July 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing more than hyped up silicone in a bottle, this product is so full of silicones it would prevent any of it's "anti aging" ingredients from penetrating at all, their "study" to prove this stuff "really works" was funded by, none other then guess who? Boots! one of the many silicones listed on this is known to build up for months and can be dangerous, this is example of how advertising can really fool people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

You know, it is weird when a company has a product that you absolutely love--like Boots #7 Illimunator and has one that just doesn't cut it--such as the No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense.
Serums are wonderous---as in Lancome's serums--but Lancome is very pricey. I purchased this because I wanted to save some money and figured it would probably work as well as my Lancome products (which I seriously need to review). Although it glides on nicely, the only difference I noticed in my skin was these huge zits. Come on--I'm too old to be getting ginormous zits at my age!! I'm sorry, but for some this may be great stuff--but for me, and I really feel for those with sensitive skin, this is a dud.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember the original one being mainly silicone and this is the same. It gives a primer like base for makeup. Unfortunately it also brought me out in horrible spots. I ended up giving the tube away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This broke me out very badly. It's a shame because I totally bought into the "hype" about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by dcausey

I switched to using this product recently when I ran out of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. It looks like it contains many of the same ingredients and it is half the price. Will post progress in 4 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by femmechirp

I've been using this for about a week and am really glad. I'm 46, with fair, delicate, Irishy-type skin (so prone to fine lines and dryness). I wasn't using a serum prior to this, just gentle cleansing, non-alcohol toning and day (SPF) and night moisturizers. This product has actually made a difference in just a few days: my skin is smoother and little lines around my eyes, on my forehead and near the outer corners of my mouth are definitely less noticeable. I've had no breakouts or other side effects (my skin tends to be a tad sensitive). I plan to continue and will purchase the companion eye cream as well. At $22 (at my local Target), this is actually a steal for a high quality serum product (compared to other things I've purchased such as Skinceuticals, etc. @ $60+ for smaller containers). The packaging seems good, in that it encourages you to use a little at a time and that seems to go a long way. I'm a happy woman.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lux30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for approximately 2 mos and I do see a noticeable improvement. The parenthesis around my mouth have been reduced. I only use this once a day, since it's not exactly dirt cheap and I'm not a huge fan of the consistency because I normally use all natural... but I can't argue with results. I'm 36 and I do see some lifting and radiance.

Bought this for about $20 @ Target.

Edit:::: this seems to have plateaued or maybe i just don't notice the dramatic effect, anymore because i'm used to it? what once seemed like lifting and radiance seems to be not so much, now. but then it could be that i'm not using it twice a day or just used to what i'm seeing....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

This product is quite ordinary. I purshased it after Good Housekeeping rated it the no 1 anti-aging serum in their first Anti Aging Skin Product list. Apparently they where able to see differences in the skin of their testers with pictures. Since it's so inexpensive I figured why not try it. Even if I'm in my 40's, the only skin problem I have is a little lack of firmness. This serum does nothing for me. The application is pleasant due to the silicone in the formula. Skin feels super smooth for a couple of minutes and does make make-up application easier. As a make-up base it's ok but as a skin treatment I'll pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Um, reviewer staciarose's 2nd paragraph is not a review but is Boots' own description of the product. Just google "No7 Protect & Perfect Intense" and you will come to the product page on Amazon that includes these exact words. It's ok to add in corporate material to your review but you should ***attribute it*** so everyone knows it's not your own words/review but rather just the advertising copy dreamed up by a marketing team.

This product is ok. I used it for a month or so. It provides that instant superficial smoothing effect in texture (due to silicones, I think) but I didn't see a long-term difference in clarity or texture. I selected "no" for buy again but it's more like maybe. I might buy it for the daily skin smoothing that makes makeup go on better but I wouldn't buy it in the hope of real skin improvement over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by SurahBarbie

price but worth it! after tugging on my eye area to apply make up for the past few years it was giving me slight wrinkles. this serum has eased them and tbh virtually got rid of them. im only 21 but prevention is better than the cure they say