September 23, 2014 | 2065 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color combo is great, the pigmentation is great, the staying power is also great. It's the perfect color combo for a smokey eye, which you could downplay for daytime or make it darker for night time. I also like the little bristle brush that comes with it - I like to use that for blending the shadow on the browbone only. The bottom color is a very pretty taupe/gray color with a shimmer (not chunks of glitter but just a shimmer) which is very universal, the second color is a dark gray/black with shimmer and the top color for your brow bone is a champagne/peachy/pink. The powder itself is very soft and blendable. WnW makes very good eyeshadows and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

BLESS YOU WNW FOR MAKING THESE SHADOWS.

Every single palette Wet n wild makes is MORE than worth the money you pay, they are so fabulous. But for just a minute, if you don't mind, I'm gonna rant a little.

I hear so many people talking about the brushes that come with these, you know, the little bristle one.
"the brush is just....eh..."
"I really don't like this little brush..."
"I will probably never use this..."
"I wish wet n wild would put better brushes in these..."
STOPPPPPP
Do you know how freaking amazing these eyeshadows are?! They are so amazing, I would pay three times the amount for JUST ONE of these. They are that good! I would pay a ton of money for these even if it didn't come with a brush. But you know what wnw decided to do? They knew that their customers don't usually prefer those sponge applicators, so they put a soft little bristle brush in there for you, even thought their shadows were such good quality for so cheap, they decided that they'd go the extra mile for the customer. And you know what they get? COMPLAINTS. Just stop it. I haven't seen any other drugstore brand put a brush like that in their palettes before, but wnw did, and they are one of the cheapest brands.

So way to go wnw, I commend you for your amazing products. (rant over, lol)

These shadows are amazing pigmentation, consistency, and especially price. I give these 1 hundred million stars.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great trio, especially for the price. I bought this for my travel kit, but I like it enough that I use it on a regular basis at home. I am NW15 and these colors work very well for me. The browbone shade is a pale, peachy pink with a hint of shimmer. The eyelid shade is a medium taupe with a hint of purple, similar to MAC Shale. I typically only use the browbone & the lid shade. The crease shade is a very dark brown with some gold flecks. It is *very* dark, so I don't use it too often, but it is a nice color. These are very soft and thus can have fallout, so I find that I just tap my brush onto them to pick up the color, and apply with a light hand (especially the dark brown crease color!) All of the shadows are incredibly creamy and soft, velvety, blendable, and very nicely pigmented. Over my MAC Painterly paint pot base, these last all day on me. I remember purchasing Wet & Wild stuff as a broke teenager (I am now in my late 30s), and since I got older and moved on to other brands, I never gave WNW a second look. I just assumed it was still cheap junky "teenager" makeup. I watch/read Beauty Broadcast, and Emily talks about these quite often, so I decided to give it a shot, and I'm very glad I did. WNW shadows are very nice quality, and ridiculously cheap. Much better quality than most drugstore shadows of other brands, even some like Revlon & L'Oreal. The quality on these, honestly, is comparable to some of the higher end shadows I own, such as Urban Decay & Julie Hewett. I am very impressed with these and I would repurchase if I ever run out, or want to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye shadow is popular for a reason - it is fantastic. The charcoal color is great as a smudge liner, and the taupe is absolutely beautiful as a lid shadow. I have hazel eyes and it makes them sparkle. Best 3 bucks I've ever paid for eye shadow. By far my favorite!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by GirlieQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are beautiful shadows at such an affordable price. The brown crease color is quite dark, so I would apply lightly and bump it up if you need to. I got mine from five below for $2.99. I would buy them again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The brow bone color when swatched/applied to lid is a pale pink frost. It doesn't work as a brow bone shade for my darker skin complexion, but it is a nice color to have. When I'm wearing a dark matte shade on my lid, adding this color into my inner tear duct instantly brightens up the look.

The crease color is a deep brown with gold shimmer. It can come off a bit harsh, even when blended out nicely. To avoid the "raccoon" look and balance everything out, I smoke out my lower lash line as well.

