April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LydzQcFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful, affordable trio. The colours to me are as true on the eyes as they are in the pans, and the concistency is SO soft it's almost creamy. Can be blended like a charm. I still have a couple o' beefs with this baby, though. First of, the browbone colour which is meant to be a highlight looks more like a shadow than a highlight on my ridiculously pale skin- but that's just me so I didn't take a lippy off for that. Besides the shimmer helps to correct that. I did take one lippy off for the packaging, for with such a fragile texture, the shadows unfortunatly break easily. But hey for that price, we can just go out and buy another one, and that's the beauty of it. You pay for an actual quality product, not for the plastic box it comes in, it's the whole point of the drugstore makeup.
I normaly wear very dark or crazy colours, this is my palet for "quiet days", so how fitting is its name! :)
I already talked about the browbone colour, now onto the crease one. Very deep brown with so much golden shimmer- that don't sparkle too much once on the eye lid I've found, which is good in my opinion. When I want less of a smokey look, I'll use this as a liner with an angled brush and difuse it a bit for a subtle hint of sassyness.
The eyelid colour. My favorite. How could I describe it... Some kind of mauvy-greyish... maybe with a hint of muted brown? It's a difficult colour to describe. And damn and blast, it's this colour that took the hit when my palette fell. But it is an amazing colour, very sparkly yet the colour itself doesn't scream "I'm here!".
All in all, if you want to go for slightly more natural colours but you dont want ol' flat mat taupe and all those that we can't hear the end of, you want something funnier to play with, this is an awesome find on the budget And with three shades, you'd be surprised how many looks you can accomplish. A bit more expensive here in Finland but still cheaper- and greater quality than a lot of more popular drugstore products.
I yet have to find something from wet n wild that will disappoint me, I've loved everything I tried from them so far. Awesome brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*sorry about my last result, it posted before I could finish and it wouldn't let me edit* I beyond love this. I use it everyday! I use either the browbone (a light satiny pink) or the eyelid (a mauve color with a hint of purple) shade on my lid depending on my mood. Then I use a liner brush and line my eyes with the crease color (a deep brown with some slight sparkles) and I cannot tell you how much it makes my green eyes pop. When I use the eyelid color it really makes my green eyes pop without looking too bold. I wear this everyday for school and it is just amazing. One thing to be cautious about is that the brown is soft so it can break and shatter if you drop it or if you get low in the color. For $3 at the highest, it can't be beat. I would repurchase this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

This trio is one of the most versatile and the one is sure can be used daily, since it has colors that are so neutral and very pigmented and so rich in color. The price of this are $2.96cnd which makes me think is such a steal! I really recommended please go out and buy it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by bubblesandvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i want it! saw it but one was overpriced at one walgreens and another was broken! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love, this trio. The deepest color is so unique. A deep color that's not black, but incorporates a multitude of shades without being too shimmery. The middle shade is a cool neutral that goes on a bit darker than I expected, and creates a perfect shadow. The lightest shade is perfect wearable pale peach. This is one of my new favorites. I feel like I need to buy a few extras in case I drop this and break it. I defintiely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wet n Wild have the best eye shadows in the drugstore, hands down. I have this and also Walking on Eggshells. I love and use them both just as much as I use my Naked palettes and my Too Faced palette.

Use a light hand, because they're super velvety and pigmented!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this trio at Walmart for $2.96, so right off the bat I was happy with the price, regardless of whether or not the product was great. But, I really liked the colors and I had heard good things about the Wet N Wild palettes... I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented the colors are and how easily they blend. These shadows are really velvety and the texture reminds me of Stila (whose shadows I love). The only complaints I have is that the eyeshadows do get a bit messy and "dusty" when you drag your brush across the surface, and also the finish of the silvery mauve shade is just a bit too frosty for my liking. Also, my particular case is pretty hard to open (not sure if they are all made this way).

With Urban Decay Primer Potion, these shadows look great and last all day, but my lids aren't oily and UDPP is an excellent primer, so I can't speak to the longevity otherwise. I could see these shadows possibly creasing without a primer, especially the bottom shade, which is more metallic than the others. Overall I'm very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this palette. For the price, the quality is excellent and I think the colors would be very wearable and flattering for a variety of skin and eye colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING eyeshadow! It creates the PERFECT smokey eye. I use it exactly as it says, the taupe on my eyelid, and crease colour in the crease. The shadows are soooo pigmented, and yes there is a little fallout, but in all honesty, I get the same amount of fallout from my Naked palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was an unexpected surprise. I read so many raves over this little eyeshadow trio and heard some of these are dupes for Urban Decay's Naked Palette. When I saw this I thought the colors would be too dark for my fair skin and light hair and eyes, but this turned out to be really nice on me and instead of making a "naked" or natural eye look this gave me a smoky eye. i get compliments every time I use this trio. These shadows are soft and very easy to work with. They pick up easily with a brush and apply smoothy and blend well. These are are as easy to work with as my higher priced Urban Decay shadows. I actually reach for these more often than I do my department store shadows! Shocker, I know. But it is true. I use these over a eye primer and sometimes I use a white eyeshadow base to help the color pop. I use a light hand with application to get a more natural look but they are buildable for a more dramatic evening look if that is what you prefer. I am so satisfied with this little trio of shadows and they were less than $3.00. These rival a department store shadow and for the cost you can own them all. (And I do!) One of the best parts is that this is part of their core line so I can repurchase when I use them all up.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by BionicBetty

I use this trio with a primer so I haven't experienced any fall out that has been talked about. The colors are beautiful! I use the darkest one in the middle, a brown with gold specks to darken my outer and inner corners of my eyes from a dramatic look. You can make a very nice smokey eye with this palette also. Worth a try!