August 27, 2014 | 2033 users online

Lip Treatments - Hurraw Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, and I love tinted lip balms even more. I’ve been searching for the perfect an all-in-one product for years and years: something with a natural pinkish-red tint, good ingredients (I don’t like menthol, petroleum, or mineral oil in my products), decent and portable packaging, moisturizing, long-lasting, and ideally, with SPF. I know, quite the list, but you’d think that with thousands of brands and millions of products I would have found something suitable. Not so much. The closest is Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose, which really is wonderful except for the price.

This product, unfortunately, ranks near the bottom of my lip product list. There’s no SPF, which isn’t ideal but fine, as it doesn’t advertise as having any. The color is nice: subtle, a little more red than I like, but a good tint. However, this is one of the worst products I’ve tried in terms of lasting power. It’s VERY light and doesn’t moisturize already dry lips at all. It wears off quickly and is all-around useless as a lip treatment. I also don’t like the elongated oval shape, as I feel like I’m going against the grain of the product by holding it horizontal, but holding it vertically will apply product outside my lipline. In terms of similar products, I recommend L’oreal Le Balm, Burt’s Bees tinted lip balms, and Palladio’s tinted lip balms (in that order) as drugstore alternatives that last longer, moisturize better, and actually have color options.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mindlesswiggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never felt compelled to write a review until now. I am lip balm addict and have tried so many kinds, from drugstore to high end, but I am hooked on these lip balms. I love that they are made with all natural high quality ingredients. The scents are not too overpowering and there isn't any flavor or gross aftertaste. They don't melt or get goopy in your pocket. The oval tube shape is awesome, no rolling off the nightstand. Green tea is my least favorite, didn't care for the smell. Black cherry is awesome for a little tint. My favorites are vanilla bean and the night treatment balm. The night balm is a little thicker and the smell is just so unique. I find these last about 2 hrs on me. They feel super smooth and creamy and aren't too shiny. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by bluesummer204

I absolutely love these lip balms!! They are alittle pricey but they do a great job of making my lips soft. I don't feel like I need to reapply every hour like certain chapsticks and it's all natural. You can get these on amazon I think for $9 I believe or you can go on their website www.hurrawbalm.com. The only thing with ordering from the website is you need to order a minimum of 3 @ $7each. I love the coconut lip balm and the mint lip balm. I purcchased extras for stocking stuffers this xmas and they sent me a complimentary lip balm!! And they alway put nice little notes on the receipts. The free balm I received was the pitta. It has a zesty feeling with lemongrass and mint fusion. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a vegan lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by myrthed

I always lose these lipbalms because they're so small. I do love them and tried different ones! I live in Europe and they cost like €4. I've had the black cherry as last and I loved it. A friend of mine broke it because he was smelling it ALL THE TIME! It really does smell like cherry. It's really moisturizing at first but when my lips where really dry they didn't really get soft or something. So for smell and soft lips I would deffinitly buy this. Wouldn't purchase it if your lips are really dry.

And it's 100% organic and doens't melt in your pocket. Great for summers. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the tangerine balm. Smells just like tangerines. Delicious. Moisturize the lips. Best of all? 100% natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LeftyJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lip balm. I don't always carry a purse and most of my lip balms melt in my pocket (I live in Louisiana where it's sweltering a lot of the time), but this one doesn't. I've found it to be long-lasting, I like the smell, and it leaves a perfect natural berry tint and a nice shine-- great for a gal like me who isn't into lipstick for everyday. I should clarify that I don't use it as a lip treatment if my lips are already chapped, it's more of a preventative. I'm definitely going to buy more, and maybe some other flavors as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a whole bunch of these wholesale for myself and some friends a few years back when Hurraw first debuted. I was thrilled to see such a great range of flavours in vegan lip balms since most companies stick to peppermint and orange flavours in lines that offer a vegan option. I've tried Earl Grey, Coconut, Vanilla Bean, Black Cherry (tinted), Mint, Grapefruit, Lemon, Cinnamon (tinted),and Chai Spice in the Hurraw line and they're all fabulous.

They're fantastic quality balms. They go on smoothly, the flavours are perfectly balanced (not overwhelming), they offer quite a bit of shine (perfect for a pared-down natural look), and best of all they don't have stevia in them (many "natural" balms seem to do this, and it's just gross). They don't last long at all if you're drinking or eating, which is normal for most conventional balms really. You may find yourself reapplying several times a day, but that's fine because they're a pleasure to wear (lip balm junkies - these'll be a jackpot for you). They last a while, and you can stash them in your jeans pocket because they don't melt easily (then again, I live in western Canada, so it's not like it gets that hot here).

For me, I don't use them a whole lot because I don't find them hydrating. And that's not because they aren't hydrating in general. I personally don't find my skin anywhere on my body responds well to products with a lot of oil in them since oil doesn't provide hydration for me; it merely helps lock in hydration, which doesn't help if the skin isn't hydrated in the first place. So if you're looking for these balms to be hydrating and you already have chapped lips, I'm not sure they'll do the trick. But if you're looking to maintain hydration while keeping your beauty routine low-key, these are perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by penguinmonster

I have this lip balm in green tea flavour. It's the best lip balm I've ever used. So moisturizing all year through summer and winter (European winters, mind you).

Even better If you apply this lip balm before you put on the lip stick (MAC's TWIG in my case). Gives my lips an extra shine and glow. Love it.

However I smelled most of the other flavours and green tea seems to be the only flavour I like :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cahoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This could be my favourite lip balm of all time. I love these because they are not beeswax based, and have a very smooth texture. So in that respect, they may be less protective, but more moisturizing. I've tried several scents or 'flavours' - black licorice (mmm), lime (fresh), grapefruit and tea. A couple of flavours are tinted (cinnamon and black cherry) - I haven't tried those (I'm a lipstick gal, not really into gloss or tint). And I gave a coffee one to a guy friend who gave it a thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the black cherry tinted lip balm. I like the glossy smooth texture and the light cherry tint. The light scent reminds me of Twizzlers. It's a decent day time lip balm but I'd rather try the other flavors such as root beer (I love root beer!) than buy this one again. Worth a try if you can find it. I got mine as an add on item on amazon.