Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water) (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Arabinogalactan, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Medicago Sativa Extract (Alfalfa), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide

on 2/3/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so surprised by the negative/neutral reviews! I've been using the No7 Protect and Perfect Intense range for a couple of years, having progressed from the standard P&P range when I hit my mid thirties. I LOVE these products and would recommend over most of the higher end ranges I've tried over the years.  I use the eye cream, followed by the serum and day cream in the morning and find this to be a perfect base for applying make-up (although I find make-up goes on better if you leave to sink in for at least 10 mins) - i've received several comments about how nice my skin looks! Both the eye cream and serum definitely seem to blur fine lines and provide a smooth and silky base. The night cream feels quite rich (albeit a little sticky) but leaves my skin silky soft by morning and seems to really suit my sensitive combination skin. Great products at a great price - although would recommend waiting till Boots are offering No7 on promotion at 3for2 and stocking up! For info, the serum is available in a glass bottle or plastic tube - I personally prefer the tube as it's more travel friendly and you don't get as much waste!

on 10/17/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OH MY GOD....after reading many other bad reviews on this product I came across some people who say it does not do any anti-aging, that the intense version they just added a moisturizer, and it tied with OLAY in the Good Housekeeping test and all I have to say is you guys seriously need to know what the hell you are talking about first before you bash any product. Im sure you think you know because you googled it or whatever. to correct you, it does not contain a hydrator. It contains glycerin which is in there for texture. Glycerin and some of the other ingredients can be alternatively used as moisturizers but in this case, at these levels they arent. It has the peptide complex, alfalfa and larch extracts which boost collagen and elastin production in the skin and it also contains an anti-oxidant complex to protect from free radical damage. not to mention the retinyl palmitate thats in it. Where the hell did you get that it has no anti-aging properties? When Good housekeeping tested in over a year and a half's length of time, it came out #1, it did not tie with OLAY, read the damn magazine its right there! And for God sakes use it longer than 4 weeks and more than one bottle. If serums corrected skin ailments in 4 weeks we wouldnt have plastic surgery and perscription strength retinol in the first place.

My expertise: Trained skin care consultant, two family members are dermotologists and my mother is a pharmacist.

on 8/9/2012 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The "intense" version is the serum combined with a moisturizer and I did not like it. Good Housekeeping tested the REGULAR serum, and I used it with good results for several years. Note that in the Good Housekeeping test, this tied with Olay Regenerist serum, which I also used and liked.

I now use Neutrogena's retinol serum for combination skin. It is a better value for my money.

on 6/27/2012 9:25:00 PM

Wow, this broke me out. And I don't normally break out. The most I usually get are occasional tiny whiteheads around my nose, but this broke me out in large, red zits. I've never had a breakout like this in my life. My skin is early 40s. dry-to-medium. I'm using it on my neck and chest now and haven't had any problems there. But I certainly won't buy it again. Packaging is nice.

on 9/24/2011 12:34:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product. I read some great reviews on other sites and it also has the good housekeeping seal of approval. I ended up with nothing but disappointment...oh, and zits too!

After the first application, I was optimistic. The product is smooth and made my skin feel velvety. After several days, I still saw no noticeable difference, even though the reviews from other sites boast almost immediate results. Also, my skin began to break out with zits, and my skin really isn't all that sensitive. At first I thought it was a hair product I was using, but after stopping that product the zits continued....and didn't go away until I stopped using this serum.

on 6/15/2011 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Nothing more than hyped up silicone in a bottle, this product is so full of silicones it would prevent any of it's "anti aging" ingredients from penetrating at all, their "study" to prove this stuff "really works" was funded by, none other then guess who? Boots! one of the many silicones listed on this is known to build up for months and can be dangerous, this is example of how advertising can really fool people.

on 5/26/2011 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

You know, it is weird when a company has a product that you absolutely love--like Boots #7 Illimunator and has one that just doesn't cut it--such as the No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense.
Serums are wonderous---as in Lancome's serums--but Lancome is very pricey. I purchased this because I wanted to save some money and figured it would probably work as well as my Lancome products (which I seriously need to review). Although it glides on nicely, the only difference I noticed in my skin was these huge zits. Come on--I'm too old to be getting ginormous zits at my age!! I'm sorry, but for some this may be great stuff--but for me, and I really feel for those with sensitive skin, this is a dud.

on 5/13/2011 6:25:00 AM

I remember the original one being mainly silicone and this is the same. It gives a primer like base for makeup. Unfortunately it also brought me out in horrible spots. I ended up giving the tube away.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out very badly. It's a shame because I totally bought into the "hype" about this product.

on 4/2/2011 9:57:00 PM

I switched to using this product recently when I ran out of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. It looks like it contains many of the same ingredients and it is half the price. Will post progress in 4 weeks.

Popular Treatments (Face)