The eyelid color is a taupe. When I hit pan on this color, I will run out to Walmart that day, and pick up another. I haven't gone more than two days without using this eyeshadow since I bought it.

Pros:
It's extremely inexpensive: I purchased this from EBay for over $6 +plus shipping, not knowing they could be found at Walmart for $2.99.

The formula/pigmentation is higher-end-esque: Some drugstore eye shadows, I find myself layering or wetting the brush to get the intense look I want. The pigmentation of these eye shadows is heavenly. l. I apply one layer, I blend it out, and I'm done. Easy!

The frosty colors have a velvet-like texture: One of the first things I noticed was the extremely soft feel of these eye shadows. It goes on so nice, and smooth. It's not rough on the lid.

The colors are beautiful: I love the three colors (The pretty pink, the shimmery brown, and the perfect taupe) chosen for this trio. It has the right amount of light, dark, and neutral. Even if I don't use the colors together, I do like having these colors in my collection.

It's travel friendly: It's tiny, it's easy to throw in your purse in go. Sometimes I worry about if something is going to open and destroy the inside of my purse. You can hear this snap close, and it's not going to open until you open it yourself.

Cons:
There aren't any.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LydzQcFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful, affordable trio. The colours to me are as true on the eyes as they are in the pans, and the concistency is SO soft it's almost creamy. Can be blended like a charm. I still have a couple o' beefs with this baby, though. First of, the browbone colour which is meant to be a highlight looks more like a shadow than a highlight on my ridiculously pale skin- but that's just me so I didn't take a lippy off for that. Besides the shimmer helps to correct that. I did take one lippy off for the packaging, for with such a fragile texture, the shadows unfortunatly break easily. But hey for that price, we can just go out and buy another one, and that's the beauty of it. You pay for an actual quality product, not for the plastic box it comes in, it's the whole point of the drugstore makeup.
I normaly wear very dark or crazy colours, this is my palet for "quiet days", so how fitting is its name! :)
I already talked about the browbone colour, now onto the crease one. Very deep brown with so much golden shimmer- that don't sparkle too much once on the eye lid I've found, which is good in my opinion. When I want less of a smokey look, I'll use this as a liner with an angled brush and difuse it a bit for a subtle hint of sassyness.
The eyelid colour. My favorite. How could I describe it... Some kind of mauvy-greyish... maybe with a hint of muted brown? It's a difficult colour to describe. And damn and blast, it's this colour that took the hit when my palette fell. But it is an amazing colour, very sparkly yet the colour itself doesn't scream "I'm here!".
All in all, if you want to go for slightly more natural colours but you dont want ol' flat mat taupe and all those that we can't hear the end of, you want something funnier to play with, this is an awesome find on the budget And with three shades, you'd be surprised how many looks you can accomplish. A bit more expensive here in Finland but still cheaper- and greater quality than a lot of more popular drugstore products.
I yet have to find something from wet n wild that will disappoint me, I've loved everything I tried from them so far. Awesome brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*sorry about my last result, it posted before I could finish and it wouldn't let me edit* I beyond love this. I use it everyday! I use either the browbone (a light satiny pink) or the eyelid (a mauve color with a hint of purple) shade on my lid depending on my mood. Then I use a liner brush and line my eyes with the crease color (a deep brown with some slight sparkles) and I cannot tell you how much it makes my green eyes pop. When I use the eyelid color it really makes my green eyes pop without looking too bold. I wear this everyday for school and it is just amazing. One thing to be cautious about is that the brown is soft so it can break and shatter if you drop it or if you get low in the color. For $3 at the highest, it can't be beat. I would repurchase this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

This trio is one of the most versatile and the one is sure can be used daily, since it has colors that are so neutral and very pigmented and so rich in color. The price of this are $2.96cnd which makes me think is such a steal! I really recommended please go out and buy it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by bubblesandvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i want it! saw it but one was overpriced at one walgreens and another was broken! :(