September 23, 2014 | 1066 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Cdutton

I use this as my Morning soap, I first use my Clarisonic with the Philosophy Purity cleanser and while my face is all lathered up I grab my Coal Face lather it in my hands and rub it in with the sudsy mess on my face and rinse. As soon as I pat dry my face I instantly notice how mattified my face is. Not dry but just very matte. I then proceed to continue the rest oft morning routine. It pulls all of the crap out of my face. And for how oily my skin is, this soap has really made a difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought this product was a miracle worker. Overtime, I realized it was making my skin worse. When I first used this, it mad my pimples smaller. Overtime though, it was bringing more and more out. Although it was shrinking them, it was creating more problems. My skin started to look dull and oily at the same time. Don't ask me how that's possible, because I don't know. I'm fairly disappointed with ALL of LUSH's products. All the way from the face products to their hair products. The only products I actually enjoy are the dusting powders and stick deodorant. Skip this product along with; Herbalism (I broke out), Angels on bare skin (Did Nothing), Grease lightning (Brought more spots) and Retread Conditioner( made my hair feel like straw).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm 36 and just started breaking out again. I tried everything and it still wasn't clearing up at all. The first time I used Coal face my acne looked better and less red. After a week, it is no longer "active" acne, there are just spots left now. My skin is also less oily. Its quite embarrassing to have this kind of acne at my age. I just purchased another bar of this little miracle cleanser so my skin will stay clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i use this on my night rutine after all the oils of my face has come to the surface, the pollution and makeup as well... so i find it very refreshing and takes away everything. this soap has two surfaces on top its exfoliating, has sand or grains or something and the other side its just the soap. so i use the soft side all the time and once a week the top side.
NO, it has not dried me, it has not irritated my skin, it has not broke me out.
I dont love the smell, it actually makes me hold my breath as im using it haha.. but its nature girls!! haha yes, ill keep repurchasing it i just love it, my face loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by siminims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample a year ago, then made the hour long drive to the only Lush near me just to get a proper cut of it. It is THAT GOOD.

It cleared up my small bumps and some of my blackheads in just a few days, so that's why I bought it. The scent is...odd, but it's really pleasing in a way. Calming, to me at least. It makes my face squeaky clean! Now here is the important part:

If your skin is sensitive, or gets dry easily, you may be better off skipping this.

My skin is pretty tough, really oily, and prone to acne. That being said, after I use this soap, my skin loses all of the redness (from acne) and is AMAZINGLY soft. I used to use Aveeno Complexion Clearing moisturizer right after, but nowadays I just mix two to three drops of lavender oil into a gel-based moisturizer. It provides good hydration and also keeps my skin fairly oil free.

Despite my skin being pretty good with this, I only use it a few times a week. I don't think anyone really NEEDS it every day, if only because it really does strip ALL of the dirt and oil from your face. Basically "too much of a good thing" yknow?

But I love it! The bar itself is kind of soft, but holds its shape really well, smells good and doesn't entirely melt away in my shower. Only quibble is, naturally, the price. :P

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

This was the first Lush face cleanser, I have ever tried and i must say that I'm not impressed..
First of I guess I'm just not a fan of "soap-formula" cleansers. It's really unpracticle I think, and I like things to be quick, espacially in the morning. But when you have really made it lather up, it actually feels nice on the face. Slighty exfoliating also.

Another reason why I don't like this, is because I think it made me break me out. The day after I tried this I had red patches on my cheeks and I'm pretty sure it's from this soap, because I have never really had it before? So yeah.. Not a huge fan of this Lush product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by vanitykey

So here is my review for this simple cleanser.

I have combination skin and I find this non-drying if you rinse it away after a full wash on the face. To others it may become drying especially if you let it sit on the face, which I never do with any cleanser. It works for me. It helped clear my face, helped heal my insect bites on my face and it did not clog my pores.

I will buy a fresh cut once I run out. Don't let it sit in a wet container/drainer because it will get goopy and you will waste the product. Overall it's good, except that it smells like rubber tires but the scent goes away as soon as you rinse it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is perfect for oily faces. I use this cleanser daily all year-round as I have an oily t-zone and sometimes chin. It is best in the summer when it is humid, and as soon as I use it, I can feel all the oil disappear off my face.
It does tend to dry out your face if you use it frequently, but a moisturizer will help this. I recommend another Lush product, "Vanishing Cream," which is a light moisturizer with no oil. I would not recommend this product for anyone that doesn't experience an oily face.
This product is also VERY long-lasting, which is why I rated the price so low. A small chunk lasts months. I have been using this product for 2+ years and have only repurchased three times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I bought a small peice of this because even at my age
I've still got an oily T-zone.Maybe it's the wrong cleanser for me but you can't get away from the fact that it is full of irritants.What's coal powder supposed to do for skin?This was horrible, left my face feeling dry and irritated .You shouldn't have to rush for the moisturiser after cleansing. That's not a good sign no matter what skin type. In the long run made my T-zone worse.Sandlewood and rosewood oils wont help eitherJust because your skin is oily and I was plagued with oily skin as a youngster,dosen't mean you have to strip it with products like thisYou will do more harm than good in the long run..According to Paula Begoun you'd be as well washing your face in the fireplace(ok a bit dramatic)But what she's trying to say is this stuff is RUBBISH.I don't agree with all her reviews but I'm with her on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by haleyb18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim one day when i was at the mall and i'm glad i did! My skin gets oily throughout the day even with a mattifying powder and i can really tell a difference when i don't use this in the morning. Instead of getting oily at 10, i get oily around 2. I've been using this since December and my skin has never looked this good. It really helped clear up my acne and blackheads. The reason i gave it 4 stars was because it makes my skin feel very tight and dry after i use it so make sure to use a moisturizer after washing your face with this.