The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Sucrose, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Mel, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Parfum, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sodium Benzoate, Sucrose Laurate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-6, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol.

on 6/25/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Sulfate free shampoos don't work on my hair. This one in particular left my hair impossibly tangled and frizzy.

on 4/11/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a gift, and because my scalp is quite sensitive I wasn't sure if I should try this. Well, I have been using this for a week now, and it does add volume to my hair. It also feels healthier, without all the chemicals. However, it is rather drying and I suggest that you use a conditioner together with this product. I forgot to use conditioner once, and it was one of the worst mistakes ever - my hair was so dry it kept getting into knots at the slightest movement. The smell is rather pleasant, and it's ingredient list is not bad, but that's about it. Nothing really special about it, and it's pretty expensive for this quality. It makes me drop a lot more hair though. Nonetheless, I still repurchased this, but it's not something I will pay full price for. I stocked up on mine when it was on sale.

Ok, this is the second review I am writing on this product because last time I think I gave it too harsh a time.

I have long (waist length) bleached hair and I thought this would be a nourishing shampoo because of the 'moisture' in the title.

It's really not very moisturising at all, if anything it makes your hair more dry but the smell is AMAZING I would buy again for that alone.

I usually use this as a second shampoo (I wash my hair every other day) so I will do a first shampoo, rinse, put this on and then conditioner. So it's a bit of a 'take it or leave it' product but I still like it and the consistency is a bit like treacle!

Agree with other posters that you need a LOT to lather well though.

on 12/28/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo from the Body Shop smells amazing. I buy from the Body Shop because it doesn't have any junk in them and they are cruelty free. This shampoo can leave my hair feeling coarse but leaving the conditioner on for a good few minutes usually does the trick. Pricey for what it is.

on 8/13/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is quite an average shampoo. For the price, I expected something much better.

The name says Rainforest Moisture but it has done nothing for my dry hair. It is just not moisturising, perhaps salicylic acid has something to do with that coz isn't that supposed to be drying? Also the shampoo doesn't lather well and I need really lots to get my hair clean (and I don't use styling products).

I wouldn't really want to repurchase this but my hubby is quite satisfied with this shampoo (he has normal hair) so I guess will buy for him.

on 7/19/2012 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this along with the matching conditioner. I donīt use a lot of styling products at all and my hair is pretty happy with any shampoo. This shampoo lathered up like crazy, so I expected good things, but found that my hair kind of stuck together ( I have should length hair, not too long) while I was rinsing it. The conditioner helped this a tiny bit, but I still had major problems getting a comb through my hair. I tried this shampoo for a week and found that it mad emy hair dry and staticy. I wonīt be buying it again.

on 6/27/2012 2:30:00 PM

Makes my hair super soft. I have dry hair and I use this along with the matching conditoner.

Works well, but I hate the texture of it.
It doesn't lather/foam/sud up much but at least it works.

Worth a try!
Smells O.K.

on 6/21/2012 7:16:00 PM

The important thing about this shampoo is that it very gentle and light, so it may not work well if you use a lot of styling products in your hair (I use none at all).
For me, this shampoo is really great. I've been on the conditioner only method for about a year, and during this time I've also had this shampoo in travel size. During the periods that I've used the shampoo regularly my hair has aqcuired a wonderful sort of… softness. It has felt fluffy and soft and thick. If that makes sense.
I mostly used it while doing castor oil treatment – so for a long time I was sure that it was the castor oil doing it. But then I used the shampoo alone for about 1-2 weeks, and the fluffiness returned.
So now I've actually bought a full size bottle of it and am quitting CO. The only difference is that I need to wash my hair more often, while on CO I washed it less than once a week, now I wash it twice a week. But that's okay, since washing with shampoo is much quicker than CO.

on 4/6/2012 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim to be ecologically friendly; I chose the Moisture shampoo and conditioner because of my curly hair (3a/some 2c). It was alright, not an extraordinary shampoo, but it never gave me bad hair days.It doesn't lather much, 'cause it's a more natural shampoo, but I quickly got used to that.. My hair never felt dry, so that's good, at least. Perhaps I expected too much from this product. Anyway, I won't repurchase this immediately since I wish to try other products , bur I would buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is likely the worst shampoo I have ever used. I might as well of skipped washing my hair altogether. My hair is not picky at all, I will use pretty much whatever shampoo and conditioner and be fine with it. My hair was left feeling greasy, staticy and tangly, plus it made my scalp itch like crazy. It felt really unmanageable and just unappealing. I am so glad that I only received a sample of this and didn't pay for it.

Popular Shampoos