Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 12/28/2014 10:16:00 PM

LOVE. wonderful natural moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts. HG product always have some on hand. Packaging sucks and is hard to dispense without getting everywhere. Wish they would change that but otherwise, A+.

on 12/19/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Best face and body moisturizer. I apply it from head to toe every morning after I shower. Soaks in very quickly, leaves no oily feeling or oil stains on my clothing. Only down side is the cost, $15 for 4 oz. I go through a bottle every six weeks since I use it everyday. Still I can't give it up.
UPDATE: I've been using Bath and Body Works cream to moisturizer my body instead of the pricey jojoba oil. I still use jojoba oil on my face/neck daily and am still loving. Just couldn't justify spending $30 dollars every month for a body moisturizer.

on 12/10/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I saw many good reviews about this and decided to give it a try but Im not sure if this product actually works.

Im using it as a moisturizer for face and for my back and i have to say it is OILY. As it is so oily, i do not know whether it has good absorbance or not. I see many reviews here it is not oily and absorb fasts but it is really oily to me!

on 11/16/2014 12:26:00 AM

Jojoba oil is the only product I use to keep my skin clear and it works very well. I will occasionally get a few pimples if my skin is irritated, but since I started using the oil about a year ago, my skin is drastically better. I put it on every night and it leaves my skin moisturized, although pretty greasy during the night but I've learned to live with it. It leaves my skin glowing with smaller pores and an even complexion, and most importantly almost no acne.

on 11/6/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

bought it based on the awesome reviews but definitely didn't work for my sensitive skin. Worked well at first but overtime it made me break out in cystic acne and made my skin become more sensitive.

on 11/6/2014 11:30:00 AM

I really had high hopes for jojoba oil but YMMV with any carrier oil... I used it for a week and by the end of the week my pores were clogged (even pores near my eyes where the skin should be pore-less!) Now I'm very wary of jojoba oil listed in the ingredients of any product. It can also be listed as Simmondsia chinensis. Buyer beware...

on 11/5/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted this to work for me because it works really great in my hair. However, to much of my dismay, it worsened my skin. I used this for about three weeks and I found that it make my face breakout into small bumps all over my face. Initially, I thought this was the "purging period". Alas, it was not. I guess I'll just stick to it for my hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I will always have some of this on hand to remove eye makeup because every other makeup remover I have ever tried either doesn't get it all off, strips my skin dry, or is irritating and burns. I also use it on my face as an extra moisture boost, a few drops in my hair when it is feeling dry, and I also mix it with other oils (almond, apricot, coconut) for the body. my only complaint is the packaging, as it sometimes leaks or dribbles out more than I need (I find it hard to get just a few drops out). Otherwise it is a great lightweight oil that is great for a bunch of different uses.

on 10/8/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

One of the questions was: "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?"
I think I'll NEVER run out, I just use 2 drups a day and its GREAT value for money!

Love this. Very soothing to my confused skin, plus it helped clear up zits, my oily t-zone and my dry spots on my cheeks. Doesn't smell pretty, but doesn't smell bad either. Just kind of faintly herbal rooty.

on 10/8/2014 7:53:00 AM

I am new to the oil for beauty world and I must see I am noting it. My main uses for the jojoba oil is to remove the remainder of my eye makeup after I have used some of my makeup remover. The jojoba oil gently removes the stubborn mascara, strengthens and conditions my lashes and moisturizes my undereye area. All perks!! Oh and I use two drops on my dry hair when it looks a bit frizzy only at the ends. Love this product.

Popular Moisturizers