August 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - The Oriental Gold BB Cream Plus

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by prblms4loki

I was very unhappy with my purchase of this product. BB creams, for me, are supposed to be pigmented and last all day, with or without a powder on top. The oriental, at best, wore 4 hours on me, and was completely gone by the middle of the day. The rest of my bb creams that I've tried usually can last through the end of the workday, but this one was not successful in doing that. I have a lot of broken blood vessels under the skin, and while other bb creams were successful in covering them easily and keeping them covered through the day, I found that layer after layer after layer of the Oriental could not cover them up. When I finally tried a thin sweep then multiple layers on each broken blood vessel (which takes a hella long time), and topped with powder as usual, the result looked like I had a genuine makeup mask on. I haven't seen myself looking like I had that much makeup on since I decided to raid my mom's foundation drawer when I was five. It was not an attractive look. The shade match was good - I am a neutral light/medium and it adjusted well. I'm sure for someone that doesn't need a lot of coverage and has normal-dry skin this is great, but it just didn't work for me. I left it with my mother, who has dry skin and could use some brightening up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm really pleased with this BB cream. I think it provides a nice, even finish and it wears all day long. I apply it with my fingers and set it with powder, as my skin is oily. The coverage is medium and it covers my redness quite nicely. The color is a very good match for my pale skin (NW15). I also love the SPF 25.

I was pleasantly surprised by the cream blusher/lip color in the cap. I've never worn cream blusher before, as I always assumed it wouldn't last on my oily skin, however this wears really well! The color looks great on my cheeks, but I find it too pale for my lips.

My only complaint is the packaging. It's definitely too large and clunky to be portable. The unusual pump mechanism for the BB cream itself can also be awkward to use. It can be purchased in a smaller tube, without the blusher/lip color though, if the pump and portability are an issue for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first bb cream, I chose Skin79 because I read that the bb creams from this brand are the best, I didn't completely like it, it doesn't blend perfect the color is not right it's too pale and doesn't give you this natural, glowing, healthy look I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't use this all over my face - only as an under eye concealer.
My regular base makeup routine is either Skin79 Gold BB Cream all over my face, spread out with a beauty blender so I just have a light layer all over my face (except lips). Then I put a little dot of this cream under each eye, spread it carefully with a finger and stipple with a beauty blender so it's all even. The beauty blender (or in general a face sponge) is an important part of my makeup-tools that makes my makeup go on nice and thin and very evenly. Note: I put Skin79 Gold BB cream on my eye area first so that whatever is applied on top doesn't dry it out. I do it with this BB cream, but I also did it with my Kanebo one, because practically anything dries my under-eye area out
The colour of my face right now is about an NC20-15 in MAC-shades, and this cream would be too pink and light for all over my face - it's maybe an NW15-10, but it brightens up my undereye area very nicely :)
I buy tiny samples of this on ebay, not a whole bottle - I would 1) probably never use it up using this only on my eye-area and 2) annoy myself thinking that I need to use up all that before buying something else :P I really like the fact that this BB cream that I can get 3 mL of for just a couple of dollars works just as well for me as my 2,6 mL, $40 Kanebo concealer did. Now, if I could just open the Kanebo concealer and put this BB cream in the beautiful packaging...! X)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by gnumzii

I would not repurchase this because the lip/cheek balm is drying for my lips. As for the cheek, its not too bad...i just would rather buy the bb cream itself!

PROS; Moisturizes!, comes with lip/cheek balm!, travel friendly!, packaging!, SPF!

CONS; lip/cheek balm is drying for lips, lip/cheek balm embraces cracks in lips,

I will reupdate because I have not tried this for the summer yet, so till then.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

Asian people recommended this bb cream, so I decided to give it a try. Oh God when I put it on my face my skin instantly looked bright and glowing!! Not only that the texture is so smooth that I can easily spread it all over my face evenly. it lasts more than about 9-10 hours because I looked exactly the same as I put on in the morning! however this might not look very natural on me since I have pink undertone with light Asian skin and this bb completely eliminates my pink cheeks, which I don't have complain at all. The cheek and lip stain look very natural, but doesn't last long like bb cream. However, I always use it as blush for a day ~ I will definitely buy this again when it runs out!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't suit me at all. It went on thick, was difficult to spread, and made my face look caked and quite a bit older. I see other reviewers talking about a light finish, so maybe I was doing something wrong, but it seemed quite the opposite to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by YoonAit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like it. It is light and sparkles on my face. The color does not match with my face's color. It is too grey. It makes my skin flawless and great complexion. But too oily on my t-zone. It is for dry skin not for combination and oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

This is a bb cream to try if you are dry, older, need more coverage. It sets dewey. If you are having issues with it put it on in a patting motion pressing into your skin and work with small areas until covered and use as little as possible. Then go over any other areas that need more coverage.

I like this bb cream. It took me a while to finally work for me.

1. Dont treat it as a normal foundation. Pat it on. Use a little and build.

2. Use a primer if you find it difficult to spread. I use a primer and the difference is night and day.

3. If you like a more matte finish add a matte setting powder.

I like this because of coverage, the pump top is great, the gel cheek color is adorable, and made for my light skin. Its better than a tinted moisturizer for the fast out the door face. It has a beige light pink tone. The pink tone brightens your skin. No glitter or sparkles in the formula. Wears about 8 hrs on my combo skin. I especially like it in winter for extra moisture over a moistureizer and primer. In the summer I dont use moisturizer. The product is enough. I use a primer, the bb cream, then a matte setting powder and works great. (Im a Mac NC 15)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by jukejewels

It was okay. My face is usually a little darker than the rest of my body and the whiteness of bb cream makes my face match the colour of the rest of my body. However this goes on a weird colour for me, it didn't make my face whiter but gave me an unnatural colour, like brown undertone. The product also didn't stay on my face for too long.

I thought the product looked so nice with the pink and gold bottle but it's really unhygienic. With this bottle the cream comes out from the top so I have to wipe it across the dispense leaving streaks.

I prefer the other gold one because it did everything that thing one didn't do and the dispenser is much cleaner with this bb cream.

The only thing I did like was the blush/lip cream, although it did not go well on my lips, it was nice on my cheeks.