September 30, 2014 | 1069 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FAB!!! I love the colour, the formula, the colour.... It's very moisturizing, adds a wonderful natural deep colour to my lips (actually look like lipstick to guys haha)

LOVE this lip balm. I use it occasionally just so I don't run out..... I keep a tinted one and a regular lip balm (also Burt's Bees) in my purse. Usually I take out the tinted one since my lips become pale when they're dry. (Oh, Canadian winter, why must you be so harsh!??)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It was a mediocre lip balm, smelt bad, average color. Expensive. The text on its packaging was disappearing after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a little on the expensive side for a lip balm (I paid $8.00 US at a CVS) but when you take into account that it can replace lipstick for a casual situation it doesn't seem so bad.

This is just a very pretty, easy to apply, moisturizing lip balm. I've found that it lasts fairly long.

I like to wear this when I'm dressed down; just hanging out. Some black mascara and Rose tinted lip balm and I'm good to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Love the color. Love the feel, feels moisturizing and smooth. My only complaint is that it does not last long at all. Ill probably go back to Labello after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees Tinted lip balm and prefer it over Burt's Bees Shimmers. It is light, moisturizing, and does not have a waxy feel. This is great for everyday wear when you want some colour but do not want to look too done. Rose is my favourite color so far (I have also tried Hibiscus, Pink Blossom, Red Dahlia, Tiger Lily and Honey Suckle from this range) as I feel it is the most natural looking. Would love if they could come up with a slightly brighter red though! I only wish that it had some form of SPF so I do not have to apply a lip balm with sunscreen then this over it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-great color
-very moisturizing
-yummy scent

Cons:
-occasionally leaves a tiny lump of color so make sure to really rub your lips together if you're applying it w/out a mirror.

This is a great, subtle way to freshen up your face because it gives you that "your-lips-but-better" look, even on my brown pigmented lips. It feels moist and has some slip to it without feeling waxy or greasy. I love the scent; it almost smells like a mix between cherry lollipops and hibiscus iced tea--very summery.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really enjoy this product!

I don't really go for lip colour (usually opting for blistex instead) but I was pleasantly surprised with this rosey tinted balm! The colour was more forgiving than lipstick, but still added a nice, natural looking colour to my lips.
I also really enjoyed the fact that there was no obnoxious shimmer involved.
Just a straight forward tinted lip balm, with no fuss.

The only pitfall I can think of is that the moisturizing power does not last as long as typical lip balm, but I suppose that is what needs to be sacrificed for a little staying power.

Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks for the misleading packaging Burt. Open up the big paper tube and you'll find a tiny plastic tube inside. Plain brown plastic tube, .15 oz of product. No pleasant scent, barely any color, blah. I don't hate it but I was expecting a chubby lip-stick sort of thing. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by achat

Great color that shows up on my tanned/olive complexion. Love the way it moisturizes my lips. Much better color than the burt's bees shimmers

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: Left this same review under the general "Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm" product.

Gosh, I'm conflicted. I like this product very much, but it's basically 5x the price of my old standby. What to do?

I always used to stock up on the 3-pack of ChapStick's Lip Moisturizer (the dark blue tube with the white cap) at Target ... I think it was $3-4 for the pack?

(BTW: ingredients for ChapStick's Lip Moisturizer are, as far as I can tell:

Octinoxate 7.5%; Oxybenzone (sunscreen) 3.5%; White petrolatum 40.7%; inactive ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, fragrance, isocetyl stearate, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, methylparaben, mineral oil, paraffin, propylparaben, tocopheryl linoleate/oleate, vitamin E, white wax)

Then I got the Burt's Bees "Tinted Lip Balm Duo", $10 for 2 tubes. That *is* 5x more expensive. Maybe I can square it with my conscience by giving something else up ...

I played around with Rose, Red Dahlia, Hibiscus, and Pink Blossom; ultimately, Rose looked the best, I thought. I love the hint of color; it enhances my lip color in that great "like my lips but better" way.

I'm also a fan of the way my lips feel after applying this product. Whereas the good ol' ChapStick made my lips feel slick- as if the petroleum jelly was sitting on the surface without penetrating- the Burt's Bees oils do seem to sink into my actual skin and leave my lips softer.

However: during the past 15 minutes, I applied the balm, thought that I was pretty happy with the product, decided to write this review, started writing this review, handled a quick work task, came back to the review, and realized that my lips were totally dry. That brief staying power kind of blows. When I'm essentially paying $1 for a tube (ChapStick), I don't care ... but it stings a bit more with the higher-priced Burt's Bees.

Quite a quandary. I am going to sit here and smell the Burt's Bees tube (can't identify the fragrance, but I do like it) and ponder this deep problem.

3-star rating due to short staying power;
3-star price rating (oh come ON, Burt, you know this is edging towards over-priced-ness);
1-star packaging rating for extra and unnecessarily (and misleadingly) large cardboard tube used to house an absolutely standard-sized 0.15oz tube.