E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 7/7/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap £1 an eyeshadow and £4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

on 6/23/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I happen to have purchased this in the Everyday Basics Eye Edition. The colors in the palette weren't what I would normally called everyday wearable colors. However, the palette was still workable nonetheless.

I found that some of the eyeshadow colors were more pigmented than others. Unfortunately, there ere some that hardly gave off any color payoff at all. The case that it came in was rather cheap looking. And it felt like it would easily break. Which is why, I had to be extra careful when handling it.

Overall, this palette really didn't impress me. Which is why, I will certainly think twice before ordering any more 32 pc. eyeshadow palettes from E.L.F. again!

on 6/16/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's worth about $5, tops. The case is hard to open until you realize that you have to pull it apart. The selection of colors looks nice in the packaging, however, they disappoint when applied. Even with primer and a base, the color didn't even last 3 hours. The shadows are not pigmented at all and don't apply evenly. Most of the product is lost in the fallout. That being said, I do like some of the colors as they're understated enough for me to get away with at work. This palette should last me a while since I barely use it, so I won't need to repurchase in the future.

I bought the warm 32 palette from E.L.F. towards the beginning of my obsession with makeup (:D). I had seen palettes before and wanted one badly, since I only had a small cheap one with 12 shadows I had gotten from Walgreens for $.99. Since this one wasn't expensive at all (it was $5) and I had decided when I started wearing eyeshadow they weren't going to be hugely bold and most were going to be neutral, I went for it.
At the time, since I didn't know how to test makeup to see if it was quality, I was very excited and happy with this palette, which features silvers, very loose gold sparkles, shades of beige and brown and a shimmery and matte black. Now, however, looking back at this it wasn't worth $5 (which, even though most are only $1, is the reaction I have towards many of the E.L.F. products I buy.)
This palette is extremely hard to open, nearly impossible without breaking a nail! How am I supposed to get it open? With a screwdriver? The shadows are hardly good quality, very chalky and untrue from the pan to the lid. I was very dissapointed when I tried to use both the blacks; they hardly showed up even when wet. The gold sparkle shade isn't shadow; it's loose sparkles that ended up all over my cheeks and was, as I nicknamed it, Fallout City!! I never use this palette anymore, and it is all the way on the bottom of my eye shadow palette collection.

(Feel free to send me a message!)

on 2/15/2012 2:12:00 AM

You pay what you get for. I do like this palette and use it for days I wont be wearing MU for a long time and just want a nice wash of color on the lids. The bronzy colors are really pretty on this

on 2/11/2012 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrible! The shadows are chalky, sheer and hard to work with. I'd rather spend more money and get beautiful, smooth shadows. Some of the colours in here are weird too. These's chunky glitter. I'll be giving this to my niece to play with.

on 1/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a 32-pan ‘warm’ palette at Target after Christmas for $4.15. It caught my eye because it was cheap, and it had a lot of shades I regularly use (taupes, plums, browns). I like it, though it won’t replace my ‘staple’ eyeshadows. It will likely wind up in my travel bag, since it pretty much has any shade I’d need conveniently in one palette. The only thing that would make this even better would be the addition of a green/olive shade(s).

The packaging of this is plastic with a clear lid so the shades are visible. The lid is a little hard to pry open. It comes with a chintzy foam-tip applicator which I never use. I use my ELF eyeshadow brush. It contains 4 rows of 8 shadows. There is over a full ounce of total product. Each pan is about ½ in by ½ in.

There is a variety of netural-warm shades as well as textures which can be used in endless combinations for natural to dramatic looks. There are shimmer, matte, and glitter shades. The pigmentation varies depending on the shade/texture; generally speaking, the shimmery shades are softer and more pigmented, the glitter shades are more chalky and less pigmented, and the matte shades are kind of hit-or-miss. I only use the darker, matte shades wet as eyeliner, so the texture doesn’t really matter so much to me.

The shades are arranged (somewhat) by color family. The top row is pale base/highlight shades & taupes. The 2nd row is brown tones. The 3rd row is pinks & plums. And the bottom row is the darker ‘smoky’ shades. There’s only a handful of shades I’ll probably never touch, so I do think this is a well edited collection of neutral/warm shades.

For the most part, these apply easily and last all day (over my ELF primer). There is a little fallout depending on the shade, but nothing too bothersome. They layer and blend pretty easily.

Overall I like this collection since it contains many of the shades I wear on a regular basis. It would be good if you’re looking to ‘streamline’ your makeup collection or if you’re just starting out with eye makeup. It’s a solid collection of neutrals with a nice variety of textures. (Not a lot of 'color variety’ in this palette, though). The shadows apply & wear well, with only a few exceptions. The quality of the shadows is comparable to most mid-range brands. Recommended!

on 12/27/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

32 shades for $5 is a great deal, but this palette is difficult to work with and I just don't have the patience. I have the neutral palette and some of the colors are really nice. My favorite is probably the rich brown color that is very pigmented, creamy, and not chalky. I wish I could say all the colors in the palette were similar, but they are not. Many of the shadows are very dusty while some of them are nice. The palette frustrates me because I haven't used all the shades, when I'm doing my makeup if I use a shade that is dusty/chalky/very poorly pigmented, I pretty much have to wipe my eyeshadows off and start all over again. I don't really have the patience for it and i didn't see a light brown that was very nice for a neutral look. I liked the pinks in the palette. Idk, for $5 there's no regret, but I wouldn't repurchase when there are drugstore options like Wet n wild that make nice e/s.

on 12/23/2011 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in warm. Unfortunately when I received it there were a few shadows that were broken. But never mind that. The eyeshadows are powdery. Pigmentation is pretty good. But the powdery feel just puts me off using it.

on 11/18/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A multi-use palette for me; I own the palette that is in the 2nd picture. I do admit that the colors aren't as vibrant as MAC, Nars, Urban Decay, and Benefit shadows but, the use of a primer helps bring out the colors. My favorite colors are the first row (Contains golds and brows). I use this row to shade in my eyebrows, line my waterline, and create a bronze-gold eye. The bottom row is my least favorite (Black and silver colors). 3 of the colors are exactly alike. The ones that do stand alone are either not pigmented enough or too powdery. The shadows also cause fallouts' and fade with time if you do not prime your lids. I find that the green, blue, and purple shadows are difficult to build color. It takes 5-7 swipes for the color to come through on my medium fair skin. Overall, I can't complain for $5. It's a damn good palette for beginners ;)

My complaints
-The palette lid broke off in less than a month
-Bottom row colors too similar
-Bright colors hard to build color
-Some colors too powdery