April 19, 2014 | 1746 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros: cheap. Easily applied.
    Cons: doesn't last on oily skin even with primer, transfers, can't colour match, turns orange, thin and watery.

Blech. This was a big mistake. Luckily it was a fairly cheap one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Mikhailitchenko

Now I really loved how this product looked when i first applied it, it has a light coverage and a really nice natural finish. BUT when i looked at it again half way through the day most of it was gone even though i set it with a powder , I didn't use a primer with this so maybe that would improve the lasting power . I really do wish it lasted longer , because the finish and the feel of it are great. If you have very dry skin this might work on you .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by dsqrd44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Did they discontinue this product? I hope not cause I love it but I haven't seen it in stores anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definitely made my skin break out and caused oiliness, and I do not generally have oily skin. Disappointing because the color match was pretty good (alabaster is pretty pale)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not for oily skin made me break out bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why on earth did they discontinue this foundation?Such a nice formula- dewy, but not too shiny! It has more of a tinted moisturizer feel to it, though you have to be sure to exfoliate and moisturize very well before applying or it will cling to all the dry patches on your face, and "pill". Not fun!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by theanonymousse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

-Dries fairly quickly, although I'd say a bit too quickly when I'd put a little bit all over my face to even it out with a brush (halfway dries out by then)
    -Accentuates the pores around my nose because it becomes cakey when dried
    -Dries one or two shades lighter
    -Smell is nice although I personally prefer non-scented cosmetics--don't exactly want the smell to scream 'hey i'm wearing makeup even though I'm going for the natural look!'
    -Packaging is okay although when I just need a bit of liquid there is a tendency to squeeze out too much. **Make sure to turn it tight or else the liquid will spill out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

LOVE this product. Blends perfectly, looks natural with medium coverage. It's a dewy, almost sun kissed look (WITHOUT being orange, which is a must.) More like a heavier tinted moisturizer than a foundation. I've been wearing it daily for two weeks now and have had 0 blemishes pop up, which is always great. The only cons of this product is that after roughly 3 and a half hours of wear, it crosses the thin line between "dewy" and "shiny/sweaty/kinda oily." I tried dusting a bit of ELF translucent setting powder in the morning, and it just made this already great foundation look flawless and last all day. (Problem solved.) Am totally buying again after my 1st bottle runs out. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation because i often like to have a cheaper drugstore foundation on hand so i'm not constantly using my higher end ones. This intrigued me because it was advertised as having light coverage with a nature finish. I can honestly say i do think that it looks great on the skin and there is a very nice shade selection. It lasts decently well on my skin and applies nicely. This reason i can only give this foundation a 3 is because the smell is so overwhelming. I know its intended to have a cucumber smell, but quite frankly i think its smells strongly of urine.. straight up. I dread applying this because i hate the scent so much, which really is unfortunate because the foundation itself is a very good product, i wish cover girl would remove the fragrance though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kaylababin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation, it's definitely the best one I've found so far. I've got fairly oily skin, and this stuff doesn't dissolve, spread or separate like a lot of other foundations do on my face. As long as I set it with powder (which I do with all foundations anyway), it lasts a lllll day long looking pretty much the same as when I put it on in the morning- I really only have to blot and re-powder my face once during the day. It feels really light on my skin, but at the same time covers everything and evens out my skin tone fantastically. The stuff smells pretty cool too, not too overpowering. I bought this in Flax, which should suit most lighter skin tones.