August 20, 2014 | 2015 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I am a fan of PC products, and have not normally had any problems with them. However this toner caused a reaction, I broke out in red blotches after a couple of weeks' use. When I stopped using the toner they disappeared. I'm disappointed, and wish I knew which ingredient in this was to blame.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brand; it seems to be my HG brand because, although I stray, I always wind up coming back to it!

I like this toner a lot. It's very rich and creamy, so much so it doesn't absorb into a cotton pad (you have to apply it directly onto your face with your hand).

It is very strong though. It winds up irritating my skin and I get flakes all over. So I use the Skin Recovery Toner to get the same results without the irritation. That is the only reason it lost a lippie and the reason I would not buy again. Otherwise, it is a very good toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lene375

I was never a believer in toners, but this one converted me. It has a milky-liquid consistency and feels great on the skin. Its loaded with antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients. I use this twice daily, in the AM and PM. Since I have combo oily skin, I use this as my day-time moisturizer as it has moisturizing capabilities, unlike most toners which just dry out your skin. I am so happy with this product that when I do my daily skin regime, I always look forward to the part when I put this on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Liene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After getting samples, I wasn't sure about getting the full size of this product. It's not your average toner, it's milky and contains silicons, but it does leave your skin very soft (due to the silicons). I decided to order it, use it with the rest of the resist-line, and love it! The only thing I don't like about it, is the relatively small packaging. It contains 118ml (4 fl. oz.) and I already know this will be the first product to be empty. I will buy this again, along with the rest of the resist products, all combined they are truly HG-worthy!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dry, sensitive skin could not tolerate this toner. In general I dont use a toner, but I figured this was a unique toner with all its ingredients. Unfortunately, it irritated my skin and bumps appeared almost immediately when I tested it.
Texture wise, its milky, thinnish and absorbs easily,
I like the fact that she gives out samples, and explains each ingredient.
So three stars for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by runningwithmyheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this toner -- swapped out a daily AHA/BHA combo toner and use this instead. It's a lotion-type toner, but feels soothing and cool while removing any remaining makeup after cleansing. The toner delivers a good dose of antioxidants and light moisturizing ingredients, too, so it's not just an extra cleansing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I debated on purchasing this toner due to the price. I never felt toners were woth the effort or the money unless they contained AHA or BHA (more of a treatment)

This one has changed my mind. It is a white milky liquid loaded with antioxidents. It feels good going on - does not sting my reactive skin (due to retinoids). It is slightly moisturizing, so those with oily skin may want to skip this one. This calms redness so I am very pleased and plan to repurchase.

FYI - If cones break you out, you will want to pass on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, this toner breaks me out. My 50 year old skin should not be breaking out, but every time I try to use this - there is it! Acne. No thanks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by CaroleSim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Being older my skin is definitely looking for moisture without a lot of oil to cause breakouts. I LOVE this Toner. My skin feels so refreshed and hydrated. The list of ingredients proves that it has lots of anti-oxidants and is a fantastic product.

Since I wrote this review I have found out that, unfortunately, this and most all of Paula's products contain animal ingredients. So while Paula says that they are not animal tested, they are loaded with animal products. So sad. I no longer recommend this or any of her products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't really class this as a toner. It's a good product , but its more like a serum. If you're using an antioxidant serum and an antioxidant moisturiser as well I don't think this toner is really necessary. I use a cheap toner by boots and sometimes the Clinique mild toner as it's a mild exfoliant, but i don't see the point in this one for reasons I've already mentioned.If you skip the serum step I suppose this would be beneficial, otherwise unnecessary.Paula herself used to say that toners weren't needed as a good cleanser should do the job.If you're still getting a whole load of gunk on a cotton pad with a toner after cleansing,I would rethink my cleansing regime.This is a good product though and I am a big fan of Paula's.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No