October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the most part this is a decent foundation. If your skin is BONE dry. It's extremely moisturizing maybe too moisturizing as I found out this summer. Any hint of oil on your face and this foundation will not work for you. That being said, for dry skin it feels fantastic and has very light/buildable coverage. Doesn't streak and is scent free. I might buy this again during the dry winter months but wont go near it during the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works really well with my dry skin. If applied with a damp Beauty Blender or sponge, it goes on lightly and evenly, doesn't make my dry patches stand out, and it blends nicely. It lasted a while and didn't dry out my skin. The best thing about this foundation would have to be how well it fits my skin tone. When they say "Fit Me", they're right. If you have dry skin like me, I recommend using a good moisturizer under this foundation. I would buy this again.

Picture: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/3/1/0/2647503.JPG

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Shocker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gross foundation, runny, leaves patches, does not hide redness. Only stays on my face for 1 freaking hour!!! But the Fit Me Concealer is AMAZING!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by darkside4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Classic Ivory on sale at Walmart and decided to give it a try. I have worn this foundation on my face three times and I did not like it. The packaging looks pretty but I prefer foundations with a pump. The consistency is very runny and liquidy. I applied the foundation on my face with both a beauty blender and buffing brush. It did not give me a full coverage, despite using a primer beforehand. After a few hours the color oxidized on my skin and talk about greasy! I could feel the oil dripping down the sides of my face. I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off my face. I regret buying this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I purchased this in shade 320 which has been discontinued. I now use shade 340. I love this product. It goes on smooth and easy. I find that it is very light but it can also be buildable for more coverage. The lasting power depends on how I apply it. With a good primer and setting powder I can go almost 6 hours looking great. My skin can be oily so nothing lasts all day. I have re purchased several times now. The color selection is wide, I can easily get a shade for summer and for winter without looking to far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Emily222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I was definitely not impressed with this makeup. The packaging was beautiful and I was excited to use it. Firstly it was SUPER OILY. My face was like a pizza it was crazy. It stuck on my brush and I couldn't get it off. Then the colour was so dark for me. Even in the lightest shade it was soo dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lullabylesley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Foundation is tricky. To review, I mean. It is incredibly biased; determined by how you apply it, your skin type and a whole host of other reasons I could easily bore you with. Sure, quality and crap foundations exist, no doubt about it but for the most part, finding a nice foundation requires a whole lot of trial and error. Which is why I was so glad to stumble upon Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation. After so many mediocre attempts, Fit Me truly fits me: the shade is perfect (110 does the trick), the texture is dewy and satiny, the coverage is light to medium and feels as though I have no makeup on at all. And at that price for that amount (30mL), it's a steal!

It works for me because 1) I am dried-skin. 2) Use a liquid moisturizer to match a liquid foundation. The weight of difference it makes to use a moisturizer that matches the texture of your foundation is fundamental. 3) Apply it with a damp sponge for a lighter coverage or my trusty Louise Young Taklon brush for a fuller coverage. I'd call it my HG foundation had it have a pump. That and Fit Me isn't the most longest-lasting foundation--it is quite slippery. Easily fixed with a primer or powder or both, but for HG status it has do everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(note: I did not pay full price - I waited until the drugstore had a special online and got two bottles for the price of one, and they each contain 1 oz of product)

I ordered shade 135 Creamy Natural on a bit of a whim. It looked...fine! But when it arrived, it was oh-so-much-better - this shade is more or less perfect for my awkward skin. It also goes on very smoothly; I used my fingertips to apply and then blended with one of Sephora's concealer brushes.

(I used that brush because it gives you more control than the traditional foundation brush)

Here's what I found:

Consistency: Indistinguishable from a million other liquid foundations

Smell: Hardly any

Coverage: medium-full, which somewhat contradicts many other reviews

Longevity: A good 7 hours, and longer with primer

Many people are preferring to go paraben-free; if that's the case, you need to know upfront that this foundation does contain parabens. I have my own opinion on that, but suffice it to say I'm a scientist by trade.

Other than that? This is one half of my HG! I'll review the other half separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Meggut

this product is misunderstood. this product has a full coverage, you just have to apply it correctly.if you have oily skin this product is NOT for you. however this product is great for teens and young adults. to apply this i wouldn't use a flat brush, because the foundation will come out very streaky, i recommend sponges or your fingers or a light spongy pad. i would apply concealer then the foundation and a pressed powder. if you have acne spots you will have to touch up. this product never comes out cakey unless you apply 5 coats. which i doubt anyone would do.
one thing for sure to do when using this product is to use a pressed powder when done applying this product.
good product. i love maybelline

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by AyanamiSkye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has a runny consistency, no smell noticed, spf 18, felt silky smooth when applied and blended easily. A couple of hours after applying it I left the house only to notice my redness and blemishes coming through. The coverage is definitely light but then again it is how it's described in the product description. The staying power is poor. I always look for good staying power as I suffer from allergies and don’t want my foundation coming off when I wipe my nose. It might be perfect for those who don't need much coverage or with flawless skin. I won't wear it when I have to go out for the whole day but for short tasks and errands it's fine and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Also would have preferred if it had a pump. Won't repurchase.

Pros:
Silky smooth and easy to blend
Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin
Large range of shades
Maybelline offer a matching concealer and powder

Cons:
Light to very light coverage
Poor staying power