September 21, 2014 | 1053 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by livetofly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this for a nighttime moisturizer! i use it after Bragg's Apple Cider Vineger as a toner, go to bed, wake up with baby soft, plump skin. A little too light to use on my body. A little too heavy for a daytime moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by athena2112

I would absolutely buy this again! I have been using this for about 3 months now: I use it in my hair after I wash it, I also mix with my facial moisturizers and use as a make up remover. My skin is pretty oily and acne prone but since I have been using this my skin looks great and I have had very few large pimples. It does take some time to gauge the correct amount to use but once I did that I definetly saw the benefits:) Give it a try, I don't think you will regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by cgmaurlina

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face. I was breaking out really bad and when I started to use jojoba oil my skin looked incredibly better in three days. I had no purging, it has worked better than using my clarisonic. I use this after washing my face with black soap and I have dry, sensitive, whitehead prone skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by pvining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the only moisturizer I have used regularly for nearly 20 years now, and I will never go back to commercially processed lotions or creams. I had excessively oily skin from my teens through my early thirties. I used every product imaginable to try and dry it up, and my skin responded by producing even more oil. Then I read about jojoba oil being the closest thing to skin's natural sebum, and how it was a good natural moisturizer, and doesn't clog pores. I tried it and my oil production and breakouts slowed down immediately. I am now 49 years old and have smooth, clear skin. Jojoba oil is very soothing and soaks into my skin almost instantly. I like that it is a pure, natural product with no chemicals added. I use it every night after I wash my face. And whatever is left on my hands after moisturizing my face, I will massage into my scalp and hair, and shampoo it out in the morning. This is one of those products I cannot live without. I will keep buying this forever.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by manduh

I have been using jojoba oil for years. I mostly use it as a moisturizer for my face because I have overly dry skin, especially in the winter months, as opposed to oily. It has worked wonders for me. It hydrates my skin without causing breakouts and gives me a healthy glow. The trick is to use the right amount. Less is more with this product as too much will make you look oily and greasy. I also pour it directly into my shampoo and conditioner bottles as it works great on hair as well. I definitely prefer jojoba oil to almond and other oils I have tried and I find myself purchasing a lot less expensive facial creams for dry skin because jojoba does the trick naturally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by tonkagal101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for acne prone skin. Highly recommend this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

I have been using this for two years now as my only moisturizer. Completely changed my skin! I love it! Absorbs quickly, but never makes my skin feel tight, and leaves a nice glow. I wish it was in a pump bottle as opposed to a squeeze, as the oil can drip easily.

You really do get a lot for your money. at $10 a bottle, they last me 6 months to a year. Rarely break out, and when I do, it's probably more of a birthcontrol related issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil. This is a vegan product, containing no animal ingredients and not tested on animals. I use it on my hair and I must say it absorbs very well and leaves my medium-length curly frizzy hair soft and manageable. I highly recommend this product for hair (I think it should work well for skin too, as I've read that it is the closest to our skin's natural sebum, however I have not used it for skin yet). I think it is expensive for the amount of oil you get, but I would repurchase. The packaging is nice and simple though I think the hole that the oil comes out of could be better positioned so oil doesn't get on the rest of the bottle. I am actually going to try virgin coconut oil on my hair next, as I've read it is the only oil that penetrates the hair shaft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff! I started using this after reading it may help reduce oil production for people with oily skin. Coming off a round of accutane my skin was starting to break out again. I've been using this for a month now and my skin is great! I did not experience a "purging" period like some people reported. Spots are a rare occurrence and when I do get any they go away really quickly. I pour 4 drops on my damp hands at night and apply onto face, prior to application of my regular over the counter creams For day I mix 2 drops with my regular moisturizer. Overall it seems to have calmed and balanced out my skin. So glad I gave this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by maneandchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great light oil... not heavy or overwhelming. Perfect for just about anything beauty related.