April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Moisturizers - Sephora - Instant Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I think this is breaking me out. Sigh. I thought it was The new Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen I was trying, but im also breaking out under my eyes, and I dont put the sunscreen there. Will stop using it see if I clear up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I got this product as a Sephora sample and only used it for 1-2 days. I have to say off the bat the smell is quite potent, like a jar of roses exploded in one package. I'm not used to smells and scents and have gotten pretty used to unscented moisturizer so it may just be me but if you're not one who likes strong floral scents in your moisturizer, I would not recommend this product. Otherwise, it works pretty well, I have dry-combination skin and this works fine on me. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Laurasienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because I wanted to try out a new moisturizer. I have a (very) dry skin and the saleswoman recommended me this one. After using it for a few days I started noticing my skin was a lot dryer than it was before. And I had more flakes on my nose and between my eyebrows when I put on my foundation. So basically it did nothing good for my type of skin. Going back to my better working 5 euro drugstore moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got this as a sample and have just started using it. I've actually been looking for a day time moisturizer without SPF because even though I am a sun protection fanatic, very often I am using a primer and/or foundation/BB cream with SPF already in it and so I don't need it in my moisturizer also. I've only used the sample for 2 or 3 days (I'd forgot all about it and only found it while digging in my desk drawer looking for something else!) so it's a bit early to say but so far, I am really liking this face cream. I didn't think it would have enough moisture for my skin at this time of year but, so far, so good. The price is reasonable compared to many of the other products I use so that's a bit of a bonus and my understanding is that this comes in a jar so you can get at every last bit of product. I know some people are terrified of bacterial contamination in open jars but most skin care items contain more than enough preservatives and so a bit of care (clean hands, a clean applicator spatula) and there should be no problem.

If this continues to perform for me, it may well become my new "non-SPF day moisturizer.

UPDATE: I went back a few days after writing this review to get the full size of this moisturizer. The "love affair" is continuing - it's a good, basic, pleasant face cream for under makeup or on its own, with a sunscreen on top. Great and reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i got this as a sample. it works fine. nothing to rave about. my problem with this product is the smell! it reminds me of an old lady and its soo strong. mind you, i am not one to typically complain about a product's scent, but this lingered and i could smell it on my face hours later even with foundation and powder on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP and have been hesitant to use this on my combination skin since it was a cream. Finally decided to give this a try since the last month has been super dry and cold and I am hooked! I mainly use a thicker layer for my cheeks as it's been flaky but find that a thin layer elsewhere doesn't break me out either. I love how it doesn't leave a greasy touch and absorbs really well leaving my skin super soft especially in the morning and throughout the day. I even use this under my eyes to keep it nice and hydrated. Their serums from this line on the other hand is a different story. I gave this a 4 since it the larger size comes in a jar and it seems a bit unsanitary to dig at it. The price is pretty affordable for a mid-high end product, $20 for the 1.69 oz size. Also love how it's suitable for my sensitive skin and is their big thing is that their skincare is formulated without Parabens,Sulfates, Phthalates, GMOs & Triclosan. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by phyliciamonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's average. Better than your normal drugstore brand moisturizers but not the best. I have very dry skin in the winter and this didn't seem to do much. I found myself reapplying it halfway throughout the day because my skin felt dry. However, in the summer it felt great on my skin when I used it as a night cream (I usually have slightly oily skin in the summer). It's not bad but as I stated before..it's pretty average.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers, I received a sample (2 actually) from Sephora. I really like this. It's somewhat thick and the scent is amazing. A very light floral scent but doesn't irate my skin. This really is an instant moisturizer but then again my skin really isn't ever on the dry side, even in the winter. I might consider purchasing the full size because I like this so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put this on after washing my face because it tends to dry up when I wash it. I got this as a sample and I don't see anything great to buy it. I'm not crazy for moisturizers, but I definitely don't have anything bad to say about it. It's average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and wow. This is a really good moisturizer. The scent is pretty and girly without being overpowering. This is creamy and glides on leaving my skin silky. I find a little of this goes quite a way so this does last quite longer then I feel most moisturizers. I am not a fan of it coming in a jar so I go for the tube. A great moisturizer at a great price.