Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I read some reviews here and get so confused - how can you possibly NOT love this product? But then again, everyone has different skin and ways of working with make-up and/or hopes for the product. In my case, I absolutely adore it and have already three cans from this line - one a tad bit darker for summer and two in the fairest "Fair/Light" for winter. And considering that they cost 2000 yen each here in Japan, I think it says a lot about how much I like them. I have a liquid foundation from another brand but it got quickly abandoned the very same day I found this product (that I took on a pure whim... and it paid out!). It is a full-on foundation, this one (black lid), although it seems like there are other versions too.

So, on to the pros with it:
1. The colour matches my NC15 skin tone perfectly. Not many products tend to be light and neutral with a tiny hint of yellow'ish in them. Most are pink'ish and makes me look... well, weird.
2. The cooling sensation makes it feel like it melts into my skin and becomes a part of it, creepy as it may sound, but it very for me especially in the summer when it's 35 degrees Celsius outside and I need some cooling down.
3. It holds perfectly in dry windy winter and in humid hot summer.
4. When it comes on it STAYS on. In a 18 hours school day, all I may need is some blotting for the nose around noon in summers.
5. The longevity. I use quite a bit everyday and YET one can lasts for at least 5 months. The summer one? Not over yet, and still it was the only thing I used from June until October.
6. It melts into my skin, a combined skin with acne prone areas. In the winter some parts gets more dry than others, but just prepare with a good moisterizer and there's no problem.
7. On the skin, I thought it looked a bit glittery/shimmery on my hand first, but when finally on the face I see no traces of it anywhere at all. I even asked friends about it, first time when I wore it outside, but not even the most honest one who always tells me when mascara is all over the place could see anything weird with it.
8. The coverage is good. It isn't a pore-covering product nor the heaviest cover (I'd say a 3) but have a primer over pores and a concealer and the result is amazing. I don't actually own a concealer but just use the foundation a bit extra, but it works like a charm that too.
9. I have a tendency to fall asleep a bit everywhere, call it exhaustion or just general stupidity (coming home from the club in the morning and falling face first into bed), but even asleep with this product on I won't break out. With my liquid foundation from another brand, I wake up next morning looking like I've never heard about skincare, but with this on I look like I did the night before skin-wise. Surprisingly much staying on too, considering how I rub my face against the pillows.
10. The design is good for me, and it's round and easily goes down in any bag I own. No worries about accidentally opening it either.

But, as with everything, the cons:
1. The brush is shitty. I won't lie about that. It might be okay, but it doesn't do it for be AT ALL since it's too small and just annoys the heck out of me. So what do I do? Use a bigger brush. Problem solved.
2. The product inside is easy to get out into the lid? Well, that's positive, but it's not as fun when you've travelling and when opening the can realizes that half of the contents have come out. It makes dipping the brush and working the product a bit more difficult. I'd love to see some changes with the design of it.
3. Because of the brush that comes along, the top is unnecessarily big and annoys me. Take away the brush-holding part and the lid-top becomes half the size and I'd personally prefer that.

That's all I could remember for now, but if there's any changes or such I'll make sure to edit this review.

First translucent powder I have tried, it is light and refreshing. Doesn't help my makeup last very long when I am sweating. It has a lot of glitter in it which I don't really like considering it's supposed to give a "shine free finish"

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this product on clearance for only a few dollars and decided to give it a try. I didn't like it very much because the cooling feeling freaked me out and the packaging was too frustrating to deal with because too much product always ended up on my brush. I did use it on my friend who has impossibly dry skin, and I mean her skin is IMPOSSIBLY DRY. Anyways, I used it on her before we went out to a party for New Years, and it looked great on her as the night progressed. She used it on top of the 3 and 1 foundation from CoverGirl and while it looked a little cakey when it was first applied, it quickly changed to give her a smooth, satin finish. It's a good product, just be sure to apply it sparingly and to slowly build it to the coverage you want. Slowly. Dear God, SLOWLY.

This stuff is just gross.

Here's why:

-TOO MUCH SHIMMER. I'm trying to cover blemishes on my face, not point to them with giant glittery disco ball chunks

-Cakes like all hell. Literally just sits on top of your skin.

-Sorry but the "cooling sensation" is awful. Every time I put the stuff on my face it feels like the brush is wet and I'm smearing on mineral powder with a dirty wet brush which just feels disgusting and I just can't get over that.

Main reason I purchased this was it was on sale, and it actually had a shade light enough for my super pale skin, which is very rare especially mineral makeup. So that was great, too bad everything else about the performance of this product sucks.

