December 19, 2014 | 1097 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion water resistant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too busy to get to the local Mall to shop at Sephora and really did not feel like paying shipping costs when all I needed was a replacement for my Buxom Lash mascara, so hit the local drugstore and picked this up. I have used CG Lash Exact and it worked pretty well for a DS brand, figured the Lash Blast Fusion had a fatter brush and might be close to Buxom to get volume & length. Nope…not even close. Even after 2 full coats it didn't give the same effect as a single coat of Buxom Lash. The brush seems very hard on the lashes - no flex to it. By end of day, it was flaking off and getting in my eye. I'd rather pay the extra $8 and get the mid-range price mascara, or use the Lash Exact which has a much more flexible brush and seems to stay put way better than this formulation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was reading the good reviews for the regular lash blast and put it on my shopping list. Once there I grabbed the orange one then saw the purple one and thought 'oh well it's still Lash Blast' and took it instead JUST BECAUSE IT WAS PURPLE and looked nicer. How silly and makeupalley-noob was I, thinking it was all the same and not reading these reviews?! I feel kinda done with trying random cheap mascaras. EXCEPT : L'oréal million lashes. This one is really great.
Pros :
- Clumps but not too much, I mean .. I've seen worse. ( Tolerable Clumping ? )
- Definitely adds length

Cons :
- NO VOLUME, I have very long but thin eyelashes so this was a waste.
- Weird brush: Short, super-hard plastic spikes. But hey, it was one of those packaging where the brush is out beside the tube so, my fault.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't recommend this mascara as it begins to flake on me almost as soon as I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite drug store mascara to date, I'm almost through my second bottle. This mascara lasts all day and I mean ALL DAY I've worn this for over 12 hours and it has still looked great. I have it in very black and I find it gives my lashes a lot of definition and volume, it takes a little work to get there but it's worth it. Thanks to a beautifully designed brush I have never had any issues with clumps using this mascara. This mascara really is water proof, this means you get more lift out of it and it lasts longer.

I plan to buy a different mascara next time as I get bored easily and I simply want a change, but I am sure that in the future I will be repurchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'll be honest, the formula for this mascara doesn't do too much for me. I mostly buy it because I LOVE the brush on this bottle. I have white-blonde lashes (my eyebrows and eyelashes never caught up with my hair apparently) so I need mascara to show where they are. This doesn't really change their shape by volumizing, or curling, or really anything fancy -- it literally just puts color on. That aside, it also never flakes, and it washes off easily enough.

My big concern for this is that by the end of the day my eyes are usually pretty irritated. Now, I have sensitive eyes to begin with, but I'm sure there's a better mascara out there for me that could add color, do the fancy stuff, and not irritate my eyes. I'm just cheap and love that I can buy this at the grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Sarahtashh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my FAVOURITE drug store mascara to date. It gives me beautiful length as well as buildable volume with no clumps thanks to the well designed brush! It honestly looks fabulous and lasts all day aside from some minor flakes I somtimes find on my cheeks which is annoying..
I did find that it dried up rather quickly compared to my other mascaras that Ive used. God knows Ive been through a million they are my favourite make up product! It does take a while to build up volume if your after that really dramatic effect, however you will get there! I also thought the rim of the bottle took too much product off of the brush as you slide it out.. I think it couldve used a tiny bit more and it wouldve been perfect. :)
All in all its a good product, for the asking price its well worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My daughter used this product and it didn't live up to expectations. (We recently purchased Maybelline's Rocket Volum Express, and noticed a HUGE difference in her lash length and volume. Her eyes looked beautiful with the Maybelline product.) Cover Girl's mascara was a big let-down. I do not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ohsnapitzrayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really excited to try a Covergirl Lash Blast and so, I decided to go with the Lash Blast Fusion water resistant. It wasn't that good as it lacked volume and curl. The length wasn't too bad and it didn't smudge. Unfortunately, it did have a bit of clumps and it was definitely NOT water resistant. It came off the moment I used my eyedrops for my contacts. To make sure it wasn't just because of my eyedrops, I coated some mascara on the back of my hand and waited for a while. Then, I put it under tap water and it came off instantly, like washing of lotion. Then, too make sure nothing was "wrong", I coated another brand of mascara and put it to the test. It took a long time to wash it off. So now, I only use Lash Blast Fusion when I am only going out for a short time or when I don't feel like scrubbing mascara off my eyelashes. Overall, it wasn't the best mascara ever. (I do wonder how long and how good the non-water resistant Lash Blast Fusion will last?)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the best, at all. I expected a lot more volume, but the length was alright. It doesn't flake or smudge. It doesn't last all day either. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by goodnightluck

TERRIBLE! WILL NEVER BUY COVER GIRL MASCARAS AGAIN! This stuff made my eyes turn red, burn, and itch. Worst of all it literally made 10+ lashes FALL OUT!! This was my first ever cover girl mascara and I will stay clear of them forever. And I don't even consider myself to be an overly sensitive skin type. I usually buy Lancome, Estee Lauder, or Clinique mascaras and have NEVER had a problem like this before. On top of it, this mascara did barely anything for my lashes. It didn't keep a curl, and totally flaked throughout the day. Stay away....