LUSH coal face soap

3.8

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra) , Water (Aqua) , Rapeseed Oil (Brassica napus) , Glycerine , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Sorbitol , Fragrance , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora) , Powdered Charcoal , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , Farnesol , Geraniol , Linalool , Silver Lustre (Potassium silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and Iron hydroxides) .

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the concept of this. When I first tried it, it felt a bit rough, but I kept on using it. You really have to wash your face well after using it, because you don't want the left over coal in your pores. I started seeing a big improvement in my face after a week. I have mild blackheads, and litttle annoying pimples. Nothing really works on them and I have to wear a lot of makeup to cover my face. But I am going to keep using this, I think it really does help. I also started using "It Works" hair skin and nails, and this is helping my skin out as well. But so far, I'm liking the coal soap!

I've been using Coal Face for at least 4 years, and it is an absolutely HG product for me. It's the only face soap I've used that actually helped clear up and balance out my combination/acne prone skin. I love that the soap itself has a bit of texture to it, which gives a mild exfoliation effect with each use. Seriously, this stuff is amazing! I use it along with Lush's Tea Tree toner and Vanishing Cream moisturizer, and my face has never looked better.

My only complaint (and really, it's a minor one) is the packaging, or lack thereof. The paper wrapping that the soap comes "packaged" in means the soap dries out if you don't use the whole hunk of it. I've personally remedied that situation by only buying what I need from the brick and mortar Lush store that's within walking distance, but if I was ordering from their online store/buying in bulk to save on shipping, that would be an unfortunate negative experience. I suppose you could always save what you're not using in a plastic bag, and that would fix the problem too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked up a free sample from LUSH after reading good reviews about how it was great for oily skin. Unfortunately after a couple of uses I developed a lot of blackheads around my cheeks and had some deep and painful spots on my forehead. I'm so glad I didn't waste any money on this! This is not a product that I will be using again.

Only face wash I've ever used that legitimately balanced my combo skin out. This is definitely my HG skin care item. Be sure to keep it in a container.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grain cleanser. I apply it to my face and can feel the scrubbing effect when rubbing it in. I normally leave it on for a few minutes to soak up the dirt and oil on my skin.

It has helped clear my breakouts and blackheads. And you get quite a bit for the price. I paid AUS $16 a few months ago and have not even used half. I use it morning and night.

The bar is a bit unsanitary and gets over your hands, but I just clean the bar afterwards and store it in a dry place for next time.

Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great cleanser that is not tested on animals :)

I love this cleanser :) Works really well at removing oil :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this face cleanser for my oily skin got rid of EVERY BIT of oil which I personally like but may not be good for your skin. usuing the product I wouldn't suggest scrubbing it on your skin as there are grains of charcoal present, instead rub it in your hands to get a lather. it has I nice liquorice smell. BUT THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS PRODUCT is it actually whitens your teeth!!! I looked up home remedies for teeth whitening and it suggested activated charcoal so I thought id give this a try.I scrapped a coating on my teeth then added water and scrubbed with my tooth brush. Its amazing !!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

edit:
It's safe to say this has become my HG cleanser. Cuts down on my oiliness A LOT, and my breakouts aren't as bad as before.

Coalface is my current go-to cleanser and has been for a while. The smell was pretty odd at first but I got used to it rather quickly (I actually love it now). I can't say this necessarily cleared up my skin, but what seals the deal for me is that gets rid of my makeup and helps reduce my oiliness. Coalface can be drying so it's best to use a good moisturizer if your skin isn't as oily. It also lasts a fairly long time if you cut the bar into smaller blocks!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yet another Lush product that claims to clear your skin, but actually makes it worse.
I have oily and sensitive skin and was looking for a product that was natural and wouldn't irritate/ break me out. This definitely made my face red and irritated, and the next morning two new pimples. I'm on antibiotics for my acne and had clear skin for some months now, so I was surprised this product made me break out over night. That says a lot that even a powerful antibiotic can't contain coal face from breaking me out. Imagine if I wasn't on an antibiotic! Acne central!
This may work for some, everyone is different, but there are so many other choices out there for half the price.