November 26, 2014 | 1504 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Perplex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this polish as it's a decent dupe of Chanel Paradoxal. I love the dimension in this polish. Gorgeous purple-taupe with hidden shimmer. I received so many compliments when I wear this color. Durability it comparable with OPI and Essie. I'm hard on my hands/nails and if I get 4 days without a chip...it's great in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this nail polish. It is easily opaque in two coats. Best of all is the lasting power! My nail polish often chips very easily because of how often I have to wash my hands at work, but this definitely beats out Essie/OPI etc. After a week I only had minor tip wear [for reference I use CND Stickey and Seche Vite]. If you can still find this color definitely pick it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have been searching and searching for this polish for about a month. I recently found it at Big Lots of all places for $1. Quite a steal, so I bought multiples. I don't LOVE Revlon polishes formulas, but this one seems to be a bit on the better side. I can get a nice opaque look in one coat. The color itself is a rich plum, with grey undertones, and some hidden shimmer. It's supposed to be a dupe for Chanel's Paradoxyl but i'm not sure cause I don't own the Chanel version. If you can find this polish then I definitely recommend purchasing it. Don't even think about it, because you'll love it. I buy alot of polish and don't usually repeat much, but i've kept going back to this every time since I purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by HayleyJoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found it a pretty good match to Chanel Paradoxyl :D One of my friends splashed out on the real thing, I got this... and I couldn't tell them apart.
Love the formula, love the colour. Perfection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this at Big Lots, too, there was a whole display full of them for $1 a bottle. Get them there while you can!
I really like the formula of this polish, but for me the color isn't OMG AMAZING like I thought it would be based on the reviews. It seems like a fall color, a dusty purple-gray, so it doesn't make sense to me that you'd have to be in the sunlight to see the dimension since it's cloudy in fall...? idk, maybe it's just me but I'd like the sparkles/duochrome-ish whatever to be just a smidge more obvious indoors. I do like the color, it's very flattering on my skintone and I don't own one like it, I'm just nit-picking. :)
For some reason Perplex wears a lot better for me than other Revlon polishes that chip after like a day *cough Stormy cough*. It's very opaque, you could get away with one coat but I did two just to be sure.
I'm glad I found this for $1 because I would have been slightly disappointed if I paid full price for it when the hype was in full swing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Bondno9girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic color! I found this at Big Lots this week for $1.00 a bottle. Funny thing is I looked everywhere for it and it was in the last place I would ever expect to find it! Very pretty color, applies nicely and wears well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great dark shade for nails. I love how it isn't matte or anything. Just provides a nice finish on nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

So I couldn't find this nail polish ANYWHERE around me and finally gave in and got it on ebay for a little more (I didn't care, waited long enough...). I'm glad I went for it cause it really is a great nail polish...the quality is really good. I did two coats over a base even though it would've been pretty opaque with one. It goes on smoothly, no bald spots, dries decently (not super shiny but evenly), and no chips after wearing it after a couple of days. At first glance on the nails it looks like a muted darker purple but if you look at it in the light you can see more of the dimension- sometimes you see a slightly shimmery brighter purple, then grayed purple. I think it's a unique color but if you look at it in normal light, it's just a flat-looking dulled purple. So the quality is reallly good, but the color looks better if you look closely at it and see the duality of the shade. If you're just living your normal, daily life, no one will really notice the glimmery brighter purple color that shows when it hits the light. Nice polish though, glad I tried it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This is the first time I'm trying a Revlon nailpolish (I tend to stick to OPI, Orly, Zoya and RBL) and I'm pretty impressed. The formula is surprisingly amazing: very smooth and easy to apply, not streaky at all, but still very pigmented - it was almost completely opaque at just one coat. It kind of reminded me of Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes. I wish the brush was fuller so I could cover my nail with fewer strokes but this is a very minor complaint. I got it for less than $5 at a local drugstore which is steal for this high-quality formula. The color is very flattering on my skin tone and is great for winter:looks like a dark creme indoors but in the sun the hidden shimmers are quite obvious and looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by icypeeches

This is what I wanted Chanel Paradoxyl to be. The Chanel version chips after a day. The revlon has much better staying power. The colors are like 99% similar with the chanel being slightly more grey and the revlon leans more purple. I'm returning paradoxyl to Nordies. Thank you Revlon.