I just bought this product today. My first impression of it is refreshing. it felt very cool nd light on my skin. I rlly like how clever they was with the little brush. hoe its built into the cap. lol but i will buy this again totally worth the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Meh. The brush included works if you have no other option, but it is quite stiff and difficult to use. It is quite bulky packaging, but I am glad that there was a sifter and the brush is collapsible and fits into the lid. Now onto the product inside. This product definitely has some novelty in it with the cooling sensation that you will feel when the powder is brushed onto your face. BUT this product has very little coverage. If you have great skin, then this will give you a nice finish. It has some glitter in it, but it won't make you look like a disco ball. I was not expecting this to have any mattifying properties because it is called Colorstay Aqua, but I would like to mention that it made no difference to my skin. It did not make it more or less oily. This does come with a lot of product, but will get cakey if layers of this are applied. That is why I cannot emphasize enough that this is for people with good skin who would like a bit of glow and a nice finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMFG cake face. This is the cakiest powder I've ever used. Even the tiniest amount settles into every single line, pore and crease. It feels heavy AND drying (where is this moisturizing property?). It's basically the worst powder I've used. I returned it. Waste of money and ruined my makeup for the day. So bad I had to wash my face after putting it on as I wouldn't want to be seen in public. Yuck. Awful. Its only redeeming quality is that it's really fun to put on as it has a cooling effect. But guess what, so do lots of other powders that aren't terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It gives great coverage, but its still light feeling! I use this with the Revlon Colorstay 24 hour foundation, and they go perfect together. When I bought this (11/13/14) Ulta had their Revlon foundations buy one get one half off, so I just ended up paying $6. I even use the brush that came with it. Will buy again :)

I was uncertain about trying this foundation after reading other reviews. However, I was determined to find a mineral powder foundation that would work for me after reading an article in Marie Claire that said mineral powders are the best option during the winter, as they skim over any dry flakes of skin, whereas liquid foundation clings to and accentuates them. Let me say first, that I have always avoided powder foundation under these assumptions: it wouldn't provide great coverage, would look cakey/powdery, would settle into my (sigh) fine lines, and wouldn't hold up through the day. Let me further say, I have tried a world of liquid/cream/mousse foundations ranging from drugstore brands to Armani, Chanel, Bobbi Brown Lancôme, MAC, etc. and never found a single one I liked. So: what a surprise to try the Aqua Mineral Makeup and fall completely in love. Great coverage, gave me a smooth, airbrushed look without being cakey or fake and yes: nicely slid over a few dry patches I have here and there. And it feels amazing going on: a cooling, hydrating sensation. Best of all: it still looked great 8 hours later without a single touch up. After that long, I did a quick dusting with a translucent powder just to absorb a little nose shine. Love this, love that they have a Fair shade for my very pale self, and love how it wears. I am no longer dreading a cold winter of embarrassing, scaling, blotchy skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just picked this product up today and was blown away by my first impression. To begin I have very dry skin, very scaly/flaky around my mouth and chin area and no amount of moisturizer or oils will fix it. It's probably an internal health issue to be honest, I never stay very well hydrated but I digress. The idea of trying a powder product really urked me. It only emphasizes my flakes. A lot of my liquid foundations even dry to a finish that cracks and clings. But as I scoped for something new (as if I really need it I have so many foundations) I saw this, a powder, with the word aqua on it. That doesn't even sound logical right? I was so intrigued, coconut water!? That sounded so heavenly I immediately picked it up being that it was the last one (even though the shade was a little too dark for me).

I unpackaged it in the car as impatient as I am and swatched it on my hand as I do with all my makeup and was put off by the fact that it had noticeable specks of glitter. I could just picture the disco happening on my face already. Not to mention it was settling into the lines, not into it. I could see the foundation I had on for the day already was making my face look flaky and dry so I decided that when I got home from school I'd remove my makeup and try this. Now one has to understand: I applied this over a bbcream (missha perfect skin). I did not use this on it's own because during class I actually read makeupalley reviews that said the coverage wasn't enough on it's own.

The packaging is beautiful, the brush isn't complete crap either, a little small but nice quality if you're in a pinch. I used my own essential tools kabuki brush and used a liberal amount of product. THE FEELING WHEN IT TOUCHES YOUR SKIN I WAS IN SHOCK. A cooling effect similar to when you splash water on your face. It was very smooth looking and feeling and very soft. I then needed to use a second liberal amount to finish my face so that's a con that you do need to use a lot. When I looked in the mirror I was in awe of the way it helped my skin look plumper and the flakes that I was so accustomed to on my upper lip were virtually gone. And though my acne was still visible (some of the coverage from my bbcream had been wiped away from the friction from the brush) it didn't have the scales around it from my constant treatments of them.

I am overall very happy with this product but intend on getting an exchange for color since medium/light was a little too dark for me- workable, but too dark for winter. I cannot wait to continue using this throughout my dryest season!

So a quick Pros and Cons
Pros
A cool moisturizing feel
A very wearable satin finish
Smooths
Lovely Packaging
Light feeling

Cons
Glitter cannot be seen on my skin but if you're oily it will probably accentuate those
problem areas
Kind of expensive for drugstore powder
You need to use a lot for desired coverage or affect
---
Update!
I've tried this over top of the loreal truematch lumi foundation which I hated because of how clung to my dry patches (weird for a product with lumi in the name). It literally just gives a boost of radiance and smoothness to everything I've tried it with. I have not tried it yet on it's own because I don't really see the point, it performs it's best from what I've seen so far over other products. If you have dry skin like me or dry patches I would use this to "set" over foundations, bbcreams, and tinted moisturizers. I am in love