September 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Body Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Cranberry & Pomegranate Sugar Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by booshaynay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells AMAZING. The scent is by far the best part about it and the only thing that makes me want to repurchase. It is a pretty good scrub though but I won't be repurchasing because the texture of it is extremely similar to what you get when you combine sugar, olive oil, and honey. Because of this, I feel like it is a waste of money because you can make the exact same thing yourself for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I luv this!

Pro's
- can use all over body and has oil so it's very moisturizing.
- exfoliating beads are thick and there's alot of them so it exfoliates very well
- has a delicious smell and is 100% natural

cons
- can only be used on face when it's super dry, or it'llmake it really oily
- a little expensive
- WARNING: CAN GO BAD!!! - it's happened to my sister who left it in teh bath tub for 3 weeks- and didn't touch it

ew

but otherwise it's a great natural amazing smelling scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is actually a really good scrub. The texture is the perfect balance between coarse and moisturizing. And when I use it, even though I've got extremely dry skin, lotion is almost unnecessary. Almost. This gets my elbows and legs super smooth. I like the pieces of berry in it as well, as they remind me that this isn't just a bunch of fragrance oil and dye.

My only beef with it really is that I subjectively didn't love the scent. Red berries can get a bit medicinal for me, and this was no exception. But I'd advise others to give it a try (and a sniff if you can smell a tester at Whole Foods or elsewhere), as a good non-toxic scrub available at the drugstores is rare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have put off buying any scrubs because i usually make my own but this caught my eye at cvs. I needed a change from my usual concoctions. this was totally worth it. I used it in the shower on my face which has been really flakey looking lately. I know that sugar has natural exfoliating properties beyond just the gritty texture and this looked like it would smell great b/c of the cranberry. It worked awesome and smelled delicious! Yes, it does leave behind an oily feeling at first, but this is what i wanted b/c my skin is so darn dry. i didnt want to dry it out more by using a harsh drying scrub. My homemade scrub feels much the same after using and then the oils sink right in to moisturize your skin. There is no way that i am going to venture into making a scrub with pomegrante and cranberry at home, so I am happy to repurchase when this runs out and I want to change things up a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, the smell: smells like rancid oil and vomit. My jar was purchased brand new from Ulta, and the safety film inside the jar was sealed tight when I first opened it. However, I think this had turned/gone off.

Second: the oiliness! This leaves behind a thick layer of grease all over the body, the bath tub, clogs up my razor, etc. I felt like I was getting ready to swim the English Channel, I had so much grease on my skin. I had to re-wash with another product before I could leave the shower. That much oil would have stained and ruined whatever garments I put on, not to mention the towels I used to dry off.

As an exfoliator, it worked fine, but I couldn't get beyond the smell and feel of this. I'm actually going to throw this away rather than finish what's left in the jar -- it's that bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it this- the natural fruity scent, scrubby little particles and the softness of my skin afterwards... feels like I'm treating myself to a spa treatment. so reasonably priced and natural too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cbbegley

Pregnancy hormones have really played a number on my skin. I couldnt afford to go to the beauty counter and buy what I was looking for, and wanted a thick rough body scrub to get the taut feeling out of my skin. This was recomended to me by a Walgreens employee. I came home and was so excited I had to open it and use it right away !! The first time I used it I did it as a dry scrub just to get a really good exfolliation, so I used a little more than usual. It was amazing !! It left my skin feeling moisturized and soft, no more dry and taut feeling to my skin. Put on a bath robe and read a book and just let the moisturizers soak in !!! I wish Burts Bees made a moisturizer in the same delicious scent, very fruity, and refreshing I think. 1 lippy off for the amount you get in a jar for the price that it was.. It wasnt my usual 32.00 body scrub, but I get the same amount for that price. I think for 14.00 there should be a little more product. Overall VERY satisfied !!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

I love the healthy ingredients, I love the cranberry smell and the deep red colour is fun. As for exfoliation, the sugar is really fine, quite densely packed giving a good scrub - fab on feet. There's no need to moisturise afterwards, it's full of rich oils that remain on your skin for the rest of the day. Downsides: leaves bath slippy, doesn't last long.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

I'd definitely prefer Exfotonic (which is Discon now) and or Soap&Glory Flake Away. The exfoliating beds are gentle and I can feel instant smoother skin afterwards. However, this softness is not long-lasting while the essential oil consisted stay all day long on my skin. I feel oily and smell so oily as well. So, I don't like it especially at this price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised that there are not more reviews on this sensational product. I love, love, love this amazing scrub ~ It is a delicious delight. It's probably the best DS scrub that I have ever purchased. I haven't tried this on my skin, other than my feet. During the winter, I took a bath every night, so I didn't have any problems with cracked, dry feet. When summertime arrived, I had some cracks on my heels that needed immediate attention.

This scrub is gritty, smells excellent, and the sugar granules along with my pumice stone, gave me the softest, crack free heels. I will be using this scrub all summer long. I love oily, gritty scrubs, the oilier the better for me and my feet. Use extra caution when showering, so not to slip or fall. I will definitely buy this product again...