April 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by andrea27

I just have come to the end of suffering with aggressive cystic acne for the last 12 months. I now have extremely pigmented scars all over my face and none of my other foundations (benefit, mac, urban decay) will cover the marks as they are so severe. I have tested nearly every drugstore and high end foundation and still they do not cover my scarring.

I was recommended to use Dermablend by Vichy. Whilst this by far had the best coverage of all the foundations I tried, my scarring was still visible.

Then I tried the maximum cover and this has changed my life completely. It covers every single mark on my face and it makes me feel so much more confident about my appearance. It blends on smoothly, covers with only one layer and it feels like there is nothing on my skin.

I experimented applying it in different ways. The beauty blender thins it out and so, does not provide as much coverage. A flat foundation brush works well but personally, I see the best results with the real techniques buffing brush.

I also use the Estee Lauder matt primer underneath. The foundation goes on like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I suffer from acne on my cheeks. I have very dark scars as well as very red active spots. no concealers I use are able to cover up the scars and even if they do, they end up being cakey or will wear off throughout the day. Hiding my scars has been my greatest concern all this time and I have tried so many things. I feel that this product does not cover up my scars perfectly. It does cover up the lighter ones though. However, I had high expectations of it since it claimed to be able to cover tattoos and it couldn't even cover my scars. I've tried putting on a second layey, patting it on, spot concealment and none works and just ends up looking cakey. The best I can get away with this is apply one layer which covers 80% of my scars and just accept it as it is as another layer or a thicker application would result in it looking cakey. I have tried using a beauty blender with this, it sheered out the coverage. I am not a fan of brushes so I have not tried that but for now fingers are the best. I wash my face and moisturise my skin. I will then apply this over my face and go over it with another liquid foundation as the double wear maximum cover is lighter than my skin tone. I have to put on more blusher as once I put on slightly lesser and my friend said I looked sick. Some lip colour would give colour back to your face as well. Still in search of a better application technique or product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I'm a skin tone that no one can seem to match. I'm not particularly dark but not particularly fair withers, so you'd think someone makes a product which will work for me but no! I've been to Shiseido, YSL, Dior and Bobbi Brown but I've always come up with too-dark or too-light formulas.

Because of this, I was a fair bit concerned about being colour matched when I stepped into Estée Lauder. While the service I received there was tepid, the SA did seem to know her stuff and she matched me perfectly (Shell Beige, No. 5). I left with a sample (which I recommend everyone here does) and have been using it since. Thankfully she was generous with the product, so I've been using it a few times a week for just over two months and can give you a comprehensive review.

Putting the product on is incredibly easy. I was concerned that I would make a mess as I am a makeup noob and despite watching YouTube videos all day, don't have the perfect technique down. I use my hands to apply the product but I've been told and have seen most using a foundation brush to apply it. I would not recommend layering this product as even a good colour match will look a bit off. I think if you use enough the first time (and you won't need much depending on your skin) you should be sweet and not need a second layer. Concealer/powder can be used to cover up any imperfections that may still be visible (I have terrible scarring and find my Za powder foundation does the trick in covering that last bit up).

The product doesn't go orange by oxidising and doesn't give that "white" look to the skin that I believe is caused by sunscreen. It also gives a matte finish which I don't mind as my skin is oily and tends to develop a sheen anyway during the day. You will need to add blusher, lipstick or some sort of colour to your face as this gives a flat look to your skin - the perfect base. I'm not sure if I am using as much as the other reviewers, but I don't find that this product lasts 12 hours but rather more 6-8 without powder and 1-2 hours longer with powder.

Just to sum up for those looking for quick facts:

Pros:
Doesn't go orange
Doesn't give skin "white" look
Matte for those with oily faces
Doesn't break me out (strangely as I am prone to breakouts)
Good coverage for skin imperfections
Doesn't seep into pores and gives good base for extra makeup
Easy to apply with hands/brush
Lots of product which can be used for ages
Decent colour range for fair-medium clients (depending on what stores you go to)

Cons:
The product in the bottle or container can separate into "oils" and other liquids, particularly if carried around in a purse/backpack
Fairly limited section for those who are very dark
May break some people out
May need to apply concealer/powder over it if you have very dark or prominent imperfections as it won't completely conceal some things

