July 29, 2014 | 2012 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to be honest, I am NOT a fan of Laura Mercier products at all. Her products just don't work well on my skin. Anyway, I've been searching for that perfect mascara for years because nothing has ever worked nor impressed me much. So when I saw the rave reviews on here, I was pretty reluctant to try it at first. However, I decided to give it a shot, and I am so glad that I did! Gosh, putting this mascara on feels like total luxury. I love the formula because it glides onto your lashes so effortlessly. There was no tugging whatsoever! The brush is also short, which I liked because it doesn't get so messy. With bigger brushes, I usually have to wipe off the excess mascara on top of my eyelids. With this, I didn't have a problem at all! This mascara does it all - it lengthens, separates out the lashes, and holds the curls all very well. It also volumizes well without clumping, however, it's not the most volumnizing that I ever had. I mean, it doesn't volumize any better than my Dior DiorShow or Lancome Hypnose, but it's a really great mascara all around and it is perfect to wear on a daily basis. I completely love it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went through 2 samples of this, and I am dying to pick up a full size one a.s.a.p. It gives me so much length and volume, even more than Lancome Hypnose. It is not clumpy, smudgy, or flaky on me, and it is definitely my new favorite mascara. It's also a /few/ bucks cheaper than Hypnose, so yay. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised I liked this so much. It actually makes me look like I have eyelashes! I have tried them all drugstore and expensive high-end and I am addicted to Wet N Wild's Mega Wink. This mascara is better I must admit, but loses one lippie because the WNW is only $3.
It gave me length, volume and definition without being clumpy. Great product, will splurge when finds allow and buy when I run out of WNW.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I wish I could give this mascara five lippies, because it's great except for one thing - it smudges. No matter what I do, by mid-afternoon I`ve got black smudges on my lower eyelids. It`s really a pity, because this mascara gives me lots of volume and length.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this product gave a very nice natural look to my lashes but didnt give them much thickness gave some length, but to get to where i wanted my lashes to be took forever to build. I like bold eyelashes and this is not a mascara for that a very good everyday one I guess but wont be buying it again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara. Negative reviewers may of been too quick to judge as at first I thought it was a bit clumpy but after 5 or so uses it was giving me amazing lashes with all the qualities a good mascara should supply. I got it online because Australia this mascara retails $60 (crazy) so $23 from America is a bargain and pretty much the equilivant of buying a drugstore brand mascara in Australia.

Im confident now I have found a mascara i will rebuy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I will probably always be trying out mascaras but this one I am really happy with, it's the best I have found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kittytokaren

Wow. I got the mascara sampler set from Sephora ages ago and this one has been sitting around for the longest time because I wasn't expecting much of anything from it and wanted to work my way through the others. Boy. It's something special. Let's cut to the chase so you know why you need this (if you can afford the price tag, which, let's admit it now, is a little steep)

What I love:
1) NO. CLUMPS.
2) Seriously. No clumps. At all. I mean, it almost looks as though my lashes are completely au naturel, except for the fact that I'm Asian and there is no way my lashes could naturally look that good. It coats every single one of my lashes individually, leaving the most lovely separated and clump-less lashes I've ever experienced.
3) Great volume. Volume and no clumps seem like mutually exclusive ideas. Apparently, this mascara defies logic. I wiggle the wand a little at the base of my lashes and then pull through to the ends (like I would for any mascara) and the base looks gorgeously thick and dense while the ends look naturally tapered, almost feathery.
4) Lengthening. This makes my lashes look super long. Like fake long. But I have no idea how because the tips of my lashes look like real lashes, not the extension of mascara coming off my lashes.
5) Holds curl. As I have mentioned, I'm Asian and I have really unfortunate eyelashes and of all the issues that I have with my lashes, their stubborn straightness might be the most irritating. So when I say this really holds curl, I mean it. It holds all day, and it's not waterproof or water resistant or hard to take off. Hallelujah. (It does droop my lashes a little when I apply it, but I curl them again after it dries and it's perfect)
6) It's really black. 'Nuff said.

The only con really is the price. Which is quite lofty if I say so myself. But I think it's worth it seeing as I haven't been this pleased by a mascara in a long time. But keep in mind that a few drugstore mascaras aren't sooooo far behind.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After finding my old Sephora card just before I went to Las Vegas I discovered that I had enough points to get the big bonus gift, so chose the Laura Mercier sample kit at the checkout, as the other choice was a bath product kit that didn't interest me at all.

The kit included a sample sized tube of the FULL BLOWN VOLUME mascara, which I cracked open not really expecting much from as the brand has never really interested me. But this product has been a real surprise and I've found that it ticks all of the mascara-dream-list boxes for me; Great separation, added length and the most noticeable volume increase that I've ever received.

I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove. The volumizing abilities of this are unbeatable, plus the increase of length is good too; and since the brand doesn't promise any added length with this product, I think that this is a great added bonus.

The brush is a regular size with short bristles so it is easy to use and It grabs, coats and pushes every lash out and up (even those little stragglers in the outer corners of the eye), without hitting my socket line [which wands with longer bristles do].

Once I've finished this tube I'll have to find a UK Stockist of Laura Mercier products immediately. I'm a mascara whore and think this is the best mascara I've found yet :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by pastelflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I've tried that gives me the "false eyelashes" look. Super big, super dark, and super dramatic! The formula is easy to apply, coats and defines all my lashes, and adds some volume. It doesn't separate as much as some other mascaras and I think this adds to the illusion of adding volume.
The mascara stays put all day and doesn't smear or flake and I can easily remove it with facial wipes. I usually only use it on weekends so I try to get the trial sizes. The trial sizes last me forever and the only negative I can think of is the cost. I'm sure I'll waste a bunch of a full size because I'll never be able to use it all before it goes bad.