Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using the Matte and Poreless formula for the past 6 months and I absolutely love it. I pick it over the 5+ high end foundations I have every time. However, with the dry winter wind and heavy retinol use, my skin has become way too dry to use any sort of matte foundation. So, I went ahead and picked up the Dewy and Smooth formula. I've historically always had oiler skin, so I was a little afraid to try this foundation, but I'm glad I did. Here are somethings I noticed.

PROs

-When I first applied it the "dewy" look was really bordering an "oily" look. I gave it about 5 minutes to completely set while I did my eye make-up, and then finished it with a matte powder and UD all nighter setting spray. The finished result was gorgeous.

- Did not cling to my dry patches, but instead seemed to hydrate and smooth them over.

- I got the lightest shade- Porcelain-110, and although it is a little darker than the Matte and pore-less porcelain-110, it still matched my super light skin perfectly and did not oxidize.

- I consider this foundation a light coverage, but it has been easy for me to build using a beauty blender or Sigma F80 Kabuki. (although I prefer the beauty blender)

- Price!! I can't remember the last time I have loved a $6 foundation so much!!

- I have large pores and many acne scares . When used with a primer, this foundation did not settle into pores.

CONs

-Not long lasting. I had to touch up several times throughout the day.

-Sunscreen. I'm not a huge fan of sunscreen in my foundations as I typically buy my moisturizers with sunscreen and don't see the point of doubling up.

In my opinion, this foundation is worth the $6, and I'm glad I tried both formulas.

Love this foundation :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been wearing Maybellines' Dewy & Smooth Foundation for the past month and I like it- a lot! I was a little worried as there's a lot of mediocre reviews. Then I re read the bottle. It says on the front for NORMAL TO DRY complexions. If you've got an oily complexion why on earth would you buy this and then write a bad review?
I always use a primer, no brand in particular- I pretty much try them all and then use a BB to apply my foundation. I too wish it had a pump, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
I also have been mixing it with Natasha Denona's Foundation for evenings out as I love that super luminescence that the two mixed together gives me. On my days off I go straight for the Dewy & Smooth since it applies quickly and gives me about 8-10 hrs of wear time. I haven't tried the powder since it's winter and I don't need it, but I've used the Fit Me Concealor for ages and like that as well.
My coloring goes pretty light in the winter but I get red rosy cheeks which I dislike. I couldn't decide what shade to buy so I just went for the one I considered an oddball for me #210 Sandy Beige and it's perfect! And it completely covers that dang redness!
I noticed that the makeup does have an SPF of 18. Maybe it's the new formula that has the sunscreen in?
For the price I can't complain, especially when every other brand that sells at the department store keeps raising prices.
Again, for me this Dewy & Smooth is great with its medium coverage for my super dry skin. No way if I was oily complextioned would I use this. And you can't grease yourself up underneath it! Use a good primer and light setting powder and you'll be more than pleased with the results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really should have trusted the reviews on this one. This foundation has got to be one of the weirdest ones I'be tried lately. First of all, it is in no way a dewy finish. It is just cakey and horrendous. Seriously, this s*it is strange. The coverage from the get-go is patchy and accentuates lines and pores like no one's business. It also does nothing to cover up redness, which to me does not require a ton of coverage... but this manages not to cover it at all, while still looking like a mask. Don't even think about building layers, you will look like you just got your makeup done by a toddler. No matter how well prepared my skin is, what tools, what technique... I cannot get this foundation to look good. I do not recommend this foundation at all. The staying power would usually be a plus but since it looks hideous, I am pissed that it stays in place all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's hard for me to get a match in this foundation so I actually purchased two shades that I mixed together. However, this still didn't give me quite the right shade (which I discovered when looking at my face in full natural light). This foundation doesn't give much coverage. I would say that it's a light foundation and it's not super blendable. I haven't had much luck with drugstore makeup so I'm usually a high end brand buyer. However, this product has gotten really good reviews so I decided to try it. Together, these two shades cost me about $24. I gave these products a fair trial by using them exclusively for about two weeks. I tried using a foundation brush as well as a Real Techniques sponge to apply them. Neither method yielded good results. I noticed when in sunlight that certain areas were not blended properly and this upset me considerably because I was out and about and couldn't just return home to make repairs. My skin is somewhat oily in the T zone and this foundation made my face look like an oil slick after only an hour or two. This product was not originally marketed as a dewy finish foundation, just fyi. If it was, I never would have purchased it. There was almost no coverage to speak of and it certainly was not buildable at all. This is not my first experiment with drugstore foundation, but I swear it will be my last. This was a complete waste of money. I wish I had purchased these two shades at Ulta, where I could have returned them. Instead, I bought them at Walgreens and lost the receipt. Walgreens is not nice about accepting returns on used cosmetics so I've relegated these products to a drawer in my bathroom where failed products go to die. Maybe I can pawn them off on someone eventually. I also didn't like the fact that these bottles were not pumps. It seems quite unsanitary to dip my fingers into the product every time. I've since found two foundations that work quite well for me, although they are considerably more expensive. Dior Forever Flawless in 020 is a great match for my light neutral skin tone. It gives me a semi matte finish that lasts all day when set with loose powder. After about 5 or 6 hours I do need to use a blotting paper or two, but I don't even need to add more powder. The finish is gorgeous and the coverage is medium, which is just what I wanted. Granted, it's $50 but I only need two pumps and the bottle is somewhat large so it lasts a long time. It's very blendable and I use my RT sponge and get a gorgeous finish. The other foundation that works great for me is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. It gives me medium coverage and I've found a perfect match for my complexion in 5.0, which is a true light neutral shade. It blends like a dream and wears great and looks very natural, giving me a refined polished look. I use this on days when I want to impress and on special occasions. Yes, it's very expensive ($62) but it's worth every penny. If you want good foundation, you have to spend the coin ime. Both of these foundations work really well for me. I will no longer attempt to use drugstore foundation. There's almost no chance of matching my skin tone so I might as well not even try. The only exception is Rimmel Match Perfection but I don't like the way it blends, so it's not really a contender. That was a waste of $$ too. So I'm content with saving my pennies and purchasing a foundation that will give my skin a healthy glow while concealing imperfections and redness. Both the Dior and Armani foundations do this for me. I definitely do not recommend the Fit Me foundation. It didn't work out for me and it definitely won't work for anyone with slightly oily neutral skin. Don't waste a single nickel on this loser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This works so well on my dry skin, gives me flawless coverage for my acne scars. However, it transferred terribly to my boyfriends clothes; sometimes it sinks into my pores sometimes it doesnt which I find weird so I stopped using it. I'm very picky when it comes to foundation but this is definitely a good product for the price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So, when I first started using this product, I fell in love, I found it not oily, not matte, just the perfect dewy.. I use Nude blush in 'deep throat' and pressed powder is nude fit me.
Id use this product and recommend it for people with dry to normal skin, I have normal skin and I find the product isn't drying nor oily. I find the powder helps to set it without loosing the dew, as well as it lasts the day, if it's a hot day, id have to re-powder the nose to touch up but other then that, the results are lasting and it gives me an airbrushed flawless look <3 love it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think I may be the FEW that really dislikes this product. The concealer is worth experimenting with, may even repurchase it... but this foundation? No. The smell is weird and powdery. Loathe the consistency. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't help.
Tried it on my sister who has normal skin and I didn't like the effect on her either.

