December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I enjoy this from time to time. I do not use it too often.
I really see improvement in acne scars when I use regularly.
I always remove my makeup first before using and then use this with a nice cleanser.
Scrubbing my face with makeup on does not sound like a good thing.
I have no need to spend to spend more money on a different device.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by wannabecute

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this at least once a day for the past few months. It cleans your face. That's it. I haven't noticed any benefits. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the brush only. For years, exfoliation has been the bane of my existence. My skin is oily, and overproductive in general, which means that in addition to oil, I've got a layer of flaky skin on my face after 24 hours. Manually exfoliating *properly* takes forever. What this brush does is take the elbow grease out of properly exfoliating - you move it over your face, and it provides the circular motions your exfoliant's label recommends. I use it on the high setting and press just hard enough for it to "feel right." That's probably not helpful, but I think you'd know what was right for you when you felt it. Although the packaging says to avoid the eye area, my eyebrows are the flakiest part of my face, and this has completely solved that issue. I think that by using lighter pressure in winter/the dry season, I might not even need to use moisturizer. How do I know it works? Not only is my skin more even-toned, not flaky, and less oily during the day, but I can smell the dead skin and oil after using it. I can feel the residue, and see the difference, on days I don't use it. Amazing. I do think water will eventually get into the battery chamber, but I'll gladly pay another US$30 to replace it. Note - I use it with my own exfoliant, Garnier Clean + Balancing Gel Exfoliator, rather than the stuff that comes with. I never even finished the (tiny) included tube, actually.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by vargasamber

Helped to clear up my acne. I use this daily to help remove excess makeup. Works like a charm. Don't over use on your face, however. Can cause irritation. Would definitely re purchase!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Lisad922

I bought this product at walmart for $29.99, it came with the brush, batteries, and a small tube of the exfoliating renewal cleanser. Wasn't a big fan of the price! But, that's the way it goes. Lol Anyway...so I used this product last night. My face is very smooth. Although, my face is a little sore this morning. A mild sunburn feel. But it is clean, and shiny, and smooth! Also, I noticed this brush tones. Let me tell you how I did it. Lol I put it on the fastest setting, and held it down a lil hard onto my face-skin under my eye area and frown lines & made circulation motions with it across in straight lines. It will actually pick up the skin and move it around. It's really hard to explain how I do it. Just be very cautious as to not get too close to your eye. Also PUT YOUR HAIR UP, when using this product. It will take it out. Lol just saying:) overall this product I would rate a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

Okay let me start by saying I have very oily combination skin , its incredibly oily on my t zone but dry and flaky everywhere else. Okay now let me tell you this cleansing brush has changed the DNA of my skin. Literally I have normal skin now, just with a few uses this brush has eliminated the excess oil and because it is an exfoliant all my dry flaky skin is now smooth and clear. Oh and how can I forget to say that I get acne allll the time. Now my skin is clear when I do get hormonal spots they clear up within two days and no more cystic acne ! Thank you okay for making this product i will 100% buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kimmitchell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product i would have to say is AMAZING ! i was sufuring froma horrible breakout and i started using this product for about a week now and my skin is almost CLEAR ! i was oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this works well on my skin. I use witch hazel after and my skin is becoming very clear, smooth, and bright. I didnt use the free gift that came with this product however.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by snowpixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have very oily skin and i find it really helps to clear up my acne (which comes with having oily skin). I always wanted to buy the clarisonic Mia but it was always out of my price range then i wet to a shoppers drug mart and this caught my eye. i thought that it was too good to be true but i bought it anyways. I opened the box and it had a exfoliating sample sized gel! i was so happy and to make it even better they provided batteries(which some products don't). i really love that its waterproof so you can use it in the shower. after i was my face with i always feel so clean. i usually save using that system for last so i wipe my face with makeup remover wipes, cleansed it and used a scrub and realized i still had make up on my face after all that because the system started taking it off as well as cleaned and exfoliating my skin it was amazing! it has two modes one is gentler the other is a little rougher but not so rough it will irritate your skin. sop if you are looking for a clarisonic mia but don't hav enough money or in my mind something beter then spring for this product its amazing!:P ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie321

I just got this but WOW! I just used it, and my skin instantly feels smoother, it lathers up my cleanser nicely, and it lightened my redness; all in one use!! I can't imagine the results I'll get after a month!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had been squirreling away a little here and there to treat myself to a Clarisonic (as my handle here would imply, I'm definitely a budget-conscious kinda gal these days).

In my excitement, I went to YouTube and watched several vidoes about "Olay Pro X vs Clarisonic." Of course, I had no way of knowing what the outcome of these videos would be but I assumed it would be pro Clarisonic.

Well, I was wrong. I watched about half a dozen videos, and most of the vloggers doing the comparison owned both and in the end preferred their Olay Pro X. One said she actually did go ahead and purchase a Clarisonic after loving the Olay Pro X only because she figured as great as the Olay Pro X was for her problem skin, the Clarisonic might be even better.

Hanging my head, I decided to put off my Clarisonic purchase and go with the Olay Pro X system. I've been using it a week now and I'm amazed at the difference it has made in my skin. I had started using Olay 7 Total effects a couple of months before I purchased the machine and my skin looks even better after 1 week with the Olay Pro X and Total Effects than it's looked in years. It even gets into all of the little crevices around the nose very thoroughly. My serums and moisturizer completely absorb almost immediately into my skin rather than portions of it feeling like it just sits on top of my skin. The little tube of exfoliating cleanser that it comes with seems to work really well, too (but I think I'll stick with my Suki exfoliating cleanser because I love the lemony scent and get great results from it).

All in all, I'd advise anyone saving up to treat themselves to a Clarisonic as I was to go ahead and give this system a try first (and to check YouTube for comparison videos, as I did, lots of great honest reviews out there). I think for many of us this may not only accomplish the same thing a Clarisonic would accomplish, but I also saved about $125 that I can now use on other necessities...Like adding to my enormous lip gloss collection or a new bag).

Great product, Olay...Well done!