September 19, 2014 | 1843 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by jilliannanicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved these eyeshadows. Mine broke and I have so many others I just have not re-purchased but now that I am thinking about it I want it again lol. The dark brown crease color is a bit messy, kinda got all over the other shadows when I used it and had some on my cheeks after applying, but after using it a couple times I got used to it. I actually even used it for a photoshoot and it looked great in the pics as well. I love it, makes me sad for everyone who didn't like it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by niklovesyou

Well, I tried it how the package says to use it, with my own brushes. Oh wow, that was HORRIBLE! Horrible. I know how to put dark color in my crease, and I couldn't get it to blend or anything. So I took it off and tried again. I put the gold color all over my lid, with a damp brush. So pretty! Then with a dry brush I put the pink on my browbone. That looked nice and sheer. I dabbed on the brown on the outer quarter of my eye... blended the HECK out of it, and it looked FAB! Then I brushed the gold over the eyelid dry and dabbed a bit of pink in the inner corners. It was SO pretty and made my eyes shine. :) It wasn't overwhelming. I have very fair skin with a little bit of olive undertones and brown eyes if that helps any. I think this is pretty, just be prepared to play with it a bit. :) The gold color alone is worth it, imo. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Lovely palette for darker/warm compexions. Not so good with mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Wet n Wild "I'm Getting Sunburned" Eyeshadow Trio is so pretty!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The three colors in this palette are: a really neat pink, which turns kind of purple-toned, depending on how the light hits it, very shimmery and pretty; a dark brown with some gold sparkle, and a metallic gold. The pink color is incredibly unique, and the other two are awesome as well.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eyeshadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these trios at WalMart, Walgreen's, and Smith's Marketplace for fairly cheap, and I got mine from Smith's Marketplace. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I want to say it was about $2.39, which is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lil trio! I like to do a soft smokey eye for my every day look. Wet n Wild has really improved their products. The pigmentation is superb and the quality is very nice.I love the dark brown crease color. It is a dark brown with gold shimmer. The bottom color is gold. i don't use the "browbone' color very much. It's a light pink shimmer. The dark brown is VERY pigmented. I gently tap my brush and it pick ups a lot of color. It goes on very dark, so be careful to use a light hand. I use primer underneath, so it lasts all day, and I don't experience any fallout. Lately, this has been the only pallete that I use. I was so surprised at how pigmented the colors are. The price is super cheap, the packaging is cheap But the shadows are wonderful, and that's all that matters to me! I've heard great reviews for all the wnw Color Icon shadows, so I will definitely be trying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is such a great value! You can get so many different looks, from neutral golden or pink, to a sophisticated smokey eye. Yes, you will need a good shadow primer, but the vibrancy and the pigmentation of these shadows is on par with brand names. Be careful not to apply too much of the crease shade! It's very dark, and a little will go a LONG way.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful colors in the pan, but the dark brown is not only highly pigment, it is very, very messy. The pink and the gold do not share this trait. It went everywhere when I was applying it, on my nose, under my eyes, on my hands . . .I felt like I had gotten printer toner all over myself. Perhaps used wet it would be less difficult? However, it works fine as a liner, so I will just keep it to that task. The other two colors are nice, but strong, you need a judicious hand when applying. Will not repurchase.

September 27th: today I opened the pan to use the gold. Ended up getting the dark color everywhere, on my cheek, smeared on my neck, because somehow it had unknowingly transferred to my fingers. I had to throw it all away to preserve my calm demeanor.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

How pigmented are these colors? Well, I didn't intend on wearing a dramatic smokey eye to the office today, but here we are.

The gold and pink are beautiful and relatively easy to work with, but the plum/brown shade - while also gorgeous - is tough. The tiniest bit goes a long, long way...but unfortunately that long way is metaphorical: Whether I use fingers or brushes, the plum/brown keeps ending up as heavy color on a small surface area. It just doesn't blend easily, especially on top of primer. I'll give it another shot, preferably on a Saturday night this time.

***

Edited to note that two of the three colors broke during...I don't know, a very location-specific earthquake in my bathroom makeup cabinet that somehow left nothing else damaged. Meh. I tossed the whole thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I do like this color set for the price. It's really is unbeatable when you compare the price and quality of color icon to other shadows on the market today. The pigmentation is simply amazing. The dark brown color is concentrated enough to be used as an eye liner. This thing lasts all day. I didn't experience any shadow fall out like some reviewers complained. It could be because of my application technique. I didn't use any of the brushes that come with this kit. Although the shadow kit comes with 2 very useful brushes (one soft rounded tip and another slanted brush applicator). I personally do not like to mix all the colors together so I use a Q tip for each application and throw them away after each use so there is no cross contamination of the colors. The gold is nice but it was a bit dark on my fair skin. I think it might suit people with darker complexion than fair. I really like the feel, texture, highly pigmented shadows colors. There were no irritation dripping fading through out the day. It lasts all day and can easily be cleaned with baby oil. My only complaint is that it's just not compatible with my fair skin. It may work better on darker skinned women. The shimmering pink isn't too bad. They do go together if you keep the colors close together and blend them well. I hope they come out with similar quality shadows with paler shades for fair skin. I have used many high quality pure minerals shadows ranging from 20-30 dollars and i still find color icon pretty competitive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ehhh. More like 3.5 stars but lets round up. Mixed feelings on this one. The brown was way too pigmented I actually removed it for the palette because it would wind up on my brush and make a mess. I like the other colors, the pink I didn't use very much but it was a great quality eyeshadow. The gold color was so lovely! BUT, it was super powdery and whenever I used it it would get everywhere ad pollute the pink. I was willing to put up with that, but the gold kept cracking and eventually exploded everywhere. I might buy again and just take out the gold, and keep it isolated. XD