August 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by librawitch

Bought the shade warm online sight unseen and I'm glad I did. Love the color, its a beautiful coral color and is perfect for my skin tone, which has a yellow base. It also compliments my red hair. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Translucent version of this product.

The copy on the package is loopy, with claims that this product is "infused with Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and and help protect the skin from environmental stress." Seriously, "Euphoryl"? What a bunch of hooey. The product is cute, it's in a shiny pink aluminum case and the powder has pretty colors and at least one heart shape. That might cheer you up, but I really doubt those claims. There's no sunscreen, and talc is the first ingredient. It also says that "the sweet scent of violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply," but this product doesn't have any scent that I can detect - so if you're concerned about the violet fragrance promised, I don't think you've anything to worry about.

The translucent provides nice highlights, kind of shimmery but not glittery. My skin is pretty pale, so I use this as a highlight since bronzers do me no favors. I apply it with a regular powder brush.The "vibrant pink heart" in the palette quickly lost its color - the package claims that this gives cheeks a healthy pop of color. I disagree.

As always, the PF brush is useless. The part of the compact that's supposed to click it closed quickly broke. Come on, PF, time to redesign these.

Despite the above complaints, I think this is a decent product. It's suitable for carrying around in my purse (unlike the Body Shop highlighter that comes in a wacky dome). I might try the darker, more blush-like version next time. I gave 4 lippies because the container broke and the brush is useless.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have these in Translucent and Pink. Like many others I avoid the hot pink heart in the Pink compact because it's just too much. The colour is so pigmented that it doesn't blend well and leaves a pink streak on the face. Otherwise the colours are really nice and...happy!

Yes these are super duper shiny but they don't give that greasy-faced look as long as you use a light hand and don't layer them together. The bigger the fluffy brush you use with these, the better. (Throw away the brush that comes with the compact the instant you buy them, it's truly awful.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have the blush in natural.
First off there is sooo much shimmer to it. A little sheen is okay but I look like a disco ball. I also think the shades don't blend together I end up getting just the base colour.
The brush it comes with is a joke, why bother?
The lid also doesn't open fully if you open the lid back too far it blush pot pops up with it. To add, the blush pan isn't very secure I can wiggle it a bit. At least it comes with a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing 4 products from that Happy Booster line here:
Happy Booster Pressed Powder "Translucent"
Happy Booster Blush "Pink"
Happy Booster Blush "Warm"
Happy Booster Blush "Natural"
(I also have the Light Bronzer Happy Booster but have only used it 2x &wanted to use it more before reviewing!)

Beginning with the Translucent Powder. This stuff an amazing highlighting powder for me. For reference I have 30yr old, very fair &neutral undertoned skin that leans ever so slightly warm &is prone to clogged pores&blackheads with large/visible pores. If I wore MAC I'd currently wear N10 but can pull off NC15 at my darkest. I also have med-brown hair & eyes.
&I'm typically a liquid highlighter kind of gal. Products like Benefit HighBeam, ELF Lilac Petal Facial Whip, Hard Candy Glow All The Way in Doll Face, & Rimmel Wake Me Up Liquid Luminizer in shade 001 are my "go-to fool-proof highlighters". All powder highlighters I try seem to give me a "sheen" rather than a "glow" &for whatever reason that sheen isn't flattering on my personal skin type/tone &some even seem to enhance my already visible pores which is just not flattering no matter what. So I completely quit looking in the direction of powder highlighters for quite some time until recently I wanted something to be able to quickly dust on in a pinch &get a "glowing from within" kind of look. Being a stay at home mom of two, I don't need to(or have the time to)do up a full face of makeup daily but still like to try to look my best at the same time. After reading raves regarding the Translucent Powder I figured I'd give it a go and am so glad that I did!
Obviously the brush that is included with this (&with ALL the Happy Booster products) is not the ideal brush for application. I don't even know if it would work in a pinch as it's very scratchy & doesn't pick up the right amount of product to apply. I'm currently rotating around a few different brushes w/it but am finding my results are similar with all 3. (ELF Studio Mini Kabuki, ELF's $1 Professional Total Face Brush, & WalMart's "HD Powder Brush"). On average days, I'll just take one of those large/fluffy brushes, swirl it around on the powder, then dust it all over my face, focusing on my mid forehead, down the middle of my nose, upper cheekbones, &cupids bow. I also(more recently)started trying to pick up individual shades with a small yet fluffy concealer brush. The "hearts" in this compact are all large enough that w/ a concealer brush I can dip in &get any of the particular shades that I want on their own. (&Have been also doing this w/the "Light Bronzer")
Translucent contains a large white heart, small pink heart, med. peach heart, & a few bronzey colored hearts scattered around, all w/ a baby pink background behind those hearts.
I have to say, the packaging is slightly bulky & included brush is pathetic, but other than that I LOVE the pink compact &the different heart shapes & shades! My Happy Boosters are definitely some of the prettiest cosmetics that I own! <3
I also have acne/clog-prone skin & was very concerned that this may break me out if I dusted it all over my face, specifically over the areas that are most prone to congestion (my lower cheeks/sides of my face, forehead, chin) -but I've experienced no skin issues from any of the Happy Boosters, &it's been about 2 months of continuous use now!(Yay!)
Overall, I wouldn't even hesitate to repurchase the Translucent H.B.! Paid right around $10-11 USD for it at my local WalMart but very often CVS & RiteAid have sales on Physicians Formula products, so it's easy to find them for less than that.

