April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion water resistant

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by goodnightluck

TERRIBLE! WILL NEVER BUY COVER GIRL MASCARAS AGAIN! This stuff made my eyes turn red, burn, and itch. Worst of all it literally made 10+ lashes FALL OUT!! This was my first ever cover girl mascara and I will stay clear of them forever. And I don't even consider myself to be an overly sensitive skin type. I usually buy Lancome, Estee Lauder, or Clinique mascaras and have NEVER had a problem like this before. On top of it, this mascara did barely anything for my lashes. It didn't keep a curl, and totally flaked throughout the day. Stay away....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is terrible! It's supposed to be a volume plus length formula, but it did neither for my lashes (stick straight and on the thin side) and it doesn't hold a curl at all. One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Chevygirl14

I can only use waterproof mascara, so they hold the curl in my lashes. This one weighed them down the second I put it on!!! I was really hoping to love this :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought Maybelline's Full & Soft was my holy grail, but i think this beats it. It doesn't say it on the product description, but it leaves my lashes soft & not hard. Why i love it is b/c, i apply it in the AM & do not have smudges in the evening. Not a very dramatic look. I'd say more natural. I have contacts & my eyes are INCREDIBLY sensitive, & there are fibers in the formula, & i think it irritates them sometimes. I've purchased this twice, & sadly i think i'll have to find something else b/c of the fibers. B/c of the fibers, it also gets 4 lippies instead of 5. So i guess its not my holy grail & i'll keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am actually very surprised that I love this so much. The shape of the brush is quite large, I love that in a mascara. It is really waterproof, I get no flaking for the 5-10+ coats that I use. The curl is not so amazing through out the day but it is still there and I do get a bit of clumping if I don't apply slowly and really carefully. Otherwise, I use this as a daily mascara and would totally recommend this to everybody looking for a mascara on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by snazzalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This my absolute HG mascara. I have tried a fair few, including Maybelline's Falsies, which I ended up swapping my sister for her new tube of this because I didn't like it at all.

The thing that I love about this is that it doesn't give me the dreaded spider lashes. Instead, even in just one coat, it gives me amazing volume and great length. In a couple of coats, it's just perfect. I can't leave the house without putting it on.
These aren't waterproof, so don't be disappointed if you can't go swimming in these, but they do last well if you do happen to just splash your face with water.
My one tube has lasted me a year now so I'll definitely be repurchasing soon.

The only thing that will give you the perfect long and voluminous eyelashes is eyelash extensions, but if you can't afford them, this is the next best thing to them, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

This product does what it promise for me. Mind you, I have short stubby Asian eyelashes, and I definitely need a mascara that adds length and volume to my unsexy lashes. This CoverGirl mascara does give that to me, but if I want more length and apply a second coat it does become a bit clumpy and spider-leg like. Also I always wear waterproof mascara, but this one isn't very waterproof.

I forgot to take off my makeup for a run through a light rain and I came home with black mascara running down my face. I had other mascaras (waterproof) and it never happened in rain nor tears.

Overall, it's an okay product, but probably not worth a second purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was sort of clumpy. I have unusually unruly lashes, and this did not make the cut. The formula didn't really seem to lengthen. The "water-resistant" formulation just seemed like the normal non-waterproof formula, because the mascara began to flake and wear off over the course of the day. It would also start to drip off if my eyes got watery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

NB I've switched to Clump Crusher for my everyday mascara -- similar formula, slightly less volume per coat, INFINITELY better brush.

I've gone back to using Lash Blast Fusion (water-resistant) most of the time because it's slightly easier to deal with than Maybelline Falsies waterproof. It doesn't give as dramatic a look and isn't nearly as waterproof (it's definitely only "resistant"). But it doesn't smudge, even with many coats applied (and I do need many coats to get close to the look I like), and it's MUCH easier to remove. This comes off with just my regular cleanser, no need for separate remover. So, I turn to Last Blast Fusion when I need to know I won't get smudges, or when I know I'll want to take it off quickly and simply.

I do hate the brush -- I've caught the inside of my eyelid a few times with the plastic spines and that HURTS. And the tiny nubs at the tip do very little to catch my lower lashes or short inner-corner lashes. So Falsies is still a better application and a quicker way of getting a dramatic look. It basically comes down to whether I want the convenience at application (Falsies wins) or later in the day (Lash Blast Fusion).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good everyday mascara - HG for me. It doesn't deliver mega volume or length, but does define and darken and lengthen enough to make me feel like I am actually wearing mascara. I only use WP mascara and am very happy with this formula... ZERO smudging, transfer, etc. which is my #1 requirement from mascara. I can't look in the mirror at 2pm and have to deal with raccoon eyes! That's never happened with this. I like the brush because the bristles prevent clumping and allow perfect definition, but they also don't pick up much product, so by the time you're done applying, any work you did with a curler beforehand is gone.

A trick to get more product on the bristles, and I've been insanely happier since doing it, is to slide the brush around the inside if the tube to gather a bunch of product on the bottom of the brush. Pull the brush out and deposit the product onto the side of the opening, and then insert the brush and PRESS it against the product chillin there. This will put what looks like gobs on the brush. Press onto your lashes then brush thru, and you will be pleased! Much more length and more control in general over the final look. I'm going to try other Lash Blasts before repurchasing this one, but I've been happy with Black and the Brown Black shades. The only thing I'd change is to give it better curl-holding ability, because this can't hold a curl on me no matter what I do.