November 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I got this in Artificial Aubergine, a great wine-burgundy color that isn't too purple. I'm always on the lookout for burgundy mascaras and I bought this immediately. My lashes are already long so this mascara helped lengthen them even a bit more. It doesn't do much for volume (it's not a wetter formula like Faux Cils)- for that you just need multiple coats but it's a great hyped-natural mascara and I love the color- I hope it's not LE!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

Such a disappointment! I'm just using this one bvs it's so expensive and i don't want my money to go to waste. It doesn't hurt my eyes or clump or smudge or anything, but it does NOT live up to it's promise. Just a mediocre mascara, maybe it'll work for you if your lashes are already thick and long, but it doesn't mak ANY difference for me. I don't recommend it and won't buy it ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by NatashaMae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is for people who don't wear much make-up at all. Yes, it's called "false lashes" but lets be real here. The coats are so thin that if you apply to much then it's just a mess. If you're trying to achieve a natural look, like seriously natural, this is the mascara for you, but honestly its not worth the money. I feel MAC, one of my favourite brands, could have done better with this. I think it's down to the wand actually. Its to thin, theres nothing there to help lashes grow. If you are stuck with this mascara until it runs out, do not worry at all, if you have a eyelash curler than all is not lost. Overall, not the best product, doesn't live up to it's name, but it can be bearable until it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh man, what a disappointment!

I was at a MAC counter one day and asked the sales lady which was the best mascara for thickening/volumising. She also said it was a best seller of their mascaras (why do I keep falling for that line?)

I tried it as soon as I got home. One coat - barely noticeable. Two coats? Where's the thickness? Three coats? Just ok. Slightly thicker. Nothing special.

Only pros of this IMO? It's really, really black. Plus it has a good texture (doesn't clump).

But I could get that and more for much less than $42 AUD.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mascara must not clump or fall into my eyes in order for me to buy it again. Almost every mascara I purchase ends up in the trash after a few uses - but not this one! I can say that after 1 month of use, it is still not clumping, looks and appears fresh on my eyes, is easy to remove with an oil/water mix remover and does not flake or come off on my face during the day.
I will purchase it again - it may just become my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

I got this on a whim, i normally use "theyre real" by Beauty, but tried it today for the first time. It seems really dry, and took several coats to really make my lashes pop. I dont like the brush at all. Seems to hold next to no product. I'll stick with my regular from now on !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Eveningsno

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC False Lashes Extreme Black -- I like large mascara brushes and this one is large. It did separate and darken lashes well, but I did not see any lengthening or thickening. I will continue to use it but doubt I would repurchase. Also I am disappointed that MAC wasted as much packaging as they did. This one box of mascara was in 5 sheets of tissue paper, and a box that was at least 10 times larger than the mascara box. It could have easily been put into something like a bubble wrap envelope with some cushioning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $18 CAD
Formula: wet, goopy
Length: medium
Volume: buildable

Sadly, it does not create a falsies like effect the way Maybelline Volum Express Falsies or Colossal does. Money does not always equal quality, it seems

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lchapin

Technically, this wasn't originally a MAC product. I have been using Prescriptives "False Eyelashes" for years and when they discontinued selling Prescriptives in stores, I was having to buy it online. When I learned that MAC bought the formula and was making their own "False Lashes" I was ecstatic. I don't like any other MAC mascara but this one. In all the years I have been using this product I have not found another mascara that rivals it. I never have clumping or flaking and it goes on smooth with lots of volume and good separation. I do have one trick though...I don't use it by itself. I buy a drug store brand of mascara i.e. Revlon, Cover Girl, (they all work the same for me) that has the dual wand which is half primer and half mascara. I buy it just for the primer and apply the primer prior to the "False Lashes,", let it dry for about 7-10 seconds and apply "False Lashes" on top of it. Since the primer thickens each individual lash, your lashes look darker and thicker than they possibly could when the mascara is applied directly to the lashes. Don't let the primer dry too long before applying the mascara or you won't like the result. It should still be somewhat tacky when applying the mascara. That's my secret! I actually often get asked if they are my real lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I didn't like this mascara at first, however it has grown on me! It is easy to use, i find i have a lot of control when using it, it puts a good amount of product and never flakes during the day, a big plus! Also it is easy to get off with cetaphil cleanser or eye makeup remover which is handy too I don't know if I would say it is amazing, but I do really like it and would purchase it again if I didn't find something better!