April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a very pale person with dark hair I struggle to find nude shades which don't make me look like the undead. I originally went to the local MAC counter thinking I'd go for Hue or Velvet Teddy, but when testing them both seemed either not my favourite texture (matte) or too pale or yellow for my skin tone. I came across Mehr just perusing the lipsticks and loved the browny pink shade so much I instantly went for it instead.

I didn't regret it! It's not a nude, but gives a lovely mauve pink shade to my lips which really suits my skin tone and brings out the colour in my cheeks. It's easy enough to wear during daytime with some lip balm or on a night time with a dramatic eye. Great all rounder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jewels64

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mehr is a matte "dirty"-toned, medium pink that is a darker MLBB color. I don't find it noticeably drying on my lips, but it doesn't seem to feel quite as nice as some of the other recent mattes that MAC has come out with. I originally passed on this in favor of Yash when they were introduced as limited edition with the Mickey Contractor collection, but I later found myself really wanting Mehr, and finally got it when it became part of the permanent collection. Overall, Mehr is a nice lipstick that is a great addition to MAC's permanent line-up, and worth it at this price point, but I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid over-retail for it, or had I traded another highly-sought-after lipstick for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I think this is close to a universally flattering shade, if that is actually possible. I loved it when it was promoted with the Mickey Contractor collection and was sad I did not have backups. Luckily, MAC seems to have added this to their permanent line. If you liked Gem of Roses with the Semi-Precious collection, this one is similar but a bit darker and matte. I love how MAC has reformulated their mattes as well. This one is not at all drying to me, like say for instance Ruby Woo. This actually made my lips look smoother and more moisturized. Lasted all day as well. Highly recommend!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't know MAC was repromoting this but I saw it on the colors drop down list and ordered one the other day, well it arrived yesterday and I have been wearing it ever since. I'm pale with pale lips and on me this leans a cooler, plumy midtone dusty pink. It's very versatile and I love MAC's matte formula. Win!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I am definitely one of those women who likes to step out of the box and play with color. Being a product of a 80's teen I love bright, bold lips. The problem is I also quite often love brigh, bold eyes and I know it's the norm to wear a nude lip with a bold eye, but I hate nude lips on myself. In steps MEHR which is the perfect MLBB lipstick shade on my nw20 skin. I love pinks but on me this is a dusky, rose-mauve. It looks totally natural on me and is the perfect compromise to a nude lip for me. It's hard to come by but if you find it, it's worth the search IMO. I have 2 tubes and imagine I'll use both eventually. I love this lipstick for a more natural lip for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstick intending to layer it over MAC Diva. It does work well that way, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it looks lovely on me by itself. Although I'm fair/medium (NW 20 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid) and don't have very pigmented lips, I don't like very light colors on me. Mehr is light pink, but has enough brown in it ("brown" isn't the right word, but I can't think of a better one) to soften the stark quality of the light pink and humanize it. It's actually an MLBB shade on me.

For those looking for a dupe, MUFE's Rouge Artist Intense #4, which is also matte, is very close. It's a little pinker than Mehr, so you'd have to mix in a bit of a nude shade, and the formula is inferior in that it's dry and pulls across your lips when you apply it. It's also more expensive, but it IS widely available, which Mehr never was.

Would I buy this again? Definitely. In fact, I bought two, thinking that I'd swap the other--but now I'm thinking of keeping it as a backup!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Nima

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely matte lipstick. While pink, it does have a mauve undertone which does not render it a true pink. Straight up, it does not look extremely flattering on my skin tone. So I dab it lightly and run my finger over it for a soft pink tint. On the other hand, I pair it with Partial to Pink creamsheen glass or icescape lipglass to tone down the look.

For a matte lipstick, it is surprisingly creamy and does not leave my lips dry or flakey. Overall a lovely lipstick but I need to put in some effort and that is why I don't use it as often as I'd like!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mehr is a Limited Edition lipstick and was recently released in the Mac & Mickey Contractor Collection (January 2011). It is a Matte formula and is described as a Dirty Blue Pink. I had high hopes for this lipstick and was a little disappointed in it. It is a lot more "dirty" than I had imagined it and a lot darker. It is still a very nice color but by the way it was described I assumed it would have been a bit different. MAC matte lipsticks are kind of hit and miss when it comes to the way they wear. Some are quite creamy despite being a matte formula. Unfortunately this is not one of those lipsticks. This tends to get dry on me very quickly. At first it feels ok but then after a few minutes of wear you start to notice your lips looking a bit dry. I like to wear this lipstick over a heavy layer of chapstick and with a lighter pink lipgloss over top. I sometimes wear it without lipgloss but it still eventually starts to look dry.
Similar shades include Brave and Fast Play, both from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have found a dupe for this color, or if it's not, it's just amazingly close !
I wanted to tell you in case you were searching for one.
I have this addiction for Armani (Rouge d'Armani) lipsticks and I have swatched the Armani 502 and the Mac Mehr. Honestly for me the color is quite the same. The finish is different, I feel Armani is more hydrating and shinier. It's worth checking it out if you were not able to get Mehr and if you are looking for a similar color.
I find both of them long lasting, but I absolutely prefer the Armani formula ;o)
I had swatched both side by side at 7pm, at 10pm the swatches were still clearly there, the day after I still had the stain of both, the Armani was much more present and defined.
I will not buy again Mehr as the 502 from Armani is much more comfortable to wear.
In my picture, on the left it is Mehr, on the right it is Armani 502

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by janicej

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister gave me a tube of Mehr (and picked one up for herself). I love the colour and texture. It's a true pink (I wear with Soar lip pencil), suitable for daytime and strong enough for nighttime. The matte texture is perfect, not drying as some other matte lipsticks can be. I see from other reviews that it suits dark-skinned girls which is pretty cool, because I'm a very fair natural blonde (the whole bit, invisible eyelashes and eyebrows) and it works well for my colouring too--what a very versatile shade!