April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Anonymys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I purchased this in 110 as I'm see-through and Porcelain is the lightest shade. But this oxidizes on me something fierce and after 5 or 10 minutes I look like I have a dirty brown mask on my face. It doesn't matter if I wear it with nothing else on my face or if I have the rest of my normal make up on, it oxidizes and makes me look like I lost a facial fight with a spray tan booth.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Great shade match (i used porcelain 110) which is difficult to find.
Available in various shades.
Sleek square black packaging
Separate compartment for sponge
Did not cause irritation
No detectable scent (at least not to my nose)
Cheap (5 dollars and change at Walmart)
Light coverage

Cons:
BEWARE GLITTER! not slight shimmer but actual specks of glitter
Faded very quickly (even on my dry skin)

The glitter was a huge con for me. I spend my makeup life trying to avoid it and it shows up in a face powder. Wtf?!? It does not say it is matte so I did not expect a matte finish, but I also did not expect to look like a glitter ball. Also, it faded very quickly and my skin is dry so I would image this would be utterly useless on oiler skins. The coverage was light when used with the sponge. I actually liked the sponge. I would imagine it would be sheer when used with a brush. I really wanted this to work because I loved the shade, packaging, and price, but sadly, I found it to be glittery and rather useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this powder. I have combination skin, and oily in the t-zone. While it didn't break me out, it did nothing to blot my oily skin, either. Within an hour of putting on the product, my t-zone was an oil slick.

I didn't care for the sparkly effect, either. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by auxxyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does not take away my shine. Only good thing in the fit me line is the concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I am part Australian/Chinese so it's had to find a powder that is not too pink or pastey looking. I am an actor so i go to auditions and need a powder that can be put on quickly, take away shine and still look natural and effortless. It wears really well and don't really find I need to reapply - altho i am not one to reapply if i go out shopping etc. I just use this one my T-ZONE as i get really oily and blotchy. I apply my liquid foundation and then concealer and finally set it with this powder. I love it- it's nothing to fancy and it keeps my skin looking naturally smooth.

The black powder box it comes in is great- opens with a mirror underneath the powder and a circular powder pad.

I got this on sale for $7.50 and want to get another one to leave in my handbag now :)

Really great for people who don't want something to heavy and just want the natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by maddyboyle

I am a huge Maybelline junkie, and usually love everything they come out with- they're one of my favourite brands, drugstore or high end. But this product just didn't do it for me. I use powders to set & mattifying, so it wasn't a big deal that it was really low coverage. In store, I tested it and thought it seemed great- silky, just enough coverage, matte- and it was great for the first few days until I saw myself in direct sunlight... shimmer. Tons of shimmer. It's not noticeable in normal lighting but in bright light/sun, it's crazy. It makes oily skin like my own look even worse. However, if you have normal skin, this would probably by fine for you- but I'd still go with something else because honestly what's the point of shimmer in a setting powder? On a side note, I have to say I love the packaging! You get a decent amount of product, a puff (which I only use for touch ups) and a nice, sturdy, not cheaply feeling mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mirandacoves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Last year, everyday for a year straight I wore this powder and had no issues with it. I hit pan 8 times and I repurchased it 8 times. Now that I am more open minded about other brands I realize there are better powders. For someone experimenting with powders I would recommend. I have normal-oily skin. My friend that has oily skin hates the product. So I think that it is more for normal skin then oily!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Turtle04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recommend this product for those with oily skin. It only last on my face for about 15 to 20 minutes before I start looking like an oily mess. And the glitter in it does not help my oily face if anything it makes it stand out more . I would definitely not repurchase this. And I feel it was a waste of my money .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I love the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powders . I use colors 130 and 235 . the reason why I use two different shades is because I use two different Maybelline foundations . with the 130 I used it on my Fit Me Foundation and the 235 I use it when I use the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Nude Beige . I wear the powder with foundation or without foundation . they say people with oily skin should use powders but I love using it because I love how it leaves my face looking nice and smooth . if I wear it alone I like how it feels because my face can breath I never used a powder before but now Im hooked on using this powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got my powder at Target for $6-$7 in the shade 235 pure beige. If you hold it up to my skin it looks like a perfect match! But once applied it oxidizes at least 1-2 shades. It didnt control my oily skin at all. The packaging is sleek but bulky my screen thing broke once iv had it for a week or so. Has none to light coverage. Will not repurchase.