December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Lip Treatments - Hurraw Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Hurraw SPF 15 Sun Balm for daily sun protection, but it turned out to be very whitening, which really doesn't look great. It's not that easy to find in Canada either. I might repurchase, but only because I'm still looking for the perfect everyday lip balm with spf.

Ingredients:
Organic sweet almond oil, wild-crafted candelilla wax, raw and organic cocoa seed butter, raw and organic coconut oil, orange peel wax, cold-pressed organic castor seed oil, cold-pressed organic olive fruit oil, cold-pressed organic raspberry seed oil, cold-pressed organic seabuckthorn seed oil, cold-pressed organic pomegranate seed oil, tocopherols (sunflower), cold-pressed organic tangerine peel oil, wild-crafted chamomile flower extract, raw and organic vanilla bean, non-nano zinc oxide (10 percent).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this product! I originally just wanted the Earl Grey one but there was a minimum order of 3 online so I also ordered Coffee Bean and Chai Spice. Firstly, the company themselves get top marks from me - when I received my order, they had written nice little messages all over my invoice which really made me smile.
Secondly, the product also gets top marks. The fragrances are really nice - not overpowering. They feel really moisturising and don't melt in the hottest of days! I love the oval shape of this balm too for something a bit different and I actually think I'm beginning to prefer this shape for a balm!
Needless to say, after my pleasant experience with Hurraw! I have gone and purchased many many more...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love them!!! I live in Greece and I bought from the Hurraw site (which btw arrived relatively fast, less than 2 weeks).
I got the sun balm, the moon and the coconut one. And they sent me the cherry one for free!! I love all 4, they smell amazing and my lips, which before were constantly chapped and dry, now feel so soft!!
Lipsticks and balms don't wear long on my lips, but these balms, even after they're gone, leave my lips feeling so smooth!
I am a Nuxe Reve de Miel addict, but it has a waxy feeling that I sometimes don't want on my lips, so these work great as an alternative!
Love them, would highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very good lip balms! I have the Coffee Bean and Coconut flavours and both smell amazing and most importantly, do the job they are meant to do - moisturize your lips! As others have mentioned they glide on very smoothly and don't feel waxy or sticky when on. Will definitely repurchase, and they have so many yummy sounding flavours to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found these at a shop in my state after hearing about them for so long and never actually seeing them in local shops. Needless to say, I was quite excited, especially with the buy-two-get-one deal I happened upon.
I bought two of the tinted black cherry ones (one for me and one for a friend) and one almond (for my husband, whose lip balm I had accidentally thrown in the wash). I immediately put on the black cherry balm, and have been wearing it for the past two days now pretty consistently. And I like it.
My lips are pretty much always chapped. I've found some balms that work for a while, but then my lips get used to them and the balms no longer work for me. I was running out of vegan balm options here in CT, so happening upon these was definitely a bit of a tiny blessing.
They are quite hydrating and they glide on smoothly, almost like a gel. The tint, on my pale lips, isn't super noticeable, but it's enough to keep them from looking dull and beige. I can apply it without a mirror and it wakes up my face a little.
The lasting power is a downfall. I do have to reapply this quite frequently. Thankfully, the hydration seems to last even after the balm wears off, so that's a plus.
I wish it was a slightly more matte finish, but I understand with the raw oils from which this balm is made, it would be difficult to achieve that kind of a texture.
Over all, I'm pleased. It's not perfect, but since it's slim pickin's here in CT for vegan balms, I'm happy to have found an option that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in the tinted cherry version. It's my true mlbb. I love the fact that it doesn't contain any nasty ingredients (like mineral oil) and that it doesn't melt. Absolutely a new staple in my extensive lip balm family!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

LOVE these lip balms! I first purchased the night repair balm and loved it so purchased the chocolate the vanilla and the almond! These smell and taste delicious and are super moisturizing. I've tried plenty of lip balms but nothing has completely healed my dry/chapped lips until coming across these. I Will not go with out any of these balms now. Good job New Zealand for making such a top product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this lip balm is about doing something good for your lips in the long term; it has natural, moisturizing ingredients that will help over a period of time, instead of coating your lips with silicone or petroleum for an instant fix. In their natural state, my lips are perpetually chapped/dry/peeling, but this stuff has pretty much fixed that. When I first applied it, I was totally surprised by the texture - it isn't waxy, sticky, or heavy - it's slick and smooth. The moisture sinks in, but leaves a pretty sheen on your lips. I love all the delicious and unusual scents/flavors. I've had chai tea, earl grey, and orange. I also just bought the "moon balm" and "sun balm," and they're both great. The packaging is attractive and streamlined, and easy to find when you're fishing around in your bag. On top of all that, it's organic - no nasty chemicals, alcohol, or preservatives. You can order online, and I've also found them in American Apparel stores. I highly recommend. In conclusion, this is the best lip balm I've ever used; it's even converted my sister, a formerly loyal Burt's Bees user. It's also the only lip balm that I've actually used up an entire tube of and never lost or misplaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So moisturising and so many flavours! Has a great smell, not too overpowering and organic as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, and I love tinted lip balms even more. I’ve been searching for the perfect an all-in-one product for years and years: something with a natural pinkish-red tint, good ingredients (I don’t like menthol, petroleum, or mineral oil in my products), decent and portable packaging, moisturizing, long-lasting, and ideally, with SPF. I know, quite the list, but you’d think that with thousands of brands and millions of products I would have found something suitable. Not so much. The closest is Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose, which really is wonderful except for the price.

This product, unfortunately, ranks near the bottom of my lip product list. There’s no SPF, which isn’t ideal but fine, as it doesn’t advertise as having any. The color is nice: subtle, a little more red than I like, but a good tint. However, this is one of the worst products I’ve tried in terms of lasting power. It’s VERY light and doesn’t moisturize already dry lips at all. It wears off quickly and is all-around useless as a lip treatment. I also don’t like the elongated oval shape, as I feel like I’m going against the grain of the product by holding it horizontal, but holding it vertically will apply product outside my lipline. In terms of similar products, I recommend L’oreal Le Balm, Burt’s Bees tinted lip balms, and Palladio’s tinted lip balms (in that order) as drugstore alternatives that last longer, moisturize better, and actually have color options.