October 26, 2014 | 1070 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by terrortwigg

I got this mascara as a part of my 500point gift at Sephora, and honestly wasn't too excited to try it, I was perfectly happy with my CG Lashblast. Anyways, as fate would have it, I was traveling when I got the Laura Mercier sample-pack and I had forgot my CG Lashblast at home! So I gave it a go. And wow. This stuff is legit. It gives beautiful volume, with a bit of length. Lashes are separated, but not spidery. My favorite thing about this is that, while it is buildable, you get incredible results with very little product. After three or four swipes over my lashes they look like 10 swipes of the CG mascara, only neater!! It can get clumpy as it builds up, but it's really easy to comb out with a lash comb or clean spoolie. I've never been a believer in high end mascara but this is really great, and I will absolutely buy a full size. As far as smudging goes, I have dry eyelids so it wasn't a huge issue. I did get a bit of smudging under my eyes, but it's fairly easy to control with some Painterly paint pot or eyeshadow primer.

Only con is that the stopper came out on my deluxe sample size, so the wand got a little product build up on it. I got the stopper back in and everything, but it's still loose and I have to be gentle taking the wand out. As long as the full size doesn't do that I can see myself repurchasing this many times.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definitely torn on this one. I love the way that this makes my lashes look, but it smudges! I got the mini version of this mascara as a gift from the laura mercier counter and it gives my lashes the perfect volume, no spider effect and no clumping. But after a few hours I notice a dark shadow under my eyes from the smudging (which is the worst because it makes me look like I have terrible undereye circles). I'm going to try experimenting with some translucent powder on my lashes before applying the mascara to see if that helps, because besides for the problematic smudging, this is a great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really pleased with this mascara. It adds definition, separation, and moderate volume & length with minimal clumps. The formula is a great consistency, it's not too thick or too thin.
It also passed my "yawn test". It does not run at all even when my eyes tear up! After wearing it for many hours, you may see a couple small flakes, but nothing really noticeable. It removes easily with soap and water.
I think the name is rather misleading because the volume is on the subtle side and not very dramatic. Personally I dislike the heavily painted eyelash look, so I was very happy with the results this mascara gave me.
I used to wear Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara but was looking for something a bit more noticeable, and this was the perfect replacement!
Hopefully the tube won't dry out prematurely since it was fairly pricey at $24.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a real sleeper hit for me. I don't buy a lot of Laura Mercier. I love her mineral foundation but that's about it. I got a sample of this from sephora and I cannot believe how wonderfully it held up. My wimpy lashes were volumized without being clumpy, the tube took a long time to dry out and it consistently worked really well for me. This is very unusual for me and this is one of my favorites. I ended up buying the full size and had the same experience. I am surprised that this mascara isn't more talked about, it is really good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to be honest, I am NOT a fan of Laura Mercier products at all. Her products just don't work well on my skin. Anyway, I've been searching for that perfect mascara for years because nothing has ever worked nor impressed me much. So when I saw the rave reviews on here, I was pretty reluctant to try it at first. However, I decided to give it a shot, and I am so glad that I did! Gosh, putting this mascara on feels like total luxury. I love the formula because it glides onto your lashes so effortlessly. There was no tugging whatsoever! The brush is also short, which I liked because it doesn't get so messy. With bigger brushes, I usually have to wipe off the excess mascara on top of my eyelids. With this, I didn't have a problem at all! This mascara does it all - it lengthens, separates out the lashes, and holds the curls all very well. It also volumizes well without clumping, however, it's not the most volumnizing that I ever had. I mean, it doesn't volumize any better than my Dior DiorShow or Lancome Hypnose, but it's a really great mascara all around and it is perfect to wear on a daily basis. I completely love it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went through 2 samples of this, and I am dying to pick up a full size one a.s.a.p. It gives me so much length and volume, even more than Lancome Hypnose. It is not clumpy, smudgy, or flaky on me, and it is definitely my new favorite mascara. It's also a /few/ bucks cheaper than Hypnose, so yay. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised I liked this so much. It actually makes me look like I have eyelashes! I have tried them all drugstore and expensive high-end and I am addicted to Wet N Wild's Mega Wink. This mascara is better I must admit, but loses one lippie because the WNW is only $3.
It gave me length, volume and definition without being clumpy. Great product, will splurge when finds allow and buy when I run out of WNW.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I wish I could give this mascara five lippies, because it's great except for one thing - it smudges. No matter what I do, by mid-afternoon I`ve got black smudges on my lower eyelids. It`s really a pity, because this mascara gives me lots of volume and length.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this product gave a very nice natural look to my lashes but didnt give them much thickness gave some length, but to get to where i wanted my lashes to be took forever to build. I like bold eyelashes and this is not a mascara for that a very good everyday one I guess but wont be buying it again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara. Negative reviewers may of been too quick to judge as at first I thought it was a bit clumpy but after 5 or so uses it was giving me amazing lashes with all the qualities a good mascara should supply. I got it online because Australia this mascara retails $60 (crazy) so $23 from America is a bargain and pretty much the equilivant of buying a drugstore brand mascara in Australia.

Im confident now I have found a mascara i will rebuy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No