April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Lip Treatments - Hurraw Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a whole bunch of these wholesale for myself and some friends a few years back when Hurraw first debuted. I was thrilled to see such a great range of flavours in vegan lip balms since most companies stick to peppermint and orange flavours in lines that offer a vegan option. I've tried Earl Grey, Coconut, Vanilla Bean, Black Cherry (tinted), Mint, Grapefruit, Lemon, Cinnamon (tinted),and Chai Spice in the Hurraw line and they're all fabulous.

They're fantastic quality balms. They go on smoothly, the flavours are perfectly balanced (not overwhelming), they offer quite a bit of shine (perfect for a pared-down natural look), and best of all they don't have stevia in them (many "natural" balms seem to do this, and it's just gross). They don't last long at all if you're drinking or eating, which is normal for most conventional balms really. You may find yourself reapplying several times a day, but that's fine because they're a pleasure to wear (lip balm junkies - these'll be a jackpot for you). They last a while, and you can stash them in your jeans pocket because they don't melt easily (then again, I live in western Canada, so it's not like it gets that hot here).

For me, I don't use them a whole lot because I don't find them hydrating. And that's not because they aren't hydrating in general. I personally don't find my skin anywhere on my body responds well to products with a lot of oil in them since oil doesn't provide hydration for me; it merely helps lock in hydration, which doesn't help if the skin isn't hydrated in the first place. So if you're looking for these balms to be hydrating and you already have chapped lips, I'm not sure they'll do the trick. But if you're looking to maintain hydration while keeping your beauty routine low-key, these are perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by penguinmonster

I have this lip balm in green tea flavour. It's the best lip balm I've ever used. So moisturizing all year through summer and winter (European winters, mind you).

Even better If you apply this lip balm before you put on the lip stick (MAC's TWIG in my case). Gives my lips an extra shine and glow. Love it.

However I smelled most of the other flavours and green tea seems to be the only flavour I like :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cahoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This could be my favourite lip balm of all time. I love these because they are not beeswax based, and have a very smooth texture. So in that respect, they may be less protective, but more moisturizing. I've tried several scents or 'flavours' - black licorice (mmm), lime (fresh), grapefruit and tea. A couple of flavours are tinted (cinnamon and black cherry) - I haven't tried those (I'm a lipstick gal, not really into gloss or tint). And I gave a coffee one to a guy friend who gave it a thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the black cherry tinted lip balm. I like the glossy smooth texture and the light cherry tint. The light scent reminds me of Twizzlers. It's a decent day time lip balm but I'd rather try the other flavors such as root beer (I love root beer!) than buy this one again. Worth a try if you can find it. I got mine as an add on item on amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these lip balms. Unlike some other reviewers my lips don't dry out at all while wearing these but stay beautifully moisturised for ages. Love the cherry one especially, scent is great and the subtle hint of colour is lovely. I also have the Night Treatment with blue chamomile/vanilla. Fantastic to wake up with plump, moisturised lips

I live in Australia where cosmetics and skincare are ridiculously expensive compared to the States, but I discovered Iherb stocks Hurraw for $3.39. Bargain! I'll be back for more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by temperlinda08

i got the black cherry tinted. i didn't think my lips were very pigmented, so at first i was really disappointed when i put it on because i couldn't tell under the yellow lighting in my bathroom. however, when i looked in a mirror in a different room i was pleased to see that my lips were noticeably tinted redder. i'm in high school, so this is perfect for me because it doesn't have the stickiness and glitter of lipgloss but isn't too mature and as high maintinence as lipstick, and still gives me the little pop of color i want. however, it does have a drying effect probably because it is tinted

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ehhh. This balm doesnt tickle my pickle.
I guess I will go through some pros and cons..

PROS
* smooth texture
* great scents (they aren't flavoured really
* thumbs up for organic/natural ingredients
* cherry colour gives a nice 'just ate a raspberry icy pole' flush

CONS
* $7 for a 4.3g tube of product ( compared to, say, s tub of Carmex $4 for 7.5g)
* not really moisturising, but not drying
* scent can 'turn' at times

Im not wowed by this. I was expecting something good given all the organic natural stuff and the hype, but it is overhyped.
I rated yes to buy again as I already went ahead and purchased cherry after the vanilla one didnt wow me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by SkinEU

I was so excited when I found this brand in a local shop.
But it only makes my lips even more dry.
I have had some embarrassing moments in public when I was out with only this lipbalm in my purse, where I got super chapped lips like never before.
Also at home I would have to re-apply all the time, and they were still dry.
I really wanted to like this, but it just does not work for me and paying $10 for getting dry lips is a bummer (it's the price where I live).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by FoxyDots

This is an amazing lip balm! I bought it in the American Apparel shop and it was a real impulse purchase cause it was just in front of the counter but i don't regret it at all.

Over the year i used a lot of lip balms and to be honest im not the kind of person who chases after organic stuff so my favourite was always Vaseline petroleum jelly lip balms, no mater what lip balms i tried I've always came back to Vaseline. But the problem with it is that it only protects your lips but doesn't actually heel them if they are already chapped.

This has done a miracle to my lips tho. After winter they were in a very bad condition chapped and dry. I applied this lip balm, for a couple of days (really like 2) and now my lips are FLAWLESS and i absolutely love the texture! Its so creamy, silky and smooth....and gives a nice glossiness to my lips.

I have the almond one and the flavour is very subtile which is a plus for me. But i suppose this will disappoint people who love strongly flavoured balms.

The packaging is also very cute and i love thats its oval instead of a circle cause it doesn't take up that much space in my tine make-up purse.

Cant wait to try more different flavours! Will definitely repurchase.

P.S and of course its natural which is altho not essentially important to me is a big plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really underwhelmed by these. I got the cherry, coconut, mint, and grapefruit from Wegmans. The coconut is by far the best flavor wise, the others are too subtle for me personally. I don't find them to be very moisturizing either unfortunately. They do glide on well and I like the oval shape, but I feel like they are an inferior version of Crazy Rumors, one of my favorite organic lip balms.