November 28, 2014 | 1113 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Bronzer - Princess

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for WnW's Coloricon Bronzer in #33837 Don't Be Shellfish. I'm NC40 and thrilled. Since I wear bronzer as blush year round, I need a product that is natural, long lasting, and complex enough so that the powders read as multi-dimensional in shade on the skin. The quality is excellent, the staying power excellent, the glow, everything. The powder is two toned with a clever design of the darker powder on the outside of the pallet, which means I can easily sweep a blush brush around the perimeter to get the brown and then come back to a shell and star-shaped part of the pallet to get the salmon colored highlight.

I often just swirl these together with a brush before applying. It gives my cheekbones a sort of burnished quality that I have not found in other bronzers high or low end. The package indicates that the product is a "special micronized blend of treated nylon powders to adhere to the skin and provide long lasting, blendable color. I don't know this technology, however it WORKS. Best of all it dies not break me out, which is a huge thing for my sensitive/aging/acne prone skin. I add a layer of finishing powder from Lucy Minerals on top for extra insurance. Everything about this product is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by monica8six

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was given to me by my sis, she thought it was too dark on her, but I think she didn't apply it right. At first I wasnt feeling it, I applied with cheap blush brush. Then got a Sigma F40 brush and now use this to contour, and I love it. It's not too shimmery, but highly pigmented, so little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this bronzer every day. i use it on my temples, and cheek hollows to warm up my complexion and add depth. i apply it with a 116 brush. this bronzer is extremely pigmented but it blends really well. i use MAC mostly so i am so glad to have found a great bronzer which is so inexpensive. i would recommend this to those who want to try out bronzer without buyers remorse if they dont care for it. i am a bronzer addict, and i think even if you love your high end bronzers, this one will surprise you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by underage

SO cheap and SO pigmented. I picked this up because I needed a really dark bronzer for summer and this is perfect. The packaging is crap and so is the brush but for $2.99 I can't complain. The sparkles don't really show up and it gives you a great glow. I actually prefer this to a lot of my high end bronzers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, just to clear this up, Princess is where it's at. I don't know what they were thinking with Goddess, but it is a hot ass mess. Don't even go there. This stuff is nicely pigmented and it is almost impossible to apply it wrong (unless you're using the actual brush it comes with, because, as usual, the makeup brush it comes with is crap), the gold sparkles are subtle enough where you don't look like a teenager huffing body glitter yet present enough where it gives your skin a healthy glow. Hasn't irritated my skin. Dirt cheap ($2.99 at Rite Aid) and just wonderful. One of those products you hope people don't catch on to so you don't have to worry about fighting to find it on shelves. I'd say go for it. It's not like you have much to lose. It's 3 dollars.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Love this as a bronzer. I dont think ill ever hit pan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG this is an EXCELLENT bronzer!!! It is super cheap and it has great pigmentation it looks very nice and bronzy on my NC42 skin! I have recommended this bronzer to a few of my friends and love it!!! it is a bit dark but it gives you a great glow ...a little goes a LONG way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought both 'Goddess' and 'Princess' so I'm going to compare the two.

For reference, I am blonde with light-medium skin tone. Tan don't burn and even when pale am darker than your pale girl. but I'm still not medium skinned naturally. I have warm undertones to my skin.
Princess is more of a bronzer imo. Goddess has a rose undertone, but it's subtle, but it's more like a blush on me. I think darker people would like Goddess better than Princess.

Both colors are gorgeous and I'll probably never wear blush again, because these are like blush but better. They give you a glow that blush doesn't deliver.

I am in love with both products. HG.

@$2,99 a piece, just get both. If you don't like one you can return it -- you can even afford to NOT return it.

I just hope these don't break me out. I'll update if that happens.
I want to thank the MUA ladies for turning me onto wet n wild products, because I always passed them by, thinking it was crap. Oh, so far from crap!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this a year ago. Loved it. Never knew the magic of bronzers till I saw a youtube vid of bronzers and how pretty it made this one girls face look and decided to buy one. This lasted me a year and I haven't had any reason to try any other bronzer. Just for your info I am Buff in Revlon Colorstay, so prob a NC15 in mac (just a guess never tried it) but I'm pretty light skinned.

I mean it's long lasting, never had a problem with it staying on my face. It doesn't have some huge shimmer orgy problem. It's pretty matte. Also it doesn't have some orange tone to it that I have heard other people complain in other bronzers. No oumpa lumpa here. And it is cheap! Just bought my second one, that will prob last me... Another year:)

O BTW, I dunno who the hell wears "Goddess" another bronzer Wet n Wild offers, it is noticeably orange toned. I mean I could literally see the orange in it. Maybe it was just good lighting in the store, but I compared these two just out of curiosity and big difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I came back from Mexico this year with a gorgeous tan and a million compliments for it (despite wearing and reapplying sunscreen and sitting underneath an umbrella!). It started to fade really quickly and I liked hearing those compliments, and I figured this was cheap enough to just try. It's very dark in the pan and very pigmented so you have to be very careful. I dab just the end of MAC 134 into it and sweep it back and forth over my forehead, re-dip and then sweep up and down on my cheekbones, and then blend over and over again over my temples. (Blending, blending, blending!) Then, I re-dip and dust my nose. A little shimmery blush and voila! Tan and healthy.