August 27, 2014 | 1737 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by MymyD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to buy the Clarisonic, but read a lot of reviews from people telling how their skin couldn't handle it, because it was too harsh. Didnt want to take the risk of spending $200 and my skin not able to take it. I decided to buy the Olay pro x first, since it is for sale for a pretty decent price :) I must say, I super love it! The brush is really soft and small so you can reach every angle in your face, even nose etc. I don't think I can use it everyday, every other day is a better option. Only downside is the fact that it isn't chargeble, it's 2014, we don't like AA batteries anymore ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hopetabur

I LOVE this so so so so so much! It is so much more effective than washing with my hands. I got this as a Christmas present about 2 years ago from my mum and apparently it only costs $20. Ever since I've started using it, people compliment me and ask me how I get such clear skin. This brush can be used with any soap, but slightly exfoliating soap does tend to give me a better result. I don't know if I could ever go back to washing my face with my hands. :3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Michellie555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about a week now and so far I really like it. I bought this because I was contemplating buying the Clarisonic, but was still a little skeptical. I thought that i would buy something similar to see if it made adifference and if it did i would purchase the Clarisonic and this product did make a difference. I love this brush it was well worth the money. I have even recommended it to many of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cassidihess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a post somewhere of 'Things Every Woman In Her 20's Should Own' and the Clarisonic was at the top of the list. The description sounded magical, but let's get real - what woman in her twenties has $200 to drop on a face brush?

That's where the Olay Pro-X comes in. Everything I've read says it's identical to the Clarisonic, and at nearly a tenth of the price, it's more than worth it. I've been using it consistently every day for a couple of months and my skin is incredible.

I went on vacation for a week and didn't take it with me, and I swear I could feel a difference in my skin. It felt more rough, more dry, just overall dirtier.

The other great thing about this product is that it makes skincare FUN. I hate to admit it, but at 22 I've really never even bothered taking my makeup off at night. But now that I get this fun little gadget to play with, you can bet your bottom dollar I wash my face religiously, morning and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have used this brush for 5 days now and it has really helped the texture and look of my skin. This is the first brush I've ever used and i was actually looking at the Clarisonic before i even knew this one existed. Much like others, the price of the Clarisonic is what was holding me back from just buying it so I'm glad I found this one when I did. From all the reviews I've read, the Clarisonic still seems to come out a bit a head of this Olay one, but at the very least I think this is the perfect entry level facial brush. I'm in love! It's small, water proof, the brush head is soft yet effective, and I haven't "purged" from this brush yet (fingers crossed) as I've read that's a problem with the Clarisonic because it cleans so deeply. The thing I really like about this is even after I've taken my makeup off with a makeup wipe and used this Olay brush, you can really see how much crap is still on your face after you think you've removed it. The brush ends up still having makeup on it so I know this works and that's very comforting. The only thing I will say against it is your best bet is to put your cleanser on your face yourself first and then use the brush. I tried putting it directly on the brush but it made almost no lather at all and my cleanser is a foaming one. In my opinion that's not really a big deal though. My skin feels so soft after I use this brush, I just love it! And for $34 compared to 200, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Embry1029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oops! I meant to write a review for Clarisonic!! I have not used this product, but I do plan to in the future and I'll come back and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by OhAlejandra

Love This!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing tool- I've used it about five times, and my skin looks a lot better. I use Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash along with it, an I swear these two products were a couple made for each other. They work together to make my skin feel smooth and soft with my horrid acne slowly diminishing. The brush works wonders and is much more effective than using your hands to wash your face. It feels amazing to have this brush scrub your face. It's a funny tingling sensation :)
5 lippies no doubt. Don't go for the Clarisonic, use this tool instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I adore this brush! I couldn't afford a $200 Clarisonic Mia (and also can't justify spending that much on a spinning brush) and also read loads of reviews where people said it was harsh on their face and made them purge for a month or two before they adjusted to it. I didn't feel like I needed something that heavy duty anyway. I also love how small this brush is, it seems super easy for traveling and doesn't have a charger base like the Clarisonic does either - that just seems like a lot to travel with. The only complaint I have about this is I wish there was a cover for the brush head. I don't really know how to store it. Without a brush cover I'm kind of paranoid about bacteria growing in the bristles. So before I use it, I run it under scalding hot water for about 30 sec. and also rinse some hydrogen peroxide on it. I heard that's better to use on this and the Clarisonics compared to soaking in alcohol. It's more gentle and also keeps the bristles white.

So far I've had this about 3 weeks and love it. After 3 months I'll update too. I think it's just gentle enough to not cause a purge or be irritating to the skin, but also effective enough to actually work. Right now my skin is horrible because I just finished purging from tretinoin so I don't blame this brush one bit. In fact my skin looked and felt better once I incorporated this into my routine. I'd say 70% of all my blackheads were gone after a week of use! It's amazing how cleansing it is. I like to use it every other night either with Cetaphil or Ain't Misbehaving AHA cleanser. It really kicks your cleanser up a notch because it can get deeper into your skin.

I don't use the little cleanser it came with though. My skin is so temperamental and its taken me forever to find a cleanser that works with me. I'm afraid it would break me out, but that's just me I'm sure it's a great cleanser for people with regular skin.

Anyway I'll update again in 3 months when my face is hopefully at it's best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!! It has 100% changed my skin. I sound like a advertisement person I bet but seriously, this little battery operated device has changed my skin.

I went from someone with pimple prone skin ( have a few here and there) to someone with soft smooth complexion. I use it twice or three times a day ( I shower a lot) and it makes my skin feel amazing. Cleans the pores a thousand times better than hands. I clean my brush with alcohol after every use. I fill a container with rubbing alcohol and it soaks in there until the next use to assure no bacteria transfer! To me that is the most important part of owning this product. Do not buy it if you are lazy and do not wish to clean it properly! My way is extreme but my brush head is clean as a whistle and I know every time I use it, there is nothing on it. To use it, I put some face cleanser on my face and brush and use the brush all over my face, neck etc.... I use something smell free and gentle.

I loved it so much I bought a clairisonic mia 2 which I have yet to use much other than for 1 min ( since it has to charge a whole damn day). So far, I still love my pro x far more , its a inexpensive product that to me is worth a whole lot more. I am curious to see if the mia 2 can work up a storm like the pro x did/does.

LOVE THIS PRO X product.