October 1, 2014 | 1793 users online

Lip Treatments - Hurraw Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found these at a shop in my state after hearing about them for so long and never actually seeing them in local shops. Needless to say, I was quite excited, especially with the buy-two-get-one deal I happened upon.
I bought two of the tinted black cherry ones (one for me and one for a friend) and one almond (for my husband, whose lip balm I had accidentally thrown in the wash). I immediately put on the black cherry balm, and have been wearing it for the past two days now pretty consistently. And I like it.
My lips are pretty much always chapped. I've found some balms that work for a while, but then my lips get used to them and the balms no longer work for me. I was running out of vegan balm options here in CT, so happening upon these was definitely a bit of a tiny blessing.
They are quite hydrating and they glide on smoothly, almost like a gel. The tint, on my pale lips, isn't super noticeable, but it's enough to keep them from looking dull and beige. I can apply it without a mirror and it wakes up my face a little.
The lasting power is a downfall. I do have to reapply this quite frequently. Thankfully, the hydration seems to last even after the balm wears off, so that's a plus.
I wish it was a slightly more matte finish, but I understand with the raw oils from which this balm is made, it would be difficult to achieve that kind of a texture.
Over all, I'm pleased. It's not perfect, but since it's slim pickin's here in CT for vegan balms, I'm happy to have found an option that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in the tinted cherry version. It's my true mlbb. I love the fact that it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients (like mineral oil) and that it doesn't melt. Absolutely a new staple in my extensive lip balm family!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

LOVE these lip balms! I first purchased the night repair balm and loved it so purchased the chocolate the vanilla and the almond! These smell and taste delicious and are super moisturizing. I've tried plenty of lip balms but nothing has completely healed my dry/chapped lips until coming across these. I Will not go with out any of these balms now. Good job New Zealand for making such a top product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this lip balm is about doing something good for your lips in the long term; it has natural, moisturizing ingredients that will help over a period of time, instead of coating your lips with silicone or petroleum for an instant fix. In their natural state, my lips are perpetually chapped/dry/peeling, but this stuff has pretty much fixed that. When I first applied it, I was totally surprised by the texture - it isn't waxy, sticky, or heavy - it's slick and smooth. The moisture sinks in, but leaves a pretty sheen on your lips. I love all the delicious and unusual scents/flavors. I've had chai tea, earl grey, and orange. I also just bought the "moon balm" and "sun balm," and they're both great. The packaging is attractive and streamlined, and easy to find when you're fishing around in your bag. On top of all that, it's organic - no nasty chemicals, alcohol, or preservatives. You can order online, and I've also found them in American Apparel stores. I highly recommend. In conclusion, this is the best lip balm I've ever used; it's even converted my sister, a formerly loyal Burt's Bees user. It's also the only lip balm that I've actually used up an entire tube of and never lost or misplaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So moisturising and so many flavours! Has a great smell, not too overpowering and organic as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, and I love tinted lip balms even more. I’ve been searching for the perfect an all-in-one product for years and years: something with a natural pinkish-red tint, good ingredients (I don’t like menthol, petroleum, or mineral oil in my products), decent and portable packaging, moisturizing, long-lasting, and ideally, with SPF. I know, quite the list, but you’d think that with thousands of brands and millions of products I would have found something suitable. Not so much. The closest is Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose, which really is wonderful except for the price.

This product, unfortunately, ranks near the bottom of my lip product list. There’s no SPF, which isn’t ideal but fine, as it doesn’t advertise as having any. The color is nice: subtle, a little more red than I like, but a good tint. However, this is one of the worst products I’ve tried in terms of lasting power. It’s VERY light and doesn’t moisturize already dry lips at all. It wears off quickly and is all-around useless as a lip treatment. I also don’t like the elongated oval shape, as I feel like I’m going against the grain of the product by holding it horizontal, but holding it vertically will apply product outside my lipline. In terms of similar products, I recommend L’oreal Le Balm, Burt’s Bees tinted lip balms, and Palladio’s tinted lip balms (in that order) as drugstore alternatives that last longer, moisturize better, and actually have color options.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mindlesswiggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never felt compelled to write a review until now. I am lip balm addict and have tried so many kinds, from drugstore to high end, but I am hooked on these lip balms. I love that they are made with all natural high quality ingredients. The scents are not too overpowering and there isn't any flavor or gross aftertaste. They don't melt or get goopy in your pocket. The oval tube shape is awesome, no rolling off the nightstand. Green tea is my least favorite, didn't care for the smell. Black cherry is awesome for a little tint. My favorites are vanilla bean and the night treatment balm. The night balm is a little thicker and the smell is just so unique. I find these last about 2 hrs on me. They feel super smooth and creamy and aren't too shiny. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by bluesummer204

I absolutely love these lip balms!! They are alittle pricey but they do a great job of making my lips soft. I don't feel like I need to reapply every hour like certain chapsticks and it's all natural. You can get these on amazon I think for $9 I believe or you can go on their website www.hurrawbalm.com. The only thing with ordering from the website is you need to order a minimum of 3 @ $7each. I love the coconut lip balm and the mint lip balm. I purcchased extras for stocking stuffers this xmas and they sent me a complimentary lip balm!! And they alway put nice little notes on the receipts. The free balm I received was the pitta. It has a zesty feeling with lemongrass and mint fusion. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a vegan lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by myrthed

I always lose these lipbalms because they're so small. I do love them and tried different ones! I live in Europe and they cost like €4. I've had the black cherry as last and I loved it. A friend of mine broke it because he was smelling it ALL THE TIME! It really does smell like cherry. It's really moisturizing at first but when my lips where really dry they didn't really get soft or something. So for smell and soft lips I would deffinitly buy this. Wouldn't purchase it if your lips are really dry.

And it's 100% organic and doens't melt in your pocket. Great for summers. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the tangerine balm. Smells just like tangerines. Delicious. Moisturize the lips. Best of all? 100% natural.