Burt's Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Sugar Scrub

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Overall a nice scrub but not as moisturizing as I thought it would be. Won't rebuy this one unless it's on a major sale or markdown. This is better used in the summer months and smells amazing good enough to eat.

on 7/12/2012 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff smells AMAZING. The scent is by far the best part about it and the only thing that makes me want to repurchase. It is a pretty good scrub though but I won't be repurchasing because the texture of it is extremely similar to what you get when you combine sugar, olive oil, and honey. Because of this, I feel like it is a waste of money because you can make the exact same thing yourself for cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I luv this!

Pro's
- can use all over body and has oil so it's very moisturizing.
- exfoliating beads are thick and there's alot of them so it exfoliates very well
- has a delicious smell and is 100% natural

cons
- can only be used on face when it's super dry, or it'llmake it really oily
- a little expensive
- WARNING: CAN GO BAD!!! - it's happened to my sister who left it in teh bath tub for 3 weeks- and didn't touch it

ew

but otherwise it's a great natural amazing smelling scrub

on 4/15/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is actually a really good scrub. The texture is the perfect balance between coarse and moisturizing. And when I use it, even though I've got extremely dry skin, lotion is almost unnecessary. Almost. This gets my elbows and legs super smooth. I like the pieces of berry in it as well, as they remind me that this isn't just a bunch of fragrance oil and dye.

My only beef with it really is that I subjectively didn't love the scent. Red berries can get a bit medicinal for me, and this was no exception. But I'd advise others to give it a try (and a sniff if you can smell a tester at Whole Foods or elsewhere), as a good non-toxic scrub available at the drugstores is rare.

on 12/22/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have put off buying any scrubs because i usually make my own but this caught my eye at cvs. I needed a change from my usual concoctions. this was totally worth it. I used it in the shower on my face which has been really flakey looking lately. I know that sugar has natural exfoliating properties beyond just the gritty texture and this looked like it would smell great b/c of the cranberry. It worked awesome and smelled delicious! Yes, it does leave behind an oily feeling at first, but this is what i wanted b/c my skin is so darn dry. i didnt want to dry it out more by using a harsh drying scrub. My homemade scrub feels much the same after using and then the oils sink right in to moisturize your skin. There is no way that i am going to venture into making a scrub with pomegrante and cranberry at home, so I am happy to repurchase when this runs out and I want to change things up a bit.

on 11/17/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First of all, the smell: smells like rancid oil and vomit. My jar was purchased brand new from Ulta, and the safety film inside the jar was sealed tight when I first opened it. However, I think this had turned/gone off.

Second: the oiliness! This leaves behind a thick layer of grease all over the body, the bath tub, clogs up my razor, etc. I felt like I was getting ready to swim the English Channel, I had so much grease on my skin. I had to re-wash with another product before I could leave the shower. That much oil would have stained and ruined whatever garments I put on, not to mention the towels I used to dry off.

As an exfoliator, it worked fine, but I couldn't get beyond the smell and feel of this. I'm actually going to throw this away rather than finish what's left in the jar -- it's that bad.

on 10/6/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it this- the natural fruity scent, scrubby little particles and the softness of my skin afterwards... feels like I'm treating myself to a spa treatment. so reasonably priced and natural too.

on 9/26/2011 1:51:00 PM

Pregnancy hormones have really played a number on my skin. I couldnt afford to go to the beauty counter and buy what I was looking for, and wanted a thick rough body scrub to get the taut feeling out of my skin. This was recomended to me by a Walgreens employee. I came home and was so excited I had to open it and use it right away !! The first time I used it I did it as a dry scrub just to get a really good exfolliation, so I used a little more than usual. It was amazing !! It left my skin feeling moisturized and soft, no more dry and taut feeling to my skin. Put on a bath robe and read a book and just let the moisturizers soak in !!! I wish Burts Bees made a moisturizer in the same delicious scent, very fruity, and refreshing I think. 1 lippy off for the amount you get in a jar for the price that it was.. It wasnt my usual 32.00 body scrub, but I get the same amount for that price. I think for 14.00 there should be a little more product. Overall VERY satisfied !!

on 8/21/2011 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the healthy ingredients, I love the cranberry smell and the deep red colour is fun. As for exfoliation, the sugar is really fine, quite densely packed giving a good scrub - fab on feet. There's no need to moisturise afterwards, it's full of rich oils that remain on your skin for the rest of the day. Downsides: leaves bath slippy, doesn't last long.

on 8/15/2011 11:48:00 PM

I'd definitely prefer Exfotonic (which is Discon now) and or Soap&Glory Flake Away. The exfoliating beds are gentle and I can feel instant smoother skin afterwards. However, this softness is not long-lasting while the essential oil consisted stay all day long on my skin. I feel oily and smell so oily as well. So, I don't like it especially at this price.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products