October 23, 2014 | 911 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As Paula herself states, there are few toners out there worth one's time and money; fortunately, this is one of them. It adds moisture, antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients, and other goodies to your skin. It really steps up your beauty routine. The only reason I don't use it is I found PC's Skin Recovery Toner works better for my dry, sensitive skin as it has more protective ingredients, which I need for my rosacea, seb derm, and eczema. I highly recommend using one of PC's toners, though, given all of their benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely toner but go through it quite quickly and it is sadly expensive for those of us in the UK.

Keeps my skin soft. Containus hyaluronate which is great for the skin plus lots of antioxidants.

What more can I say? Great toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Paula's products are real hit or miss with me. The hits, though, are usually out of the ballpark. This is one of those products.

My skin is turning the corner from oily to drier so I have been playing around with different moisturizers. There were a couple that seemed awesome one day but terrible the next. Well, this toner was the difference. If I didn't use this toner, the mediocre moisturizers didn't cut it. I can see where it would be moisturizing enough for some to not require a separate moisturizer except to provide sunscreen, if you desire. It is so soothing and makes my skin feel happy and soft.

My only gripe is that it seems really expensive, especially from someone who preached for so long that toners were not necessary at all and who regularly harangues other companies for being overpriced and gimicky. The entire RESIST line seems high $$$ and gimicky (Skin Remodeling Complex? C'mon, Paula, go back and read your own dogma). Regardless, I will continue to repurchase. Paula does NOT test on animals and their processing time is really good.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I am a fan of PC products, and have not normally had any problems with them. However this toner caused a reaction, I broke out in red blotches after a couple of weeks' use. When I stopped using the toner they disappeared. I'm disappointed, and wish I knew which ingredient in this was to blame.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brand; it seems to be my HG brand because, although I stray, I always wind up coming back to it!

I like this toner a lot. It's very rich and creamy, so much so it doesn't absorb into a cotton pad (you have to apply it directly onto your face with your hand).

It is very strong though. It winds up irritating my skin and I get flakes all over. So I use the Skin Recovery Toner to get the same results without the irritation. That is the only reason it lost a lippie and the reason I would not buy again. Otherwise, it is a very good toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lene375

I was never a believer in toners, but this one converted me. It has a milky-liquid consistency and feels great on the skin. Its loaded with antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients. I use this twice daily, in the AM and PM. Since I have combo oily skin, I use this as my day-time moisturizer as it has moisturizing capabilities, unlike most toners which just dry out your skin. I am so happy with this product that when I do my daily skin regime, I always look forward to the part when I put this on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Liene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After getting samples, I wasn't sure about getting the full size of this product. It's not your average toner, it's milky and contains silicons, but it does leave your skin very soft (due to the silicons). I decided to order it, use it with the rest of the resist-line, and love it! The only thing I don't like about it, is the relatively small packaging. It contains 118ml (4 fl. oz.) and I already know this will be the first product to be empty. I will buy this again, along with the rest of the resist products, all combined they are truly HG-worthy!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dry, sensitive skin could not tolerate this toner. In general I dont use a toner, but I figured this was a unique toner with all its ingredients. Unfortunately, it irritated my skin and bumps appeared almost immediately when I tested it.
Texture wise, its milky, thinnish and absorbs easily,
I like the fact that she gives out samples, and explains each ingredient.
So three stars for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by runningwithmyheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this toner -- swapped out a daily AHA/BHA combo toner and use this instead. It's a lotion-type toner, but feels soothing and cool while removing any remaining makeup after cleansing. The toner delivers a good dose of antioxidants and light moisturizing ingredients, too, so it's not just an extra cleansing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I debated on purchasing this toner due to the price. I never felt toners were woth the effort or the money unless they contained AHA or BHA (more of a treatment)

This one has changed my mind. It is a white milky liquid loaded with antioxidents. It feels good going on - does not sting my reactive skin (due to retinoids). It is slightly moisturizing, so those with oily skin may want to skip this one. This calms redness so I am very pleased and plan to repurchase.

FYI - If cones break you out, you will want to pass on this one.