July 25, 2014 | 1719 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

I got this on a whim, i normally use "theyre real" by Beauty, but tried it today for the first time. It seems really dry, and took several coats to really make my lashes pop. I dont like the brush at all. Seems to hold next to no product. I'll stick with my regular from now on !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Eveningsno

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC False Lashes Extreme Black -- I like large mascara brushes and this one is large. It did separate and darken lashes well, but I did not see any lengthening or thickening. I will continue to use it but doubt I would repurchase. Also I am disappointed that MAC wasted as much packaging as they did. This one box of mascara was in 5 sheets of tissue paper, and a box that was at least 10 times larger than the mascara box. It could have easily been put into something like a bubble wrap envelope with some cushioning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $18 CAD
Formula: wet, goopy
Length: medium
Volume: buildable

Sadly, it does not create a falsies like effect the way Maybelline Volum Express Falsies or Colossal does. Money does not always equal quality, it seems

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lchapin

Technically, this wasn't originally a MAC product. I have been using Prescriptives "False Eyelashes" for years and when they discontinued selling Prescriptives in stores, I was having to buy it online. When I learned that MAC bought the formula and was making their own "False Lashes" I was ecstatic. I don't like any other MAC mascara but this one. In all the years I have been using this product I have not found another mascara that rivals it. I never have clumping or flaking and it goes on smooth with lots of volume and good separation. I do have one trick though...I don't use it by itself. I buy a drug store brand of mascara i.e. Revlon, Cover Girl, (they all work the same for me) that has the dual wand which is half primer and half mascara. I buy it just for the primer and apply the primer prior to the "False Lashes,", let it dry for about 7-10 seconds and apply "False Lashes" on top of it. Since the primer thickens each individual lash, your lashes look darker and thicker than they possibly could when the mascara is applied directly to the lashes. Don't let the primer dry too long before applying the mascara or you won't like the result. It should still be somewhat tacky when applying the mascara. That's my secret! I actually often get asked if they are my real lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I didn't like this mascara at first, however it has grown on me! It is easy to use, i find i have a lot of control when using it, it puts a good amount of product and never flakes during the day, a big plus! Also it is easy to get off with cetaphil cleanser or eye makeup remover which is handy too I don't know if I would say it is amazing, but I do really like it and would purchase it again if I didn't find something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lucyrobertson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really looking forward to see what a MAC mascara would be like. I asked at the counter for the mascara that would extend my lash length the most as my lashes are very short. I really wanted to love it, but when I tried it out, I wasn't going crazy about it at all. It is just like any cheap mascara you would get. It clumps my eyelashes a little and has a bad smell. However, I will continue using it as a standard mascara until it runs out but I will definitely not be buying again. Back to 'Bonjour Paris' false lashes mascara for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This will not make you look like you're wearing false lashes.
In fact, there is NO mascara that will, but this mascara isn't even close. For my black short, straight, somewhat thick eyelashes, this mascara really doesn't do much except clump. Sure, it gives a fraction of a millimeter of extra length, and it does give that "Extreme Black" color that it promises and a bit of "volume" too (some mistaken clumping for "volume"), but that's nothing I can't get from one of my crappy mascaras.
This mascara probably won't be any good unless you already have naturally long, curled, and full lashes and use an eyelash comb.
On the bright side, this isn't a particularly horrible mascara, and I haven't noticed any clumping, smudging, flaking, or irritation. For that reason, I'm going to spare it that extra lipstick (rating).
I'm accustomed to high-end prices, but its $20 price tag doesn't justify its poor performance.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely not a wowing mascara and I wasn't very impressed with it at all.

Pros....

-Cute packaging.

-Nice brush , not too small and not too large.

-The formulation isn't very wet feeling which I appreciate.

Cons....

-Doesn't doesn't do a great job at separating my lashes and instead leaves them looking more clumpy than I'd prefer.

-Gives a spidery affect to my lashes.

-Doesn't give the illusion of false eyelashes.

-Adds very minimal volume and not much length either.

Overall I just wasn't impressed with how well this mascara worked and will be returning it in the Back 2 Mac program.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. It is a decent mascara, but you have to work with it. It doesn't seperate lashes whatsoever, and it caused "spider lashes". It didn't "wow" me the way I expected it to.

Pros:
- Super cute packaging; top looks like a bottle
- Does kind of give the look of false lashes
- Looks great on bottom lashes

Cons:
- Acoholy smell
- The formula is black, but not "extreme black" as the name indicates
- Not an easy formula to work with. I found I had to comb through my lashes more than usual to prevent them for sticking together, and that they were prone to "spider-lash" with a second coat. If you work with this mascara, it will give a beautiful faned lash, but it takes more effort than usual

I won't be repurchasing this mascara, primarily because of the alcoholy smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by spiffingly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this mascara as a gift and switched over to it from my regular go-to Maybelline mascara (for now!)
I love the shape of the tube; it's chunky and you can get a good grip on it.
The mascara itself goes on insanely well and you don't need multiply applications. My eyelashes definitely look fuller and darker.

I'm not the hugest fan of the wand shape; it's a bit clunky so I can't maneuver it everywhere. I usually end up working with the middle part of my eyelashes as a result.
It also tends to smudge below my eyes.

Overall, I do really like this product, but I'll willingly switch to another mascara once I find one better.