Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 7/23/2015 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This concealer is really great. To me, it's preferable to Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer because it has a smoother, thinner, almost gummier consistency - that for me at least doesn't cake. In addition to this, it makes a great eyeshadow primer.
I've been using this under my eyes instead of a light-reflecting concealer, and it works well. No hint of that 'reverse panda' look.
Personally I haven't found much of a difference between high end and low end concealers.

on 7/22/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is an amazing drugstore concealer. I own mac prolong wear, kat von d tattoo concealer, and urban decay naked skin concealer and I still find myself gravitating towards this one. it provides great coverage under the eyes and works well covering blemishes. I would classify this as a medium coverage concealer but I have never had a problem with It creasing and I always apply it with a beauty blender. Overall this a fantastic concealer for anyone trying to save money!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been through 2 tubes of this stuff and plan on going through a lot more! I don't have undereye circles so I don't know how well this would cover those up but this my favorite concealer for highlighting under my eyes. I have it in the shade medium. It's the perfect color for my nc37-40 skin. I don't like an extremely light highlight under my eyes and this gives me the perfect subtle highlight. It's also very creamy in texture and blends like a dream! The only negative would have to be that for some reason I always get a bunch of concealer around the opening and it gets kind of messy.

on 7/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

After trying many, many, many concealers I honestly never thought I would reach the day where I would consider one "holy grail" or better than the rest. After trying the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I can honestly say it's better than any high end or drugstore concealer I've ever used, strictly based on its ability to cover monstrous undereye bags and any redness around the face. I find that this concealer is much lighter in texture, easier to blend and lasts much longer than the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (I have combo/oily skin and the fit me concealer holds up on my t-zone for 6+ hours compared to my Nars which only holds up for about 2-3 hours) I am so incredibly impressed by this concealer and have recommended it to so many friends and family already and will continue to do so!

on 7/18/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, which makes finding makeup a very tough task. this concealer works really well under my eyes, and fairly well on my nose other blemishes. I set it with the face of australia translucent loose powder, which helps it last a lot longer for my skin. i like this a lot more than any other concealer I've tried, which is good. i wish they had a more matte suiting formula though.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This concealer is convenient to carry and easy to apply. The color blends well and covers my hyperpigmentation very well. It does require powder to set and wears off throughout the day. However, at this pricepoint ($5-$7 at Wal-Mart) it is to be expected. It is comparable in coverage and staying power to the NARS creamy concealer and the price is much more comfortable.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have repurchased several times. I use it mostly for brightening the under eyes. I've also on occasion used it in a darker shade to bronze/contour. It is nicely pigmented and easy to blend. It's ok for blemishes, too. Not ideal, but workable. Looks natural enough for light makeup days. Overall, a good find.

on 7/16/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

So I was visiting a relative on the left coast and one morning I banged the side of my head on the bathroom sink (don't ask). Small gash but eventual big black and blue and yellow mark. Didn't have concealer with me, just a "lumi", which didn't offer enough coverage. Found Fit Me concealer at CVS, bought #10, the lightest shade, went home and gave it a try. Amazed at the excellent coverage, pretty much covered up the entire colorful result of my mishap. Been using Fit Me ever since as under eye concealer, or for any random spots or redness. Absolutely excellent product! For the record I'm MAC NC20 and Fit Me #10 concealer is a perfect match.

on 7/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I like the consistency, shade, and performance of this concealer, I won't buy again for one reason: packaging! I've never had such a terrible experience with a tube and wand cosmetic before. Every single time I use it, no matter how carefully I remove & replace the wand into the tube, I wind up with a ring of product leaking out of the edge of the cap. I have to have a tissue handy to wipe it off before I put it away or it gets all over everything. Very annoying! Also, the black "FIT" lettering wore off on my fingertips and left a smudgy mess on them. What's the deal here?! There are plenty of other concealers out there that work as well and aren't as aggravating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a mystery to me. I bought a tube of it when it first came out years ago, was incredibly underwhelmed, threw it away eventually after not using it for months, and moved on. Fast forward to a few months back when Maybelline was reformulating their SuperStay concealer. I needed a replacement for my empty tube of that (which was horrifying by the way because that concealer was/is my HG hands down), and figured after trying many high end concealers without finding one I liked that I'd give the Fit Me concealer another go. I still do not understand the hype. I used it a handful of times and didn't like it at all.

Pros:
-color selection seems to consist of mostly, if not all, neutral shades
-affordable
-easy to blend out

Cons:
-lightest shade wasn't quite light enough for me (super pale, neutral baby of MAC NC/NW 10-15)
-light-light/medium coverage, which makes zero sense to me in a concealer
-texture felt greasy, and if I tried to build up the coverage by adding a second layer, it just got greasier and would remove itself. Texture reminds me a lot of the Hard Candy glamouflage liquid concealer, except that one has good pigmentation
-creases when not set with powder

This concealer is one of the most underwhelming, super hyped up products I've ever tried. I still do not understand the appeal. When I reach for concealer, I want a product that has a full coverage level of pigmentation so that I only have to use the tiniest bit to cover up undereye circles, blemishes, etc. I also do not want it to rub off, crease, or fade, as that would make applying it in the first place pointless. This concealer isn't my cup of tea. For creamy, blendable, more medium-medium/full coverage, I reach for the NYX HD concealer. The lightest shade, Porcelain, is perfectly pale. It has good coverage, blends out easily, and helps blur out imperfections like mild pitted acne scars.

Yet again, Maybelline Fit Me concealer goes into the trash.