April 19, 2014 | 1715 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Lashangel02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If u have a lot of mascaras, like me, and tend to switch on and off, this is not the best mascara to add to a collection. As a beginner, yes this mascara is good to try, but I usually only use this rarley. I've had it for 6 or so months now and yesterday I used it the first time of the month and it was very VERY flakey! I'm not sure if it was the hot environment, but If it was, this mascara did not go with it. My friend told me that she could see the mascara under my eyes, and it was so embarrassing!! Won't be purchasing again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It's definitely one of my top favourite. I have sparse and fine lashes and they seem to coat them very nicely with a natural look.

The formula seems to be a dry formula, so it doesn't weigh my lashes down and I didn't even buy the waterproof version like I normally do. This is my first mascara that I have ever bought as a non-waterproof formula and actually liked it!

The mascara definitely does separate and volumize my lashes without clumping them as it says. The packaging is super adorable, I love the color combo, it definitely stands out like most maybelline mascara packaging.

I actually like the smell of the mascara, it has a rose-like scent to it. It kind of reminds me of the lancome mascaras' scent. I don't mind it so much.

I wouldn't use this mascara alone for a dramatic look but combining with different types of mascara, it sure is a winner in my books!

If you're looking for a mascara to add to your lash routine, you may enjoy this mascara to help separate the lashes but if you want an every day-natural look, then this mascara works just as well alone!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by charmedandgorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anyone else's smell really weird? I recently purchased this mascara and I like it. I believe it does the job it's supposed to-lengthens, darkens and separates my lashes. However, it smells so weird! Idk if that is the packaging or the actual mascara and it doesn't bother me too much, but I'm wondering if I purchased one that had something wrong with it. Lol aside from the smell, it provides the volume and length that my lashes need and I plan to continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Three words: Holy grail mascara. Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to start with expressing how much I love this mascara. I usually only buy Maybelline mascaras, because I find most of them are really good. And this is so far the best mascara I have ever come across. I have naturally long eyelashes, and this makes them look just so much longer and thicker, it's unbelievable. If I try a mascara out and don't like it, I always go back to this one. It gives my lashes super mega volume, and really curls them upwards as well as making them super thick. No spider leg thin lashes to be seen here people! The brush is super big and really good at getting every lash and separating them. I really love the packaging as well, it's such a lovely colour. Seriously, go and buy this mascara. You will not regret it.

Pros:

- Mascara doesn't clump on brush OR lashes
- Gives super volume and thickness
- Doesn't make lashes look like "spider legs"
- Formula isn't too wet
- Doesn't make lashes feel dry or crunchy
- Dries super quickly and doesn't transfer

Cons:

- None that I can think of!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

I adore this mascara! Hands down Maybelline is always my go to when it comes to mascara, no doubt. See I have pretty long eyelashes and they are super straight and stubborn. So when it comes to mascara I always have to get waterproof otherwise my eyelashes will not stay curled and will go back down to straight. But this mascara is great! It truly does not clump my eyelashes at all! Like at all! I love the brush too, it is easy to use and I can manage to get the corners of my eyes too. I usually get the blackest black and it just makes my eyes stand out, I love it. It also gives me a tad bit more length on eyelashes which is always a bonus! Love this mascara, I am currently using the Rocket volume express, but I think I might go back to this one. .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by earriaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara!!! I've been using this product for about 3 years and still love it. It adds volume and length for my lashes with two coats of the blackest black mascara. I've received so many compliments of my lashes just by using this mascara. Make sure you apply two coats for a dramatic look and play with the wand when applying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Finally a Maybelline mascara I can get on board with. I bought it because I had a $3 off coupon from my grocery store. It makes my lashes look very full and defined. It also doesn't feel "crunchy" when I remove it at night like my beloved L'Oreal Telescopic. Never found a Maybelline product that worked for me this well. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by alyssawren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I don't use it alone, though. I usually just use it for the excellent brush it comes with. I got it just because I really like Maybelline mascaras. It smells a little bit weird, but it does do really well with separating your lashes!

Usually I will use the Covergirl Lash Blast Length first and then the One by One afterwards to do some more separating.

Overall, it's pretty good. It does what it says it does : )

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I bought this cause makeup by alli on YouTube uses a lot. Normally I find maybelline can do no wrong with mascara so I gave it a go.
I did like how it seperated the lashes and made them look super long. I didn't find that it added any volume. Also the formula dried so quickly I couldn't get a really good coat on. Maybe I just bought a bad tube. I tried this on several occasions but it just didn't work.
Lately I've been loving maybellines The Rocket in waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by azalea2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really mixed feelings about this mascara. On the one hand, it does add jet black volume to my relatively thin lashes, but it doesn't always separate my lashes "one by one" as well as it claims to. Once the first coat is on, my lashes wont budge anymore and subsequent coats just result in clumping. My lashes also feel slightly ticklish when I'm applying the mascara, and that's something I've never experienced with any other mascara before. I love the fact that this mascara comes off easily with just warm water, and doesn't leave a whole lot of blackness around my eyes like some water soluble mascaras do.

All in all, this is an average mascara, at an average price. But I don't think I will be buying it again.