Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation  ] [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2.6%), Octinoxate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cucumis Sativus Fruit (Cucumber), Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Wax (Jojoba), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Trideceth 9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG 10, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides
Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

on 7/23/2013 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Not the greatest, nor the worst I've tried; definitely would be geared towards drier complexions. I got Sandstone, a fairly good match for my NC25 ish skin tone. It didn't oxidize as other CG foundations have on my skin, but I found the formula to be very dewy with not a great deal of coverage. My skin tends to be combination to dry, and this was a bit too much on the moisturizing end even for me. I got it for 1.50 at the grocery store, so I wasn't out much money. I think this would work for dry skin that doesn't need a great deal of coverage. I didn't notice any irritation or blemishes with the use of this, and my skin is very reactive. I might save it for winter months when I am in need of moisture the most.

on 7/22/2013 12:31:00 AM

This gives really great coverage without feeling heavy... feels really creamy and light! Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros: cheap. Easily applied.
Cons: doesn't last on oily skin even with primer, transfers, can't colour match, turns orange, thin and watery.

Blech. This was a big mistake. Luckily it was a fairly cheap one.

Now I really loved how this product looked when i first applied it, it has a light coverage and a really nice natural finish. BUT when i looked at it again half way through the day most of it was gone even though i set it with a powder , I didn't use a primer with this so maybe that would improve the lasting power . I really do wish it lasted longer , because the finish and the feel of it are great. If you have very dry skin this might work on you .

on 6/13/2013 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's really good for people who are new to foundation as it was easy to apply onto the skin, and true to it's name as it feels like silk, and made my skin feel really smooth.
It could be used as an everyday foundation as it has light-medium coverage.
But it didn't go very well with my oily skin. I found myself touching up on powder and oil blotters every half hour-hour, because it kept making my skin oily.
I would probably recommend this to people who have normal skin without much acne scarring because of its light coverage, dewy finish and cheap price, but not for those with oily or combination skin as it made my oily skin more oilier.

on 5/28/2013 9:21:00 PM

Did they discontinue this product? I hope not cause I love it but I haven't seen it in stores anymore.

on 4/27/2013 9:16:00 AM

I read rave reviews on MUA so decided to give this a shot, I normally avoid CG products and have never liked anything made by them...

First of all its dirt cheap at $10, and it performs really well for that price. Provided medium to full coverage, was easy to apply, set nicely and stayed put.

A few reviewers have commented on it being too pink, that might be the case with some shades but not for 320 ASPEN, it was a really nice light neutral shade that suited my skin nicely, and it didn't oxidise.

My only issue was I found it a bit drying, a lot of reviewers have talked about how it gives a dewy finish, I found it was more matte than dewy, and in a few holiday snaps made a few fine bunny lines on the side of my nose more prominent. I would probably describe the finish as being 'silky' rather than dewy, if you get what I mean?

I ended up mixing it my my revlon age defying foundation for around the nose and forehead areas, and used it straight up on the rest of my face for a flawless finish.

For a bargain foundation it gives you bang for your buck.

on 4/24/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This definitely made my skin break out and caused oiliness, and I do not generally have oily skin. Disappointing because the color match was pretty good (alabaster is pretty pale)

on 4/19/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not for oily skin made me break out bad.

on 4/3/2013 1:56:00 PM

Why on earth did they discontinue this foundation?Such a nice formula- dewy, but not too shiny! It has more of a tinted moisturizer feel to it, though you have to be sure to exfoliate and moisturize very well before applying or it will cling to all the dry patches on your face, and "pill". Not fun!