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by AyishaAyisha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly i would say if you have any dry skin this is not the foundation for you. i have normal to dry skin especially in the colder months, i have terrible dark circles and a few scars from a few breakouts but no acne or severe blemishes so far (touch wood) however i still prefer a full coverage foundation and thought id pick this up as i heard it totally covers everything and provides maximum coverage. This foundation is VERY matte, even if i apply a hefty amount of moisturiser before hand within an hour or so it'll be back to dull looking skin and gives a very washed out 'dead' appearance when worn. for my dark circles i had to do 2 layers until i was satisfied with the coverage and after a few hours i could see the pesky marks and dark circles showing through. since using this foundation i have also broke out in tiny skin coloured bumps on my cheeks and around my nose >.< the bottle itself i initially likes as its a squeezy tube so no need of the fuss of buying an extra pump etc like in some other foundations. after the first use however the foundation would leak out of the top as i don't think it is tight enough and gets everywhere once i unscrew the top and leads to waste of product. all in all for a foundation that is considered high end with a very high end price, i am disappointed. maybe for someone with oily or combination skin would suit this better, but for me its a big fat thumbs down :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsbennett1617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic!! If your looking for a flawless FULL coverage foundation for problematic skin, this is the product for you. It covers all my redness, discoloration, acne breakouts, and all my acne scarring, without breaking you out! I have been using this product for years and have yet to find anything that compares to it. The only bad thing I can say is that its a little pricey, but a little goes a long way with this product(get about 7 months) so the price is worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

Where do I start? I love MAC Studio Fix Liquid and the Powder Plus Foundation because of the full coverage it gives me. But I broke out terribly I had to switch to YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation which promised to even out skin tone but it didn't help me in any way. I returned it after two weeks. I was about to buy Chanel Mat Lumiere even if I wasn't satisfied with the coverage and came across Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage and oh boy did I love it the first application so I bought it instead! What they say in the previous reviews that a little bit goes a long, long way! Less than a pea size is enough to cover ALL imperfections I have unlike in YSL I do two pumps and still no coverage! This foundation is my life saver!!! I mean it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ldh1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for the past 6 months ,in the beginning I was using it as my foundation for my entire face, however it is very matte finish and at my age I am looking for a more dewy finish. The coverage is absolutely amazing, I have rosacea on my nose and cheeks and this takes care of that problem. I am currently using it as more of a concealer on my nose and cheeks and I use another foundation(dewier) for the rest of my face. I will definitely continue using this as my concealer, if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that is a matte finish this one is worth every penny. A very tiny amount(half the size of a pea) covers the entire face so it is very cost effective.
I just wish Estee Lauder would come out with a dewy finish in this line and a few more shades in the pink undertone family.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

years and years of using this product have made me consider it as a best friend.. sometimes ignored, sometimes not used enough.. but always loved and loved back.

I used this a lot for photography -- it gave the most flawless finish. Then the formula and packaging was changed, and then I got a few flashbacks so have been using the MAC Pro cream in it's place.. but, to be honest, this is my HG.

I always have two tubes in rotation and always travel with one tube. The tube packaging is fantastic - lightweight and easy to tote along. I hate the big clunk jars with big open mouths.
The texture of this product is dense -- not thick just dense but that makes it so easy to build up or out. You can mix this with moisturizer, illuminator or even your spf for hot humid weather (I have and it works beautifully). I am going to use it this way around my under eye and nose/cheek area which are the areas so affected by menopausal sweats. The product has always worked for me when I have deep deep undereye discoloration from lack of sleep.

Mix this on top part of your hand, warm up and apply with fingers then use your blending brush or beauty blender to meld the whole face.
amazing finish and one of EL's best products imo.

will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have never written a review for this foundation, I love it! I bought it on a whim last year walking through macy's because I had bad acne scarring, acne-prone, sensitive skin. The saleslady tested it on her arm for me. Literally one drop covered her whole arm! Okay great, a little goes a long way. But my main concern was if it would break me out, because I've had plenty of foundations do that to me. She assured me that the she never heard any complaints, so I bought it, I think its only $34? Not a bad price for what you get! It definitely gives you FULL coverage. I put three dots on my face and just buff it in with a flat top brush and I get all the coverage, but it does not look overdone. I've had the one tube for almost a year now and i think it can last me another 3 months. Has never oxidized, never breaks me out, stays on all day. I don't use concealer anymore, this foundation takes care of everything. A+ from me! I don't think I'll be buying another foundation anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

I have done a lot of research to find the perfect foundation, and I finally found it. There are certainly bad reviews for this foundation and the reason is because they don't know how to use it. You can't just put this on your face real fast and run out the door there is a certain way you need to put this foundation on in order for it to work for you. It took me a while to really learn how to use it and these are my steps.... 1) moisturizer 2) primer (tarte clean slate 12 hr) or any primer of your choice. 3) Mac fix+ 4) put Very little foundation and blend with your beauty blender. This gives me full coverage and it doesn't look cakey because you use very little since you don't need a lot. This doesn't make me break out either. After 6 months I have completed my search for a foundation.