Chanel Le Vernis #475 Dragon

4.1

on 2/11/2012 6:49:00 PM

this is by far the best red nail polish i have ever worn. ever.

it delivers full opacity in ONE coat ladies and gentleman. the colour is amazing, a beautiful classic red that works well with my nc15 skin. the colour becomes flat the longer you wear it, so you will have to keep re-applying a top coat if you want it to be shiny.

the only downfall is that, being a chanel product, it comes with a hefty price tag. hence the 5 rating for the price.

it will last me forever so i don't mind. i won't have to buy a bottle for years.

Okay so here's the deal with this nail polish. It is a beautiful true red color, every time that I look at my nails when I am wearing Dragon I think of the holiday Mercedes Benz Commercials where Santa is driving a red mercedes...not sure why this color reminds me of that commercial, but it does. Anyways...
The formula is great to work with, it is thick, non-streaky, and goes on opaque in one coat. It also dries pretty fast, especially for a red polish. You definitely need to wear a top coat and even then this polish chips within 2 days (or at least for me)
Overall the formula is great to work with, the wear is mediocre and the color is not terribly unique, but honestly if you can afford the steep price tag or just want to splurge I would say that it is worth it.

on 9/21/2011 4:46:00 AM

This is a perfect, silent, warm, creme red that can be worn with anything anywhere. It's slightly orange based, but it's definitely not orange looking on the nail. The hint of orange just makes the base warm enough to prevent the polish from looking too dramatic or vampy as blue based reds can sometimes do. It's a close match to Dior's #999, but Dragon is slightly more "flat" which in my book is a good thing for everyday wear. Application and wear is great. I think it's one of the very best everyday reds at all.

on 9/3/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

on my 2nd bottle.. best red for me since it is the perfect deep red but it is neutral and vampy. Wears like a rock for me with Seche vite on top.

love it.

on 9/3/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have succumbed to Chanel once again. This is a beautiful perfect true red. Just one coat is smooth and opaque. Some have described it as a warm red but I would say neutral. I use Lippmann's Addicted to Speed as topcoat. Lippmann's My Old Flame is a dupe for this and was my go to red. I think Dragon is a bit less prone to chipping. Also, I usually need two coats of My Old Flame.

on 8/21/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have ALWAYS wanted to wear red nails, but could never find a particular shade that paired well with my skin tone [NW25, strong pink undertones]. But this RED, is gorgeous and looks amazing on my hands! It is not a cheesy, holiday color, but is one that is sophisticated and classy. It is wearable all year round. Would I buy this again? YES!

Don't discontinue this one CHANEL, please!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Such a beautiful color! The perfect cherry red. It chips easy if no top coat is worn, but overall is good quality. The brush is the best I have ever used!

www.jenesaisquoifashion.blogspot.com

on 6/8/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i love the colour. but in terms of quality honestly in commprisson with dior 999 royalty red -its not the best. i really love the beautifull chanel-bottles and such. but dont think that the price is a garantee for quality. the brush is thin some like that better. one coat is quite opaque. in my area opi polish costs almost as much as chanel -but i choose the opi in most cases! -because that does not chip as much as chanel. (but dont let urselfe get talked out. it is a beautifull product that will last very long (because u might get back to ur chip-free essie reds) -nevertheless i wonder why i was thinking about getting the colour fire -which is pretty much the same shade.. -but i dont use base and top-coats. maybe i just need the expensive chanel base-and top coats to make it last for days????

on 4/7/2011 5:00:00 AM

I love this polish, it was the first Chanel item I purchased, along with their Dragon Lipstick. They are the same opaque, deep red shade...sexy but elegant too :)
It is easy to apply which is great as I have quite shakey hands. One coat looks lovely, but two coats gives optimum coverage and shine.
It does chip after a few days, but if you apply a base and top coat the wear improves greatly.
Another great thing about this Chanel polish is that it dries quite quickly. It conditions my nails too!
I doubt I will ever run out of it as I really don't wear polish very often, but I would repurchase if I ever needed to.

on 12/31/2010 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have my own bottle of Dragon for a long time. My dad give it to me when I graduate from my uni. And I loved it immediately. The color is the same as sole of my Louboutin's pumps. It looks great on my tips and toes. It's very classic feminine and ah, soooo pretty. I think I should do a little backup because this color will be in vogue for years.
Conisistency is thick and opacity is great (one coat is good enough but I always use two thin coats of any polish).

Popular Polishes