Many other drugstore options out there.. Avoid this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I regret purchasing this on a whim. Usually I do my research before I buy, but I was in dire need of new foundation and this was cheap.
This is quite a thin, low coverage foundation. Because of that, I thought it would be perfect for building layers. Unfortunately not. Instead my face was transformed into a shiny orange orb. Which brings me to mention, this formula oxidizes insanely fast. Even with a powder over top, I found myself wiping the makeup off my face by noon.
I also have an extreme dislike for liquid foundation bottles that don't have a pump top. This formula i really thin, so lots of product gushes out at once. It also tends to leak if not kept upright.

If you have been trying to find a descriptive and pot-on review of this product, look no further. For a long time I was using Mac Studio Fix Foundation in NC42, and I loved it so much. It has buildable coverage, it looked amazing, etc. but it was a bit too expensive for me to buy over and over again. So I thought I'd try a cheaper alternative, and I chose Fit me Dewy Smooth. Okay, so I tend to have dry skin, and this foundation did me justice in making my face look no where near dry and also made my face look luminous, but I wouldn't say dewy... It was shiny and had a glow but dewy wouldn't be the right word. The color was also spot on, I have trouble finding the right color for me, but this foundation really fits you. Overall, I DO like this foundation but the cons is what gets me. A big con is that the foundation is a little too thin for me, and it takes more than just "one pump" to get the covered, flawless look you want. And it also stays wet on your face longer than average. But the BIGGEST con for me, and which is why I will not be repurchasing is because it breaks down after 3 hours max. You can see the foundation becoming like.. melted off and runny. I kid you not. I have tried many foundations and I dont know if it's because I've been so used to mac, but this foundation doesn't last long at all. I'd say buy this foundation if you need something cheap for a photo shoot, a quick tutorial video, or for a short dinner with friends.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu