August 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Powder - Korres - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this, because I wasn't too happy with the coverage and the price of the Bare Minerals powder. This Korres Powder has a lot more coverage, it lasts longer and it's cheaper. With Bare Minerals I had to use a lot of concealer first to even out my skin, before applying the actual foundation.
This Korres product looks natural and smooth. I really need to moisturize my skind very well beforehand though, because it does accentuate dry parts of your skin. I also don't use it close to my under eye area.
The packaging is simple without any twisting mechanism like the BM, which means you have to be a bit more careful, but I prefer it. The little applicator puff is actually quiet useful and I can bring it along in my make up bag for touch-ups.

Overall I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sparklyunicorn

The ladies at Sephora recommended I switch to this from Bare minerals foundation which I had been using for years. They said it has less ingredients so is a little better for the skin. I'm very happy I switched! the coverage is much better but also looks more natural at the same time, it hasn't irritated my skin at all (neither did bare minerals) so I am pleased :), I didn't give it a 5 because the coverage still isn't perfect and it isn't the greatest at absorbing oil, but I think it's still a high quality product!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I just am using the wrong shade for me but I actually prefer Bareminerals over this stuff... the texture of it looks unnatural on my skin, it just looks cakey and seems to exacerbate my already larger than life (clean!) pores.. doesn't do much to cover my acne scarring and actually makes my skin look more uneven than it really is... don't know what it is, oh well! The packaging is horrible and don't you dare think about using that sponge, you will look like a donut with a powdered sugar coating. It looks better with a proper kabuki brush but still, I have found better mineral foundations for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sindu87

I LOVE this foundation. I used to use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to liquid for a while. While I liked that, I didn't like feeling like I had a lot of makeup on. So I started looking around, and decided to try this. AMAZING. It covers well but feels and looks like I have nothing on. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it lasts all day. It's light coverage, so you may need concealer underneath. If I want heavier coverage, I simply use this on top of a light liquid foundation and it gives me airbrushed skin. I hope this is never discontinued because I will wear this for a long long time.

The packaging is fine, but it isn't the best for travel, since the powder tends to get everywhere. But I'm willing to put up with it. You could buy a better sifter jar and transfer it into there if you really wanted to.

Overall, it's great. The best mineral foundation I've ever tried. Natural finish, doesn't cling to dry skin, but doesn't get too oily either. And my skin didn't react to it. No itching, no breaking out, and my skin looks better when I take it off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh.

I got this about 2 years ago because of the super natural ingredients and the great reviews on Sephora. I used to be a Bare Escentuals user and thought I'd test out the waters of other mineral foundation.

I got this in the second lightest color (Light - Golden Fair) since the color selection is limited. I range anywhere from NC20, NC25, C25 (in the old Studio Fix Powder Foundation) and recently got matched to C3.

Korres Light is dark and orange on my skin. I thought it would be more forgiving but it's not. It leaves dark areas around my nose and the sides of the mouth that any amount of blending does not take away. It accentuates dry patches (and I always moisturize before any foundation application).

It was $30, rather on the expensive side of mineral foundations. Definitely $30 not well spent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm having a more difficult time looking for mineral foundation than I thought. Having sensitive skin is killer! So I tried this about a year ago and forgot to review it. It's currently sitting in the bottom of my makeup drawer, unfortunately not much used up. I didn't use a whole lot of it because I think I'm allergic to Boron Nitride (which I think is the only synthetic ingredient) and it made me break out.

I did spot testing on my forehead to make sure that it was the product and not just normal breakouts, and unfortunately it was the product. I also noticed that the closest match to my skin was still very orangey, and it seemed to get more orange over time. The quality seemed pretty good, but just not a very good experience overall. Very pricey too :(

I've been wearing Everyday Minerals in their sample sizes to test them out and I'm hoping my skin will accept it. I may have to go with a company that has no fillers at all, just minerals. I'm getting exhausted looking for anything that I can put on my skin without breaking it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried BE only to find out I am allergic to it. I got tiny red bumps all over my face that caused a terrible itchiness. I tried other mineral makeup from the internet, but the colors never really matched my Mediterranean/Hispanic skin. I almost had given up on wearing makeup, but since I have frequent breakouts, going bare was not an option.
While at the Sephora store, I asked an associate to help me find a foundation that would not irritate my skin and that would match my complexion (I got the one in tan...which is perfect for my yellow/olive skin). She suggested this and I am impressed with the product.

I have been using it for about a month and not only it looks natural, but it has actually IMPROVED the texture of my skin. The red blotches around my mouth are almost gone, and the frequency and severity of my breakouts have diminished.

Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it. The only but is that Korres does not have more colors to choose from.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The colour selection is pretty bad, I got the lightest "Warm Fair" and it's too yellow for my skintone. The packaging could be improved too, there is no seal over the sifter so you have to rely on the sponge that's included to contain the powder, so it can get messy. The mineral foundation itself is very average. There's nothing that stands out about it all. It has light but buildable coverage (application with the sponge gets more coverage) , it is not particularly long lasting and as no oil control. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bgraceg

I have become a Korres devotee and love this foundation. It has a slight learning curve on the application, and can make a mess if you're not careful (when you dab off the powder off your brush), but my skin has become radiant and glowing use this and their other things.

I am fair, sensitive skin, tend to be reactive and redden, tend to oil/clogging in the t-zone, and am in middle age (but my skin looks decades younger).

I have used all the other mineral foundations out there, and liquid, powder, etc, this is my favorite. I use the medium because I like a little color and not to look too pasty.

It gives decent coverage, but not total coverage. I have a few broken blood vessels around the nose and on the cheeks so I have to put a dab of concealer (I use their concealer too, along with a bit of dermablend).

The brush you use with it is important; you must use a quality brush designed for this kind of product to get best results (I use the sephora one). You dip the brush in some powder, tap it off, then I press it in then go in circles. As another reviewer said, it looks better after it sits a bit.

I do a lot of other things for my skin (professional grade TCA peels, good sunblock, quality products, etc), but I think this foundation has helped me immensely to look more radiant. I am complimented all the time on my skin, and I do give some credit to this product for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by megomatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first mineral powder foundation I've tried, so I can't compare it to other brands, but I really like the concept. I've never been one for liquid foundation and I always try for a very natural look when it comes to skin coverage. I can't stand the look or feel of liquid foundation.

It doesn't give the fullest coverage, but it is buildable, and I cover my blemishes with concealer first so it doesn't seem to be an issue. I tap some into the cap, and apply one or two layers with a powder foundation brush. I have tried the sponge that comes in the package, but it deposits way too much onto my skin and makes it appear cakey. I only keep the sponge in the jar to prevent the powder from spilling out into the cap - this issue is why the packaging only gets a 3.

I can't say if it's evened out my skin tone as advertised as I have several products in my arsenal that make the same claim. However, my skin tone has improved overall and I use less of this product than when I first started.

I apply this one to two times daily, and my current jar has lasted about 6 months. I'll probably have to repurchase in another month or two, but I may try another brand before I commit to spending $42 CAD on this again. I do gladly spend a little extra on products that are all-natural.

One note: in Canada, this cannot be sold with the promise of sun protection. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the case with many skin care products labeled as containing sunscreen in the USA, which makes me suspect of products with SPF sold in the USA. I wear Clinique City Block SPF 40 underneath as a primer/sun protector.

I use WRMF2 - Light, which is probably the best colour match of any foundation or powder I've tried.