August 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Moisturizers - Sephora - Instant Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have combination - dry skin. This doesn't really keep me going all day and I have to reapply. This is probably because I'm in an air-conditioned environment the whole day. So, I use the one in the tube, small enough to carry around and easier to use than from the jar. It's lightweight and absorbs well. It feels like a real cream but it's not heavy. It doesn't sit on your skin. The best thing about Sephora products is that I don't break out. I love the smell too. Not too intense and just right. The same line comes in a heavier formula in a pink jar, which I use as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I ran out of my regular night cream I decided to give this sample moisturizer a shot. It goes on smooth and feels very moisturizing but when you wake up, skin was incredibly try and it felt like I didn't moisturize at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't enough for someone with dry skin. It is good to use as a face moisturizer before your foundation, however. It's a very lightweight cream and not very long-lasting. I do like the smell, texture and overall feel of it. I keep a jar handy around just in case I need a quick moisturize! It is 20 bucks at your local Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this out when I received it as a sample from Sephora. My skin is super picky, and nearly every moisturizer I've tried has broken me out. I'm pleased to say that I've been using it for well over a month (after I caved and bought the full sized jar) and the results have been fantastic. It absorbs quickly, doesn't break me out, keeps my dry cheeks and nose hydrated and isn't too heavy for my shiny forehead and chin.

This will definitely be a re-purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in Sephora and talking to the sales assistant. I mentioned my oily/acne prone skin had been dry lately from using some prescription acne meds. She pointed me to this. I have to say, I really liked the modern look of the heavyweight jar that it came in (it also comes in a squeeze out tube). I quickly glanced at the ingredients and noticed that it contained fragrance. I really hate fragrance in my skin care products.. but I didn't notice much of a smell in the jar, so I thought it would be a safe bet.

I picked up the jar and went home. That night when I applied it I was a bit overwhelmed with the fragrance. It has a very bright, clean floral plastic smell if that makes any sense. It did start to dissapate after a while, but I just wasn't crazy about it.

It also has these little sparkly things in it - I believe from the mica. It leaves these little tiny sparkles in your skin. It is not very noticable. Not a fan of gimmicky stuff like this, personally.

As far as what I liked: It looked like it would be heavy cream but it is not. I found the texture very nice.. a very lightweight cream/gel. When I applied it my dehydrated skin sucked it right up. It also felt a tiny bit cooling. There was no "tacky" feeling left behind, my skin just felt a little smoother. I don't think this would work for someone with dry skin.

If this didn't have fragrance or those micro sparkly things I would have given this a higher rating. I didn't use it long enough to know whether it would cause breakouts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I think this is breaking me out. Sigh. I thought it was The new Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen I was trying, but im also breaking out under my eyes, and I dont put the sunscreen there. Will stop using it see if I clear up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I got this product as a Sephora sample and only used it for 1-2 days. I have to say off the bat the smell is quite potent, like a jar of roses exploded in one package. I'm not used to smells and scents and have gotten pretty used to unscented moisturizer so it may just be me but if you're not one who likes strong floral scents in your moisturizer, I would not recommend this product. Otherwise, it works pretty well, I have dry-combination skin and this works fine on me. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Laurasienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because I wanted to try out a new moisturizer. I have a (very) dry skin and the saleswoman recommended me this one. After using it for a few days I started noticing my skin was a lot dryer than it was before. And I had more flakes on my nose and between my eyebrows when I put on my foundation. So basically it did nothing good for my type of skin. Going back to my better working 5 euro drugstore moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got this as a sample and have just started using it. I've actually been looking for a day time moisturizer without SPF because even though I am a sun protection fanatic, very often I am using a primer and/or foundation/BB cream with SPF already in it and so I don't need it in my moisturizer also. I've only used the sample for 2 or 3 days (I'd forgot all about it and only found it while digging in my desk drawer looking for something else!) so it's a bit early to say but so far, I am really liking this face cream. I didn't think it would have enough moisture for my skin at this time of year but, so far, so good. The price is reasonable compared to many of the other products I use so that's a bit of a bonus and my understanding is that this comes in a jar so you can get at every last bit of product. I know some people are terrified of bacterial contamination in open jars but most skin care items contain more than enough preservatives and so a bit of care (clean hands, a clean applicator spatula) and there should be no problem.

If this continues to perform for me, it may well become my new "non-SPF day moisturizer.

UPDATE: I went back a few days after writing this review to get the full size of this moisturizer. The "love affair" is continuing - it's a good, basic, pleasant face cream for under makeup or on its own, with a sunscreen on top. Great and reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i got this as a sample. it works fine. nothing to rave about. my problem with this product is the smell! it reminds me of an old lady and its soo strong. mind you, i am not one to typically complain about a product's scent, but this lingered and i could smell it on my face hours later even with foundation and powder on top of it.