's a light pink shimmer. The dark brown is VERY pigmented. I gently tap my brush and it pick ups a lot of color. It goes on very dark, so be careful to use a light hand. I use primer underneath, so it lasts all day, and I don't experience any fallout. Lately, this has been the only pallete that I use. I was so surprised at how pigmented the colors are. The price is super cheap, the packaging is cheap But the shadows are wonderful, and that's all that matters to me! I've heard great reviews for all the wnw Color Icon shadows, so I will definitely be trying more.

on 9/27/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a great value! You can get so many different looks, from neutral golden or pink, to a sophisticated smokey eye. Yes, you will need a good shadow primer, but the vibrancy and the pigmentation of these shadows is on par with brand names. Be careful not to apply too much of the crease shade! It's very dark, and a little will go a LONG way.

on 9/21/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful colors in the pan, but the dark brown is not only highly pigment, it is very, very messy. The pink and the gold do not share this trait. It went everywhere when I was applying it, on my nose, under my eyes, on my hands . . .I felt like I had gotten printer toner all over myself. Perhaps used wet it would be less difficult? However, it works fine as a liner, so I will just keep it to that task. The other two colors are nice, but strong, you need a judicious hand when applying. Will not repurchase.

September 27th: today I opened the pan to use the gold. Ended up getting the dark color everywhere, on my cheek, smeared on my neck, because somehow it had unknowingly transferred to my fingers. I had to throw it all away to preserve my calm demeanor.