The "Pink" blush is one of the newer Happy Boosters(The originals were Natural & Rose. Then more recently they released Pink & Warm) &I was a little skeptical of Pink, worried it would be too similar to Rose (which was a little too "bold" for me..there wasn't anything wrong w/Rose other than that I am very fair &felt like it just wasn't flattering on me. BUT I've seen it be very flattering on others) So I swapped "Rose" away many months ago then hesitated on Pink. Now I regret hesitating b/c they're quite different! Pink is one of those blushes that is a pop of pink. Perfect for pairing w/ a bronzer or contour or something of that nature when you want to brighten up your complexion ever so slightly. ALL of the hearts in the "Pink" compact are PINK (Duh right? lol ;D) What I MEAN is, Warm & Natural contain different shades/tones of pink, but Pink is 100% pink. So it's especially perfect for anyone who likes a "Bubblegum/Barbie Pink" blush.
With all of the HB Blushes (including Pink) -they're not matte. If you're looking for matte products these are simply not for you. Some of the hearts in the blushes contain shimmer, others contain glimmer, &others contain that "sheen". But when you take a large brush &swirl them all together they become incredibly flattering.
As with the Translucent Pressed Powder, I paid right around $11 for my HB Blushes.
Now onto Warm, the other "newer" HB Blush shade. Warm contains baby pink hearts, mauve-y hearts, &one pinky-coral heart. All on a light pink background. The heart with the coral shade in it is what makes this one so unique. I did not expect to love Warm as much as I do! I feel like when I swirl these particular heart shades together, I get a blush that is totally unique. It becomes a pinky plum shade with a slight peach undertone (from the coral heart). It's easy to avoid that coral-toned heart though (if you wanted to) since it's on the right hand side. But I personally adore it!
&Lastly, Natural. Probably the one that gets the most use from me. I like rockin bold eye shadow looks very often & "Natural" isn't over the top whatsoever, so it allows me to do crazy eye & lip looks while keeping my cheeks looking "natural" ;)
Natural contains 1 deep plum heart, 3 deep pink hearts, 1 large mauve heart, & 1 large beige heart on a med. pink background.

5 lippies well deserved for PF'

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

That's a great blush. I have the pink shade and it looks fantastic. It is not glittery, it lasts for very long, it looks glamorous. It does a great job!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by FLJutta59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the rose blush and I come back to it over and over. I've tried all the other drug store brands and this one looks the best on my 53 year old face. Infact I've been using quite a few Physicians Formular products and I am impressed. There isn't anything I wouldn't try from this company except for the glittery eyeshadows. I have all the matte ones and love them - bronzer etc. I would highly recommend Physicians Formula to anyone in my age group.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by LAgurl1997

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in "warm" and it gives me THE best glow :) Love it~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

I have the Happy Booster "Glow & Mood Boosting 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush" in Bronze/Natural.

I am so mad at myself for buying this, because it doesn't show up on my skin at all. It's practically invisible! For reference, I'm a NC42 in mac.

The smell is ok, nothing great. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

This product is absolutely amazing. I have it in translucent and wasn't expecting much, but the scent is very subtle, it has very little glitter when applied to the face, and it just gives a nice highlight that works very well with my pale skin. The packaging is adorable, but sort of chunky and weird since underneath the powder is a little flat brush. The brush is completely useless compared to a good fluffy brush, so keep that in mind. However, it is a really good quality highlight and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice finishing powder with subtle shimmer.