July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadows in general.

The color selection isn't too great, not very many matte selections and only a couple of unique shades - I like more choices, so one lippie off.

The price range isn't too bad but since it is around the same as MAC and a little less than Urban Decay.

The wearability is okay. I always use a base under my shadows so I haven't attempted to apply it without. For the most part the shadows are very buildable so if you have something on the sheer side you could layer it to get more pop.

Packaging stinks. I gave it a 3 though. I do like that you can see the color from outside of the package so if you have more than one you don't have to open them all. Usually the color stories have nice LE packaging but in a quad there may be only two shades that I like. The shade pan is pretty big, bigger than the old Elizabeth Arden shadows. Also, out of all of the shades I have I haven't had a problem with cheap compacts that fall apart (again like the old compacts that housed two shades together). The biggest loser in the packaging is the bulkiness.

The best shades IMO are Bubbles, Siren, Moonbeam, Ember and Smoke.

I have an old quad that came out with a summer color story from 2004 that is starting to run out of my favorite highlighter shade called Sun, but it is not available for purchase in itself.

Overall, I do like the quality but until there are better variations of color I won't be shopping for anymore Elizabeth Arden shadows. Ditto for the Christmas / Holiday eyeshadow kits that have a million shadows and only two maybe three good ones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a quad palette from a friend, sadly there is no name for this product on the bottom. It contains a light green, a beige, a medium brown, and a dark grey eye shadows. All are matte. I find all 4 to lack pigmentation and even with a good primer they barely show up. I have even tried to pack on the colour with no success. I was disappointed in theses e/s and would never think about purchasing any of EA e/s collections.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Electrogirl

Mom gave me two 6-pan palettes of Arden eyeshadow two or three years ago. I strongly suspect a Costco special was involved. ;)

Texture: Pretty nice, but I expect softer from a high-end company.

Color Selection: One palette is matte neutrals, the other is shimmery colors with a bit more drama. Can't really speak for the whole line here.

Pigmentation: Kinda sucks, really. It's a shame because many of the colors are so pretty. The darker shades, such as Cobalt, show up well; that one actually makes a nice liner. But I have to use the spongy thing to make the pale shades, such as Vanilla, show up. The light shimmers, such as Gold, work well as washes. White Pearl makes a pretty good highlighter for daytime, since the low pigmentation means it's a sheer pure-white shimmer.

I'll use up my favorite shades from these palettes, but I certainly won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I got these as a gift-with-purchase, and these are probably the LEAST used eye shadows in my kit.

For a department store eyeshadow, this stuff is really lacking in the pigment department. The only one I really use is Teak, but I only use that to fill in my brows after grooming, but that's about it.
I just can't get the others to work.

If anyone is considering buying these eye shadows, I would suggest taking a look at some of the neutral colors, as they seem to work the best.
If you feel that you may want to purchase one of their more colorful eyeshadows, I suggest that you REALLY test these out before you buy them.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteWeapon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I recieved a compact of 12 eyeshadows for Christmas a year ago and was disappointed in the quality of product. I remember Elizabeth Arden eyeshadows of the past that had high quality pigment and would last forever, since then they're changed the formula to a too sheer, unblendable, 4 hour lasting product that doesn't deliver the quality results you would expect for the high price tag. Save your money and buy a drugstore product, it's just as good if not better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swapped for a couple of EA's gift with purchase palettes of two shades each. One palette is excellent - a smokey deep purple and a silver, both with shimmer, the other is a slate grey and pink, both matte. The shimmer palette is quite pigmented, especially when used wet and over a base, and lasts well without creasing. I didn't like the other palette though - shades had very little payoff and were extremely hard to blend. I guess quality does vary, so pick carefully!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of 2 neutral shadows (one brown, one grey) and it has lasted months! I love how smoothly they go on and the fact that it lasts all day. I think I'd have bought them fullsized if the names of these particular shades were printed somewhere on the package. I'll just have to remember to bring it to the counter when I get a little more cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2006 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Lividity

I think Elizabeth Arden has some really pretty colors. Some of them tend to e on the sheer side, but I think they work extremely well. They are some of the best highlighter colors that I've ever used, bar none!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2006 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ewoka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love the Bubbles colour, it's a blue-ish colour with a hint of gold that blends really well with the Gold colour. I have dark brown eyes and it really makes them pop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I like this a lot. I forget the name of the color, a goldish reddish rusty shade with shimmer (Earthshine, I think?).I won't buy again simply because i don't ever need to buy e/s again ( I own way too many.) This is great in terms of pigment and is neither smooth or chalky. meaning, it goes on well but i couldnt describe the texture as great or horrible. But it's good. And it lasted all day on me. And again, the pigment is great. I also love the Arden 2-pan compact that is sold for these. When i bought this e/s, that compact was only $3, magnetic and holds other round pan shadows as well.