Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/13/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Use: Cleanser (with micro cloth), moisturizer, primer (mineral makeup). (Amazing as all!)
Time Used: For about 4 months.
My Skin: Pale, sensitive, very dry, adult acne, uneven & dull, spider veins.
Amount: 1 drop on face as moisturizer, 3-4 drops on face as cleanser.
Opinion: Amazing!

My skin is so glowing, soft, and clear. For the first time in 30 years I can wake up and not feel like I need foundation. I use this as an oil cleanser and it cleared up my acne when nothing would. I use a micro cloth to buff this off and it makes a huge difference as well. I use it under mineral makeup as primer and it works fantastic while moisturizing! (I wouldn't suggest to use with commercial foundation as the oil breaks it up; thus how it can be used as a cleanser).I also put on a light layer at night underneath my lotion. I have dry skin and it corrected this but I hear if you have oily skin it will also balance you out as Jojoba is a balancer. You do have to use it for a few weeks before the balance occurs.

AMOUNT MATTERS! You shouldn't need to use a ton of this. That will make you greasy. I use about a drop to a drop & 1/2 on my entire face for moisture/primer. Plus this will make the product last a really long time. If you want to use it on the body try mixing your favorite lotion, a little oil, and a little water (for mixing) in a mist/spray bottle. This will give you a lot of the benefits without using a ton. As a cleanser I use about 3-4 drops if I'm wearing heavy foundation to breakup the foundation. If I'm not wearing a ton of foundation I use maybe 2 drops at most. Make sure to wipe your face after rinsing! Oil is water resistant. I use a micro cloth. You can apply a little more fresh oil as moisturizer after cleaning.

Other oils: Coconut oil is thick and while it works at first, can cause cyst acne after a month or so. I tried Argan oil and found it did nothing for me but some swear by it. If jojoba doesn't work for you, try it. Argan oil does feel very light weight when used as a primer. It is also a dry oil so no greasy feeling and is also superior in hair because it doesn't make it look oily. I still prefer jojoba for skin because I'm so dry.

I will note that everyone is different. Just because an oil works amazing for 90% of the population doesn't mean it won't cause you woes. Try oils till you find one that works but one of them should! Highly recommend the oil life! :)

on 1/11/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It's a decent product that is versatile but it's not the best for any use. I find coconut oil better for hair and body, argan oil a better facial moisturiser and mineral oil based blends work best with my skin for cleansing. I do use it as a carrier oil and sometimes cleanse with it unmixed however it doesn't rise off easily (although it is easier than some). I travel with the small sized bottle as it's convenient and being an all rounder, saves me from carrying lots of different bottles. I've heard of many people having great results using jojoba oil as a cleanser and moisturiser but for me it's just OK. Functional but not wowing.

on 1/11/2015 2:55:00 AM

I use this on my scalp and it definitely helps soothe all sorts of issues! I love the amount you get for the price! This is all around perfect.

This oil is great! Just a few drops under your normal moisturizer works wonders on my skin. My skin actually looks better and has responded so well to the oil!

on 12/28/2014 10:16:00 PM

LOVE. wonderful natural moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts. HG product always have some on hand. Packaging sucks and is hard to dispense without getting everywhere. Wish they would change that but otherwise, A+.

on 12/19/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Best face and body moisturizer. I apply it from head to toe every morning after I shower. Soaks in very quickly, leaves no oily feeling or oil stains on my clothing. Only down side is the cost, $15 for 4 oz. I go through a bottle every six weeks since I use it everyday. Still I can't give it up.
UPDATE: I've been using Bath and Body Works cream to moisturizer my body instead of the pricey jojoba oil. I still use jojoba oil on my face/neck daily and am still loving. Just couldn't justify spending $30 dollars every month for a body moisturizer.

on 12/10/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I saw many good reviews about this and decided to give it a try but Im not sure if this product actually works.

Im using it as a moisturizer for face and for my back and i have to say it is OILY. As it is so oily, i do not know whether it has good absorbance or not. I see many reviews here it is not oily and absorb fasts but it is really oily to me!

on 11/16/2014 12:26:00 AM

Jojoba oil is the only product I use to keep my skin clear and it works very well. I will occasionally get a few pimples if my skin is irritated, but since I started using the oil about a year ago, my skin is drastically better. I put it on every night and it leaves my skin moisturized, although pretty greasy during the night but I've learned to live with it. It leaves my skin glowing with smaller pores and an even complexion, and most importantly almost no acne.

on 11/6/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

bought it based on the awesome reviews but definitely didn't work for my sensitive skin. Worked well at first but overtime it made me break out in cystic acne and made my skin become more sensitive.

on 11/6/2014 11:30:00 AM

I really had high hopes for jojoba oil but YMMV with any carrier oil... I used it for a week and by the end of the week my pores were clogged (even pores near my eyes where the skin should be pore-less!) Now I'm very wary of jojoba oil listed in the ingredients of any product. It can also be listed as Simmondsia chinensis. Buyer beware...

Popular Moisturizers