October 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

They reformulated the shades so I decided to try it out. I am around a nc 42/nc40 in mac & was matched to G60 which is perfect at first however it does oxidize throughout the day on me and turns darker and slightly orange.

It provides medium coverage and doesn't leave my skin looking super powdery. I have very acne prone skin, and am sensitive to most foundations which is why i decided to try cover fx since they are SUPPOSE to be non acnegenic. After a month of use I havent experienced more or less breakouts, with all other products in my routine remaining the same.

Overall I like this powder. I wear it alone. It has enough coverage for my liking (medium & matte) and it photographs nice/no white cast. I still have to blot oil and retouch after 4hours. If I could find a powder cheaper, with the same coverage that didn't oxidize I wouldn't buy this again but until then I will continue to purchase, but in a shade lighter to combat the oxidizing.

The wording on the packaging rubs off with use, not a deal breaker but its annoying and makes the compact look cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I will say that this powder does have awesome coverage. However, the undertones in this makeup are way to yellowish for me therefore making me look grey. Ok formula, horrible color selection, undertones. I had to take it back. I had tried N80 N 90 and N100. They were ALL so wrong. I really wanted to like it. I have to look for another brand. NW45 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by tampants

So I bought this a few months ago when I had to replace my discontinued Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Foundation. I must say, I really like it! It goes on smooth and covers up all my acne scars (with a concealer). I find that if I use too much it can look cakey. If you use the right amount it doesn't look cakey at all, very natural actually. It's not too pricey, but the packaging is a bit boring. Just a silver compact, very blah. Honestly though, that doesn't really bother me, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by poppydoll

I will buy this for as long as they continue to make it. I've always been prone to a blemish or two but I was hit with a really bad case of adult acne this year. This was the only medium/full coverage foundation I could use that did not aggravate my acne or cause further irritation/breakouts. For background, I have combo (will lead to the drier side once winter hits), very sensitive, acne prone skin.

Pros:
- Great coverage. I have a lot of scars and hyperpigmentation and this covers them up pretty well without a concealer. With concealer, my skin looks pre-acne.
- It is ridiculously easy to use. I'm blind as a bat (-8.00 both eyes) and can still apply this quickly on days I don't want to bother with my contacts. I just close my eyes, buff, buff, buff and voila, full coverage done. No cake face.
- Excellent colour match. I'm yellow and M40 is flawless. I dont know my MAC colour but I used Agent 04 in Tarte TM.
- Has great lasting power on my combo skin (6-8 hours) but if needed, touch ups are a breeze
- No irritation/breakouts
- Feels great on skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing anything

Between this and PurMinerals, I would have to say PowderFX is the definite winner in terms of lasting power and coverage. PurMinerals disappeared from my face after a few hours and I literally had to pile it on for the same amount of coverage. For my combination skin, I can already tell this will be a bit drying when winter hits, but in this sweaty summer, it's perfect. I think this will be very beneficial to ladies with oily skin as it controlled my t-zone very well. I've previously used foundations from Chanel, MUFE, MAC, Tarte, Dior, Revlon and numerous other DS brands, and with the way my skin is behaving now, PowderFX is my perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the unsung hero of my makeup bag. It is SO easy to use, covers smoothly and effectively and doesn't make me break out or emphasize flakes. Wear is pretty long, but not iron-clad. It is perfect for new-mom me, who is finding herself applying her makeup at red lights nowadays. I use a flat-top brush to apply, but the puff it comes with is amazing and offers even more coverage. A little expensive (it goes fast) but worth it. Packaging could be prettier, but whatevs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone and combination skin. I wanted something I wanted cover without looking cakey and found what I was looking for with Powder FX.
It's the best coverage I've ever had. Covers wonderfully and you can also use it as a concealer simply by layering the powder over blemishes with an eyeshadow brush (or similar).
A bit expensive but absolutely worth it. Bonuses are that it's SPF 10, oil absorbing, and is free of oil, parabens. Perfect for all skin types but excellent for those prone to acne.
Although, I do find that towards the end of the work day I have to dab at my face with an matte sheet to absorb a bit of oil, but then problem solved.
I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by meezymeli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this powder foundation this past summer since I didn't wanna use anything thick such as liquid or cream foundation. I would apply concealer where needed and used my elf flat top brush to buff the powder into my skin. It gave flawless and amazing coverage! I couldn't believe the results I was getting from a pressed product. Also, I love how Cover FX specializes their products towards people with sensitive skin. This didn't make me break out at all which is fantastic. The only con is that I get super shiny within 3-4 hours. But I didn't use a primer and it's also not targeted towards oil control. I wear shade M60.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best coverage powder!

- Unbeatable coverage
- Fine powder/blendable
- Great staying power
- Great for Asian skin tones
- Expensive (but worth it)
- Under-rated
- Covers without drying or flaking
- Not oily
- Skin can still breathe

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ellevella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the most amazing finishing powder I have ever owned! Unlike most, which gives your skin a sort of oily, sort of glittery look (you know...) this one matifys just enough without making you look pasty and dry. It looks glowy, not glittery! I love this powder! The price seems steep, but it lasts for so long! It's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by itsrachmang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has changed my skin for the better! I used to use Bare Minerals, but had been experiencing breakouts. So my esthetician suggested to stop using makeup all together. And guess what? My skin cleared up! BUT I still wanted a powder that I could use to even out my skin tone and of course some acne scars. She suggested this powder. It has great coverage (also buildable), looks natural, and there is absolutely no MESS/FUSS with this product! Even though it is more expensive than BE and (for me) can be slightly drying, I think it is absolutely worth the switch! I totally recommend it for everyday use.

***UPDATE! -- Ended up returning this. For the winter it is too drying. I felt like it was very noticeable that I was wearing a powder but that is bc my skin is dry. It could also have been that it was the wrong color, but the next shade would have been too dark for me...so I just ended up returning it.

***UPDATE 4/27/12 -- I bought this again now that its getting warmer...and its working beautifully!!! It's keeping my acne prone skin calm and covers up my acne scars without looking cakey. I did get a shade darker (M60) for the summer time. I wonder if it was just that I needed a more moisturized face before using this..I'll have to see when the weather changes...again.